View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    11-18-16 12:30 PM
    Are there dots to be connected here? "Wang Jing, the head of autonomous car development at Baidu, told Reuters the company was now using cars from Ford's Lincoln in its U.S. testing, declining to elaborate."
    11-18-16 12:41 PM
    I though Samsung were bound to buy BlackBerry, but now it seems very unlikely.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/11/15/sa...-technologies/
    11-18-16 03:54 PM
    Just some odds and ends here:

MOBL has a 12 month underwriter established target of $ 3.00/shr and is currently trading at $ 4.00/shr, if it gets an offer, it will likely be around 20% above $ 3.00/shr, or, nothing near its current price.

Good Tech was set to do an IPO at $ 850 MM and went out at $ 425 MM.

The Samsung deal is ongoing, Apple could step in at any time and counter their bid. Let's see if anybody else wants to buy this company more than Samsung.

BlackBerry is controlled by Prem Watsa who owns 16.9% of the outstanding shares and his average cost is close to $ 13.00/shr. John Chen holds stock options with an exercise price of $ 8.85/shr and he has publicly stated he wouldn't entertain offers below $ 15.00/shr for the company. You must know that BBRY won't be going out for less than what Chen and Prem agree to, its that simple. This is a negative for the current price of the stock as there is no hope of a buyout at these levels so it trades at a discount to its intrinsic value today.

There is zero correlation between companies and M&A activity, there is no "average" percent offered above the current stock price. Some M&A involve the buyer purchasing 10% of the outstanding shares and then releasing their intentions for the investment or buyout as per the law. If someone bought BBRY, i.e. 10% of it right now, the stock would be much higher than it is today; then the offer would come from that.

As for the stock, it broke above its 50-dma and its 200-dma which is bullish, it also hit an RSI = 70 at $ 7.83/shr today, causing a sell signal. Right now, it is confirming the breakout above its 50-dma while backing and filling the over-bought target it hit earlier. Look for it to confirm the breakout, then rally from here into the RSI O/B levels again.

Good luck as we are entering the sweet zone for equity investments now with tax loss selling basically over and position squaring ends this month for most funds.
    Hi Morgan,

So no competitor is currently willing to make an offer of 7,85 billion USD - or 15 USD per share - for the entire company? Isn't this a sign that there are still significant uncertainties about the position BlackBerry is in?

I for one am having difficulties believing that a companies stock would trade at a discount to its true value, just because there is this perception that any offer below 15 USD per share would get shot down.

What is the companies true value anyway, if there are so many changes being made to the business model? Should we trade at a 50 percent discount to its potential 'gets sold' price? Or are suitors just not that certain about pursuing BlackBerry...?

I find it very hard to believe that if Microsoft came out now and stated they'd buy the company for 13 USD per share, that they would not get the entire company in the 13-15 USD per share range.

The problem with BlackBerry is, that there is always 'something', a downside within their business that makes it impossible for them to play out a momentum they're having. I hoped that MDM/EMM would put them ahead of the competition again, but it seems Airwatch is doing a better job with a less secure product. Even MobileIron is still an option for customers. Now all eyes are on QNX, which still isn't generating enough to be their next growth engine.

JC will still go ahead with the launch of the Mercury phone. And you know why? "Because he had promised it." What a strange strategy that is? He promised shareholder returns too, but so far...?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by _dimi_; 11-19-16 at 09:28 AM.
    CDM76 likes this.
    11-19-16 08:58 AM
    That is the most pessimistic I've ever heard you, _dimi! Although I agree that the markets attitude towards BlackBerry is perplexing, I truly feel they have turned a corner lately.

Phones are becoming irrelevant, even to the harshest critics and BlackBerry is doing okay at the MDM game. Realistically though, MDM is just a prelude to the big prize, connected devices, which BlackBerry is still standing strong on. QNX seems to be finally warming up, and we have a foot in the door with medical and transportation tracking systems. All while our competitors struggle to gather their solutions.

Stay strong, my friend. We've come a long way and are just getting started.
    11-19-16 09:56 AM
    That is the most pessimistic I've ever heard you, _dimi! Although I agree that the markets attitude towards BlackBerry is perplexing, I truly feel they have turned a corner lately.

Phones are becoming irrelevant, even to the harshest critics and BlackBerry is doing okay at the MDM game. Realistically though, MDM is just a prelude to the big prize, connected devices, which BlackBerry is still standing strong on. QNX seems to be finally warming up, and we have a foot in the door with medical and transportation tracking systems. All while our competitors struggle to gather their solutions.

Stay strong, my friend. We've come a long way and are just getting started.
    Thanks, I really hope so. I know the hardware doesn't bring much/any risks. And the Dtek60 is supposed to be a real game changer. But once he took that decision to 'quit' hardware, introducing new stuff only complicates the story. And it could point out that JC's alternate hardware strategy won't have an impact on their bottom line any time soon. He's buying time, again. And that's something I'm becoming very tired of seeing. Aside from justifying why we should be trading at higher levels... :-)

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, Corbu and Superfly_FR like this.
    11-19-16 10:22 AM
    He's buying time, again. And that's something I'm becoming very tired of seeing.
    You speak for a lot of us on that issue. However.....if you want to take the longer view, or just exit BBRY for a few years, there is a changing view out there. From an article earlier this month:

As for what it means overall, Stofega said: "You can't predict anything, anything can happen, but if there's one thing to bet on, it would be BlackBerry and QNX in general."

Bilbruck said: "This means Cinderella (BlackBerry) is back at the ball and this time she isn't going to turn into a pumpkin when the clock strikes midnight in regards to the IoT marketplace. In fact, BlackBerry may become the fairy godmother of these auto manufacturers as far as embedded intelligence systems within their vehicles go. In three short years this could make BlackBerry the 800-pound gorilla again in a fast growing market."
    BlackBerry expands Ford partnership for QNX, targets IoT and connected cars as path back to relevance - TechRepublic
    _dimi_, rarsen, Mr BBRY and 7 others like this.
    11-19-16 01:32 PM
    QNX seems to be finally warming up, and we have a foot in the door with medical and transportation tracking systems. All while our competitors struggle to gather their solutions.
    Since Alec Saunders left QNX, there has been no news about their IoT platform. Besides Radar, BlackBerry does not seem to be on anyone's radar in IoT according to the research report released last month:

https://www.constellationr.com/resea...and-middleware
    CDM76 likes this.
    11-19-16 10:18 PM
    http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/ar...ng-in-on-trump

OT: Trump getting close with Patrick Soon-Shiong..

Posted via CB10
    11-20-16 04:49 AM
    The affect of mobility services on the auto industry is raising concerns in unexpected quarters. This from a report commissioned by the National Automobile Dealers Association in the US.

The single biggest risk to the dealership system is the potential link between autonomous vehicles and mobility services, Mercer concluded.

�Our own estimate is that this is relatively unlikely to happen, but, if it did happen, it would be cataclysmic and has to be flagged,� Mercer said.

�If mobility services converge with autonomous vehicles, ... and, in so doing, succeeds at breaking the age-old bond of ownership between Americans and their cars and trucks, that would change things dramatically.�
    http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...on-expert-says
    cjcampbell, sidhuk, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    11-20-16 08:34 AM
    Continuing with the auto industry....smartphones have peaked so now on to the "untapped automotive/mobility markets"

....investors speculate that there could be a buying spree of companies that make technology for self-driving cars.

The bet is that with Samsung plowing into auto technology, perhaps smartphone rival Apple or other tech giants could do the same.

�We see this transaction as a watershed event with significance across the global sector that could re-rate the group,� Morgan Stanley analyst Adam Jonas wrote in a research report. "From this day forward, we believe investors looking at automotive and automotive supplier stocks will ask �what�s the next Samsung-Harman?� and with good reason."

The attraction, analyst Jonas said, is that the tech giants may see the world as one where smartphone demand has peaked, while �the vast untapped automotive/mobility markets will continue for some time.�
    http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...es-speculation
    11-20-16 08:53 AM
    OT:
    On the subject of cars:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=GsAMJMji

Autopilot Full Self-Driving Hardware (Neighborhood Long)

https://electrek.co/2016/11/18/tesla...-tesla-vision/
    Tesla releases new self-driving demonstration video with real-time �Tesla Vision� feed
    rarsen, sidhuk, _dimi_ and 4 others like this.
    11-20-16 01:03 PM
    "Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong joined President-elect Trump and Vice President-elect Pence for dinner this evening. The renowned doctor has appeared on the cover of Forbes for his advances in finding a cure for cancer. They discussed innovation in the area of medicine and national medical priorities that need to be addressed in our country."

Trump's wide-ranging Saturday meetings - POLITICO
    rarsen, morganplus8 and Mr BBRY like this.
    11-20-16 04:59 PM
  14. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Continuing with the auto industry....smartphones have peaked so now on to the "untapped automotive/mobility markets"

http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...es-speculation
    Then why aren't these Anal..ists looking right at QNX!!! And why is not the Blackberry SP up at least 100 percent based on this alone??? Yes, based on QNX alone???

Why the disconnect?.... is the BlackBerry mobile baggage / Brand so overwhelmingly clouding things?

Should QNX be spun off, to create clean and distinct brand awareness and maximize SH value?

Why so undervalued???

What would a QNX IPO look like?... perhaps with joint / part ownership by strategic auto consortium...

QNX alone should be valued in the billions!!...but it's being buried in the back pages of the "BlackBerry failing, money losing, mobile business" dialogue....

"Set QNX free!", I say....

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 412632
    Last edited by world traveler and former ceo; 11-20-16 at 08:54 PM.
    CDM76 and alludba like this.
    11-20-16 06:02 PM
    Then why aren't these Anal..ists looking right at QNX!!! And why is not the Blackberry SP up at least 100 percent based on this alone??? Yes, based on QNX alone???

Why the disconnect?.... is the BlackBerry mobile baggage / Brand so overwhelmingly clouding things?

Should QNX be spun off, to create clean and distinct brand awareness and maximize SH value?

Why so undervalued???

What would a QNX IPO look like?... perhaps with joint / part ownership by strategic auto consortium...

QNX alone should be valued in the billions!!...but it's being buried in the back pages of the "BlackBerry failing, money losing, mobile business" dialogue....

"Set QNX free!", I say....

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dalinxz; 11-21-16 at 06:24 AM.
    11-20-16 07:46 PM
    OT : Security

Three UK hacked (in french)

https://m.nextinpact.com/news/102213...s-obtenues.htm

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, Corbu, morganplus8 and 1 others like this.
    11-21-16 05:11 AM
    11-21-16 07:22 AM
    OT: Galaxy Note 7 recall did not damage Samsung brand in U.S.: poll

A global recall of fire-prone Galaxy Note 7 smartphones did not appear to hurt U.S. consumers' willingness to buy Samsung Electronics phones, a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll released on Sunday showed.

The survey conducted Oct. 26 to Nov. 9 found that current Samsung smartphone users were as loyal to their brand as Apple Inc iPhone customers. It also found that people who knew about the recall were as interested in Samsung phones as those who did not.

Samsung was plunged into a global scandal after Note 7 phones caught fire this year, prompting a worldwide recall. Some customers reported fixed phones overheated, leading Samsung to take back replacements as well. Investors expected Samsung customers would turn to alternatives, chiefly Apple's iPhone 7.

Among those aware of the recall, 27 per cent would first consider a Samsung smartphone if they were to shop for a phone, the poll showed. Among those who did not know about the recall, 25 per cent would look first at a Samsung device.

The poll found that Samsung's customers were fiercely loyal to their brand. Some 91 per cent of current Samsung users would likely purchase another Samsung smartphone, and 92 per cent of current users would probably buy another Samsung product in general.

That was similar to the brand loyalty among current iPhone owners: 92 per cent would likely buy another iPhone and 89 per cent would likely buy another Apple product.

To be sure, it was unclear how much the Samsung recall weighed on the minds of consumers. The Reuters/Ipsos poll measured how interested people were in buying Samsung phones, not how much the recall directly influenced their decisions.

Jan Dawson of Jackdaw Research said the recall was mostly limited to early adopters rather than the majority of Samsung's customer base, which limited negative user experiences.

"Your own personal experience trumps what you read and what people tell you," Dawson said.

Samsung has said that customers chose another Samsung model as a replacement for the Note 7 in a majority of instances, without giving more detail. It has said nearly 85 per cent of the recalled Note 7 devices had been replaced or returned through its refund and exchange program as of Nov. 4.

In a statement it said it was now focused on "ensuring customer safety and understanding the root cause of the issue."

The Reuters/Ipsos poll was conducted online in English in all 50 states. It included 2,375 people who own Samsung phones and 3,158 people who own iPhones. The poll has a credibility interval, a measure of accuracy, of 2 percentage points.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/rep...service=mobile
    morganplus8 likes this.
    11-21-16 07:53 AM
    Quick test to confirm access to CB. Picture taken from a recent trip in Sichuan province in a Hot-pot restaurant, noting that I strategically avoided the top tray with all the very strong spices.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20161020_032434.jpg
    Corbu, Mr BBRY, La Emperor and 6 others like this.
    11-21-16 08:20 AM
    "BlackBerry OS 10.3.3 has passed PTCRB certification"

https://www.blackberrys.ru/news/31556.html

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ptcrb.png
    Uzi, rarsen, Mr BBRY and 6 others like this.
    11-21-16 08:26 AM
    11-21-16 08:28 AM
    "BlackBerry OS 10.3.3 has passed PTCRB certification"

https://www.blackberrys.ru/news/31556.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PTCRB.png 
Views:	292 
Size:	150.9 KB 
ID:	412648
    Thanks for the good news. But I waited so long the update that I decided to give the Dtek60 a try. Still miss the Passport. Nothing compares to BB10.
    Corbu, La Emperor, sidhuk and 7 others like this.
    11-21-16 09:26 AM
    Last Friday:
    11-21-16 09:27 AM
    QNX related...

Kaspersky OS: Competition for QNX ?!
    https://bb10qnx.de/2016/11/kaspersky...renz-fuer-qnx/

In German. GT does an ok job in this instance.
    rarsen likes this.
    11-21-16 09:39 AM
    OT : Security again

Backdoor in 55 android phones (in french)

Une importante porte d�rob�e dans 55 mod�les de terminaux Android

Edit : No Likes available with Opera Browser... Is it the same for you?
    Last edited by Christophe Piquemal; 11-21-16 at 09:52 AM.
    sidhuk, Corbu, morganplus8 and 2 others like this.
    11-21-16 09:39 AM
113,256 ... 40124013401440154016 ...