View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Just contact BlackBerry directly....present your qualifications and ideas Re: Radar, etc....

As far as CrackBerry... most interest here was (still is) only about phones and related phone software... people don't care about the other stuff in bbry's portfolio... imo, and the CrackBerry base has shrunk as most others have moved on to other phones/platforms (apple, samsung).. even here in Toronto... most business colleagues of mine.. even in tech and legal, etc., no longer use BlackBerry devices--- hence they have no interest in what BlackBerry does or is doing... that's BlackBerry's biggest problem... perception... and biggest challenge ... still.... as recent statements from them confirm....

Personally, I have stated before and still believe they should have spun off into a separate company the IOT / QNX business... licensed it back to the remaining BlackBerry (security and software services, mobile software, etc business) and see where that takes them... right now... they are a lot of things to a lot of people... out of phones but in phones..and so on... muddled perceptions continue..brand still toxic in some minds...

A new clean QNX / IOT company would be my recommendation... leaving the rest with "BlackBerry Security Solutions inc"...

Posted via CB10
    Not sure if spinning off QNX would clear up confusion about the BlackBerry brand? Imo, it would make the company too complex, while we really need the clarity and simplicity that a lean company needs. Their automotive and IoT segment has always been part of QNX, and that doesn't seem to be where the BlackBerry brand is hurting them. The article mentions that Beard is worried about not getting invited to potential deals in the EMM segment. Which raises the question, should they 'rename the kid who's not doing good in school' (which JC decided to not do back in 2013) For example: rename the company BlackBerry Software, or cut all ties with their past once and for all. This issue has been raised years ago, and dismissed by management because BlackBerry stood for security. All of a sudden (like, since last weekend?!), the KEYone is making it difficult for them.

I don't like articles like these in quiet period. If we could actually see the interview with Beard, then that would be different. Right now, I could be overanalyzing a paragraph.

Posted via CB10
    Greened likes this.
    03-04-17 10:32 AM
    I don't like articles like these in quiet period. If we could actually see the interview with Beard, then that would be different. Right now, I could be overanalyzing a paragraph.
    Just having JC do an interview on March 3, 3 days into the "quiet period" and Marty Beard being interviewed and quoted is actually a step up in my opinion. Remember the dark times when there was literally no communication from BlackBerry once the quiet time started? Not even crickets.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-17 12:29 PM

A new clean QNX / IOT company would be my recommendation... leaving the rest with "BlackBerry Security Solutions inc"...

Posted via CB10
    They rebranded the Facebook page " BlackBerry QNX" only a few days ago ... I'm not sure it's going in that direction
    03-04-17 12:53 PM
    @_dimi_

Listen to the latest podcasts, and you'll have a better understanding.
    Greened likes this.
    03-04-17 01:51 PM
    OT from the Security file:
    Yahoo's security follies add up to real money: Will companies learn from Yahoo's mistakes? | ZDNet

But none of these attacks would have mattered if it didn't cost Yahoo -- and its executives -- money. The reality of cyberattacks is that companies don't take much of a financial hit when customer data is compromised. Why? Insurance can cover much of the hit. Sales may slip a bit. But for the most part, life goes on. A few heads roll, and business resumes as usual.
    Yahoo is actually taking a financial hit, and that means it's quite possible that cybersecurity will really be a boardroom issue. After all, executives tend to like their bonuses and stock grants.
    First, Verizon shaved $350 million from the price it'll pay for Yahoo. And now Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer will take a financial haircut (sure, it's largely symbolic, but it's a start).
    Legal chief Ronald Bell also resigned without any payments from Yahoo.
    03-05-17 09:15 AM
    03-06-17 06:57 AM
    Verizon has a BlackBerry with secure Android in every store right now. Priv. Been there for a while. Doesn't seem to have changed the story much unfortunately
    03-06-17 09:59 AM
    OT: Digital Trends article that summarizes the different levels of autonomous driving. Level 0 is where most cars on the road today are, including the ones with advanced Lane departure and advanced crash warning systems. Max is level 5 where the car is fully autonomous and you're only a passenger.

According to the article, Google and Uber are at Level 3, where the car does all the driving, but has a human ready to intervene. The most advanced semi-autonomous cars on the market now, are at level 2.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/de...utonomous-car/

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, morganplus8 and Corbu like this.
    03-06-17 10:50 AM
    Verizon has a BlackBerry with secure Android in every store right now. Priv. Been there for a while. Doesn't seem to have changed the story much unfortunately
    And it's been a moderately cheap option for maybe six months now.... right at $400.
    03-06-17 11:44 AM
    OT: TGTX

TG Therapeutics Announces Positive Topline Data from Phase 3 GENUINE Study of TG-1101 in Combination with Ibrutinib in Patients with High Risk Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL)

https://globenewswire.com/news-relea...kemia-CLL.html

Hopefully some of you are still in this trade. Every now and then some of us get a break. One of these days it will be on BBRY. Hang in there gang!
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    03-06-17 12:20 PM
  11. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I am sure BlackBerry will make the RIGHT call ... only after they have exhausted all other alternatives (to loosely paraphrase W. Churchill)
    03-06-17 01:27 PM
    http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...center-in.html

"BlackBerry engineering facility, data center in Alpharetta sells for $30 million"

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 02:24 PM
    Heads up. We have just gone below RSI=30. I'd call this a good buying opportunity, and one we've seen many times over the past couple years. Can we just start the comeback climb we've all been waiting for already? Please?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-2y-chart-3.6.17.png
    03-06-17 02:42 PM
    https://www.rsaconference.com/events/us17

Bank of America Merrill Lynch / Tal Liani

Networking Security

Key takeaways from the 2017 RSA conference

We recently attended the RSA conference and met the management teams of Blackberry, Barracuda, Check Point, CyberArk, FireEye, Fortinet, A10 Networks, Gigamon, and several private vendors. We note 4 key themes; 1) the endpoint market evolution continues, 2) platform consolidation remains a key investment theme, 3) micro-segmentation is becoming more broadly adopted, and 4) the jury is still out on the winners in the CASB market.

[…]

Key takeaways from company meetings

Blackberry – security DNA across a number of product efforts

We hosted a meeting with Blackberry’s Chief Security Officer David Kleidermacher and dug into the company’s security strategy and priorities. Management emphasized Blackberry’s experience in security (ie. long relationships with large financial institutions), innovation (significant patent portfolio), and assurance (ie. Government and industry certifications). Despite Blackberry’s struggles in hardware, the company’s rich history in security underpins each area of its software strategy: enterprise software, QNX/IoT, and secure Android for handsets. At a high level, Blackberry’s strategy addresses the security risks around endpoints and users, but with a data-centric approach. For example, the Work Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) platform protects data on mobile devices, while the Workspaces product (formerly Watchdox) protects data in transit. Periphery enterprise applications, which extend security efforts beyond EMM, would include applications such as Athoc to manage secure crisis communications, identity and access management, and secure messaging. Separately, the QNX secure operating system is currently leveraged in autos and asset tracking (currently for trucking fleets and potentially for broader IoT applications). Management believes QNX remains well-positioned as a traditional auto OS and potentially gain content share as a broader end-to-end secure system for connected cars. Lastly, Blackberry’s security expertise also underpins the hardware strategy pivot to software licensing (ie. offering a more secure Android).
    03-06-17 05:04 PM
    https://securitybrief.com.au/story/b...tate-security/
    BlackBerry think tank report delves into Australia's state of security
    03-06-17 05:12 PM
    @_dimi_

Listen to the latest podcasts, and you'll have a better understanding.
    I believe I have listened to the latest podcasts... Are you referring to the (previous) relation between CrackBerry and BlackBerry? Because that would not change my mind.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 06:14 AM
    I believe I have listened to the latest podcasts... Are you referring to the (previous) relation between CrackBerry and BlackBerry? Because that would not change my mind.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't expect it to change your desire, but simply your understanding of why it hadn't happened.
    03-07-17 06:34 AM
    I didn't expect it to change your desire, but simply your understanding of why it hadn't happened.
    In January 2012 Heins took over from Lazaridis/Balsilie, which is now over 5 years ago. Heins called CBK to inform him about the change in leadership, which (according to CBK himself) marked the start of a new, friendly, relation between the 2 companies. Back then, BlackBerry had pretty much no software business (aside from automotive on the QNX side - SAF was/is handled through carriers and included as service revenue). Since then, lots has changed, they are focused on IoT, EoT, EMM... building a channel instead of primarily focusing on carriers, and CrackBerry hasn't evolved. But, fortunately that's not my call

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 06:46 AM
    In January 2012 Heins took over from Lazaridis/Balsilie, which is now over 5 years ago. Heins called CBK to inform him about the change in leadership, which (according to CBK himself) marked the start of a new, friendly, relation between the 2 companies. Back then, BlackBerry had pretty much no software business (aside from automotive on the QNX side - SAF was/is handled through carriers and included as service revenue). Since then, lots has changed, they are focused on IoT, EoT, EMM... building a channel instead of primarily focusing on carriers, and CrackBerry hasn't evolved. But, fortunately that's not my call

Posted via CB10
    Yes, the relationship thawed greatly. CrackBerry has covered BlackBerry and it's various branches in the news section. This is a smartphone forum after all, but there's nothing stopping threads in "general discussion" about any facet (IIRC there have been a few). Should it become popular, I imagine a subforum for other things BlackBerry could be created.

#ChicagoMeetup
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    03-07-17 07:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry is a fan site... for the most part, the "fans" care only about the hardware.

It's not CrackBerry's job to try and promote all things BlackBerry... that's BlackBerry's job. I doubt CrackBerry could come up with the staff to keep up with and fully understand these other products... based on a business that is built around click advertising. Because few here would ever click on those topics.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-07-17 07:30 AM
    CrackBerry is a fan site... for the most part, the "fans" care only about the hardware.

It's not CrackBerry's job to try and promote all things BlackBerry... that's BlackBerry's job. I doubt CrackBerry could come up with the staff to keep up with and fully understand these other products... based on a business that is built around click advertising. Because few here would ever click on those topics.
    No, CrackBerry is in the (big) money making business. They have very talented people working for them, and some have made it their full-time job. Any idea how much overhead costs are for a company with a few (or more than a few) highly talented (and highly respected in the industry) employees? Not to speak of all the variable costs involved (trips, paying for unreleased BB10 phones,...). There are many different sources of income, so I think the old 'click advertising' model you claim it is, is oversimplifying it.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 07:49 AM
    No, CrackBerry is in the (big) money making business. They have very talented people working for them, and some have made it their full-time job. Any idea how much overhead costs are for a company with a few (or more than a few) highly talented (and highly respected in the industry) employees? Not to speak of all the variable costs involved (trips, paying for unreleased BB10 phones,...). There are many different sources of income, so I think the old 'click advertising' model you claim it is, is oversimplifying it.

Posted via CB10
    You have a very interesting perception of CrackBerry.

#ChicagoMeetup
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-07-17 07:51 AM
    You have a very interesting perception of CrackBerry.

#ChicagoMeetup
    I know.. it takes away the romantic idea of a fan site.. ;-) but someone is paying for those free trips to Barcelona. And that's only normal.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 07:57 AM
    I know.. it takes away the romantic idea of a fan site.. ;-) but someone is paying for those free trips to Barcelona. And that's only normal.

Posted via CB10
    What does Barcelona have to do with full time employees?

#ChicagoMeetup
    03-07-17 08:01 AM
    03-07-17 08:12 AM
113,256 ... 40484049405040514052 ...