01-04-17 02:19 PM
    01-04-17 02:38 PM
    Side comments at TCL livestream

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ces.JPG 
Views:	737 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	415333
    Boy were they disappointed.... It was all about TVs.

Have been a number of "first looks" released today on the device that is still code named "Mercury". Most have stated that it is a non-production model and that specs and appearance may change.... and Engadget said that TCL expect to release more info at MWC in Feb.

So CES is just more of a tease.... than a launch.
    01-04-17 02:45 PM
    01-04-17 04:11 PM
    01-04-17 04:11 PM
    JC at CES

Self-Driving Cars: New Rules of the Road
    presented by Consumer Technology Association
    10:15-11:15 AM January 6
    LVCC, North Hall, N257

Self-driving cars need a roadmap of their own to succeed in what’s been, until now, uncharted territory. Learn how automobile companies, hardware and software developers are working together to bring these vehicles to market, and what steps are needed to ensure consumer safety and confidence in a formerly futuristic technology.

Moderator Mike Snider, Reporter, USA Today
    Speaker John Chen, Executive Chairman & CEO, BlackBerry
    Speaker Doug Davis, SVP and General Manager, Automated Driving Group, Intel Corporation
    Speaker Dr. Itay Gat, Senior VP Production Programs, Mobileye
    Watch Live:
    SuperSessions Live Stream - CES 2017
    01-04-17 05:12 PM
    Happy New Year, gang!!!

OT: Halozyme Announces Phase 2 Study In Advanced Pancreas Cancer Meets Key Endpoints

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/halozy...120000714.html

SAN DIEGO, Jan. 5, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. (HALO) today reported topline results from the combined analysis of Stages 1 and 2 and Stage 2 alone of its HALO 202 study, a Phase 2 randomized, multi-center clinical trial of lead investigational drug PEGPH20 in combination with ABRAXANE® (nab-paclitaxel) and gemcitabine in stage IV pancreas cancer patients.

Among the findings, the overall study population showed a statistically significant increase in progression-free survival (PFS) in patients with high levels of hyaluronan (HA-High) treated with PEGPH20 plus ABRAXANE and gemcitabine when compared to HA-High patients receiving ABRAXANE and gemcitabine alone. Stage 2 of the study, which completed enrollment in February 2016, showed a 91 percent improvement in median PFS for HA-High patients in the PEGPH20 arm, 8.6 months compared to 4.5 months in the control arm, and achieved its primary endpoint to evaluate and demonstrate a reduction in the rate of thromboembolic events in the PEGPH20 arm.

"These findings confirm our confidence in the development of PEGPH20 in this difficult to treat cancer," said Dr. Helen Torley, president and CEO. "We are pleased by the overall consistency of both the efficacy and safety data which are supportive of our ongoing Phase 3 clinical trial, HALO 301, currently underway at more than 160 sites worldwide."
    01-05-17 07:10 AM
    Happy New Year, gang!!!

OT: Halozyme Announces Phase 2 Study In Advanced Pancreas Cancer Meets Key Endpoints

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/halozy...120000714.html
    Pre-market +16%. Not far from 20usd target .

Posted via CB10
    OlympusMons likes this.
    01-05-17 07:49 AM
    OT: HALO

Hi Morgan,
    I have been going through the Presentation (http://www.halozyme.com/files/doc_pr...tion_Final.pdf) and I would be curious to get your thoughts on this morning's news, if/when you have a minute. Not everyone seems to be impressed: What Passes For Positive Data | In the Pipeline
    Thanks!
    01-05-17 09:26 AM
    01-05-17 09:38 AM
    Blackberry To Get Separate Management Team In OZ | channelnews

He claims that the new models which are set to go on sale in Australia in the second quarter of 2017...
    The BlackBerry smartphone’s name and final details will be officially disclosed at the Mobile World Congress 2017 in Barcelona next month.
    01-05-17 10:43 AM
    OT: HALO

Hi Morgan,
    I have been going through the Presentation (http://www.halozyme.com/files/doc_pr...tion_Final.pdf) and I would be curious to get your thoughts on this morning's news, if/when you have a minute. Not everyone seems to be impressed: What Passes For Positive Data | In the Pipeline
    Thanks!
    Anything for you Corbu! This is the stock that I have been loading up on this past month so its fair to say I'm interested in the data today.

I'll keep it short here, you know that the Stage 1 data was interrupted a couple of years ago due to TE related issues. At the same time, the company discovered that HA-High was a better target group for this study when it presumed. They introduced more HA High patients into the trial as well as addressed the TE issue with the FDA. From there, we moved into a Stage 2 formulation of patient treatment and the focus became more to do with the portion of the HA-High group versus the overall study itself. I had no problem with the transition to an open label study but "certain" bloggers did. To start over and make it anything else would have taken up a great deal of time and funds, and to my way of thinking, totally unnecessary. Fast forward to today, if you look at the Stage 2 results for HA-High patients the data is excellent indeed. Why would you include the Stage 1 with TE in that data? I don't know the author of the negative response, I think he is being very selective here though. I do know about Adam's work and I dismissed him a long time ago as "not a person that only looks at the data from an open mind". I have been reading the work of Fezziwig and he gets it. This data is not NDA data, it would be a surprise to everyone if they could stop everything and file an NDA today. The stock would be over $ 20.00/shr if this were so and to make any comment to this effect is ridiculous. We are over 10 MM shares traded right now on solid data. We need to hear more from the company at this point but there is no denying that the data is excellent. I often say that big news days are days when large holdings get moved around and they don't really reflect the true value of the company. If I have 5 MM shares to sell, I need a day like today to sell them, regardless of the news. The fact that there is someone out there to catch the shares speaks volumes about the data.

AndyBiotech is looking at the page 10 data to make his point and that page has zero bearing on the data. It makes you wonder out loud what the agenda is here for some of these guys.

To conclude, I don't care that it is open-label, I don't look at the Stage 1 & Stage 2 data together, it makes no sense. I look at the revisions that make up the Stage 2 data for HA-High and I really like what I see. I would ask whether any of the negative comments are coming from those who actually have a vested interest in the company itself. Not likely. Let the volume drop back and give the CEO a chance to speak about the data and what they can do with it from here. It could get fast tracked and surprise a ton of people as it is showing safety data that is excellent and a marked improvement in time lived, what more does the FDA need in order to green light this one against a terrible cancer profile?
    01-05-17 10:44 AM
    SO if QNX is so great, why is Ford going with Alexa?
    Ford Expands Alexa Use, Heating Up Personal Assistant Battle | Fortune.com
    01-05-17 10:45 AM
    Many thanks, Morgan. Much appreciated.
    01-05-17 11:08 AM
    QNX is the operating system, Alexa is an app. Get it?
    01-05-17 11:43 AM
    http://www.marketwired.com/press-rel...ry-2186549.htm
    BlackBerry and Giuliani Partners Join Forces to Combat Cyber Threats

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA--(Marketwired - Jan. 5, 2017) - International CES 2017 - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB) today announced that BlackBerry Secure has been selected by Giuliani Partners as the underlying software platform to support the firm's cybersecurity consulting services for government and enterprise customers. Under the partnership, Giuliani Partners will take advantage of BlackBerry's leadership in secure mobile communications technology to assess infrastructures, identify potential cyber security vulnerabilities, address gaps and secure endpoints with the goal of offering another channel to bring customers to a new standard of security. This partnership provides an opportunity for BlackBerry to further expand its channels of distribution as the company moves aggressively into the security software business.

As networks, devices and workflows become increasingly connected, executives and board members are demanding the most secure solutions to keep their information, infrastructure and employees protected. According to a recent BlackBerry study, nearly 90 percent of IT executives worry about potential hacks and 50 percent of these executives predict they will experience more security breaches through mobile devices.

"Businesses must be able to confidentially and reliably transmit sensitive data between endpoints to keep people, information and goods safe," said John Chen, Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, BlackBerry. "We are pleased to be working closely with Giuliani Partners to offer BlackBerry Secure products and services to new customers in the fight against cybersecurity threats."

The team at Giuliani Partners has extensive experience in advising an exclusive group of organizations in diverse areas related to leadership, management, market expansion, cybersecurity, safety and crisis management.

"Giuliani Partners' deep experience in crime reduction, security and anti-terrorism consulting, real time threat identification, investigations and physical and cyber security, combined with BlackBerry's industry leadership and ongoing product innovation will enable corporations to set a new standard for being cyber secure," said Rudy Giuliani, Chairman and CEO of Giuliani Partners.

This new venture with Giuliani Partners signifies BlackBerry's continued momentum as a leading innovator in security software and services. BlackBerry is the only Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) vendor to receive Full Operational Capability (FOC) for US DoD.
    01-05-17 12:06 PM

Published on Jan 5, 2017
    Today is the first day of CES 2017 and we couldn’t be happier to unveil what we’ve been working on. This year we are directly addressing the two largest trends in the automotive industry – connected and autonomous cars.
    01-05-17 12:41 PM

Published on Jan 5, 2017
    For CES 2017 we set an ambitious goal to build an autonomous car with Renesas and the University of Waterloo that would run on automotive grade software and hardware. See the results of our collaborative effort.
    morganplus8, sidhuk, W Hoa and 7 others like this.
    01-05-17 12:58 PM
    01-05-17 01:25 PM
    JC and Rudy Giuliani were just on Bloomberg. Will try and post video later.

Update:
    There we go...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/video...rs-join-forces
    BlackBerry and Giuliani Partners Join Forces

Former Mayor of New York City Rudy Giuliani, CEO of Giuliani Partners, and BlackBerry CEO John Chen discuss their partnership to combat cyber threats, Russia’s alleged interference in the U.S. presidential election, government regulation in the private sector and President-elect Donald Trump’s choice of former Exxon Mobil chief Rex Tillerson to run the State Department. They speak on “Bloomberg Markets” from the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. (Source: Bloomberg)
    Last edited by Corbu; 01-05-17 at 02:31 PM.
    01-05-17 01:50 PM
    when is the last time i have seen blackberry/JC given over 12 minutes on a major network? Good find.
    01-05-17 04:18 PM
    01-05-17 06:10 PM
    QNX operating system puts BlackBerry in the driver’s seat for the car-tech revolution | Financial Post

LAS VEGAS • BlackBerry Ltd.’s new automotive operating system has the potential to increase the company’s in-vehicle presence as much as 10-fold, according to the head of its QNX automotive software division.

And as manufacturers scramble to develop autonomous features for their vehicles, BlackBerry QNX also sees an opportunity to cut out the middleman — in this case, large, Tier 1 suppliers — and work directly with the major automakers to provide the secure software they’ll need.

At the CES tech show in Las Vegas this week, BlackBerry announced a new operating system for the automotive industry that “can run highly complex software, including neural networks and artificial intelligence algorithms.”

Currently, most in-vehicle software is a series of separate components — blind-spot detection, lane-keep assist, pedestrian recognition — that aren’t able to talk to each other, said John Wall, senior vice-president and head of BlackBerry QNX.

“The software that’s in the car today, all these discrete components developed on very primitive operating systems … it’s not up to the task of what’s being asked of the vehicle in the future,” Wall said in an interview at CES. “That’s why you need an operating system like we’ve developed to be able to handle that complexity.”

This dramatically increases the range of in-vehicle features that could use QNX software in the future, he added.

“What we’re talking about here is eight or nine or 10 modules that all have the potential to be running our software,” compared to one or two today, Wall said.

BlackBerry may be best known for its rise and fall as a handset maker, but it has quietly become a major player in the vehicle software space through its 2010 acquisition of QNX Software Systems, which commands more than half of the rapidly growing market for in-vehicle infotainment and can be found in more than 60 million vehicles today. The company is now focused on developing a “software foundation” for autonomous cars and announced last month that it will open a research centre for self-driving vehicles in Ottawa.

Recently, BlackBerry also announced that it will work with Ford Motor Co. to develop automotive software, the first time it has cut out the middleman to work directly with an automaker.

Ford already uses QNX software for its Sync infotainment system, but had previously bought it through Panasonic Corp.

Wall said he’s talking to “most” major automakers about similar arrangements.

“In this new world of autonomous drive and active safety, my belief is the (original equipment manufacturer) wants and is going to play a larger role,” he said.

“I think with autonomous drive, the OEM feels it’s as important a feature as a transmission, an engine, a chassis. They want to own that, they’re not going to give that to anybody.”

BlackBerry already has a reputation for security, and Wall said the new operating system will be “probably more secure than any system in the world.”

The company also announced Thursday that it has been selected by Giuliani Partners LLC, former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani’s consulting firm, to provide software for its cyber-security consulting services for government and corporate customers.
    01-05-17 06:16 PM
    Happy Friday, gang. Just dropping in for some general BBRY commentary since I haven't commented on the stock much lately.

Once again, the stock price is a complete disappointment...what else is new? We ruined a perfectly good trend going into the December ER and Chen gave us some positive data, yet the SP came crashing down into the $6's while the DJIA hit an all time high... ouch! I don't expect it to stay this low for long because I believe BlackBerry is fundamentally performing well, and now they are operationally profitable. Yes, we need to reverse the declining revenues trend, but I like the business strategy and execution. We are well positioned in the connected/automated vehicle market, now let's see that translate into revenue. The software business is hitting its mark and is getting close to replacing SAF revenues. Chen raised guidance on margins. We have some hope with Radar. And now, we have a new phone being released any day now, which look like the most beautiful device I've ever seen, which means it will end up being a complete flop, with glowing reviews, that everyone will bash and drive the stock price down as a result even though BlackBerry has zero exposure since they are no longer making or marketing their own devices.

I've been wrong about this before, but I'd say Wall St is running out of reasons to suppress this stock price. I think good things are in store for 2017. This is my non-scientific biased opinion. As most of us know there are so many other factors to consider here including market conditions. It will be interesting but I'm staying optimistic. Good luck all.

PS - It's been a while since we've heard from Mr. M8 and I'd love to know his thoughts on what its going to take to turn this puppy around and when we might expect that to happen. Thanks guys for the great consistent content on this thread. Keep up the good work. Peace out!
    01-06-17 05:48 AM
113,256 ... 40294030403140324033 ...