View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Morgan!!!! I'm not so forgiving as Corbu is!!!! If you recall I banned a nameless person from posting their Nasdaq charts and making Bbry stock going into the red. This nameless person is in south of France and not too happy. LMHA.

Cheers gang and all the best!!!!!!!!!
    My charts were nowhere involved, your J word caused all this but as you couldn't refrain, I had to stop posting the [blue + yellow] lines !!!
    :blink: :blink:

Corbu, Morgan and all, I should be the one kicked out but as mentioned before, Corbu-the-machine-gun for anything news and your immense technical skills make my comments pretty much useless, unless some still have some laughs reading my mhooooh's !
    rarsen, Corbu, primusd and 4 others like this.
    06-10-17 06:04 PM
    My charts were nowhere involved, your J word caused all this but as you couldn't refrain, I had to stop posting the [blue + yellow] lines !!!
    :blink: :blink:

Corbu, Morgan and all, I should be the one kicked out but as mentioned before, Corbu-the-machine-gun for anything news and your immense technical skills make my comments pretty much useless, unless some still have some laughs reading my mhooooh's !
    Please forgive me and you are no longer exiled. You are welcomed back to northern part of France. Lol

What I like about this threat is that everyone contributes a little for the greater good.

But I still miss Corbu girlfriends picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers and all the best
    Last edited by bbjdog; 06-10-17 at 07:30 PM.
    morganplus8, rarsen, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    06-10-17 07:07 PM
    But I still miss Corbu girlfriends picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    As do I! LOL!
    06-10-17 07:43 PM
    Good to hear from you, SF! I hope you are doing well.

We are doing our best to hold the fort hoping that, one day, those efforts will pay off for all of us...

And we get that $100 Paris party done! I am looking forward to introducing my girlfriend to bbjdog...

Cheers, SF!
    06-10-17 07:55 PM
    Sorry Corbu, but when BBRY hits a hundred dollars BBJDOG will be in south of France drinking wine with his mistress. LMHO
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-97202-hollywood-un-en-zengin-maymunu.jpg
    06-10-17 08:10 PM
    so, my screen is still in tact and getting used to the keyboard again

the battery is pretty killer
    the screen looks sharp and clear

and I have never had a bb device that snaps pictures as quickly and as clear as this phone, there is no delay what so ever

I am loving this phone

which ONE is it?
    the one with the KEYs

now, time to get my wife to open a TSFA trading account and get some BB shares while the getting is good.

as for my other love affair, SPHS, I am still not sure what to do if it ever pops. my thoughts are do nothing until they are bought out, it takes the thinking and hindsight out of it if I treat this stock like Checkers or Wreckers... thoughts?

also, should I get my wife and parents to buy BB or SPHS
    06-10-17 08:35 PM
    i was also curious as to why no one was mentioning about this at all
    I haven't heard any estimated of the per unit royalties. While the margin will be quite high I can't imagine the total revs amounting to much.

Apparently in 2012 Windows was charging ZTE $23-30 per Windows phone, after which they reportedly dropped this fee to as low as $6-10 in 2014.
    https://techcrunch.com/2014/02/26/mi...cost-androids/

They were later said to be dropping the fee altogether for HTC.

Personally I place the rosy bbry fee at that $6 per unit mark and a more realistic one a bit lower.

Your thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dusdal; 06-10-17 at 09:56 PM.
    06-10-17 09:42 PM
    Laughing at all the BS involve with the way this guy bended the screen. I have one for couple of weeks now and no issues what so ever. This is the best phone I ever used. When I combine usability, keyboard, battery life and build quality. Couldn't be happier.
    06-11-17 12:02 AM
    End of story, or should be.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12917927
    Corbu and morganplus8 like this.
    06-11-17 03:40 AM
    Just got sent to me from BlackBerry Mobile:

TCL Communication has a long-standing track record of delivering high-quality devices to our customers around the world, and the BlackBerry KEYone is no different. To ensure the highest quality in the BlackBerry KEYone, we used strong, durable premium materials and conducted rigorous stress tests on the device throughout the product development cycle to meet the real life use standards our customers demand. While the BlackBerry KEYone is being met with great enthusiasm, we are aware of the concerns around potential display separation on the device. Out of the thousands of BlackBerry KEYone smartphones that have been shipped and sold globally, only a very small handful of customers have reported this kind of issue.

Our teams are actively examining additional adhesive measures that might further strengthen and eliminate any possibility of display separation occurring. If a customer does experience this however, they’re encouraged to contact us for a device warranty replacement.

As I mentioned yesterday afternoon, recorded my KEYone durability test video. Should have it posted on Monday or Tuesday at the latest (dependent on my editor and she had commitments this weekend she couldn't get out of. Can read my debrief / spoilers here. Overall, it held up exceedingly well.

Will get this posted to homepage of CrackBerry asap too.. at my parents right now and my VPN is acting up (can't make new article posts without connection).
    no idea about the licensing fee but as what you mentioned then instead of selling by the "THOUSANDS" we prolly need millions . lol
    dusdal likes this.
    06-11-17 04:53 AM
    I unfortunately don't think the royalties from phone sales will be very high, I hope it covers the cost of them hardening android.
    I think India and Indonesia have more potential and as much as we love the KEYone, it won't sell enough here, but in those other markets, they might have a chance especially dual Sim versions

bb needs to keep thinking along the lines of radar, that's exciting stuff
    La Emperor likes this.
    06-11-17 05:46 AM
    I unfortunately don't think the royalties from phone sales will be very high, I hope it covers the cost of them hardening android.
    I think India and Indonesia have more potential and as much as we love the KEYone, it won't sell enough here, but in those other markets, they might have a chance especially dual Sim versions

bb needs to keep thinking along the lines of radar, that's exciting stuff
    BlackBerry aurora already discounted price now lol roughly 190$

06-11-17 07:12 AM
    I haven't heard any estimated of the per unit royalties. While the margin will be quite high I can't imagine the total revs amounting to much.

Apparently in 2012 Windows was charging ZTE $23-30 per Windows phone, after which they reportedly dropped this fee to as low as $6-10 in 2014.
    https://techcrunch.com/2014/02/26/mi...cost-androids/

They were later said to be dropping the fee altogether for HTC.

Personally I place the rosy bbry fee at that $6 per unit mark and a more realistic one a bit lower.

Your thoughts?
    $5-$10 per unit is the number in my head. Keep in mind TCL only pays on sell through.

I think this is trivial revenue compared to other BBRY products, so it's not something I'm worried about. I would be shocked if this licensing has any real impact on share price up or down.
    jgrobertson, rarsen and dusdal like this.
    06-11-17 08:47 AM
    Sunday music for the true BBRY people of this thread!! Cheers!!!!

Corbu likes this.
    06-11-17 03:26 PM
    06-11-17 06:35 PM
    Index down. Seems like a tech shakeup today..?!! Can our Berry hold out.. down as write this down 3,04% $10.69.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-17 09:21 AM
    Index down. Seems like a tech shakeup today..?!! Can our Berry hold out.. down as write this down 3,04% $10.69.
    Nah. Market is reflecting my unease of having to make the transition to Android today once my KEYone gets delivered. All my CDMA phones are dying due to age.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-17 09:36 AM
    Nah. Market is reflecting my unease of having to make the transition to Android today once my KEYone gets delivered. All my CDMA phones are dying due to age.

Posted via CB10
    In that case, thanks for the cheap 6/30 options. I'm having a hard time justifying the upgrade from my Priv to a KEYone, but a solid ER will certainly motivate me now.
    06-12-17 10:13 AM
    What is going on with MOBL today. Up over 10.8% so far.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-17 11:15 AM
    Ran into a guy in Niagara that had a keyone and played with it. Feels solid. Nice device. Old school done right. Not sure I'd swap my S8 plus with Hub for it but I'd like to try it out as a daily device for a couple of weeks!
    06-12-17 11:46 AM
    so what should we think about the happenings of last Friday and today? is the whole market moving out of tech?

my BB profits are rapidly shrinking...
    06-12-17 12:27 PM
    so what should we think about the happenings of last Friday and today? is the whole market moving out of tech?

my BB profits are rapidly shrinking...
    I think we have a great opportunity for a catalyst with the upcoming ER. Im holding my positions and actually increased it today on the dip. We'll see what the ER brings and reevaluate from there. News trumps the market imho.
    06-12-17 12:36 PM
    I think we have a great opportunity for a catalyst with the upcoming ER. Im holding my positions and actually increased it today on the dip. We'll see what the ER brings and reevaluate from there. News trumps the market imho.
    I'm really hoping for some good news from the ER!!
    06-12-17 12:49 PM
    Ran into a guy in Niagara that had a keyone and played with it. Feels solid. Nice device. Old school done right. Not sure I'd swap my S8 plus with Hub for it but I'd like to try it out as a daily device for a couple of weeks!
    Good, so at least 2 of us in Niagara with this phone!
    Superfly_FR and morganplus8 like this.
    06-12-17 02:03 PM
    Glad to hear it!

I don't get out that much now working from home, but have yet to see one in the wild here in Toronto...
    06-12-17 03:17 PM
113,250 ... 40904091409240934094 ...