View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    As I read this report from the company that I used to work for, it occurred to me that as of June the 15th, they could only see $ 9.50/shr in value for BBRY for the next 12 months out, while others, who reported prior to the $ 940.00 B financial gain, saw so much more for BlackBerry.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-td-bank-report-april-2017.jpg

How is it possible that these two firms can be that far apart? On the one hand, TD Bank came up with a target of $ 10.00/US when earnings were first reported (stock under $ 8.00/shr), and, they saw windows of opportunities for BBRY going forward. Now, RBC, with the advantage of knowing about the cash and all of the latest news on BB feels they have little chance of doing well in the next year.

The good news in every case is that all analysts are raising their targets, I guess that is a plus, it means/suggests they are able to do it again next week and every 3-months for that matter. Carry on.
    06-16-17 08:33 AM
    Guys , my keyone broke down while i am in indonesia right now , so i went to buy an AURORA since they slashed the price to 189USD, i spoke with the shop owner and asked how was the sales of the aurora and he told me he's selling about 100 units every month and said the response was pretty good . i also noticed one thing is that i went past about 3 telcos also and the blackberry point of sales were all very strategically placed , usually infront of any apple or samsung phones , i will try to get some pictures of it if i can tomorrow . Seems like we are gaining some strong foothold here because its locally made . but ofcourse this sample is too small to be judged but just a story i would like to share . And about the aurora , for that price range , its a really good phone , didnt know indonesia can make such good phones !!
    What brought your KEYone down?
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    06-16-17 08:36 AM
    What brought your KEYone down?
    just keeps restarting and couldn't i am returning it for RMA but meanwhile using the aurora . its smooth though =)
    06-16-17 09:19 AM
    @morganplus8 , this should be PM but I know you're not a PM guy
    Thank you for these dozens of words of praise. I take my part - not anywhere close to the biggest - and salute how you did point out the "gang" collaboration we had here, including the mods that have been over occupied dealing with our thread. We went through all these years and still, we all adapted to the period, proving anything can be discussed in good company, each with his (lack of) skills and good willing. I learned so much here that it's balancing - alone - all the time and (sometimes) efforts I've offered (Hey, I still want my shares to rocket though !). Again, thanks for conceptualizing it like you did, maybe you had some selective memory (I had my rants, too !) but I'll take it exactly like it is; your ever-verified kindness.
    Without this kindness, nothing would have been what it is today.
    I'm just the lucky one, value is yours - OK, ok, ours - guys !

Edit :
    And, FTR, you're not in the 100's like but in the tenths of thousands'. More than me !!! lol
    Furthermore, you have a similar amount of given ones ... tells much about you, should I say.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-16-17 at 11:35 AM.
    La Emperor, Corbu, sidhuk and 10 others like this.
    06-16-17 11:23 AM
    I am mostly on mobile to access this thread, but the likes has disappeared for a while and I haven't given out likes for a while. Does this happen to anyone else? Otherwise Mogan's likes received will be much higher.
    06-16-17 11:45 AM
    I am mostly on mobile to access this thread, but the likes has disappeared for a while and I haven't given out likes for a while. Does this happen to anyone else? Otherwise Mogan's likes received will be much higher.
    Same here. Ive been unable to access/view likes for what seems like an eternity now on mobile...this includes bb10 and android
    morganplus8 likes this.
    06-16-17 12:18 PM
    @morganplus8 , this should be PM but I know you're not a PM guy
    Thank you for these dozens of words of praise. I take my part - not anywhere close to the biggest - and salute how you did point out the "gang" collaboration we had here, including the mods that have been over occupied dealing with our thread. We went through all these years and still, we all adapted to the period, proving anything can be discussed in good company, each with his (lack of) skills and good willing. I learned so much here that it's balancing - alone - all the time and (sometimes) efforts I've offered (Hey, I still want my shares to rocket though !). Again, thanks for conceptualizing it like you did, maybe you had some selective memory (I had my rants, too !) but I'll take it exactly like it is; your ever-verified kindness.
    Without this kindness, nothing would have been what it is today.
    I'm just the lucky one, value is yours - OK, ok, ours - guys !

Edit :
    And, FTR, you're not in the 100's like but in the tenths of thousands'. More than me !!! lol
    Furthermore, you have a similar amount of given ones ... tells much about you, should I say.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	657 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	425316
    True my friend, I don't do PMs nor do I look at any other thread unless it is pointed out to me on this thread! Thanks for the kind words but I will always concede all praise to the originator of the thread! We have all ranted on this thread, that's for sure, I know I have too, I'm far from perfect.

As for the "like" count, I haven't looked at it since I declared that we should be getting air miles or something like that. From then on, I never looked at those numbers and I was so surprised to see the "likes" that I have given. I give most good/great/interesting posts a "like" but I also must say that when using my phone I do miss several posts as some of them are hard to read outside. And so my "like count for others" could/should be higher too.

Anyway thanks again .... my purpose was to let you know that I took this time to expand on my gratitude for everything you have done here. Take care Super!
    06-16-17 06:16 PM
    Special Thanks to John Chen and the Blackberry team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flash back!

BlackBerry Ltd upgraded by RBC thanks to new CEO’s ‘pragmatic approach’ | Financial Post
    06-16-17 07:30 PM
    06-17-17 08:23 AM
    OT: Weekend read
    Quantum encryption
    It is coming sooner than we might think...
    China's quantum satellite in big leap - BBC News
    BBC World Service - Science in Action, The Quantum Space Age Takes Off
    I remember JC talking about some BBRY talent who had left and started a quantum encryption company. Hopefully buying a company that does that is on his M&A roadmap. And while we're on the subject, they announced a partnership with a company out of Israel who monitors systems for irregular behavior, that seems like a good fit. If the rumors that BB are working with top automakers (was it Bentley or RR?) to deploy that kind of a service, then I wouldn't be too surprised if JC used some cash on bringing them into the fold.
    Last edited by FeitaInc; 06-17-17 at 03:31 PM.
    06-17-17 01:24 PM
    06-17-17 01:38 PM
    Interesting tweet from Carl Wiese:
    06-17-17 06:15 PM
    Guys , my keyone broke down while i am in indonesia right now , so i went to buy an AURORA since they slashed the price to 189USD, i spoke with the shop owner and asked how was the sales of the aurora and he told me he's selling about 100 units every month and said the response was pretty good . i also noticed one thing is that i went past about 3 telcos also and the blackberry point of sales were all very strategically placed , usually infront of any apple or samsung phones , i will try to get some pictures of it if i can tomorrow . Seems like we are gaining some strong foothold here because its locally made . but ofcourse this sample is too small to be judged but just a story i would like to share . And about the aurora , for that price range , its a really good phone , didnt know indonesia can make such good phones !!
    A little off subject, but I hope you post photos in the Aurora forum of the displays if you get some. If you are wondering, I read in this thread because I am interested in investments, including BBRY. I find it informative and appreciate it.
    Last edited by Sigewif; 06-18-17 at 02:09 AM.
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    06-18-17 01:23 AM
    OT:
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-som...ted-1497814241
    Why Some of the Worst Cyberattacks in Health Care Go Unreported

06-18-17 03:09 PM
    A little off subject, but I hope you post photos in the Aurora forum of the displays if you get some. If you are wondering, I read in this thread because I am interested in investments, including BBRY. I find it informative and appreciate it.
    hey buddy , i was busy with work past couple of days , when i get pass one i would snap it for you. you are welcomed and i hope we do well in indonesia =)
    06-18-17 03:20 PM
    Interesting tweet from Carl Wiese:
    Interesting article that was the subject of the tweet:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/408...ort-blackberry
    Corbu, Greened and rarsen like this.
    06-18-17 04:02 PM
    hm.. SPHS low at 1.83.

it seems like you're in a good position relative your wife M8.
    06-19-17 10:05 AM
    Some opinions on Apple products where iPhone generates 2/3 of profits, where bashing of their products also exists:

Five Apple products that are headed for the scrapheap | ZDNet
    12 things Steve Jobs would hate about Apple today | ZDNet
    http://www.zdnet.com/article/cook-ki...-a-good-thing/
    Greened and morganplus8 like this.
    06-19-17 11:55 AM
    And lack of robust Security saga continues, not enough pain yet:

198 million Americans hit by "largest ever" voter records leak | ZDNet
    Each record lists a voter's name, date of birth, home address, phone number, and voter registration details, such as which political party a person is registered with. The data also includes "profiling" information, voter ethnicities and religions, and various other kinds of information pertinent to a voter's political persuasions and preferences, as modeled by the firms' data scientists, in order to better target political advertising.
    The exposed server was also found to contain gigabytes of data from TargetPoint, a conservative market research firm focused on helping candidates better understand voters' policy preferences and political actions. Some of these files, says UpGuard, contain millions of entries that appear to rate voters on the post-election likelihood of supporting a certain policy, candidate, or belief on a scale of "very unlikely" to "very likely."
    06-19-17 11:59 AM
    It's been a few quarters since I've had this much anticipation for an ER! It feels like a make-or-break moment, like in the BB10 days.

I've gone into earnings confidently knowing what to expect for the last year or so, but there are so many wildcards this time. Software traction seems to be a lot bigger than JC has forecast, and there are a lot of mobility solutions hands at play. Of course, we also have the IP licensing and partnership news always looming.

VERY exciting times for me! Am I the only one?
    06-19-17 06:23 PM
    06-19-17 07:02 PM
    It's been a few quarters since I've had this much anticipation for an ER! It feels like a make-or-break moment, like in the BB10 days...
    VERY exciting times for me! Am I the only one?

Lol. In a word?
    No!
    06-19-17 09:03 PM
    Found within an article about the GCloud move

"BBM is no longer a messaging platform. Rather, it is a social media service. It boasts 250 million users and it wants to be the “WeChat of Indonesia“. According to BBM CEO Matthew Talbot, the platform beats Facebook as the largest social media platform in Indonesia."

From: https://e27.co/google-cloud-platform...asia-20170615/

Posted via CB10
    06-20-17 12:57 AM
    BBM is no longer a messaging platform. Rather, it is a social media service
    Now make it collaborative a la Slack and we might have a winner ... provided there's a PC/Mac client ...
    06-20-17 05:36 AM
    06-20-17 06:17 AM
113,250 ... 40934094409540964097 ...