View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Thanks CJ for your thoughts! I am trying to think through from all actors' perspectives in the market, what long term investors are thinking, what professional traders are thinking, what existing short sellers are thinking, what potentially new short sellers are thinking, what existing and new retail players are thinking etc. Personally, I have some big hope.

Posted via CB10
    Here's my daily chart for the past two years. You can see the air zone ahead.The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-5.png
    04-23-17 09:43 PM
    BBM News now available globally on Discover tab

https://androidcommunity.com/bbm-new...-tab-20170421/

Aside from texting, calling, taking pictures/video, playing games, and going on social networks, one of the most popular things that mobile users do on their smartphones is to read the news. Whether it’s links from Facebook or Twitter or a news magazine type of app, we keep up to date with what’s happening with the rest of the world through our gadgets. If you’re using BBM as one of your messaging apps, you can now read news through it as well in the Discover tab.

You will be able to get your own dose of BBM News as they launched the free service globally. You will get a combination of international and local news. But more importantly, it can personalize your news feed with the things that actually interest you. And just like other news apps, the more you use it, the more it will understand what are the important things for you. It also has different sections like Business, Technology, Sports, etc, in case you’d like to know something other than your interests.

While the news service is developed in-house, they also worked with discovery platform Outbrain to be able to power this new feature. Bridging the content and messaging aspects of users’ lives is not that common among the popular messaging apps (at least not yet) so this is an advantage that Blackberry can leverage over its competitors. For now.

BBM News will be available globally through the Discover section of the messaging app. It is rolling out to users already but if you don’t see it yet, just wait a little longer and get your news from your other sources.

SOURCE: BBM
    04-23-17 10:22 PM
    Here's my daily chart for the past two years. You can see the air zone ahead.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.PNG 
Views:	614 
Size:	119.0 KB 
ID:	421749
    Hi CJ, now I see what your air zone means. I am curious how much credit you would give to the huge descending wedge before this huge breakout. From technical point of view itself, isn't it very bullish? Why did you sell out your position?
    04-23-17 10:27 PM
    04-24-17 12:36 PM
    04-24-17 12:43 PM
  6. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    another solid day and also 12 month high on the TSE! ... Holding a large position, and liking where CEO Chen has the company moving ...
    04-24-17 03:36 PM
    Thumbs up guys. Things are really starting to move in the right direction
    04-24-17 04:01 PM
    Some of you will want to place in your files, FAIRFAX Chairman letter to Shareholders, 2017 March 10 (Annual):

Fairfax - Financials - Chairman’s Letters to Shareholders
    "John Chen recently completed three years since he took over as CEO of BlackBerry in November 2013. Since that
    time, John has brought the company to breakeven on a cash flow and earnings basis. His confidence is reflected in
    the fact that he retired $645 million of the $1.25 billion of outstanding 6% convertible debentures and replaced the
    rest with 33⁄4% convertible debentures, non-callable for four years. We rolled our $500 million of 6% debentures after
    collecting a 4% early redemption fee. During the year, John got out of the manufacturing of smart phone devices and
    replaced it with licensing arrangements beginning in Indonesia, then China (TCL Communications) and then India
    (Optimus Infrastructure). These arrangements result in BlackBerry receiving a royalty payment for each phone sold
    for its BlackBerry software and name. BlackBerry continues to be the gold standard for security for mobile devices.
    John continues to work on leveraging this capability while expanding BlackBerry’s enterprise business, the Internet
    of Things (BlackBerry Radar) and QNX. Recently 451 Research came out with a report on BlackBerry – ‘‘BlackBerry is
    Back’’. Worth reading. We continue to bet on John!"

Invest Like Canada’s Warren Buffett With These 5 Stocks
    https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/in...161920753.html
    "Investors are starting to get excited about BlackBerry Ltd. (TSX:BB)(NASDAQ:BBRY) again. That?s good news for Fairfax, which is one of BlackBerry?s largest shareholders. The company owns nearly 50 million BlackBerry shares. BlackBerry shares currently trade at $12.12 each after surging more than 25% in the last month. Fairfax thinks there?s still substantial upside from here."
    Last edited by rarsen; 04-26-17 at 09:39 AM.
    04-24-17 04:40 PM
    John Chen‏ @JohnChen

The @Jaguar XJ will join me next week at Milken LA to demo how @BlackBerry Software helps power over 60 million cars on the road today

4:05 AM - 25 Apr 2017
    http://www.milkeninstitute.org/event...nference/2017/
    04-25-17 07:37 AM
    04-25-17 07:43 AM
    04-25-17 12:51 PM
    Very short lived and invalidated rumour. Based on the sp, it would seem that pretty much nobody believes it.
    04-25-17 01:18 PM
    Very short lived and invalidated rumour. Based on the sp, it would seem that pretty much nobody believes it.
    We had like 2-3 runs on the rumors just months ago withLenovo and Samsung. I guess those short sellers are tired now however, it can be a nightmare if it turns out to be true when they are not prepared
    Greened and OlympusMons like this.
    04-25-17 01:41 PM
    We had like 2-3 runs on the rumors just months ago withLenovo and Samsung. I guess those short sellers are tired now however, it can be a nightmare if it turns out to be true when they are not prepared
    Yeah. Makes one wonder if some group is trying to destabilize things...

... again.

But that said, I am one of those kooks who believe that 'they' don't want bb10 to be allowed into the hands of common folk, let alone BlackBerry to be allowed to secure stuff outside the realms of Government and military.

(tinfoil hat back on).
    04-25-17 01:55 PM
    Hi M8

It's nearly what you said a week ago with the "golden Cross"

We've got some geniuses here

As always, but surely not enough: thanks a lot guys

OT : If you, or CJ, or someone else can give me a graphic opinion on ILD (Paris)... I have a median price of 120€, everything looks good on activity, but charts are climbing that high that I'm not sure if I've got to keep all my line.
    04-25-17 02:41 PM
    Likely fake news posted to trick some investors into selling. If they get some people to think the recent spikes were due to "takeover speculation" people may be inclined to sell thinking the stock will drop when the rumor is denied. Happened several times in the past.

Posted via CB10
    Greened likes this.
    04-25-17 02:47 PM
    Hi M8

It's nearly what you said a week ago with the "golden Cross"

We've got some geniuses here

As always, but surely not enough: thanks a lot guys

OT : If you, or CJ, or someone else can give me a graphic opinion on ILD (Paris)... I have a median price of 120€, everything looks good on activity, but charts are climbing that high that I'm not sure if I've got to keep all my line.
    At the end of the day, you are going to have to make the call regarding a sale of some or all of it. The news, post election, is relatively good. The stock has gone hyperbolic but it has been looking good since the Fall. You have owned it for awhile now and one of things I try to encourage investors to do is to look for something that hasn't moved to roll into. If you are uncertain, you need a backup plan, something that might have legs of its own over time. GL and let us know what you decide.
    04-25-17 03:06 PM
    Short interest update
    Was 53.2M as of 3/31 so no drop on earnings, as was 53.7 2 weeks earlier
    Now as of 4/13 it is 61.7 so went up 8M shares

*Most shorts settle Trade +3 days so this may NOT include the QCOM news as the trade date would be as of 4/10 or 2 days before that event. In some circumstances a trade settlement can be lengthened to 10 days to as little as 1 day.
    It looks like they shorted more after earnings and they probably covered after QCOM news, but we will know in a 2 weeks
    Last edited by kadakn01; 04-25-17 at 04:02 PM.
    04-25-17 03:09 PM
    Ok thanks Morgan

I'll sell between 30 to 50% tomorrow. Analists are giving objectives between 260 to 320€; but I've got a lot (well, for me^^) of money now on that stock, and I'm a little affraid when I look RSI.

With ILD and BBRY, what a good period

Take care Morgan
    morganplus8 likes this.
    04-25-17 03:16 PM
    Short interest update (includes QCOM news)
    Was 53.2M as of 3/31 so no drop on earnings, as was 53.7 2 weeks earlier
    Now as of 4/13 it is 61.7 so went up 8M shares
    They've got 8 million more shares deep in the red now, how much longer do they want to keep trying to hold the stock back? Thanks for the update, great news.
    04-25-17 03:31 PM
    And another 24M short positions on TSX (as of 2017.04.13):
    Short Positions | Market Data | Markets | Financial Post
    04-25-17 04:10 PM
    04-25-17 04:13 PM
    https://www.law360.com/bankruptcy/ar...lackberry-suit
    Judge Cracks Avaya's Ch. 11 Shield For BlackBerry Suit

04-25-17 04:23 PM
    My subscription expired... :-)

Posted via CB10
    04-25-17 04:48 PM
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2017/04/...te-conference/
    BlackBerry Executives and BlackBerry Software-Powered Jaguar XJ Coming to the 2017 Milken Institute Conference

rarsen likes this.
    04-25-17 06:41 PM
113,250 ... 40674068406940704071 ...