View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    03-10-17 03:42 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20170310_200023.jpg
    This Guy Rocks

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    Corbu, kadakn01, Uzi and 6 others like this.
    03-10-17 08:26 PM
    Hey guys,

M8, I am more than a tad envious as to how you manage to do this. No doubt you are the real-deal because we have all witnessed your in-and-outs over the years, while swimming naked in the shark tank. Although not for the faint of heart, you make it seem somewhat simple.

On that note, Nakedshortreport claims that 75% of today's trades were just that. Almost seems like more than a few are practicing some M8 maneuvers in this stock these days...
    ... Makes me wonder how many BlackBerry investors know about this thread???

Hey Bacon M !!!

There is nothing to be envious about! For years I invested without a strategy and with mixed results. Finally I decided to take the best ideas of what I knew and develop a simple set of rules to follow, to not only make money, but to hold onto it. The formula has worked for me and the data is there. I tell people to invest young, the startup capital available isn't NEARLY as important as knowing what to do with it. You can take $ 5,000 and turn it into a million by sticking to some sound values.

For me the rules are simple:

The company must be debt free, if it well capitalized, so much the better. Debt free, cash, a good idea and a low float, even better.
    It has to have a product that I understand and believe in.
    There has to be a differentiator that allows the company the potential to grow beyond it's peers.
    Follow TA, use RSI, Volume and confirmation of a change in trend to determine if you should take profits or re-enter a trade.
    Stick to a few excellent stocks and don't try to know everything about everything, that will come later.
    Don't touch those funds for anything, add to them when you can and research your investment by knowing what's going on everyday.
    Get on a website to find others with your investment interests as together you can know more than by yourself.

None of these ideas are very new, with the exception of only investing in debt free, cash rich companies, you can see how it is about common sense and keeping it simple.

Finally, I love to take a profit, and, I don't want all of my stocks to climb at the same time as I'll move my money between them many times over.

Not much to it, I certainly can't publish a book on that story alone so I'll do what I know best and work the strategy as many times as I can. I guaranty you that anyone can make money following these simple rules. Good luck!
    03-11-17 02:26 PM
    Great post, Morgan. Thanks!
    03-11-17 07:07 PM
    03-12-17 10:41 AM
    03-12-17 10:41 AM
    Apparently Intel is buying Mobileye for 14-15 billion USD......

Posted via CB10
    fanBBRY, Corbu, La Emperor and 4 others like this.
    03-13-17 06:16 AM
    Apparently Intel is buying Mobileye for 14-15 billion USD......

Posted via CB10
    Intel buys Israeli self-driving car firm for $15 billion

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/13/tech...ory=technology
    Corbu, La Emperor, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    03-13-17 07:20 AM
    More on the INTC-MBLY deal:
    Intel to buy driverless technology firm Mobileye for $15.3 billion | Reuters

Mobileye, which employs around 600 people, had adjusted net income of $173.3 million in 2016.
    03-13-17 07:46 AM
    Unfortunately the common mortal will not understand the complex nature of elements of hacking, only remembering the emphasis on link of words such as Blackberry, organized crime, etc. Curious how much this will get further distorted and its response:

Police hack PGP server with 3.6 million messages from organized crime BlackBerrys | ZDNet
    "Charging about €1,500 ($1,600) per device, Ennetcom sold custom PGP BlackBerry smartphones, often with the camera and microphone removed, offering end-to-end messaging encryption.
    These custom PGP BlackBerry devices are strongly linked to organized crime rings, which rely on the encryption to theoretically thwart surveillance from the authorities."
    03-13-17 08:48 AM
    Looking like some optimism following the valuation of MBLY. Could speed up here.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-17 09:35 AM
    Looking like some optimism following the valuation of MBLY. Could speed up here.

Posted via CB10
    Just some sketchy math would place QNX at $ 6 Billion on a takeover! They have great margins and their revenue will be $ 140 MM this year so it might be time for Chen to spin off that asset and make a few billion. But, we are up $ .12/shr today so ..................

I'll take whatever I can get from BBRY! A leader in its space and its worth only $ 200 MM on paper. Time for an IPO.
    Corbu, cjcampbell, Mr BBRY and 6 others like this.
    03-13-17 10:28 AM
  13. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Just some sketchy math would place QNX at $ 6 Billion on a takeover! They have great margins and their revenue will be $ 140 MM this year so it might be time for Chen to spin off that asset and make a few billion. But, we are up $ .12/shr today so ..................

I'll take whatever I can get from BBRY! A leader in its space and its worth only $ 200 MM on paper. Time for an IPO.
    Hedge funds shorting to the tune of 72 million shares don't want to see that! ... but it's something I have been saying for a while now!! .... QNX should be spun off as it's own company with its own ceo... time to monetize QNX/IOT and you still are left with a strong distinctive BlackBerry which can lead in security and related services.... why is Chen holding on to the status quo?..... waiting?.... for what???

... time for some fresh new faces on the Board of BlackBerry.... and pull away from hedge fund manipulation of this company....

Posted via CB10
    03-13-17 11:52 AM
    Hey Bacon M !!!

For me the rules are simple:

None of these ideas are very new, with the exception of only investing in debt free, cash rich companies, you can see how it is about common sense and keeping it simple!

Well said. Your time and altruistic approach here is obviously well received.

Yeah, I have done some naked trading too. When I last hit the buy button, I was naked. (badda-boom).

When I grow up, I want to take this investing thing more serious. For the time being, attempting to be a good dad for the 4 bacon munchers is all I can do; besides, I am allergic to getting up at 5AM to start the day-trading.

Cheers mate!
    03-13-17 12:17 PM
    Hedge funds shorting to the tune of 72 million shares don't want to see that! ... but it's something I have been saying for a while now!! .... QNX should be spun off as it's own company with its own ceo... time to monetize QNX/IOT and you still are left with a strong distinctive BlackBerry which can lead in security and related services.... why is Chen holding on to the status quo?..... waiting?.... for what???

... time for some fresh new faces on the Board of BlackBerry.... and pull away from hedge fund manipulation of this company....

Posted via CB10

Yeah, would also be good to see the same for BBM....

On Rarsen's note, now we know who holds all the BBOS devices active. Lol. BlackBerry should spin off that area strictly to crime orgs. Talk about margin.
    rarsen and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-13-17 12:26 PM
    OT:
    On that INTC-MBLY deal, viewed from TSLA's perspective
    https://electrek.co/2017/03/13/tesla...ntel-mobileye/
    Tesla’s ‘Vision’ and Autopilot chip efforts validated by Intel’s $15 billion acquisition of Mobileye
    kadakn01, rarsen and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-13-17 01:18 PM
    OT:
    On that INTC-MBLY deal, viewed from TSLA's perspective
    https://electrek.co/2017/03/13/tesla...ntel-mobileye/
    Tesla’s ‘Vision’ and Autopilot chip efforts validated by Intel’s $15 billion acquisition of Mobileye
    Interesting company... make their own OS and even their own chips in earlier products.

Their value probable is based on Intel desperation and how long Mobileye has been working and perfecting their products.
    03-13-17 01:54 PM
    Global Equities Research has an Overweight rating and an $11 price target on BlackBerry stock.

One of the ghosts of a bygone era in smartphones may soon be rising from the dead. Global Equities Research analyst Trip Chowdhry recently explained why he believesBlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ: BBRY) could be on the comeback trail.According to Chowdhry, BlackBerry is well positioned to play a central role in President Donald Trump’s proposed $1 trillion infrastructure spending initiative.

“BBRY can be the intelligent infrastructure system provider for the new collar industry, which we think could e 10% of [a] $200 billion infrastructure spend, or $20 billion,” Chowdhry says. New collar jobs are next-generation jobs that are a hybrid of blue collar (trade) jobs and white collar (professional) jobs.

The firm’s bullish outlook for BlackBerry stock occurs on a 2-3 year time horizon. In the meantime, Chowdhry says the company’s quarterly earnings and revenue mean “nothing.”
    A Bullish Case For BlackBerry As An 'Anti-Trend Play'
    03-13-17 02:33 PM
    "Russia will also continue to hack into the computers of the government and politicians, and even into journalists’ phones, looking for embarrassing details that could be used to hurt a candidate (like John Podesta’s emails were used against Clinton), or as blackmail. And the list of targeted groups may be even longer. There are reports this week that several liberal groups in the U.S. are being extorted by Russian-backed hackers, threatening to leak emails."

http://www.macleans.ca/news/world/ru...ign=mme_weekly

But yet people don't value device security. I just don't get it.
    03-13-17 03:23 PM
    "Russia will also continue to hack into the computers of the government and politicians, and even into journalists’ phones, looking for embarrassing details that could be used to hurt a candidate (like John Podesta’s emails were used against Clinton), or as blackmail. And the list of targeted groups may be even longer. There are reports this week that several liberal groups in the U.S. are being extorted by Russian-backed hackers, threatening to leak emails."

Russia's coming attack on Canada - Macleans.ca

But yet people don't value device security. I just don't get it.
    What could you or I do to stop this? Most of this hacking is done on the server side of things.
    03-13-17 03:26 PM
    Mr. Trip Chowdry is the same guy who, almost one year ago, said he sees no hope for BBRY!

https://www.benzinga.com/analyst-rat...erry-will-fail

Wait, there's more. Two years ago, almost to the day, he publishes a piece saying BBRY could double.

https://www.benzinga.com/analyst-rat...inues-down-the

Methinks large grains of salt should be taken with anything published by Global Equities Research...

Global Equities Research has an Overweight rating and an $11 price target on BlackBerry stock.

A Bullish Case For BlackBerry As An 'Anti-Trend Play'
    03-13-17 03:26 PM
    What could you or I do to stop this? Most of this hacking is done on the server side of things.
    It's the whole general idea of security. Obviously we just learned that phones are easily hacked, and those hacks are out there, not held close. Just because those specific, provable, points were server side does not mean video, conversations, or other messaging communications aren't being utilized. The point being, most people take the whole "I've got nothing to hide" stance and simply don't care, until they do.... then it's too late.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-17 04:10 PM
    You mean besides using devices that are known to be backed by secure servers, secure messaging services and by companies that make security their top priority???

I guess other than that, you could buy an iPhone and help support the Russians.
    03-13-17 04:26 PM
    03-13-17 07:13 PM
    Has anybody been following NantHealth lately? I remember BlackBerry made an investment in them, but I hope they sold it because after the IPO, their share price has been steadily decreasing. It's barely $4 per share now, down from $21

Posted via CB10
    03-14-17 09:11 AM
113,250 ... 40514052405340544055 ...