• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    03-17-17 09:14 PM
    BB Merah Putih

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbmp.jpg
    03-18-17 09:01 AM
    Thanks Corbu for the BBMP photo. That's encouraging.

Hope TLC is taking notes.
    Corbu, rarsen, Greened and 1 others like this.
    03-18-17 10:36 AM
    Nice thanks
    Corbu likes this.
    03-18-17 11:06 AM

Anytime, man!

I believe this pic was taken at KL'S Central Park Mall, where BBMP has a promotion going:
    http://katalogpromosi.com/brands/bla...form=hootsuite
    Last edited by Corbu; 03-18-17 at 12:31 PM.
    03-18-17 12:17 PM
    And just to add to Corbu's link on the mall promo exhibit, here's the English translation of the content. FWIW

"Get a variety of attractive offers during the exhibition include:

Swap Your Old Gadgets and Pay starts at Rp. 0 * + FREE Polo Shirt (while supplies last)
    FREE Polo Shirt + Speaker JBL-GO worth up to Rp. 600,000 apply for regular purchases
    Bank Cashback of up to Rp. 300,000 + 0% up to 12 months
    Extra 2.5GB Blackberry Chat Plan for 150 days from Telkomsel

Terms and Conditions apply. "
    03-18-17 12:23 PM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    OT: AI... move over mobile Internet....

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s-all-in-on-ai

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    03-18-17 12:34 PM
  8. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Where's that dead horse..BlackBerry needs to....

How about separate companies BlackBerry? Where is the leadership from the Board????

Posted via CB10
    03-18-17 12:37 PM
    The BBMP Aurora page is up, by the way:
    https://www.bbmerahputih.co.id/product/aurora.php
    La Emperor and rarsen like this.
    03-18-17 01:45 PM
    03-18-17 06:08 PM
    CeBIT:
    BlackBerry Secusmart zeigt nächste SecuSUITE-Generation für Samsung Knox | Pressemitteilung Secusmart
    BlackBerry Secusmart shows next generation of SecuSUITE for Samsung Knox

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-sscebit.jpg
    03-19-17 10:24 AM
    More on CeBIT and Secusmart:
    Cebit 2017: Ein neues Handy für die Kanzlerin?
    A new mobile phone for the Chancellor?
    Superfly_FR, rarsen, W Hoa and 1 others like this.
    03-19-17 10:30 AM
    And yet another new way to hack a wide array of cell phones......

Millions of smartphones could be vulnerable to hacking via sound waves - ScienceAlert
    03-19-17 12:55 PM
    03-19-17 01:52 PM
    https://medium.com/@urish/i-work-for...de9#.b4hdcdys5
    “I work for BlackBerry. Yes, they still exist.”
    03-20-17 01:18 PM
    https://medium.com/@urish/i-work-for...de9#.b4hdcdys5
    “I work for BlackBerry. Yes, they still exist.”
    won't be too surprised if that post will be edited somewhat after BB PR reads it, but a good read non the less.

"Another interesting effort is BlackBerry’s apparent quest to make the Android platform more secure. For example, there’s Android for Work, developed with Google, and SecuTablet, which is a super-secure tablet built in partnership with Samsung."

Did BB develop Android for Work together with Google? if yes, that's news to me.
    La Emperor and Greened like this.
    03-20-17 02:08 PM
    News: https://www.meritalk.com/articles/bl...authorization/

"The CSOC will also support future BlackBerry services awaiting FedRAMP certification."
    Corbu, W Hoa, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    03-20-17 02:36 PM
    03-20-17 02:49 PM
    won't be too surprised if that post will be edited somewhat after BB PR reads it, but a good read non the less.

"Another interesting effort is BlackBerry’s apparent quest to make the Android platform more secure. For example, there’s Android for Work, developed with Google, and SecuTablet, which is a super-secure tablet built in partnership with Samsung."

Did BB develop Android for Work together with Google? if yes, that's news to me.
    Thanks, author of the post here :-)

Thank you for your feedback!

TBH, I had hard time finding information about Android for Work and BlackBerry, though, after some research, I managed to find some articles mentioning the collaboration between the two companies:

03-20-17 05:29 PM
    Meritalk link did not work for me. Google cache provided this:

BlackBerry announced on Monday that its AtHoc service has become the first cloud-based crisis communication service to receive a FedRAMP authorization.“BlackBerry is known for securing data and files, but the one asset we are most proud of securing is people,” said John Chen, executive chairman and CEO of BlackBerry. “Being the first to receive FedRAMP authorization for our crisis communication solution showcases our commitment to serving and growing in the government sector, and is one more reason why the U.S. Federal government trusts BlackBerry for its comprehensive approach to security.”

BlackBerry was sponsored through the FedRAMP process by the Federal Aviation Administration.

The service includes AtHoc Alert and AtHoc Connect, which enable agencies to communicate with both employees and other agencies during an emergency and using almost any type of device. The ability to communicate across agencies fulfills requirements set by the DHS Interoperable Communications Act in 2015.
    “What it does is it allows large customers–like Federal government customers and even law enforcement agencies–to send communications during a crisis,” said Sanjay Saini, general manager of BlackBerry’s AtHoc division.
    Saini explained that though agencies have been using AtHoc for years, and more than 70 percent of Federal employees are covered by the service, the newly authorized cloud offering will cut agency costs.
    “This is basically a continuing of AtHoc’s commitment to providing services for the Federal government,” Saini said.
    The AtHoc services will be provided by the new U.S.-based BlackBerry Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC), which is directed by retired Rear Admiral Bob Day, U.S. Coast Guard CIO and Cyber Commander. The CSOC will also support future BlackBerry services awaiting FedRAMP certification.
    rarsen, morganplus8, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    03-20-17 05:44 PM
    That's probably why that link was removed yesterday... They jumped the gun.

It's now official. Here's the PR:
    BlackBerry Receives the First FedRAMP Authorization for Crisis Communication Software
    03-21-17 08:19 AM
    So, any guesses for upcoming earnings? I'm thinking 180 million in S&S, projecting a 15% increase in S&S revenue for FY2018. Then total annual revenue could find a base somewhere around 930 million...? Not sure where that would put us on a EPS basis...

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, rarsen and La Emperor like this.
    03-21-17 09:35 AM

... You got me thinking that BlackBerry was smart to allow 'friendly competition' amongst it's brand. This provides a space to raise the bar within their hand set division. Exciting stuff!

I've never felt more confident in BlackBerry. I am thinking about shifting those Sierra Wireless winning shares accross to BB.TO.
    I am only concerned with what is going on in Wall Street right now. They don't seem to like the Trump-Unit, adding to instability. I certainly am looking forward to Trump uttering some words regarding the new aliance between Giuliani and BlackBerry. Having witnessed the 'Trump-effect', that would most likely goose the SP in the britches.

10 more sleeps until ER!
    03-21-17 12:48 PM
    Well ... maybe you can (finally) watch East and invest some in EU !
    Looks like we're (€) on a ride, again (say that's a start - was abt time !)

Cheers all, missing ya'll but ... fighting to keep my 1K shares intact until I hit the perfect combination of € AND BBRY rocketing all together !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg
    03-21-17 01:02 PM
    thanks urish for taking the time to write it. as I said, it was a good read.
    03-21-17 03:12 PM
113,256 ... 40534054405540564057 ...