View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    As per usual Credit Suisse comes out saying Toyota moving away from QNX is a significant loss for BlackBerry.

http://thefly.com/landingPageNews.ph...&headline=BBRY

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 07:02 AM
    As per usual Credit Suisse comes out saying Toyota moving away from QNX is a significant loss for BlackBerry.

Breaking News - The Fly

Posted via CB10
    Hasn't this been announced and 'priced in' a few times already this year...??
    06-05-17 08:44 AM

Breaking News - The Fly

Posted via CB10
    Hey _dimi_,

Isn't this the same Toyota that sold their huge stock position in TLSA in Dec/2016 for under $ 200.00 a share?

Toyota are "testing" the Camry model only, not the entire fleet.

Toyota is used to recalls, they'll handle this one too just fine. "Lives do matter" unless you drive a Camry apparently.

They have the poorest rating of all infotainment systems with Entune.

In summary, they make bad decisions.

CS have never been supportive of BB and BB is in the quiet period, how's that for timing!

My charts point to $ 12.25/shr on this rally so let's get over it.
    06-05-17 08:52 AM
    No harm done to the charts so far:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-june-5-2017.jpg

Note that our uptrend line is never touched the following day. We not only make higher lows, they are higher than the prior, established trend line levels and we have already broken the weak downtrend line this morning. This all happened with CS crying wolf again during the quiet period. This stock looks ripe to go higher. The next logical stop would be at the Bollinger Bands high of $ 12.25/shr when the RSI screams over bought again. The chart looks great and it is even better on the 3-minute level with a move projected anytime after lunch today. There are never any guarantees but you don't bet against the tape and it is looking to go higher on a day of "perceived" bad news.
    06-05-17 09:58 AM
    06-05-17 01:58 PM
    Forgive me if this has already been posted:

http://download.intel.com/newsroom/k...NX_release.pdf
    06-05-17 02:01 PM
    General file on Security information -- Special Feature on Cybersecurity in an IoT and Mobile World

Cybersecurity in an IoT and Mobile World | ZDNet
    “A fast growing form of ransomware has been linked to a much wider cybercrime operation which deals in stolen bank details and hacked accounts from online stores including PayPal, eBay and Amazon and more. Ransomware has become one of the biggest menaces on the web. ”
    06-05-17 03:10 PM
    Nocookies | The Australian
    BlackBerry expands security role

06-05-17 03:14 PM
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-pla...html?.tsrc=rss
    U.S. plans to update self-driving guidelines in coming months

06-05-17 03:46 PM
    06-05-17 03:59 PM
    Bravo to Marty!! Just something to shut them up during the quiet period
    06-05-17 04:19 PM
    Just to show everyone what happened today:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-june-5b-2017.png

We did what we always do after a run-up, we create a down-sloping channel and touch both sides of the space. At the end of the day, we pop to a level that sets us up for a breakout the next day and a new rally. This week is no different then the last few. Tomorrow we should open positive, drift back a bit to confirm the breakout and set ourselves up for another rally. We double bottomed today right after that well defined drop from 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM. As long as the general market holds up, we are set to go from here.
    06-05-17 05:52 PM
    Just to show everyone what happened today:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBRY June 5B 2017.png 
Views:	402 
Size:	151.9 KB 
ID:	424603

We did what we always do after a run-up, we create a down-sloping channel and touch both sides of the space. At the end of the day, we pop to a level that sets us up for a breakout the next day and a new rally. This week is no different then the last few. Tomorrow we should open positive, drift back a bit to confirm the breakout and set ourselves up for another rally. We double bottomed today right after that well defined drop from 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM. As long as the general market holds up, we are set to go from here.
    Glad to read you, as often. Happy, should I write. And still : grateful, Morgan!
    Do you mean WS has moved coffee break to lunch time ?
    [note : this is a private gang joke, if you're 'new' here and think I'm under psychotropic substances lol]
    morganplus8, take99, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    06-05-17 06:18 PM
    BBRY PR formalizing what The Australian's piece (see above) was about:
    BlackBerry AtHoc Signs New Customers and Partners in Australia and New Zealand as Demand for Crisis Communications Software Grows

Bank of New Zealand, Optus Business, Mobile Mentor and Briggs Communications Choose BlackBerry AtHoc to Help Companies Protect Their People and Their Business
    06-05-17 07:29 PM
    Sham-a-lama-ding-dong.
    Great piece.
    Greened and Superfly_FR like this.
    06-05-17 08:32 PM
    06-06-17 08:04 AM
    https://blog.bbm.com/2017/06/06/38939/
    Sale Stock Launches Conversation-Based Shopping on BBM

06-06-17 08:06 AM
    Thought I would update yesterday's chart :

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-june-6-2017.png

As expected, we sorted out the BS drop first thing in the morning and popped back to the top of our TA channel. Once again, the bears lose. While we were driven to the lower end of the declining channel, it amounted to nothing more than a chance to buy BBRY. We have since traded as expected and rallied hard to $ 11.29/shr, pulled back to confirm the new change in direction and now we are passing through the noon time window of low volume. We are now bullish for the day, ready to go up and as long a Comey doesn't say anything too damaging to the Senate, we should continue to posture for another rally here. Our short term lines suggest we can move higher shortly.
    06-06-17 11:49 AM
    06-06-17 12:18 PM
    QNX
    Exhibiting and Speaking at:
    17th Annual Conference and Exhibition / TU-Automotive Detroit 2017
    Over the next two days: June 7th-8th
    http://pages.tu-auto.com/tu-detroit-brochure
    06-06-17 01:49 PM
    Yes I know that Seeking Alfa has varied degrees of success (translated to wide range of hit and miss, with often very serious fails from self-declared experts) with their interpretations on BlackBerry. But occasionally some of their staff surprise us using independent thinking and accepted logic, pleased to see some occasional good ones among the many rotten apples with slowly increasing degree of positivism for our favorite brand.

BlackBerry Is Firing On All Cylinders
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/407...ring-cylinders
    morganplus8, Corbu, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    06-06-17 05:55 PM
    Atomic Energy upgrades its QNX software for final time

http://www.itbusiness.ca/news/atomic...inal-time/9907

"SAN FRANCISCO – For Atomic Energy of Canada Ltd., which operates nuclear power plants in Canada, China and Slovenia, downtime just isn’t an option. About 15 to 20 years ago, the Mississauga, Ont.-based company turned to QNX Software’s real-time operating system to keep its plants running. Since then, it has upgraded to version 4.0 and is now rolling out 6.0 – and that’s it.

“We chose QNX initially because of its micro-kernel architecture, its performance and its real-time capabilities,” said Ross Judd, manager of information and control systems development with Atomic Energy. It recently upgraded the hardware in its Slovenia plant, but didn’t have to upgrade the software except for one driver, he said. That application has been running for more than 10 years, and the company doesn’t anticipate upgrading the software for another 15 to 20 years.

Nuclear power plants have a lifecycle of about 30 years, he said, so these plants require technology that’s stable over long periods of time. “That’s what QNX has given us in contrast to some other operating systems like Windows, (where) you’re upgrading all the time, mostly for security reasons,” Judd said. “Besides its basic capabilities, (QNX) has features that protect it from failures that aren’t available in other operating systems.”

Atomic Energy is using QNX and its own in-house applications; it doesn’t use any other third-party products. And this provides the company with better control, said Judd, since it has to meet certain regulatory requirements and standards for its software.

“They provided redundant network support early on,” he said. “They have their own networking protocols that allow you to create distributed applications very easily. Combined with their message handling, they meet our regulatory requirements as well as our need for quality assurance.”

The QNX operating system is a micro-kernel operating system, which means it consists of a relatively small base of code. Only a few components that are critical to maintaining the operation of a function are in what’s called the protected kernel. All other elements are in modules that plug into the kernel. That means if one function fails, it won’t bring down the other functions; they’re protected from corrupting each other."

Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 10:15 PM
    QNX News (not quite sure this is official yet):
    TU-Detroit Connected Car Too: Winners, Qt Company, Valens, Ridecell, Embitel & TomTom | auto connected car news

The winners of the awards were announced this evening:

• Best Active Safety or ADAS Product/Service – QNX Platform for ADAS by BlackBerry QNX.
    06-07-17 09:07 AM
    Yes I know that Seeking Alfa has varied degrees of success (translated to wide range of hit and miss, with often very serious fails from self-declared experts) with their interpretations on BlackBerry. But occasionally some of their staff surprise us using independent thinking and accepted logic, pleased to see some occasional good ones among the many rotten apples with slowly increasing degree of positivism for our favorite brand.

BlackBerry Is Firing On All Cylinders
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/407...ring-cylinders
    Thanks for the qualifying statement regarding SA but your reputation supersedes this requirement as we all know you vet the articles before releasing them to this thread and we appreciate this. I feel for the one or two writers trying to launch their careers in a sea of useless articles on that site. You are right, this one is interesting, nice find. Thanks again.
    W Hoa, Corbu, Mr BBRY and 4 others like this.
    06-07-17 09:13 AM
    Big news:
    https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/bl...140503584.html
    Blackberry introduces auto software, will bundle with Qualcomm chips

W Hoa, kellyweng88, sidhuk and 6 others like this.
    06-07-17 09:14 AM
113,256 ... 40864087408840894090 ...