View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-c28_5fyukaaufrr.jpgThe BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-c29cxjgviaanc0z.jpgThe BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-c288smtviaagdbw.jpgThe BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-c29mhyxusaecyy6.jpgThe BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-c29iibzvqaeyett.jpg
    Andy_bb_king, Mr BBRY and rarsen like this.
    01-24-17 02:51 PM
    'The Google' can chip this, or silicon that, but it won't change the perception of many regarding overall trust in what Alphabet is doing with storage of data.
    BlackBerry on the other hand is already widely accepted as a leader in matters of privacy.
    BlackBerry is know for security, and especially protecting enterprise communications. That said, they have gotten some flack for their stance on privacy (both with BBM and the latest by Snowden).

It seems like the public perception of BlackBerry is normalizing back to being all about security rather than 'going out of business'.
    CDM76 and Bacon Munchers like this.
    01-24-17 03:10 PM
    Because Blackberry knows nothing about marketing. The name Blackberry is irrevocably linked to mobile phones. Even the stock analysts who follow BBRY rarely mention QNX and appear fixated on the cellphone market going down the tubes and Blackberry leading the downward charge. BBRY should have long ago split off the security/autonomous driving/privacy segment into a separate shell and market as the QNX Division or something like that. As long they are recognized as some failing Canadian has-been they will continue to struggle - they need a new face.

Speaking of auto, could anyone please explain why MBLY is worth of over 9 Billion with 90 million revenue per quarter while BlackBerry which should have 50 million revenue per quarter, and is valued liked nothing? I am trying to do some homework on ADAS and autonomous driving. I thought BlackBerry should have more advantage. When will BlackBerry show significant revenue on QNX?

M8, I know you are an expert and an auto industry insider? Could you elaborate more on these?

Posted via CB10
    anon(4086547) and CDM76 like this.
    01-24-17 05:45 PM
    https://techcrunch.com/2017/01/24/au...onnected-cars/
    Automotive executives see 10 times more revenue potential in connected cars

The survey also found that 83 percent of execs agree that they’ll derive revenue from data shared by vehicle owners, and that they also need to focus on information security and privacy as a key value to attract customers in the future as a result.
    rarsen, La Emperor and morganplus8 like this.
    01-24-17 07:46 PM
    rarsen likes this.
    01-24-17 08:12 PM
    Speaking of auto, could anyone please explain why MBLY is worth of over 9 Billion with 90 million revenue ...
    Very strong growth rate (in both earnings and revenue), and an estimated $40-$50 in revenue per unit as more cars now add this feature (not including development consulting according to a report I read)
    Last edited by app_Developer; 01-24-17 at 10:09 PM.
    01-24-17 08:26 PM
    Very strong growth rate (in both earnings and revenue), and an estimated $40-$50 in revenue per car as more cars now add this feature (not including development consulting according to a report I read)
    Does mbly adas software run on top of QNX or on Linux only? Is QNX doing or trying to do same thing as mbly? My car has a lot of adas features, but I don't know if they run on top of QNX or not.
    01-24-17 10:09 PM
    Does mbly adas software run on top of QNX or on Linux only? Is QNX doing or trying to do same thing as mbly? My car has a lot of adas features, but I don't know if they run on top of QNX or not.
    I don't know, but my guess is that if there were cars on the road today using QNX for ADAS functions, then BB would be talking more about that rather than talking about the development or demo cars they are working on. I may have missed this, but I don't think BB has announced any cars which have shipped to customers yet using their new ADAS platform, have they?

BTW, BlackBerry doesn't list Mobileye as a partner, but I think Mobileye has announced that their EyeQ5 has an automotive grade OS. Does anyone know if that is QNX?
    01-24-17 10:42 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C28_5FYUkAAUFRR.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	163.1 KB 
ID:	416423Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C29CxjGVIAANc0Z.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	195.9 KB 
ID:	416424Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C288SMtVIAAgdBW.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	113.7 KB 
ID:	416425Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C29mHYXUsAEcYy6.jpg 
Size:	154.0 KB 
ID:	416426Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C29iIBzVQAEYETt.jpg 
Size:	163.2 KB 
ID:	416427
    That'a'boy Corbu.
    Takin' screenshots Old Skool.

BTW - Couldn't resist the BlackBerry sale. Just bought another Passport, so now I have a backup for my backup; speaking of Old Skool(!)

Cheers Fellas.
    01-25-17 10:01 AM
    Inside the world of Android Auto, Linux and Qnx . Complimentary, rival or both.? An article back in 2016 which gives an overview of the systems today, from the Director of Google's Car Strategy.

" If you want an advanced ADAS system, I would not advise you to choose Android today. That's not what Linux and Android were built for. QNX runs in so many safety critical systems from airplanes to automotive, I think they could be quite complementary, and I think you will see instances where cars run both."

Google's Director of Android Engineering Talks About Its Car Strategy | Fortune.com
    01-25-17 11:17 AM
    I've been a supporter of Chen, errors et al. But this just validates his vision or at least supports his case.

LG Reports $224 Million Loss, Mobile to Blame & A Lesson to Learn? - UTB Blogs
    Corbu, morganplus8, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    01-25-17 12:31 PM
    I've been a supporter of Chen, errors et al. But this just validates his vision or at least supports his case.

LG Reports $224 Million Loss, Mobile to Blame & A Lesson to Learn? - UTB Blogs
    But, but LG, Blackberry, Nokia, HTC, Microsoft, etc just need to market more (billions of dollars) and sell handsets at a loss to get their handset business going. I believe that is what the fantasyland BB10 fanboys have been saying for years. "Chen just does not get it", yeah right? The handset business is a loser for the most part, and thank God Chen understands this The general public does not gives a rats *** what phone people are using anymore.
    01-25-17 12:50 PM
    Speaking of auto, could anyone please explain why MBLY is worth of over 9 Billion with 90 million revenue per quarter while BlackBerry which should have 50 million revenue per quarter, and is valued liked nothing? I am trying to do some homework on ADAS and autonomous driving. I thought BlackBerry should have more advantage. When will BlackBerry show significant revenue on QNX?

M8, I know you are an expert and an auto industry insider? Could you elaborate more on these?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry for not getting back to you sooner Andy bb king,

The short of it is that MBLY has partnered themselves with all the right players:
    Mobileye, Tesla Upgraded As EVs, Driverless Cars Roll Along | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD

They are already profitable at current growth rates, they are growing the business to the point of closing the gap between a company with an absurd P/E to that of one with a reasonable P/E ratio. Their sector is growing at a 10% plus rate but they are beating on QoQ estimates each quarter so big money is banking on them as though they had an Amazon Corp. like status. Amazon grew revenues at the expense of earnings whereas MBLY is growing into their space while retaining earnings.

BlackBerry is also growing within their space but it isn't clear if anything will flow to the bottom line. They are projected to earn $ 138 MM in revenues for 2018E but I would suspect that none of this revenue will flow to the bottom line. At some point their exposure to ADAS might be the catalyst for stock appreciation:
    QNX UNVEILS NEW SOFTWARE PLATFORM FOR ADAS AND AUTOMATED DRIVING

If the platform that they are developing is critical to MBLY and its ADAS roll out, and by this I mean they control the embedded market over which companies like MBLY layer their products, BB will charge superior per unit pricing and the stock will soar. BlackBerry needs to dominate their space in this sector and it might start to occur late this year. There are analysts who claim that BB can charge $ 5 - $ 15 per vehicle and that level of pricing is an indication that they have pricing freedom coming soon.

What I like about MBLY is that they announce their partnerships; BB could learn to do the same and to be more forthcoming with their position within this space. Today we spend too much time talking about HW and not enough time talking about locking down security in all of their venues. As for growth, BMLY shows growth and profits in their sector, BB could announce better than its sector % growth in software/services similar to last years 30% growth and we would be moving up on that alone. For now, we aren't hearing anything from the company to point to as the growth engine for BlackBerry. We need to get past the SAF problem, the software/services real growth stagnation when you breakout Good Tech., and the need to acquire assets to build out their position within their space. MOBL isn't worth anything near $ 4.40/shr and yet it is there because of the glimmer of hope that they can compete. As long as they are raising revenue forecasts, BB will be thought of as the one under pressure here.
    sidhuk, La Emperor, Corbu and 9 others like this.
    01-25-17 01:12 PM
    On an off topic note, let's take a moment to note the passing of bungaboy, as we were informed earlier today.

Kenneth “Ken” George Anderson - Port Hawkesbury Reporter

I know he was a regular contributor to the conversation, and wanted to let everyone know.
    01-25-17 02:29 PM
    Guys,
    Today is a very, very sad day.
    I can hardly tell this by myself and maybe, it's better that way.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/genera...gaboy-1098289/
    01-25-17 02:31 PM
    At the moment I'm at a loss for words. Ken was a great guy and will be sorely missed. I, and others here, had the pleasure of chatting nearly daily in a BBM Group for the last number of years. Man... this is tough. RIP my friend.
    01-25-17 02:48 PM
    I heard about it a few minutes ago through BBM and am still stunned. He used to BBM a group of us regularly until recently, but no one knew he was sick. I am heartbroken. I can't do my work, so I am going home now.
    01-25-17 02:49 PM
    I heard about it a few minutes ago through BBM and am still stunned. He used to BBM a group of us regularly until recently, but no one knew he was sick. I am heartbroken. I can't do my work, so I am going home now.
    Same here..I've been wondering where he's been the last few days as he typically does not miss a day without saying hi..
    Last week, the 19th he helped me upgrade my Passport to 10.3.3 using Sochesi. These were your last words Ken...

"XXXXX you can use Sachesi program and load 10.3.3 on your Telus Passport in non destructive update. It's easy. I can help you if you want. Just shout. "

Last edited by La Emperor; 01-25-17 at 05:08 PM.
    01-25-17 03:06 PM
    This is very sad news!

Posted via CB10
    01-25-17 03:29 PM
    This is sad to hear. Bunga was always pleasant and funny. I wish I knew him in person. Thanks for the link BergerKing.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, masterful, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    01-25-17 08:00 PM
    You will be greatly missed, Mr. Ken. You were one of a kind and left a lasting impression. RIP.

kadakn01, CDM76, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    01-25-17 09:34 PM
    Terrible news, his contribution will never forgotten RIP my uncle Ken

Posted via CB10
    01-25-17 09:44 PM
    Rest in peace bungaboy. Condolences to all of his family and friends. I didn't know him personally like so many of you but he definitely was lively and kept things interesting and fun.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, sidhuk, OlympusMons and 3 others like this.
    01-25-17 09:54 PM
    My condolences to Bunga's family. He will be greatly missed.
    Whenever I saw his name on top of the post, I looked forward to reading it.

He had a great perspective on things and was able to contribute and pack a punch when needed.

Rip Ken
    Corbu, sidhuk, OlympusMons and 2 others like this.
    01-25-17 10:37 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1485405137823.jpg

Young Ken aka bungaboy

Posted via CB10
    01-25-17 10:58 PM
113,252 ... 40354036403740384039 ...