View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    It just gets better and better. We'll have our answer in the next few years.

Andrew Left of Citron Research said in a note that BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) stock could hit $20 over the next two years

Macquarie analyst Gus Papageorgiou recently predicted that BlackBerry Ltd stock could reach $45 by 2020

And now:

Larry Ramer writes: My analysis, which is partly based on assumptions derived from Papageorgiou’s note, indicates that BlackBerry stock can reach $65 by fiscal 2020.

BBRY Stock: This Bullish BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) Stock Note May Have Underestimated It | InvestorPlace
    06-08-17 12:29 PM
    Couldn't resist:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-june-8-2017.jpg

We look very comfortable above $ 11.00/shr now. We dropped back to the May 15th gap up, low of the day as our start point, and rallied from there. We are inside a nice pattern on moderate volume and tomorrow looks very interesting, do we gap up and out of this formation or drop back and setup a sideways trend into the ER?

Great close, where are the shorts or was that them buying back shares all along? For the quiet period, BB has been very vocal indeed. GL

Re: SPHS, be patient, one person enrolled in the dosage test isn't enough to create a rally but it is coming.
    06-08-17 03:15 PM
    Not bad:
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/408...driving-please
    BlackBerry: Let's Start Talking About Autonomous Driving, Please!

06-08-17 04:22 PM
    Not bad:
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/408...driving-please
    BlackBerry: Let's Start Talking About Autonomous Driving, Please!
    Another interesting article from Seeking Alfa's writer <Bank on Insight>, who manages to return my faith that intelligent writers do exists, from among so many who seem to have very limited number of neurons with so few properly aligned. Brains in action is a refreshing great concept, looking forward to other interesting ideas and proper contributions to valid debates that don't insult reader intelligence. Keep up the good work, you are appreciated.
    morganplus8, Corbu, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    06-08-17 06:13 PM
    @Corbu, do you recall a statement from JC when he first started about how the then current QNX model was inappropriate. Basically QNX had developed the infotainment market with the expectation of very low cost, almost free, software and that that was not sustainable. He realized that that market would not change but the opportunity for QNX was to move to other parts of the car and set a more reasonable expectation for software costs.
    We need the analysts digging up those articles not the old GM announcements.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-17 07:01 AM
    @Corbu, do you recall a statement from JC when he first started about how the then current QNX model was inappropriate. Basically QNX had developed the infotainment market with the expectation of very low cost, almost free, software and that that was not sustainable. He realized that that market would not change but the opportunity for QNX was to move to other parts of the car and set a more reasonable expectation for software costs.
    We need the analysts digging up those articles not the old GM announcements.

Posted via CB10
    Here is what I think. What JC was thinking 2 or 3 years ago, QNX is at least 50 percent of market share in auto industry and it only gets between 100 and 200 million revenue per year, most of the money are earned by tier1 companies, and that does not make sense to us. Let's become tier 1 company by changing QNX to become a platform running on high power CPU/GPU or SOC to directly deal with OEMs and earn more revenue even though we could lose some market share.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-17 07:24 AM
    http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN1901P1

Guys, a must read today.

Just from Radar piece,

Macquarie analyst Gus Papageorgiou is even more bullish, saying combined hardware sales and subscription fees could hit $540 million in fiscal 2020.

Posted via CB10
    W Hoa, Corbu, morganplus8 and 6 others like this.
    06-09-17 07:37 AM
    Radar, which uses $400 boxes to collect and transmit information......BlackBerry charges $10 to $20 per month for every trailer connected to Radar

Raymond James analyst Steven Li forecasts that 8 million trailers will be equipped with Radar by fiscal 2020, generating annual revenue of $80 million. (Should read $800 million)

Born-again BlackBerry: Canadian icon hopes to ride trucks to growth | Reuters
    Last edited by W Hoa; 06-09-17 at 08:10 AM.
    06-09-17 07:57 AM
    @DREXcb, I do recall such a statement or a series of statements from JC. Back in early 2014, maybe? In an interview or on an earnings call. Not sure. I will try and do some digging around...
    morganplus8 and La Emperor like this.
    06-09-17 08:21 AM
    06-09-17 08:27 AM
    Can it get better? Yes ..................

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-june-9-10-7.jpg

WOW, we gapped out and over the pennant formation this morning on the basis of a good article and great TA. What's left? For the shorts, its a case of giving in and covering, if we close above $ 11.40/shr, that's a multi-year high and a signal to move much higher from here. Let's see if we can do this today. We have worked off multiple times of over-bought and now at $ 11.50/shr the RSI =70 so there's run to grow this price in the weeks ahead.

W Hoa - not so good math from our analysts right!? Last time I checked, 8 MM x $ 10/$20 Month is $ 960 MM &/or double that at $ 20. This is some high margin revenue too. The stock is cheap, cheap, cheap and over shorted at this time.

Do we get the short position after the bell ............... I believe so.
    W Hoa, Corbu, Mr BBRY and 6 others like this.
    06-09-17 09:09 AM
    8M x 10 = 80M, how are you guys getting 800/960?

Edit: I guess you guys are talking annual vs monthly
    morganplus8, Corbu and La Emperor like this.
    06-09-17 09:27 AM
    Just working some numbers here, and remember I have had 7 head surgeries so be kind. If we assume only $ 10 per month on 8 MM installs by F2020, using a linear growth rate, F2018 has to bare a great deal of expansion itself. Using a simple growth pattern, we are destined to do over $ 1 B in total revenues this Fiscal year alone. Can we price the stock at the level of at least $ 1 B in revenues now please?

Getting back to the math, the following year will generate a 40% growth in Revenues and the last year or F2020 must be up by 30% and none of this includes all other forms of revenue including litigation etc.. Now why wouldn't this same analyst set a 12 month target of $ 18.00/shr to match that rate of growth?

Our numbers look way better then AMD for the same time frame. It is so difficult to sell these shares knowing that some analysts see this kind of growth. Clearly most analysts don't see anything like this as they refuse to up their 12 Month targets. So part of the BBRY revival is going to be part anticipation, part long term investment and a whole lot of surprise.

Oh, there's that darn DOW Jones wanting to make an all time high again ................... stealing our lime light. are you Trump?
    Last edited by morganplus8; 06-09-17 at 10:10 AM.
    06-09-17 09:30 AM
    Good golly miss Molly!

Watching this is tantamount to pinball scores from an 80's arcade!
    06-09-17 09:30 AM
    8M x 10 = 80M, how are you guys getting 800/960?

Edit: I guess you guys are talking annual vs monthly
    Welcome back man! Long time no investment in BBRY? Always good to have our alumni back to the thread. Yeah, we are using annual numbers when talking revenue, darn typos.
    Corbu, Mr BBRY, La Emperor and 2 others like this.
    06-09-17 09:32 AM
    LOL. Thanks. I've been accumulating BBRY over the last few years. Never sold. Sitting on some serious profit. Been lurking in the forums over the years but don't have much to contribute, you guys are already doing a great job at it.

I always liked the company, never liked the stock and the games that WS played over the years and the incessant pumping on Stocktwits had me a little jaded. Had to bite my tongue a lot.

Glad you're on the mend tho.
    06-09-17 09:36 AM
    Anyways, you guys don't think 8M Radars is a bit optimistic?
    morganplus8, Corbu and La Emperor like this.
    06-09-17 09:51 AM
    LOL. Thanks. I've been accumulating BBRY over the last few years. Never sold. Sitting on some serious profit. Been lurking in the forums over the years but don't have much to contribute, you guys are already doing a great job at it.

I always liked the company, never liked the stock and the games that WS played over the years and the incessant pumping on Stocktwits had me a little jaded. Had to bite my tongue a lot.

Glad you're on the mend tho.
    Ha! Ha! Well explained. I live in constant fear that Corbu and his posy will petition to have me removed for lack of activity on this thread. As you can see, I'll post anything to stay here. It's like I'm wearing the shorts, my shirt is tucked in and I have the bow tie on and just want to blend in.

Now, ST, that site exists to gauge where you are intellectually speaking when it comes to BBRY and investment in general. You have to block those who are not as skilled at investing until you are reading only your own posts! That site is a good source for breaking news events but this thread is the gold standard for discussion.

The only thing missing today is some of those wonderful Japanese girl pics that we used to get on Fridays from "The Kid"!

Nice to see you are alive and well too. My recent surgery is slowly turning into a keeper, big plans for the Fall if this one sticks. Take care.
    06-09-17 09:58 AM
    Just working some numbers here, and remember I have had 7 head surgeries so be kind. If we assume only $ 10 per month on 8 MM installs by F2020, using a linear growth rate, F2018 has to bare a great deal of expansion itself. Using a simple growth pattern, we are destined to do over $ 1 B in total revenues this Fiscal year alone. Can we price the stock at the level of at least $ 1 B in revenues now please?

Getting back to the math, the following year will generate a 40% growth in Revenues and the last year or F2020 must be up by 30% and none of this includes all other forms of revenue including litigation etc.. Now why wouldn't this same analyst set a 12 month target of $ 18.00/shr to match that rate of growth?

Our numbers look way better then AMD for the same time frame. It is so difficult to sell these shares knowing that some analysts see this kind of growth. Clearly most analysts don't see anything like this as they refuse to up their 12 Month targets. So part of the BBRY revival is going to be part anticipation, part long term investment and a whole of surprise.

Oh, there's that darn DOW Jones wanting to make an all time high again ................... stealing our lime light. are you Trump?
    I had a limit order placed at $11.75 for a very small block of my shares and just canceled it after reading this post. Thanks for bringing me back down to earth.
    06-09-17 10:00 AM
    For reference: I believe Gus was estimating that based on a RADAR Market opportunity of 20 Mil trailers a year.

IMO it is a more optimistic target. But it could happen if we begin landing some major deals. Eg. With Walmart or UPS/FedEx

Those big deals imo would be key to spike the customer interest to the next level for RADAR
    06-09-17 10:02 AM
    There are tens of millions of trailers/containers out there....but ye, it does seem optimistic.

Until you consider that a new radar device is set to come out later this year with a more refined system. Also BlackBerry referred to 'large package' businesses for radar use. Perhaps a micro version of Radar is coming for much smaller units than trailers?
    06-09-17 10:07 AM
    I meant since Radar has been in beta/trial stage, 8M/20M in sales over the next three years seems a bit high, considering there are some major players they're competing against and the other guys will not sit still while Blackberry moves in on their turf.
    morganplus8, rarsen and La Emperor like this.
    06-09-17 10:07 AM
    Interesting forecast for autonomous vehicles

IHS Automotive, www.ihs.com, suggests global sales of autonomous vehicles will reach nearly 600,000 units in 2025 and 21 million units per year in 2035—a 43% CAGR (compound annual growth rate) between 2025 and 2035. IHS provides these estimates based on regulatory environments as well as investments and R&D (research and development) activities by automotive OEMs (original-equipment manufacturers) and supplier and technology companies.

Posted via CB10
    W Hoa, morganplus8 and La Emperor like this.
    06-09-17 10:09 AM
    I, too, long for those Japanese pics, Morgan...

And, btw, I'm not signing that petition! LOL!
    06-09-17 11:08 AM
    The only thing missing today is some of those wonderful Japanese girl pics that we used to get on Fridays from "The Kid"!
    I logged in because I heard mentioning of Kid's pictures - false alarm... LOL

My recent surgery is slowly turning into a keeper, big plans for the Fall if this one sticks. Take care.
    I am happy to hear. Fingers crossed and best wishes.
    06-09-17 11:35 AM
113,250 ... 40884089409040914092 ...