View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Didn't even break $8.00... Does it continue to go up, or start the usual decay back to the 6s...?
    03-31-17 05:31 PM
    JC on Bloomberg:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/video...s-profit-video

Free From Phones, BlackBerry Posts Profit
    After three years of acquisitions, layoffs and trying to convince customers it could do more than build smartphones, the Canadian company’s software revenue and profit margins are growing in the way Chief Executive Officer John Chen wants them to. The stock too: It rose the most in 15 months. Bloomberg Intelligence's John Butler speaks on "Bloomberg Markets Canada." (Source: Bloomberg)

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/video...progress-video

BlackBerry’s Chen Says Company’s Made Progress
    BlackBerry CEO John Chen discusses the company’s increase in software sales, profitability, the partnership with Ford to work on connected cars and the H-1B visa program. He speaks with Gerrit De Vynck on “Bloomberg Technology.” (Source: Bloomberg)

Thanks, N!
    03-31-17 06:32 PM
    So are the jackass analysts gonna upgrade BBRY or come up with another excuse why the company stinks?
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-31-17 07:01 PM
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/what-...mmon-john-chen

What Do BlackBerry And Tom & Jerry Have In Common?

Published on March 31, 2017

John Chen
    Executive Chairman and CEO at BlackBerry

Over the past three years BlackBerry has gone through a transformation. We have become a software company, licensed hardware operations and defined a new market category called the Enterprise of Things (EoT).

EoT is a relatively new term to most people, so I will provide some context. In most industries the enterprise market is bigger than the consumer market; the Internet of Things (IoT) is no exception. IDC valued spend on IoT in 2016 at $737 billion, with most of that spend occurring in enterprise. This is why when it comes to ‘Things’, BlackBerry is focused on enterprise. We call this the EoT market and it is a market that we are uniquely qualified to address and are leaders in today.

For EoT to be successful security is a must have component. It is the baseline, without which EoT will falter. No ifs, no buts. It is a market that requires security as an unequivocal standard. The stakes are high. Last year cybercrime cost the global economy $450 billion and over 2 billion personal records were stolen. Gartner expects that 25% of enterprise security attacks will be because of connected Things by 2020, affecting the company that is compromised and any individuals whose data is involved.

Having said that, the question that is most often asked about connected Things is, whether a securely connected world is really possible? A securely connected EoT is possible and BlackBerry is already demonstrating how.

At BlackBerry, security has been our number one priority from day one. With that comes over 30 years of security heritage, security built into our chipsets, a large and growing portfolio of security IP, recognition by industry experts as being the leaders in security, the trust of all of the G7 and 15 of the G20 governments who use BlackBerry software and that is to name just a few proof points of how we make security our DNA.

There is more. Whilst there is much conversation on the topic of cybersecurity there is no agreed framework of what ‘good’ looks like. At BlackBerry, we are defining what the cybersecurity standard is. Without this construct, market adoption of connected Things will be unlikely to grow as forecast, as businesses and individuals will be increasingly guarded about their privacy and data security.

There are of course other unknowns associated with the proliferation of connected Things; security is not the only question. Another unknown is what connected Things will mean for net neutrality. This topic is already a hot one, with companies and governments eager to capitalize on the Internet platform that exists even today. What happens as EoT becomes more widespread, making data more valuable? We will most likely see a rise in data being exchanged for commercial gain, creating a struggle of network neutrality. There is also the question of who owns the data; is it the individual, an enterprise or the government?

We are invested in bringing EoT to everyone. Our solutions are now platform agnostic, so they are not limited to the BlackBerry OS, and we have expanded our proposition so that BlackBerry is not just the smart in smartphones, it is "the smart in everyThing". That includes cars, wearables, medical devices, asset trackers and more. Additive to that our model is scalable, so BlackBerry’s ability to secure, connect and mobilize can be expanded to all endpoints.

Our mission for EoT is to connect all endpoints within the enterprise, enabling frictionless and secure workflows, as enterprises increasingly look for cross-functional integration at the data level. The BlackBerry Secure platform addresses the connectivity, mobility and security needs of enterprises across markets, including financial, government, legal, medical and auto. Did you know, for example, that BlackBerry software is in over 60 million connected cars today and we are testing solutions that secure and connect self-driving cars on the road today?

We are committed to making BlackBerry grade security available to everyone, to protect your data and your privacy, without platform or endpoint bias. In the future, you will see EoT blur with IoT, as frictionless workflows converge with consumer lives, and BlackBerry is ready for that. It will be work/life balance at its best, with BlackBerry security as the standard.

So to answer the question, ‘Is a securely connected world really possible?’. Yes it is and, not only is it possible, it is a category that BlackBerry is bringing definition to and providing leadership in. We recognize that security is a cat and mouse game, requiring constant investment and innovation and that is what we do, day in, day out.

Remember that Tom & Jerry teach us that it is the chase that keeps life interesting.

John Chen

Executive Chairman & CEO, BlackBerry
    Thanks, S!
    03-31-17 08:03 PM
    Well that was another good earnings release. BBRY keeps making money, quarter after quarter.

I'm excited about the suite of android apps that they are releasing these days. I think there is a chance that enterprise is going to discover them and eventually push folks to use them. I certainly am enjoying them. And I'm looking forward to the KeyOne. It will be my first BBRY bought at or around initial release in a long time. I think I am really going to enjoy it.
    03-31-17 10:05 PM
    OT:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...out-of-control
    Wall Street’s New Favorite Way to Swap Secrets Is Against the Rules
    Last edited by Corbu; 04-01-17 at 11:30 AM.
    04-01-17 11:05 AM
    BlackBerry KEYone Delayed Due To ‘Tremendous’ Demand; New US Release Date Announced

On Friday, the CEO of TCL, which now manufactures phones for BlackBerry, has revealed on social media that they are delaying the KEYone smartphone. “Response to our global unveiling of KEYone has been overwhelmingly positive, and we’re very humbled by this excitement,” Steve Cistulli wrote before confirming that the “tremendous” demand has exceeded their initial supply.
    Cistulli assured consumers in another tweet that production is underway, but they are pushing back the launch of the device just to be sure that its supply could meet “customer demands and avoid disappointing stock-outs.”
    BlackBerry KEYone Delayed Due To ‘Tremendous’ Demand; New US Release Date Announced
    04-01-17 11:09 AM
    PSA:
    Per usual, if you have any questions for BBRY's management, please post them here before Monday 9 AM.
    Thanks.
    04-01-17 02:24 PM
    PSA:
    Per usual, if you have any questions for BBRY's management, please post them here before Monday 9 AM.
    Thanks.
    Hi Corbu. Can you ask them if there are any plans for an up-dated BB-10 device please? I think I know the answer, but you never know. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, Corbu and La Emperor like this.
    04-01-17 03:59 PM
    Hi Corbu. Can you ask them if there are any plans for an up-dated BB-10 device please? I think I know the answer, but you never know. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    If you want to phrase that question in a way that they might provide some wider color to, you'd might rephrase the question to if any of their licensing partners or others have approached them to launch a QNX / BB10 end-point, for instance a mobile device?

Posted via CB10
    Corbu and La Emperor like this.
    04-01-17 04:27 PM
    If you want to phrase that question in a way that they might provide some wider color to, you'd might rephrase the question to if any of their licensing partners or others have approached them to launch a QNX / BB10 end-point, for instance a mobile device?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I like that approach better!

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, rarsen, La Emperor and 1 others like this.
    04-01-17 04:35 PM
    OT:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...out-of-control
    Wall Street’s New Favorite Way to Swap Secrets Is Against the Rules
    And that my friends is why the financial industry abandoned BBRY. Aside from not being the "cool" device to have, BBRY enabled regulatory compliance from the handset to the instant messenger app. If given an opportunity, why use it if non-traceable forms of communication are available? "Following the rules" puts you at a disadvantage. All of them should at the very least, lose their licenses.
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    04-01-17 06:21 PM
    PSA:
    Thanks.
    Hi Corbu!

Can you ask them:

1) How is the Movirtu product proceeding? How many carriers are offering it, how many are running pilots? etc.

2) Will the monthly security updates be hampered in any way once many new BlackBerry Android devices are introduced by multiple OEMs, all with different hardware combinations? Will BlackBerry's version of secured Android suffer from fragmentation problems?

Thank you!
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    04-01-17 06:31 PM
    To me, software and services finally became the foundation and support for BlackBerry to keep it going and also grow reasonably going forward. I still believe the biggest growth and true value will be licensing segment i.e. smartphone licensing and other IOT licensing even though it is zero at the moment.

Corbu, can you please bring the question to the table, in JC's bullish expectation, how significant will the revenue be in 2 to 5 years? Is it going to be as big as Software and services ? Or what is the ball park? 10 million, 100 million, 500 million, a billion...?

Posted via CB10
    Corbu and Superfly_FR like this.
    04-01-17 08:23 PM
    PSA:
    Thanks.
    Thanks Corbu! Not sure if there is a good way to ask. I'd be interested understanding more about their cash balance, given the stability we have seen. How are they thinking about the completeness of their portfolio, and to what extent new acquisitions might be part of their strategy?
    _dimi_ and Superfly_FR like this.
    04-01-17 10:31 PM
    How are they thinking about the completeness of their portfolio, and to what extent new acquisitions might be part of their strategy?
    JC has stated that they will be acquiring, both on the most recent conference call and in the interview on BNN. If I were him, I would be very vague as to what I was looking to buy, as it may either drive up the price or provide a chance for a big player to swoop in and front run BlackBerry. That said, Zimperium or one of the quantum security firms former BlackBerry employees have started, seems like a good and logical fit.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu and Greened like this.
    04-02-17 02:12 AM
    Hi Corbu, Inquire if a BlackBerry Secure for the numerous SMB (Small, Medium Businesses) with limited IT infrastructures, is a potential offering?
    04-02-17 06:37 AM
    JC has stated that they will be acquiring, both on the most recent conference call and in the interview on BNN. If I were him, I would be very vague as to what I was looking to buy, as it may either drive up the price or provide a chance for a big player to swoop in and front run BlackBerry. That said, Zimperium or one of the quantum security firms former BlackBerry employees have started, seems like a good and logical fit.

Posted via CB10
    I thanks FeitaInc! I must have missed the comment as part of the earnings call. I'll also look for the BNN video. Direction on the grown strategy was more important to me than the specific companies. Agreed, I wouldn't want him to tip their hand.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-02-17 09:22 AM
    I thanks FeitaInc! I must have missed the comment as part of the earnings call. I'll also look for the BNN video. Direction on the grown strategy was more important to me than the specific companies. Agreed, I wouldn't want him to tip their hand.
    There you go:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...1#post12822212
    +
    On what to do with that cash
    “We need to invest. It will be investing internally, it will be a combination of both [investing and M&A] -- but we will acquire.”
    Last edited by Corbu; 04-02-17 at 10:08 AM.
    Greened and Superfly_FR like this.
    04-02-17 09:50 AM
    Hi Corbu,

Could you ask whether the software revenue from Mobility Solutions that they added to the overall software & services number is related to the move of the 400 hardware personnel to Ford?

I know that it probably doesn't make much sense, but I'm looking to eliminate the scenario

Posted via CB10
    Corbu likes this.
    04-02-17 04:52 PM
    Hi Corbu

I am wondering if they have had any other companies knocking on their door as far as BlackBerry being acquired or merged. I don't know if they can answer that if it is happening now, but perhaps if they have had any in the past that they can now discuss

Or if that is even on the table for them.

Thanks!
    Corbu likes this.
    04-02-17 05:07 PM
    04-02-17 05:09 PM
    Thanks for the questions, guys. Keep them coming!
    Greened likes this.
    04-02-17 05:22 PM
    Hi Corbu,

Could you ask whether the software revenue from Mobility Solutions that they added to the overall software & services number is related to the move of the 400 hardware personnel to Ford?

I know that it probably doesn't make much sense, but I'm looking to eliminate the scenario

Posted via CB10
    Hi _dimi_

I'm a little confused about your question! What does revenue have to do with expenses?
    Corbu likes this.
    04-02-17 06:08 PM
    04-02-17 09:59 PM
113,250 ... 40584059406040614062 ...