View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Edit : No Likes available with Opera Browser... Is it the same for you?
    I recently had a similar problem, Christophe: I had to disable Adblock Plus to recover them, strangely, as well as the capacity to post. GL!
    morganplus8, rarsen and sidhuk like this.
    11-21-16 10:03 AM
    OT: Samsung: Don't freak out about exploding Galaxy S7s

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/21/tech...ory=technology
    11-21-16 10:05 AM
    I recently had a similar problem, Christophe: I had to disable Adblock Plus to recover them, strangely, as well as the capacity to post. GL!

Well, I've white listed Crackberry since a long time now...

Perhaps Ghostery? I try...

Edit : Well no... but be sure I read and like all your contributions guys (and girls?)

And I love you too!
    11-21-16 10:21 AM
    11-21-16 11:06 AM
    OT: Galaxy Note 7 recall did not damage Samsung brand in U.S.: poll

The poll found that Samsung's customers were fiercely loyal to their brand. Some 91 per cent of current Samsung users would likely purchase another Samsung smartphone, and 92 per cent of current users would probably buy another Samsung product in general.

That was similar to the brand loyalty among current iPhone owners: 92 per cent would likely buy another iPhone and 89 per cent would likely buy another Apple product.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/rep...service=mobile
    I was in Costco over the weekend on two occasions. Both times I walked by the cell phone area and sales guys were having to explain the customer was not getting the Note 7.

They were still being sold a Samsung because sales people sell only sell Samsung or Apple. Sad.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    11-21-16 11:33 AM
    Hope this is going to be big in wiping clean the inventories.
    11-21-16 11:49 AM
    Hope this is going to be big in wiping clean the inventories.
    I just picked up a Priv...figured I'd take a foray into the Android world. I really wanted to wait for the Mercury, but couldn't pass up this pricing. Really don't want to leave BB10 and probably won't but ill see how the Priv works w/in the 30 day return period.

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    11-21-16 11:56 AM
    Any body here have the Priv, and your overall thoughts? I read in other articles/forums that ppl said the Dtek 60 ran much smoother

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    11-21-16 11:57 AM
    Any body here have the Priv, and your overall thoughts? I read in other articles/forums that ppl said the Dtek 60 ran much smoother

I have the Priv, and have tested the DTEK 60.

The DTEK definitely runs smoother, and has a longer lasting battery life (although the size of Priv's is 400 mAh bigger).

Priv uses a snapdragon 808 processor whereas DTEK uses the 820. The 820 makes the DTEK run much more fluid when compared to the Priv.

I've noticed that the DTEK 60 doesn't have the heat throttling issue found on the Priv and runs much cooler under heavy use.

If having a physical keyboard is not super important to you, the DTEK 60 is definitely the better phone.

Note: If you disable animation settings, your Priv will run a lot smoother http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...tions-1051944/
    ZayDub, morganplus8, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    11-21-16 12:57 PM

Priv is underpowered, dtek60 is probably the better choice
    ZayDub likes this.
    11-21-16 01:15 PM
    I have the Priv, and have tested the DTEK 60.

The DTEK definitely runs smoother, and has a longer lasting battery life (although the size of Priv's is 400 mAh bigger).

Priv uses a snapdragon 808 processor whereas DTEK uses the 820. The 820 makes the DTEK run much more fluid when compared to the Priv.

I've noticed that the DTEK 60 doesn't have the heat throttling issue found on the Priv and runs much cooler under heavy use.

If having a physical keyboard is not super important to you, the DTEK 60 is definitely the better phone.

Note: If you disable animation settings, your Priv will run a lot smoother http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...tions-1051944/
    Thank you very much! Do you think the Priv is a good value at the 300$ USD price point? Keyboard is important to me -- I hate relying on glass to type. This is my first venture into an android phone, would this device be a good experience overall?

11-21-16 01:38 PM
    Priv is great device. Have been using it for secondary device along with my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub and masterful like this.
    11-21-16 01:45 PM
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BNFZBt_Dd5J/

Once upon a time, BlackBerry was a giant in the land of smart phones. We invented much of what the smart phone is today and we built one of the world’s most globally recognized brands. But more than that, we developed a strong emotional connection with our customers that persists even today. You love us.

But the market changed. Apple introduced the iPhone. Google brought Android to market. Suddenly competition was everywhere and moving fast. We weren’t fast enough. We lost our grip and fell behind. But all the while we continued to innovate in connected security and mobility, especially in software rather than hardware.

That’s when our board brought in a new CEO. John Chen joined us as our leader in 2013 after a very successful stint turning around Sybase. He recognized our legacy and believed that BlackBerry could be a leader again, but this time by taking advantage of our software, security and mobility assets and phasing out the in-house manufacturing, distribution and marketing of handsets. And we are nearly there. In addition to our new leadership and the focus on software, we are also blessed with the market conditions to win. The time is right for BlackBerry to be a leader again.

#SoftwareIsTheNewBlackBerry #TeamBlackBerry
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-15034557_947650478700362_8080901351615234048_n.jpg
    W Hoa, rarsen, La Emperor and 10 others like this.
    11-21-16 02:34 PM
    @ZayDub I think it depends on how you use your phone. Last year's SD808 and 810 were terrible processors and I think when we move forward a few years those 2 will be looked back on as steps backward. The 820 and 821 fixed a lot of what was wrong with those 2.

My experience with the Priv was that it is not a good phone. I went through 4 of them the first 3 had hardware problems and the 4th was plagued by the problems of the 808 processor. If you like to multitask the Priv doesn't. Having the phone in the car playing a podcast or play music, with Maps on get a phone call and the phone locks or crashes. Battery life was not good for me. I kept hoping software updates would improve the phone but it never did and when OnePlus came out with the OP3 for 399 I went with it and haven't looked back and I bet the experience with the DTEK60 would be similar as well.

I've found it interesting that Jerry Hillenbrand and Russel Holley at Android Central love the Priv, but if you listen to the BerryFlow podcast you'd hear that Alex Bass had the same complaints on the phone as I do.

If you aren't a big into having multiple apps open at the same time the Priv is ok and I understand your need for the keyboard. If it were me I would not hesitate the decision is easy to get the DTEK60 its a much better phone.
    ZayDub and OlympusMons like this.
    11-21-16 03:14 PM
    @ZayDub I think it depends on how you use your phone. Last year's SD808 and 810 were terrible processors and I think when we move forward a few years those 2 will be looked back on as steps backward. The 820 and 821 fixed a lot of what was wrong with those 2.

My experience with the Priv was that it is not a good phone. I went through 4 of them the first 3 had hardware problems and the 4th was plagued by the problems of the 808 processor. If you like to multitask the Priv doesn't. Having the phone in the car playing a podcast or play music, with Maps on get a phone call and the phone locks or crashes. Battery life was not good for me. I kept hoping software updates would improve the phone but it never did and when OnePlus came out with the OP3 for 399 I went with it and haven't looked back and I bet the experience with the DTEK60 would be similar as well.

I've found it interesting that Jerry Hillenbrand and Russel Holley at Android Central love the Priv, but if you listen to the BerryFlow podcast you'd hear that Alex Bass had the same complaints on the phone as I do.

If you aren't a big into having multiple apps open at the same time the Priv is ok and I understand your need for the keyboard. If it were me I would not hesitate the decision is easy to get the DTEK60 its a much better phone.
    Thanks for the detailed response! I'm new to the specs dept as it relates to android phones...I want to like the Priv but reviews seem mixed. Really want the Mercury but I don't think that will be flagship either

randall2580 likes this.
    11-21-16 03:52 PM
    Thank you very much! Do you think the Priv is a good value at the 300$ USD price point? Keyboard is important to me -- I hate relying on glass to type. This is my first venture into an android phone, would this device be a good experience overall?

For me, a Priv at $300 USD (I just saw the killer ShopBlackBerry deal) is really a steal. I like the Priv, and would recommend it to anyone that wants the keyboard experience. Looking at randall2580's reply, some people did really get a bad batch of Priv's. Mine has held up fairly well, the only complaint is the occasional heating issue. Mine doesn't crash or anything like that (disclaimer: I am on the latest beta build).

I say definitely play around with the phone and see how you like it. It's a good phone and the heating issues can be minimized. Some apps like Snapchat are really unoptimized for android, and applications like that cause hanging/lagging issues a lot more than it would normally.

Note: Seeing that you're coming from a Passport, the battery life is definitely not as strong. When I used to own a passport, I could go almost a day and a half on one charge. Priv lasts me about 12 hours of moderate use.

I hope you like it!
    morganplus8, ZayDub, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    11-21-16 04:34 PM
    For me, a Priv at $300 USD (I just saw the killer ShopBlackBerry deal) is really a steal. I like the Priv, and would recommend it to anyone that wants the keyboard experience. Looking at randall2580's reply, some people did really get a bad batch of Priv's. Mine has held up fairly well, the only complaint is the occasional heating issue. Mine doesn't crash or anything like that (disclaimer: I am on the latest beta build).

I say definitely play around with the phone and see how you like it. It's a good phone and the heating issues can be minimized. Some apps like Snapchat are really unoptimized for android, and applications like that cause hanging/lagging issues a lot more than it would normally.

Note: Seeing that you're coming from a Passport, the battery life is definitely not as strong. When I used to own a passport, I could go almost a day and a half on one charge. Priv lasts me about 12 hours of moderate use.

I hope you like it!
    Thanks I appreciate all the insights! I'll def reach out to you if I have any additional questions, if you don't mind! Thanks again!

rampagingpanda likes this.
    11-21-16 05:45 PM
    Thanks I appreciate all the insights! I'll def reach out to you if I have any additional questions, if you don't mind! Thanks again!

No worries, I'm happy to help! Definitely feel free to reach out if you have any questions.
    ZayDub likes this.
    11-21-16 06:12 PM

Hey,

I bought the PRIV in the spring. But couldn't come to swap the Sim from my Passport SE to the priv. The passport was just so awesome, so I carried both and used pp Hotspot to use the priv.

I use a lot of apps for business, sip phones, security cams, solar panel software, the priv obviously runs the android apps way better

Ultimately, I went full time priv, and the passport is now plugged in to a charger and used for BlackBerry blend only

Buuuuttttt, I just got the dtek60 a few weeks back.... It is hand over fist better than priv. (I never used the priv pkb, even though I obviously love pkbs, but the priv pkb is just too small coming from the pp, and opening it up is actually a pain )

The dtek60 is way faster, smoother and the camera seems on par with the priv, and front camera of course way better on dtek60

Battery, dtek60 has a smaller battery, but last longer and the quick charge is crazy Fast. 12% to 100% in under an hour.

Dtek60 is also noticeably lighter and screen seems brighter too

I would get the dtek60, and if that new pkb android ever comes out, with same or better specs than dtek60, than yes, I will be getting that one asap

With the hub and calendar updates, the android experience is getting better all the time

Also, finger print sensor on the dtek60 is a nice feature too

Hope that helps

Ps, we need some news on SPHS , it's range bound.
    11-21-16 07:01 PM
    Hey,

I bought the PRIV in the spring. But couldn't come to swap the Sim from my Passport SE to the priv. The passport was just so awesome, so I carried both and used pp Hotspot to use the priv.

I use a lot of apps for business, sip phones, security cams, solar panel software, the priv obviously runs the android apps way better

Ultimately, I went full time priv, and the passport is now plugged in to a charger and used for BlackBerry blend only

Buuuuttttt, I just got the dtek60 a few weeks back.... It is hand over fist better than priv. (I never used the priv pkb, even though I obviously love pkbs, but the priv pkb is just too small coming from the pp, and opening it up is actually a pain )

The dtek60 is way faster, smoother and the camera seems on par with the priv, and front camera of course way better on dtek60

Battery, dtek60 has a smaller battery, but last longer and the quick charge is crazy Fast. 12% to 100% in under an hour.

Dtek60 is also noticeably lighter and screen seems brighter too

I would get the dtek60, and if that new pkb android ever comes out, with same or better specs than dtek60, than yes, I will be getting that one asap

With the hub and calendar updates, the android experience is getting better all the time

Also, finger print sensor on the dtek60 is a nice feature too

Hope that helps

Ps, we need some news on SPHS , it's range bound.
    Thanks for sharing your opinion! Yea I've read that the D60 runs a lot smoother -- I've always liked the idea of the Priv since one wouldn't have to sacrifice screen real estate for a keyboard, and to be honest, when trying it out in stores it didn't appeal to me -- but I somewhat think that's bc it's tethered and one doesn't get the same feel. I also couldn't justify an 800$ phone when I recently purchased 2 bb10 phones. But for $300, I think it's worth the risk. If I'm not satisfied ill return it w/in the 30 day window.

Ideally, I wanted to wait til the Mercury came out but who knows when that will be. I really am satisfied with BB10 but it would be nice to have a fully functional phone and be able to experience all the modern latest and greatest fads on mobile. If the Dteks had a keyboard I'd be on board, if the Priv didn't have one I wouldn't be on board lol. I can't wait to see what the Mercury offers.

Also not a fan of all the data mining on android and needing an app for core functions out of the box. First thing I'm doing is getting all of the BlackBerry apps I can. Weird that the more I talk about the Priv the less I'm actually wanting one now haha - this was entirely an impulse purchase (I don't make many of those). Guess we'll see how it goes

farmwersteve likes this.
    11-21-16 08:14 PM
    fanBBRY, rarsen, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    11-22-16 07:18 AM
    BlackBerry Dtek60 unboxing

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    11-22-16 09:16 AM
    11-22-16 12:49 PM
    OT: More problems coming up for Apple.

Simply Watching A Video Can Crash Your iPhone or iPad
    sidhuk, Corbu, morganplus8 and 3 others like this.
    11-22-16 01:32 PM
    OT interesting reading for after-hours:

Your car will be recalled in 2017 thanks to poor open-source security | ZDNet
    "A typical new car now contains over 100 million lines of code, and together with an internet connection, vulnerabilities are likely to be found. Security experts believe yet another open-source software security catastrophe is on the horizon -- but this time, your car is the target. "
    11-22-16 04:11 PM
113,256 ... 40134014401540164017 ...