702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    03-08-17 03:35 PM
    Aurora to be launched in a few hours:
    BlackBerry Aurora yakin Bisa Menang Lawan Oppo & Vivo
    rarsen likes this.
    03-08-17 03:51 PM
    JC re-elected as a member of the Disney board.
    Yet he probably wouldn't be able to get a photo of Mickey Mouse, Buzz Lightyear, Wolverine, Spiderman, or Darth Vader with a BlackBerry.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1431715459.jpg
    03-08-17 04:36 PM
    morganplus8 and Mr BBRY like this.
    03-08-17 06:52 PM
    03-08-17 06:55 PM
    CIA lists BlackBerry QNX software as target for potential hack

Update – March 8: BlackBerry sent us the following statement on this issue:

“Providing the highest level of security has always been at the core of our mission, and it’s because of this, the trust placed in BlackBerry’s software and security expertise by the embedded world is unequaled. From secure embedded software to secure over-the-air (OTA) software update services for timely security patches and functional software updates, no other company can offer the end-to-end, software lifecycle management we provide.

QNX SDP 7.0 operating system provides a comprehensive, multi-level, policy-driven security model incorporating BlackBerry’s legacy best-in-class security technologies, to mitigate attacks. The secure OS along with Certicom’s secure manufacturing of integrated circuits plus our chain of trust software verification, trusted code execution, security toolkits and certificates provide a broad array of integrated tools for a designer to build a more secure system. In addition, BlackBerry’s security research groups, cybersecurity services, and incident response teams augment the products to monitor, assess and correct software and security vulnerabilities on a continual basis.

That being said, any electronic module in a car comprises a collection of software, hardware, and network components. Security is only as strong as its weakest link. As such, BlackBerry advocates that one designs in security from the ground up using the trusted and proven methodology we have deployed for years for the highest grade security in phones used by the governments and regulated industries. We are the gold standard in the industry for a well-proven reason.”
    03-08-17 08:16 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-c00164a6d_86304cf0-04ba-11e7-9c08-02000a190bb6.jpeg
    alludba, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    03-09-17 06:56 AM
    Made in Indonesia, for Indonesians: Our Partner BB Merah Putih Launches BlackBerry Aurora, Our Newest Secure Android Smartphone | Inside BlackBerry

But those partnerships do not solely include smartphones. They also apply to our industrial design expertise and intellectual property. As we move forward, the program will expand beyond smartphones and tablets and into the Enterprise of Things.
    Last edited by Corbu; 03-09-17 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Added quote
    alludba, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 8 others like this.
    03-09-17 06:57 AM
    "BlackBerry Aurora, The Champion's return to the country" (my translation)
    BlackBerry Aurora, Kembalinya Sang Jawara di Tanah Air

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bd93f7ed-f1f6-435a-8ccb-965e997e528c_169.jpg
    alludba, Mr BBRY, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    03-09-17 07:03 AM
    03-09-17 07:07 AM
    "BlackBerry Aurora, The Champion's return to the country" (my translation)
    BlackBerry Aurora, Kembalinya Sang Jawara di Tanah Air

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bd93f7ed-f1f6-435a-8ccb-965e997e528c_169.jpg 
Views:	554 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	419033
    You got it right (the translation)
    Corbu, rarsen, La Emperor and 4 others like this.
    03-09-17 08:02 AM
    http://www.tribunnews.com/techno/201...n-pangsa-pasar

"It is possible that this year we will put out a new product," said Stanly.

Tan admitted that his company is targeting BlackBerry sales of one million units for this year.
    La Emperor, rarsen, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    03-09-17 11:12 AM
    And the rest of the article lumps BlackBerry in with Nokia, and questions their ability of either to gain market share in what has become a mature market where most devices are now replacements, not sales to new owners.

Tan did mention some kind of trade-in program for this very reason.... but no details as of yet.

As always will just have to wait and see how sales go there. I expect there might be easily a million BBOS PKB users left in that market.
    03-09-17 11:35 AM
    03-09-17 12:11 PM

I sold a large block of the stock at $ 7.47/shr and I bought it all back plus 10% more at $ 6.76/shr. The point is, you can make plenty of money trading BBRY
    You would have had to have sold and purchased quite a bit of stock to reap what I would consider plenty of money. You must own more of BBRY than I do.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-09-17 12:47 PM
    You would have had to have sold and purchased quite a bit of stock to reap what I would consider plenty of money. You must own more of BBRY than I do.
    Unless you define your expectations, you haven't offered anything for me to comment on. For instance, if you think a 5 - 8 % gain on a trade is okay, then the amount of money involved doesn't matter. It's all relative to a gain over time. If you can do that trade countless times on any amount of money, it is much more important. The investment industry is happy to sell you a 2 - 5% gain per year; is that good? Who knows, not for me and we certainly don't know if it's good for you because you give no information what so ever.

For me, a $ 7.47 - $ 6.76 = $ .71/shr., or roughly a 10% plus gain to your account just for flipping your holdings over the course of a week or two, is a great move. A week or two suggests that you can do this trade many times throughout the year thus implying that BBRY is a great investment indeed. Doubling your money while the world is satisfied with 2 - 5% works for me.

Now, for me, a "large block of stock" is an amount that stops traders/MM's from taking the other side of my trade. If it takes me 4 hours to sell my position because they see me coming, that's a problem. With BBRY, the days below 3 MM shares daily cause me all kinds of grief. As BBRY approaches what I believe to be a trade-able high, a key technical level so to speak, I place my order. If my orders come one after the other and they are under say, 10,000/shrs, no problem, but if I place an order to sell at 50,000 - 80,000, it won't go through. When you struggle to sell and buy at key levels, as happens with BBRY, you need to look at other trades. I'm considering moving to ECA now as it has better volume and decent blocks of stock still sell there.

In the last 3 weeks I have done 2 trades in BBRY in my trading account, I hold it in another account and those shares are never for sale. I'll continue to try and trade BBRY going forward but it would be nice if they would post some news to get the volumes up. From all of this, you should be able to understand why I say BBRY is difficult for some to trade but very rewarding just the same. Try getting 10% plus out of Apple in just 2 weeks or less, it's not possible.

Update on BBRY:
    The broader market is trading sideways now, basing out for another run in a couple of weeks. More importantly, BBRY decoupled from the broader market today and is set to rally again.
    03-09-17 02:32 PM
    Unless you define your expectations, you haven't offered anything for me to comment on. For instance, if you think a 5 - 8 % gain on a trade is okay, then the amount of money involved doesn't matter. It's all relative to a gain over time. If you can do that trade countless times on any amount of money, it is much more important. The investment industry is happy to sell you a 2 - 5% gain per year; is that good? Who knows, not for me and we certainly don't know if it's good for you because you give no information what so ever.

For me, a $ 7.47 - $ 6.76 = $ .71/shr., or roughly a 10% plus gain to your account just for flipping your holdings over the course of a week or two, is a great move. A week or two suggests that you can do this trade many times throughout the year thus implying that BBRY is a great investment indeed. Doubling your money while the world is satisfied with 2 - 5% works for me.

Now, for me, a "large block of stock" is an amount that stops traders/MM's from taking the other side of my trade. If it takes me 4 hours to sell my position because they see me coming, that's a problem. With BBRY, the days below 3 MM shares daily cause me all kinds of grief. As BBRY approaches what I believe to be a trade-able high, a key technical level so to speak, I place my order. If my orders come one after the other and they are under say, 10,000/shrs, no problem, but if I place an order to sell at 50,000 - 80,000, it won't go through. When you struggle to sell and buy at key levels, as happens with BBRY, you need to look at other trades. I'm considering moving to ECA now as it has better volume and decent blocks of stock still sell there.

In the last 3 weeks I have done 2 trades in BBRY in my trading account, I hold it in another account and those shares are never for sale. I'll continue to try and trade BBRY going forward but it would be nice if they would post some news to get the volumes up. From all of this, you should be able to understand why I say BBRY is difficult for some to trade but very rewarding just the same. Try getting 10% plus out of Apple in just 2 weeks or less, it's not possible.

Update on BBRY:
    The broader market is trading sideways now, basing out for another run in a couple of weeks. More importantly, BBRY decoupled from the broader market today and is set to rally again.
    I understand what you are saying. The fact of the matter is that everything is relative. Trading 10,000 shares at an increase of $.71 isn't bad. It certainly is not as good as trading 80,000. Both though are certainly better than what I currently have at @ 1,000 shares. I would invest more but currently I have a lot in ARRY with has increased by 400% over the last two quarters. For a very novice investor I am happy where I am at currently.
    03-09-17 02:50 PM
    03-09-17 03:40 PM
    03-09-17 04:37 PM
    Short interest update and some perspective
    The numbers as of Feb 28 were essentially unchanged at 48,257,681 from the previous number as of Feb 15 at 48,550,640. The slight decrease of about 300K shares shows most are keeping this short as a pair trade, meaning they are long some other stocks, perhaps AAPL. They are not betting on this stock going to zero. In fact some of the hedge funds that my freind has spoken to remain short as they believe this stock is "dead money" The reality is until they see a revenue increase, they won't cover. The daily naked short reports indicate a higher amount than usual as they will short, sometimes selling shares they don't borrow. If you look at data released 2x a month on the sec site, BBRY has had some FTD days (failure to deliver), and the amounts have been as high as nearly 300K shares on Feb 3 for example. I'll scan for the last half in Feb when it's released shortly.
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    03-09-17 06:45 PM

...For me, a $ 7.47 - $ 6.76 = $ .71/shr., or roughly a 10% plus gain to your account just for flipping your holdings over the course of a week or two, is a great move. A week or two suggests that you can do this trade many times throughout the year thus implying that BBRY is a great investment indeed. Doubling your money while the world is satisfied with 2 - 5% works for me....

Hey guys,

M8, I am more than a tad envious as to how you manage to do this. No doubt you are the real-deal because we have all witnessed your in-and-outs over the years, while swimming naked in the shark tank. Although not for the faint of heart, you make it seem somewhat simple.

On that note, Nakedshortreport claims that 75% of today's trades were just that. Almost seems like more than a few are practicing some M8 maneuvers in this stock these days...
    ... Makes me wonder how many BlackBerry investors know about this thread???

rarsen, Corbu, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    03-09-17 09:56 PM
    Hey guys,

M8, I am more than a tad envious as to how you manage to do this. No doubt you are the real-deal because we have all witnessed your in-and-outs over the years, while swimming naked in the shark tank. Although not for the faint of heart, you make it seem somewhat simple.

On that note, Nakedshortreport claims that 75% of today's trades were just that. Almost seems like more than a few are practicing some M8 maneuvers in this stock these days...
    ... Makes me wonder how many BlackBerry investors know about this thread???

regarding Nakedshort, the short numbers are correct as of about 6PM EST, but notice the total volume for the day is not updated until about 8PM EST or so, so the percentage is off, if you check now, it is actually 30%. In either case, as the percentage is over 20% it indicates the stock is being manipulated by the shorts (hedge funds mostly), and that since they can sell extra shares and not borrow them, they can artificially create more selling than in reality. Notice the options mkt has been quite quiet as their is not much premium so they prefer to just short instead.
    Mr BBRY, rarsen, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    03-09-17 11:35 PM
    Aurora

+ a few camera videos...
    Last edited by Corbu; 03-10-17 at 10:33 AM.
    03-10-17 07:26 AM
    03-10-17 02:47 PM
    03-10-17 03:32 PM
113,256 ... 40504051405240534054 ...