View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    At the end of the day, you are going to have to make the call regarding a sale of some or all of it. The news, post election, is relatively good. The stock has gone hyperbolic but it has been looking good since the Fall. You have owned it for awhile now and one of things I try to encourage investors to do is to look for something that hasn't moved to roll into. If you are uncertain, you need a backup plan, something that might have legs of its own over time. GL and let us know what you decide.
    ... How about ACB mate?

Also, rookie question if I may:

Is there some way that common share holders like myself can put a freeze on their holdings so that shorts can't borrow them; like a really high limit sell order perhaps?
    I really hate seeing manipulation on 'my' company. Lol.

Thanks again mango.
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 04-25-17 at 09:31 PM.
    Corbu likes this.
    04-25-17 09:18 PM
    ... How about ACB mate?

Is there some way that common share holders like myself can put a freeze on their holdings so that shorts can't borrow them; like a really high limit sell order perhaps?

Thanks again mango.
    Sure that is possible. Assuming your shares are currently held by a broker the shares are probably registered in their name. This allows them to lend the shares out to shorts who then sell the share to another investor. If you were to request the shares be registered in your name and have the share certificate delivered to yourself then you could stop shorts from using those shares. Enjoy storing the certificate and having to deal with the process to get it/have it registered to be tradeable again once you decide you want to sell. It'll become a manual process for you. Plus unless you have a significant number of shares under your ownership going through this process will not have a meaningful impact on the number of shortable shares and thus won't have your intended effect. As you can probably gather, it isn't worth your time or effort.
    04-26-17 02:08 AM
    It seems that JC is a board member of Silver Lake Partners, one of the owners who acquired Avaya back in 2007. Is that strange or what?!

Posted via CB10
    04-26-17 04:08 AM
    Law360, New York (April 25, 2017, 5:00 PM EDT) -- A New York bankruptcy judge cracked open telecom giant Avaya Inc.’s Chapter 11 litigation shield Tuesday, allowing a pair of defense motions to move forward in BlackBerry Corp.'s patent infringement suit against the company.

U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Stuart Bernstein lifted the Chapter 11 stay only in regard to the two defense motions that were outstanding in the case when Avaya entered bankruptcy last year, but left open the possibility of allowing the case to proceed further after the next status conference, scheduled for May.

The two motions ask for a partial dismissal of Blackberry’s case and a change of venue to the Northern District of California.

Avaya, which is based in Santa Clara, California, filed for Chapter 11 protection in January, six months after it was sued by BlackBerry over allegations Avaya is using BlackBerry's proprietary technology in multiple commercial products and services, including unified communications products and software, networking products like switches and routers, communication servers and client software, telepresence systems, softphones and deskphones, and mobile software.

BlackBerry is asserting patents for a variety of technological methods that were issued to the company between 2008 and February 2015, with filing applications that go back as far as 1998, according to the suit.

In its motion to lift the stay over its lawsuit in Texas federal court, BlackBerry argued that Avaya is continuing to sell the allegedly infringing products, and as a result, an immediate order to allow the case to proceed is needed. It argued that multiple bankruptcy courts have allowed intellectual property suits against bankrupt companies to go forward and that lifting the stay would simplify the bankruptcy proceedings by removing any patent issues from consideration.

At Tuesday's hearing, BlackBerry counsel Eric Winston said lifting the stay would not pose a particular hardship for Avaya. He argued the next phase of the case after the outstanding motions are resolved is claim construction, and that process could easily stretch long past the end of the restructuring.

Avaya counsel Joseph Serino Jr. argued that lifting the stay would cause serious hardship for the company, diverting money and attention while it is trying to finalize its restructuring plan.

“This is the worst possible time to be pulling us into multiple courts to defend this claim,” he said.

He argued the the claims of continuing infringement were unproven allegations and said there was no evidence the case was time-sensitive for BlackBerry.

“They had six months to pursue the issue without a stay and they did not do it,” he said.

Judge Bernstein expressed concern about BlackBerry’s continuing infringement allegations while questioning Serino.

“My concern is it allows the debtor to continue to infringe or use someone else’s property,” the judge said.

He said he would revisit the issue of the stay after finding out how much further the case has progressed by the next scheduled status conference on May 25.

The patents-in-suit are U.S. Patent Numbers 9,143,801; 8,964,849; 8,116,739; 8,886,212; 8,688,439; 7,440,561; 8,554,218; and 7,372,961.

BlackBerry Ltd. and BlackBerry Corp. are represented by Kevin P.B. Johnson, Victoria Maroulis, Eric Winston and Kate Scherling of Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan LLP.

Avaya is represented by Joseph Serino Jr., James H.M. Sprayregen, Jonathan S. Henes, Patrick J. Nash Jr., Ryan Preston Dahl and Bradley Thomas Giordano of Kirkland & Ellis LLP.

The bankruptcy case is In re: Avaya Inc. et al., case number 17-10089, in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.

The patent case is BlackBerry Ltd. et al. v. Avaya Inc., case number 3:16-cv-02185, in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas.
    04-26-17 04:24 AM
    It seems that JC is a board member of Silver Lake Partners, one of the owners who acquired Avaya back in 2007. Is that strange or what?!
    JC joined Silver Lake as a Senior Advisor in November 2012. I seem to recall that he is no longer such a Senior Advisor as of December 2016.
    04-26-17 06:57 AM
    FTR, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan LLP is the firm that was involved in the Ryan Seacrest Typo Keyboard case.

Not the same firm that handled the Qualcomm arbitration case: Sullivan & Cromwell LLP ( Garrard Beeney ).
    04-26-17 07:14 AM
    ... How about ACB mate?

Thanks again mango.
    Bacon, ACB is the green gold standard for cannabis stocks, their revenues are small, but they have a ton of cash and they are expanding in a big way. At some point, well within their existing manufacturing base, they will turn a profit. The stock has done well but you have to know that they are trading at a huge premium right now. You can't come close to the stock price on valuation alone as revenues aren't there, cash isn't high enough (sorry about that) and that's why I think you need to be cautious at this time. There are several plays out there and this one is the best in their sector. If you get a chance, trade it. I like the company, they get plenty of press (good) and it just boils down to the valuation.

As for your stock holdings, the first thing you do is look at your statement to see if they are even using your stock to assign to short positions. You will see "1,000 shares owned" followed by some number of them as "segregated". They might have 789 shares segregated meaning that your shares are loaned out for a legal short position. The problem is, you aren't going to be a dynamic influence in all of this so it won't help the cause to pull your stock out of the brokerage firm. The other thing is that all stock is held in account by default, as "available to segregate" and in many cases, you can request from your broker that they take this option away. It isn't going to do anything more than make you feel better. In the end, shorts take advantage of the 3-day rule to maintain illegal short positions or naked shorts. I can short the stock and before I have to report it, take the short off and short it again to eternity.

If we look at BlackBerry, there is the potential there to see a capitulation of the stock to the upside as more legit investors step in and dry up the open float, Nature has a why of clipping these clowns at some point and BBRY is close to having that confrontation now. You can talk down sales, products, competition etc., in the space for a company and short the stock but you can't talk down cash.
    04-26-17 10:08 AM
    Things are so quiet around here I thought I would post a chart of BBRY for the past two days:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ice_screenshot_20170426-143408.jpg

We are inside a two day down sloping channel at the moment with an uptrend line supporting us all day. This trending pattern will resolve itself by 3:15 PM today. Which way will it go? The bids have been there all day to create this pattern so let's see if the bulls or the bears win over the next hour or so. GL
    Corbu, FeitaInc, W Hoa and 8 others like this.
    04-26-17 01:40 PM
    Good volume, less selling means SP will be rising

Posted via CB10
    Greened likes this.
    04-26-17 04:05 PM
    Small Business Week with Marc Saltzman - KillerApps.TV

BlackBerry KEYone

BlackBerry is back with the BlackBerry KEYone, an award-winning smartphone that fuses the functionality and security you’d expect from a BlackBerry with the familiarity and versatility of Android 7.1 Nougat. This BlackBerry KEYone is made for the modern smartphone user, offering a reimagined Smart Keyboard with built-in fingerprint sensor, up to 26 hours of mixed use battery life, and unique convenience and privacy features in what is being bill as the world’s most secure Android smartphone. It also has 4.5-inch touch display to tap and swipe through more than a million apps at the Google Play store.

Priced at $549.00 USD.
    Available for purchase in May.

For more information, visit BlackBerry® KEYone Overview - United States.
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/BlackBerryMobile
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/BBMobile
    04-26-17 07:18 PM
    04-26-17 07:19 PM
    04-27-17 08:38 AM
    It's vewy, vewy quiet today....

But SP is inching up...
    04-27-17 01:37 PM
    04-27-17 01:59 PM
    That guy needs to find a new occupation, he shouldn't have looked at the Canadian chart to begin with. Our currency has moved from par to $ 1.36/CDN versus the US. How can you chart something with a variable like that?

Here is my latest 3-minute chart on BBRY showing what happened at the close yesterday and why we are up today:The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ice_screenshot_20170427-151641.jpg

In the final 45 minutes yesterday, we broke down slightly, the problem was, there was zero volume on the breakdown so it was deemed a false breakdown. We then closed hard into the last minute as the bulls sensed that today would bring us a much better TA. Sure enough, this morning we gapped up nicely, dropped back to the downtrend line and formed a double-bottom on it and off we went. The next challenge was to take out $ 9.24/shr which wasn't a problem because there is no stock for sale now. We have been climbing toward new 52 week highs because there is little stock for sale. The coverage of bids/asks is heavily in the favour of the bulls but they are taking their time to take out all offerings at each penny level. You can see that the rally is controlled and super positive.

So by looking at the correct chart, free of currency issues, you can see how we are going to take out the $ 9.44/shr US Dec/2016 high and go for the 2-year high. The stock is crazy bullish right now and to be short is just plain stupid. Every minute that goes by, shorts risk hearing from John Chen again, that's stupid investing.

Let's work toward $ 9.33/shr today while cleaning out all of the stock along the way.
    04-27-17 02:28 PM
    https://www.ottawacommunitynews.com/...s-this-summer/
    Autonomous car could hit Kanata streets this summer

04-27-17 02:49 PM
    Things are so quiet around here I thought I would post a chart of BBRY for the past two days:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ice_screenshot_20170426-143408.jpg 
Views:	395 
Size:	158.4 KB 
ID:	421863

We are inside a two day down sloping channel at the moment with an uptrend line supporting us all day. This trending pattern will resolve itself by 3:15 PM today. Which way will it go? The bids have been there all day to create this pattern so let's see if the bulls or the bears win over the next hour or so. GL
    It looks that té market choose the right direction

Posted via CB10
    04-27-17 02:52 PM
    MOBL earnings just released:

http://www.conferencecalltranscripts...ry/?id=3729391

Posted via CB10
    04-27-17 03:18 PM
    That guy needs to find a new occupation, he shouldn't have looked at the Canadian chart to begin with. Our currency has moved from par to $ 1.36/CDN versus the US. How can you chart something with a variable like that?

Here is my latest 3-minute chart on BBRY showing what happened at the close yesterday and why we are up today:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ice_screenshot_20170427-151641.jpg 
Views:	551 
Size:	163.0 KB 
ID:	421951

In the final 45 minutes yesterday, we broke down slightly, the problem was, there was zero volume on the breakdown so it was deemed a false breakdown. We then closed hard into the last minute as the bulls sensed that today would bring us a much better TA. Sure enough, this morning we gapped up nicely, dropped back to the downtrend line and formed a double-bottom on it and off we went. The next challenge was to take out $ 9.24/shr which wasn't a problem because there is no stock for sale now. We have been climbing toward new 52 week highs because there is little stock for sale. The coverage of bids/asks is heavily in the favour of the bulls but they are taking their time to take out all offerings at each penny level. You can see that the rally is controlled and super positive.

So by looking at the correct chart, free of currency issues, you can see how we are going to take out the $ 9.44/shr US Dec/2016 high and go for the 2-year high. The stock is crazy bullish right now and to be short is just plain stupid. Every minute that goes by, shorts risk hearing from John Chen again, that's stupid investing.

Let's work toward $ 9.33/shr today while cleaning out all of the stock along the way.
    Bravo, Morgan! You absolutely nailed it! Well to be fair, you missed it by one penny, but we'll forgive you. Can we get the encore tomorrow?

Thank you for keeping us updated with your outstanding TA! It is such a pleasure to see this stock performing so well, but your reassuring comments to validate it are priceless! I can speak for all of us when I say, THANK YOU!
    04-27-17 03:24 PM
    Bravo, Morgan! You absolutely nailed it! Well to be fair, you missed it by one penny, but we'll forgive you. Can we get the encore tomorrow?

Thank you for keeping us updated with your outstanding TA! It is such a pleasure to see this stock performing so well, but your reassuring comments to validate it are priceless! I can speak for all of us when I say, THANK YOU!
    Check AH, fully 322 shares went through at $ 9.33/shr !!! Ha!

I'll try to do better next time.

I just want everyone to know that the stock is performing extremely well right now. There is no reason to panic and think we are heading back to the old trading patterns of the past. Tomorrow we'll hit new highs pending how the general market does of course! Good luck.
    04-27-17 04:26 PM
    Hi Morgan, IIRC you planned on moving the trading funds into SPHS once it hits $9.50, has that price target changed at all? Thank you
    04-27-17 06:31 PM
    04-27-17 08:32 PM
    Morgan Stanley

April 28, 2017 01:34 AM GMT

James E Faucette

MobileIron

MobileIron Starts Courting Partners

Stock Rating Industry View Price Target
    Equal-weight Cautious $4.50

As MOBL expands its product portfolio beyond EMM, it is expanding its partner base to get distribution leverage. We think this is the correct strategy as the compete against an increasingly consolidated landscape, and could turn incrementally more positive as we see traction.

Intrigued by new partnerships, would like to see some evidence of traction before turning more positive. Part of what has kept us EW on MOBL is that it is difficult for them as a standalone company to compete with an increasingly consolidated landscape (e.g. VMW/Airwatch, Citrix/Zenprise, BlackBerry/Good). They would need to deploy such a large salesforce to compete, it would make it difficult to show operating margin leverage growth. However, MobileIron recently announced a distribution relationship with Lenovo, whereby Lenovo customers will be able to purchase MobileIron's security portfolio for laptops, tablets and mobile phones at time of purchase. Lenovo's 20K US channel partners have recently been trained on the product portfolio and have incentive to push, particularly given competitor Dell has the VMW/Airwatch portfolio of products. MobileIron also mentioned that they expect to add another major PC vendor distributor relationship soon. If MobileIron were able to capitalize on new partnerships, something we would expect to see in the next quarter or two, we could turn more positive on the name.

IoT remains a call option. As mentioned at the Analyst Day, MobileIron is expanding their device security platform to IoT, as the amount and security needs of connected devices grows. The have invested in a team and have customer discussions underway, with no revenue expected until 2018. We think this is an interesting product, but would wait until later in 17 until becoming more positive (as we see how customer discussions develop). We would note that CEO Barry Mainz's experience as prior President of Wind River should be an asset as they approach this market.

Estimates largely unchanged. While there are many incremental revenue opportunities on the horizon, 2017 will be a key execution year for MobileIron (particularly balancing the growth of subscription business against the slow decline of the perpetual license business). MobileIron reported in-line top line results of $42.3mm in Q1 and slightly better than expectation EPS ( ($0.06) vs. ($0.09) ). Our forward estimates largely stay the same, with slightly higher Q2 operating expenses for their upcoming user conference. Our new Q2 / 17 rev /EPS estimates are now $43.6mm / ($0.09) and $183.3mm / ($0.20) vs. $43.1mm / ($0.08) / $181.9mm / ($0.23) previously.

Remain EW, $4.50 PT. Our valuation (1.6x EV/18e Rev) is in-line with software peers on a revenue growth basis who have had past Q/Q volatility issues. We think there is meaningful optionality and potential to trade more in-line with growth adjusted peers if partnerships and new products were successful, but given these products were all announced in the last couple of months, we would like to get a sense of execution before stepping into the name.
    rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    04-27-17 08:59 PM
    Thanks Corbu. It is funny our friend at MS didn't even bother to do update on bbry, same to GS. Did you guys notice that JC was mad at GS analyst at the end of last ER conference call?

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, rarsen and Mr BBRY like this.
    04-27-17 09:39 PM
    Thanks Corbu. It is funny our friend at MS didn't even bother to do update on bbry, same to GS. Did you guys notice that JC was mad at GS analyst at the end of last ER conference call?
    Hi Andy_bb_king. You are right and your post just led me to go back and double-check to see if I had missed anything. Turns out I did. Apologies. Here is what our enlightened friend came up with...

Morgan Stanley

April 12, 2017 06:27 PM GMT

James E Faucette

Comms.

Reading Through BBRY-QCOM Arbitration

Arbitration decision could be read negatively on QCOM’s arguments in the Apple lawsuit, while BBRY extends its optionality as it pursues growth opportunities organically and inorganically.

BlackBerry arbitration could be viewed as a negative read through to the Qualcomm-Apple lawsuit. This morning Blackberry announced a favorable arbitration decision against Qualcomm, resolving a contract dispute over whether royalty caps apply to prepayments for certain sales from 2010 to 2015. Per its press release, Qualcomm notes that the arbitration has no impact on agreements with other licensees. However, investors may be inclined to view vulnerabilities found in the BBRY/QCOM agreement as an indicator of weaknesses in the web of other licensing agreements Qualcomm negotiated. Thus, investors potentially could be concerned about the strength of Qualcomm’s counter claim against Apple. Further, investors may assess a higher likelihood that Apple could prevail with respect to the disputed $1bn in licensing rebates.

$815mm award extends optionality for BlackBerry. The arbitration award represents $1.33 in cash per share, implying ~$4.00 in total net cash per share (assuming full conversion of convertible debt) based on the last reporting period. BlackBerry continues to preserve its balance sheet as it mitigates declines in SAF revenue and the wind down of the legacy device business. We continue to believe the company will need to make acquisitions to achieve double digit software growth rates in the long term, and the arbitration award could help fund those efforts as well as plans to reinvest in other growth opportunities.

QCOM.O
    Our $60 price target is 12x FY18 EPS, which is slightly below our coverage universe on a growth adjusted basis, contemplating earnings power of $6.00 - $6.50, but the current lawsuit with Apple likely undermines conviction in the long-term potential.

Key risks to achieving our price target are loss of Apple as a customer, lengthening handset replacement cycles, legal challenges to Qualcomm's royalty structure and substantial share loss in chipset market.

BBRY.O
    Our $7 price target is 3.4x our FY19 base case software revenue as the company continues to make software acquisitions while preserving its net cash balance. Multiple is in-line with software peers on a growth basis.

Key risks to our price target include insufficient operating expense cuts draining the cash balance, a major acquisition that burns cash without adding value, and a multiple re-rating if the company can only resell acquired company software.
    rarsen, Greened, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    04-27-17 09:52 PM
113,256 ... 40684069407040714072 ...