View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Pound Sterling had the same Brexit reaction. Down, then back when things calmed down, and then down again when some of the details started to be more tangible.

I think the market's fears are Trumps anti fair trade policies. Isolation of the USA, cancelling trade deals, possible tariff, labeling China a currency manipulator all important parts of his campaign. He's also on the record being critical of the Federal Reserve.

I agree his tax cuts and infrastructure spending are pluses for the markets, but there could be some serious minuses if he's dogmatic about these policies.
    11-09-16 09:56 AM
    Update on 13F (to be continued)
    Iridian asset management bought a new position of 14,409,280 shares.
    See website http://www.iridian.com/midCap.php
    And their long term performance is 10 year numbers of more than 3% per year out performance of the Russell Midcap index and an even greater beat of the S&P 500 ( although not benchmark since mid cap means typically between 2 and 10 Billion)
    Of course like most value managers they have underperformed the last 3 years and 1 year, see site.
    11-09-16 11:42 AM
    haw ! my likes are back *joy*
    That's the good news of the day.
    Corbu, rarsen, Greened and 4 others like this.
    11-09-16 11:47 AM
    11-09-16 11:54 AM
    11-09-16 12:41 PM

I think the market's fears are Trumps anti fair trade policies. Isolation of the USA, cancelling trade deals, possible tariff, labeling China a currency manipulator all important parts of his campaign. He's also on the record being critical of the Federal Reserve.

To the contrary, each of these points have the potential to unleash huge benefits for the USA. For example, suppose Trump declares that all foreign funds can be repatriated to the USA tax free as long as those funds are invested in the USA at lower corporate tax rates. The trillions of dollars pulled from other countries would drill down to monstrous growth in the US and he would look like a hero. This is potentially a game changer for America and the US stock market would be the defacto place to invest. Now, we see that Biotech is finally free to grow again without that dumb Hilary "cloud" hanging over its head, the list could be long as the USA dominates all other countries due to security, zero energy reliance, a favourible tax environment and so on. After 30 years of nothing from the US Government, we could see some amazing changes coming our way from Trump. There was nothing to gain with a Clinton Government, there are plenty of possibilities with Trump, the market might just catch onto those possibilities.
    11-09-16 03:01 PM
    Not much change with the shorts:

10/31/2016 61,755,924
    10/14/2016 62,215,022
    rarsen, Corbu, kadakn01 and 6 others like this.
    11-09-16 03:07 PM
    OT: JC
    Techonomy 16 - Techonomy

WEDNESDAY NOV. 9, 2016
    3:35 PM
    We’re Not in Kansas Anymore: People, Power and Politics After the Tornado
    John S. Chen, BlackBerry
    Dave Morgan, Simulmedia, Inc.
    Tony Scott, Office of Management and Budget | The White House
    Moderator: David Kirkpatrick, Techonomy
    11-09-16 10:07 PM
    11-09-16 10:09 PM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Expecting a continued weakening of the Canadian Dollar as Trump threatens / plans to reopen Nafta.. and implement other trade measures which will just further exacerbate the Canadian deficit.... Hopefully, this (weakened Can $) is a net benefit to BlackBerry... and encourage more canadian hiring for QNX Ottawa and BlackBerry in waterloo...

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 08:33 AM
    Expecting a continued weakening of the Canadian Dollar as Trump threatens / plans to reopen Nafta.. and implement other trade measures which will just further exacerbate the Canadian deficit.... Hopefully, this (weakened Can $) is a net benefit to BlackBerry... and encourage more canadian hiring for QNX Ottawa and BlackBerry in waterloo...

Posted via CB10
    He might have a change of heart when he realize he needs foreign money to fund his infrastructure Plans.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 09:39 AM
    BlackBerry DTEK60 review - Review - PC Advisor

For the first time in a while, this is a BlackBerry we can recommend to the individual consumer. It is also a business device, but the flexibility of Android means it is versatile enough to be moulded to the needs of both. It marries the Android operating system with robust, easy to use security features and slick design, all for under �500.

It doesn’t have the brand clout of an iPhone or the curved edges of a Samsung Galaxy, but with its admittedly quite straight-faced take on the modern smartphone BlackBerry has just – just – turned a corner. This is an excellent smartphone.
    11-10-16 11:20 AM
    11-10-16 11:24 AM
    Cramer eh? Well, time to sell. Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 11:25 AM
    LOL I almost spitted my coffee when I saw the top ad ... do you think I'll get one @ this price, finally ?
    Won't bet on that lol.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg
    11-10-16 12:28 PM
    11-10-16 03:55 PM
    BlackBerry CEO: How Trump Will Impact the Tech Industry - Bloomberg

BlackBerry CEO John Chen comments on the implications of Donald Trump's election and the company's plan to release one more in-house phone. He speaks with Bloomberg's Emily Chang at the Techonomy Conference in Half Moon Bay, California, on "Bloomberg Markets." (Source: Bloomberg)
    dusdal, fanBBRY, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    11-10-16 04:16 PM
    Looks like a string of positive and exciting news bundled up in the last two minutes of the conversation.
    sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    11-10-16 07:59 PM
    You are so right. I think we should be up 1,000 pts. today as Trump wants to lower corporate taxes big time, address the deficit, blow up the Middle East, okay, forget that one, he is pro business, the IBB Index has popped huge, everything is in place to catch the hedge funds on the wrong side of the trade here. If so many are short this market, you should bet against them. Lots of time left to trade ............
    Yep...question is how it lands on the follow through....seems like things are settling a bit here...nice recovery in ibb & biotech, some energy related plays, etc. but other major techs down....volatility will continue until PT rump telegraphs a proper Treasury Secretary, IMO
    CDM76 likes this.
    11-10-16 08:09 PM
    11-11-16 08:24 AM
    11-11-16 12:09 PM
    OT: got the DTEK60, coming from the Z30. Nice phone, but it's going to take a while to get used to Android.
    morganplus8, rarsen, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    11-11-16 02:00 PM
    Mon cœur pleure avec Montr�al aujourd'hui.

Quelle perte; quelle ann�e maudite!
    rarsen, Corbu, W Hoa and 1 others like this.
    11-11-16 02:01 PM
    OT: got the DTEK60, coming from the Z30. Nice phone, but it's going to take a while to get used to Android.
    BB Services Hub calendar etc + Nova launcher prime swipe up gesture to open Hub. Solid explorer, SwiftKey kb.... getting close
    11-11-16 02:30 PM
    BBRY might benefit if blackberry android phones had a bb10 launcher.
    I am/was going through the same issues because of BB10 and passport se charm. finally, asus zenui launcher, zenui disk management and zenui contact/phone utility with dark theme made it all look like very close to z30 feel with pitch black wall paper. i noticed black wall paper does help battery save and easy on the eyes in the bed reading. Loving this phone now.
    Last edited by sidhuk; 11-11-16 at 05:32 PM.
    rarsen, Corbu, morganplus8 and 7 others like this.
    11-11-16 05:12 PM
113,256 ... 40094010401140124013 ...