Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    On a slow day another general article on Buffet and Gates:

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/wh...152741318.html

Bill Gates and Warren Buffett have been friends for over a quarter century. "You want to associate with people who are the kind of person you'd like to be," Buffett says. In other words, invest your time like you would your money: Wisely.
    02-08-17 02:10 PM
    02-08-17 05:09 PM
    The thing about this CPaaS is that this isn't like the ADAS work that we hope will turn into a big business for BB several quarters from now. BB is immediately competitive in this space, and has a huge advantage over the startups here. This could generate sizable revenue (in the hundreds of millions) pretty quickly. This is a capability they've already built and proven, that should be available this month, and a real customer need that already exists right now.

The other advantage they have is that Twilio really doesn't understand large enterprises. Their sales and support completely doesn't fit that market. BB should be able to very easily and very quickly eat their lunch.

The concerns, challenges: (1) customer confidence in BB's financial position (this has been mitigated to a great extent, but there is still skepticism out there) and (2) they absolutely, positively, must ship this SDK on time and it has to work well out of the box. The big advantage they have over startups is that they can say they've been doing this for decades and their service is totally mature/tested. If you say that, you have no excuses for a buggy or late service. This thing has to be rock solid on day 1.

I bought more BBRY today. For me this story is starting to shape up, and the drag (from my point of view at least) of the phone business is finally gone.
    02-08-17 05:46 PM
    The thing about this CPaaS is that this isn't like the ADAS work that we hope will turn into a big business for BB several quarters from now. BB is immediately competitive in this space, and has a huge advantage over the startups here. This could generate sizable revenue (in the hundreds of millions) pretty quickly. This is a capability they've already built and proven, that should be available this month, and a real customer need that already exists right now.

The other advantage they have is that Twilio really doesn't understand large enterprises. Their sales and support completely doesn't fit that market. BB should be able to very easily and very quickly eat their lunch.

The concerns, challenges: (1) customer confidence in BB's financial position (this has been mitigated to a great extent, but there is still skepticism out there) and (2) they absolutely, positively, must ship this SDK on time and it has to work well out of the box. The big advantage they have over startups is that they can say they've been doing this for decades and their service is totally mature/tested. If you say that, you have no excuses for a buggy or late service. This thing has to be rock solid on day 1.

I bought more BBRY today. For me this story is starting to shape up, and the drag (from my point of view at least) of the phone business is finally gone.
    Great points. I'm glad the phone business is no longer a burden as much as I love the phones.
    02-08-17 10:32 PM

I hope BlackBerry make it easy to buy their products not like BBM protect

Posted via CB10
    02-08-17 10:55 PM
    02-09-17 06:24 AM
    BlackBerry Delivers On Software Promise With Licensing Deals And New Communications Offering

Two software announcements in one week is a good trend. Both the licensing and the CPaaS announcement are attempting to unlock value from BlackBerry’s existing assets that will fuel funding innovation and acquisitions for the EoT market. There are plenty of opportunities ahead in securing, managing and providing workflow applications to support EoT. It’s BlackBerry’s job to figure out how to capitalize on this possibility before other vendors do.
    02-09-17 12:07 PM
    Aware that Seeking Alfa opinion articles vary greatly in levels of quality or lack of, and continue to have inconsistent levels of reliability, but more positive views are slowly being increased :

Has BlackBerry Reached Its Inflection Point? - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-20170209-mobility-revenues.png
    "If the company can close off this fiscal year in the positive I believe the stock will start getting some positive attention from analysts. The company's guidance for the upcoming fiscal year also will be extremely important. It is very possible that BlackBerry has passed its inflection point and this stock should definitely be on an investor's radar."
    02-09-17 02:54 PM
    Short interest as of 1/31
    Decrease of 2M shares
    02-09-17 03:09 PM
    Back in the Thorsten days did BlackBerry set BBM up as a separate company? I have heard that the ownership of BBM is not quite what it appears. We know that most of the development has moved offshore but it would be nice to get clarity on any changes in ownership that might have happened.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-17 03:43 PM
    For those hoping for a BlackBerry buyout (or merger) of Sierra Wireless

Volkswagen Prefers Sierra Wireless to Enable Next-Generation Connected Vehicles With 4G LTE Embedded Modules

16:47 EST Thursday, February 09, 2017

VANCOUVER, Canada (Business Wire) -- Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ:SWIR) (TSX:SW), a leading provider of fully integrated device-to-cloud solutions for the Internet of Things (IoT), today announced that Volkswagen has selected Sierra Wireless AirPrime® AR Series modules and the Legato® platform for its next generation of connected cars. Sierra Wireless' integrated 4G technology will reach the market beginning in 2018 in several Volkswagen models worldwide.
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...20170209006326
    02-09-17 04:01 PM
    02-09-17 04:48 PM
    02-09-17 06:30 PM
    02-09-17 07:48 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-c4rmgfsuoaa2xvf.jpg
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-11-17 at 12:21 AM.
    02-09-17 10:02 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C4RMGfsUoAA2xVF.jpg 
Views:	1142 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	417225
    That's one fugly device!!! It's like a Frankenstein of the last few devices.
    02-10-17 02:00 AM
    I like it - definitely getting it!

Posted via CB10
    02-10-17 04:04 AM
    OT Sierra Wireless up almost 30% on Volkswagen news
    02-10-17 10:15 AM
    Some BBM numbers in Africa. My apologies if it has been posted earlier.
    In Africa, BBM has some pretty impressive numbers. There are 22 million registered users and 17,000+ people a day are signing up. 70% of these users are active on a daily basis and there 380 million messages daily. 9.2 million visit the BBM shop on a monthly basis.
    Africa: Under New Management - BBM Platform Seeks to Leverage Its 22 Million African Users With a Package of Music, Video, Games and E-Commerce - allAfrica.com
    02-10-17 12:19 PM
    02-10-17 04:13 PM
    02-10-17 07:57 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C4RMGfsUoAA2xVF.jpg 
Views:	1142 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	417225
    I'll be your and CB's eyes!!!

OT : Trump, the market, bots and all...
    http://boingboing.net/2017/02/10/goo...tes-a-bot.html
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 4 others like this.
    02-11-17 12:22 AM
    Self-driving cars: Ford just invested $1 billion in self-driving cars

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/10/tech...ory=technology
    rarsen, morganplus8, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    02-11-17 05:35 AM
    02-11-17 08:08 AM
    02-11-17 09:53 AM
113,256 ... 40394040404140424043 ...