View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Sad that i cut my position in half about 8 months ago. Still made money off tesla with the funds. But makes me wonder where this one is going.
    alludba likes this.
    05-22-17 01:35 PM
    >s<
    >q<
    >u<
    >e<
    >e<
    >z<
    >e<

:P

14 million+ volume and counting...
    05-22-17 01:54 PM
    Feeling good today. Green in my BBRY account after a long time.
    05-22-17 01:56 PM
    Feeling good today. Green in my BBRY account after a long time.
    I'm getting there...
    05-22-17 01:56 PM
    Since no one else is posting see this about bbry news:
    https://twitter.com/search?q=bbry&re...Ctwgr%5Esearch
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-22-17 02:32 PM
    I remember hearing "never try to catch a falling knife" warning against buying a stock that is trending down.

What about catching a weather balloon? Wait for a profit taking dip?
    Superfly_FR and alludba like this.
    05-22-17 02:36 PM
    Just sold about 20% of my position at $11.32, which was in my tax deferred account. .
    Superfly_FR and alludba like this.
    05-22-17 03:26 PM
    "BlackBerry Ltd*(NASDAQ:*BBRY) is having a relatively strong start to the trading session this morning, and for good reason. The company announced that it has signed a deal with Ford Motor Company (NYSE:*F). This sparked excitement among investors, leading to gains in the stock and prompting our partners at*Trade Ideas*to alert us to the movement. At the moment (9:37), BBRY is trading at $10.52 per share after a gain of $0.14 per share (1.35%) thus far today."
    https://cnafinance.com/blackberry-bb...ompany-f/15404
    05-22-17 04:23 PM
    "BlackBerry Ltd*(NASDAQ:*BBRY) is having a relatively strong start to the trading session this morning, and for good reason. The company announced that it has signed a deal with Ford Motor Company (NYSE:*F). This sparked excitement among investors, leading to gains in the stock and prompting our partners at*Trade Ideas*to alert us to the movement. At the moment (9:37), BBRY is trading at $10.52 per share after a gain of $0.14 per share (1.35%) thus far today."
    https://cnafinance.com/blackberry-bb...ompany-f/15404
    I read this cnafinace site today. However, could not find any thing about a new bbry and F deal announced. I just figured that they were using old news.

I am wondering about the competition from the Linux for Auto consortium.

All in all, if it was not for AMD, I my portfolio would be all green!. Go figure as soon as BlackBerry starts giving me really strong returns, AMD took a nose dive and took all my bbry gains away!

Posted via CB10... for now...
    05-22-17 04:32 PM
    Also couldn't find an announcement today. I could be Ford related in that the head of their autonomous car division was named CEO of the company today, so Ford will be moving full steam ahead into the future. Also, believe that over the weekend Ford announced that they would be starting to employ OTA updates to their cars. Very likely that the OTA functionality is also derived from a BB product. Overall, a great day, a great string of news for BB... Knocking on wood!
    05-22-17 05:15 PM
    Interesting spread trade today. A Trader bought 7500 of the Jan 13 strike for 2018 and sold 7500 Jan 16 strike for 2018.
    They paid $.80 for the $13 strike and got $.34 for the $16 strike , so they paid a net $345,000 for the trade and wanted a slightly cheaper way to get some upside that is capped at $16. Essentially it is like buying the stock and selling a covered call.
    05-22-17 05:23 PM
    CNA Finance is full of baloney, as always. His blog post is linking to an old Ford/BlackBerry news story from 2016. I tried posting a comment, but his site doesn't publish them...
    Last edited by jbfair728; 05-22-17 at 10:17 PM.
    05-22-17 05:52 PM
    Just sold about 20% of my position at $11.32, which was in my tax deferred account. .
    I sold 40% today. You all can make fun of me if this thing hits 20, but I'll take the very respectable return.
    kadakn01 likes this.
    05-22-17 09:09 PM
    Quite the run up yesterday. Still unclear why we had the run, right? Maybe something just clicked in the investor community and BBRY is starting to get viewed as a huge tech company with a ton of patents and cash on hand. It still doesn't even have a $6 billion valuation. So much room to run, in my opinion.
    05-23-17 06:05 AM
    I sold 40% today. You all can make fun of me if this thing hits 20, but I'll take the very respectable return.
    Are buying back on the dips?
    05-23-17 06:23 AM
    05-23-17 06:33 AM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Quite the run up yesterday. Still unclear why we had the run, right? Maybe something just clicked in the investor community and BBRY is starting to get viewed as a huge tech company with a ton of patents and cash on hand. It still doesn't even have a $6 billion valuation. So much room to run, in my opinion.
    Most likely run up on the Ford deal/ news... could also be rumours of Avaya IP "settlement" deal?...imo....investors are starting to see the value of QNX for blackBerry....

Posted via CB10
    rarsen and Mr BBRY like this.
    05-23-17 06:35 AM
    Some interesting answers, here...

BTW, Francois Mahieu is Managing Director EMEA, BlackBerry Mobile

And, speaking of interviews, Alex Thurber recently gave an interesting one on another site.
    05-23-17 07:33 AM
    Most likely run up on the Ford deal/ news... could also be rumours of Avaya IP "settlement" deal?...imo....investors are starting to see the value of QNX for blackBerry....

Posted via CB10
    Good guesses. There may be some correlation to the Avaya settlement... I can't confirm the source but it seems the link below could be a reason behind yesterday price action if proceeds from the sale go towards BlackBerry's patent lawsuit. It may be far fetched, but it would provide some justification. I've been following this stock for a verrry long time, and my gut tells me the market won't just "get it" that quickly. I am anticipating a more gradual realization of Blackberry's true value after a few quarters of beating EPS and rev estimates, followed by raised forecasts etc.

https://cases.primeclerk.com/avaya/Home-Index

Networking Business Sale

On April 5, 2017, the Bankruptcy Court entered an order approving the bidding procedures for the sale of the Debtors' Networking Business.

For more information on this sale, please visit the following link:

Networking Business Sale

Please take note of the following important dates related to the sale:

• Qualified Bid Deadline: May 18, 2017 at 4:00 p.m., Eastern Time

• Sale Objection Deadline: May 18, 2017 at 4:00 p.m., Eastern Time

• Auction: May 23, 2017 at 10:00 a.m., Eastern Time

• Sale Hearing: May 25, 2017 at 10:00 a.m., Eastern Time
    05-23-17 08:18 AM
    Looking at the bbry ticker on the nasdeq, there is a major difference from a screening point of view than the TSX ticker. That's the P/E Ratio. On the Nasdeq, the P/E Ratio is only 2.04 based on EPS of $5.54! On the TSX, there is a a 0 P/E as EPS still reports as negative.

I have not worked out why the disparity, but the P/E on the Nasdeq is ridiculously low for a software company and should trigger a slew of bull flags for value investors on that alone. Match that with all the good new: the cash on hand, the growing software revenue, the pending Avaya payment and other patent settlements, and you have a seriously appealing stock for the value investor. If the P/E can hold up to scrutiny.

Posted via CB10... for now...
    05-23-17 09:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    This stock in a sense infuriates me. Though I rarely post, I follow this forum most days, and it seems people are grasping at essential non-events, or news from last year as justification for this latest bump.

While I feel we're only now getting to where we should have always been, I have an extremely hard time reconciling a stock which is viewed so pessimistically that the market only rewards it with 50c on the dollar for a cash influx equal to 25% of it's market cap, then at the same time a month later over giving a similar increase, for absolutely no discernible reason. People here, who follow the stock and the news more than 99% of people out there are literally grasping at straws "....uh maybe it was this thing from a year ago or rumours of that?!?" which are in reality non-events, similar magnitude ones which happen several times a week.

Now in a sense I'm really torn. I've been averaging down since 2012, have arguably too much of my money in this one stock (40% of assets), and am green for the first time in years. Further, every time I've been briefly green in the past it's been followed up by a rather large and sustained pull back, and on technicals the RSI is in the stratosphere. On the other hand, I do believe in this company and this rally seems to be more sustained, consistent high volume, and less "knee-jerky" as has been seen in the past on various buyout rumours where it would shoot up and retract 20%. Thinking of selling 20-50% of position just to be less exposed and lock in some gains. On the other hand, what if this is the start of the rally to $20 we've all been waiting for? Fear and greed....
    05-23-17 09:27 AM
    Morgan hope all is well!!!!

An update on yourself would be really appreciated.

Cheers mate!
    Hi bbjfog!

Thanks for the enquiry, it's not good news so far but we haven't given up yet. The three things, infection, swelling and bleeding are still a concern otherwise we would be very pleased with the results. I meet with the surgeons on Thursday for next steps.

Corbu - thanks for the Morgan video, that's my soft spot man!

As for BBRY - great rally, stunning TA on this one, looks to be going higher still as we are finding support at my $ 11.13/shr level and immediately moving above it. Just watch the bid/ask ratio to see how much buying there is to support this stock. We knew the stock would come under massive selling at the opening this morning as everyone had time last night to think about their exit point. We are eating through those shares in record time and will be higher this afternoon. Even if the stock parks here to refresh, it looks almost as nice as one that is about to be purchased/taken out. Very strong. Don't be fooled by the days to cover by the shorts, the short position in North America is huge, that includes option positions that were written to generate income on this "dead" investment, those lazy hedges are subject to missing out on a huge rally here. The days to cover when you have institutional buying could be several weeks of this kind of rally. On my charts, because we are at 26 month highs now, there are virtually no investors under water on this play. This means that there is virtually zero resistance up to around the high $ 15.00/shr/US mark. This is why the trade is so bullish, we have cleared all of the resistance levels now. Although we are grossly over bought, it can still remain in over bought levels by backing up like it is today.

I'm going to be selling some BBRY to buy SPHS in the hours and days ahead. My major block of BBRY might be call option covered if we go much higher from here as well. I'm really happy to generate income above that $ 12.00/shr mark and the call premiums are rich right now. Look for the stock to make a new high today. I can't do up a chart just yet, still trying to feel my way around the house! Best of luck gang!
    Corbu, andyk350, sidhuk and 16 others like this.
    05-23-17 09:41 AM
    Nice to see you around, Morgan. Be well!
    05-23-17 09:57 AM
    Thanks Morgan and all the best.

Cheers!
    05-23-17 10:03 AM
    How many BlackBerry CEO's does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Just one.

I am finally green after 3 years of being water-boarded.
    Congratulations to the long and Strongs here!
    05-23-17 10:31 AM
113,256 ... 40794080408140824083 ...