View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'll be brie
    I'll be broadcasting from Iceland in the future if either of these clowns get in! I chose Iceland because of their hot springs and the average height of their women is 5' 8" and they are typically blond. That sounds appealing to me.
    Another words, first class cabin with no arm rests, all the times? Not sure if BlackBerry still work there?

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    10-13-16 12:07 PM
    10-13-16 02:41 PM
    Another words, first class cabin with no arm rests, all the times? Not sure if BlackBerry still work there?

When I went to Iceland this year I didn't have to use cash even once, and there was free WiFi everywhere...very advanced actually.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR, sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    10-13-16 04:03 PM
    They started at the top with Dan Dodge... little doubt that Apple is looking seriously still at automotive. And knows that QNX has the experience and that there is a lot of old BlackBerry talent (BB10 based on QNX) either already in the unemployed lines or at least easy pickings for a company with potential.
    Yep. Except Apple doesn't have a presence in Waterloo, at all, which shows they don't really get it, IMO. The Ottawa Apple office is just an hr driven poaching operation, as far as I'm concerned. You can't get serious about automotive if you can't get out of Cupertino.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-16 08:22 PM
    Will BBRY ever get over $8 and not erode, maybe actually go up? Or is this 7--8 ping-pong going to continue indefinitely. Seems good news and performance doesn't mean squat to this company.

Posted on my Still Awesome Z30
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-13-16 08:56 PM
    Hey Superfly !!!!

I see we are at 4,000 pages of BlackBerry trivia now!! Congrats on your thread, it is about to hit 100,000 messages too! Did you have any idea ...................... ?????

Well done my friend !!!!
    10-13-16 10:19 PM
    Indeed, Superfly, very well done!

And thank you, Morgan, for noticing it and reminding us all.

Let's make sure we keep a placeholder for SF and the 100,000th post.
    10-13-16 11:47 PM
    Complaints about call connection problems with Apple Inc.�s iPhone 7 models are spreading across social media in China just weeks after the devices were released.

A chat group on the QQ instant messaging platform had grown to 1,600 people through Friday, just two weeks after it was set up, with critics saying the phones can�t receive incoming calls from mobile networks in standby mode and slamming Apple�s customer service.

Apple didn�t respond to requests for comment after being informed of the social media reports.

Li Dengke, who set up the QQ group, began noticing the missed calls a week after buying a silver iPhone 7 through Apple�s store on Alibaba Group Holding Ltd.�s Tmall.com. After the device was tested at an authorized service center, he was given a replacement.

�I received the new one on Oct. 5, a few hours later, it is �out of service� again," Li said.

The term �out of service� has become a hot topic on microblogging site Weibo while users have said a way to fix the problem is to shut down its fourth-generation connectivity and rely on slower 3G networks instead.

Greater China is one of Apple�s biggest markets and generates more than 20 percent of sales at the Cupertino, California-based company. The region has driven Apple�s spectacular growth for years, even as smartphone demand elsewhere faltered, and the company has dozens of retail outlets on the mainland.

� With assistance by Yuan Gao

More Articles on**iPhone,**Tech,**Social Media,*Markets

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    morganplus8, sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    10-14-16 06:49 AM
    Complaints about call connection problems with Apple Inc.�s iPhone 7 models are spreading across social media in China just weeks after the devices were released.

A chat group on the QQ instant messaging platform had grown to 1,600 people through Friday, just two weeks after it was set up, with critics saying the phones can�t receive incoming calls from mobile networks in standby mode and slamming Apple�s customer service.

Apple didn�t respond to requests for comment after being informed of the social media reports.

Li Dengke, who set up the QQ group, began noticing the missed calls a week after buying a silver iPhone 7 through Apple�s store on Alibaba Group Holding Ltd.�s Tmall.com. After the device was tested at an authorized service center, he was given a replacement.

�I received the new one on Oct. 5, a few hours later, it is �out of service� again," Li said.

The term �out of service� has become a hot topic on microblogging site Weibo while users have said a way to fix the problem is to shut down its fourth-generation connectivity and rely on slower 3G networks instead.

Greater China is one of Apple�s biggest markets and generates more than 20 percent of sales at the Cupertino, California-based company. The region has driven Apple�s spectacular growth for years, even as smartphone demand elsewhere faltered, and the company has dozens of retail outlets on the mainland.

You know, Apple....
    10-14-16 06:49 AM
    Above from Bloomberg News

10-14-16 06:50 AM
    Superfly!

Congrats on the almost 100K post & 5 year milestones! This thread has been an absolute pleasure to follow and I'm honored to be associated since somewhere around page 1000. Thank you for starting and maintaining such a great place. What a journey it's been!

I'd also like to put in a formal request for a deadline extension of 1-year (or maybe 2 or 3) to reach our target stock price, since RIMM / BBRY has not performed quite as well as most of us hoped. I'm never one to lie down and quit if I don't reach my initial goal, so I think we need set a new goal now. How does $20 by 2020 sound?
    10-14-16 09:43 AM
    Superfly!

Congrats on the almost 100K post & 5 year milestones! This thread has been an absolute pleasure to follow and I'm honored to be associated since somewhere around page 1000. Thank you for starting and maintaining such a great place. What a journey it's been!

I'd also like to put in a formal request for a deadline extension of 1-year (or maybe 2 or 3) to reach our target stock price, since RIMM / BBRY has not performed quite as well as most of us hoped. I'm never one to lie down and quit if I don't reach my initial goal, so I think we need set a new goal now. How does $20 by 2020 sound?
    Sounds good to me
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    10-14-16 10:17 AM
    Superfly!

Yeah. Congrats and thank you, Superfly! This has been a remarkable thread that lead to friendship, both online and off-line.
    sidhuk, Corbu, morganplus8 and 4 others like this.
    10-14-16 10:40 AM

Ordered dtek50 for test purposes. Was thinking of returning it when I was ordering. However, we liked it so much that ordered two more for the family. With that price point it is a gem with regular (almost) monthly updates. It converted a long term iphone5 user instantly. I have no complaints about this product. I still don't think it will sell enough to make any meaningful sales numbers. Lots of of people think that BlackBerry stopped making handsets. This is the way it came out in the media. With today's processing power, most of the phones have no lag. We have noticed that each time we update ipads, it slows down. Not sure if it is done purposely or over times things get slower. IMO, soon people will realize that it doesn't make sense to spend $$700 on a new phone. Lol. I have been wrong too many times. Certainly, big corporations should and will recognize that they can get away with cheaper phones with better updates and security for their employees. I hope BlackBerry can convince em. Cause media won't.

ZayDub, morganplus8, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    10-14-16 11:59 AM
    My next challenge/ opportunity
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20161014_104515_edit.jpg

Hope you all are doing well!

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    10-14-16 12:04 PM
    10-14-16 12:27 PM
    Hey Superfly !!!!

I see we are at 4,000 pages of BlackBerry trivia now!! Congrats on your thread, it is about to hit 100,000 messages too! Did you have any idea ...................... ?????

Well done my friend !!!!
    Yes I do, thanks for the reminder Morgan !
    Actually more often browsing with my Priv on CB10 so that counters are not visible.
    Just a little pop in to say I'm still monitoring this great place you guys made such a treasure resource. I'm a bit off the scene recently for several reasons, nothing really bad though, maybe I just need some air and keep my eyes away from digital, besides my daily work for paying customers.
    Our thread, I mean your (collectively) thread will hit the 100K milestone pretty much for its 5th anniversary also coinciding with the target I set when I first dived into the BlackBerry Story and became an addict.
    I'm not sure as of date what will be my decision when time will come to say "well, this 3-5 years target is today and ... " .

Time will tell !
    Cheers all, missing you !
    SF

10-14-16 02:06 PM
    Yes I do, thanks for the reminder Morgan !
    Actually more often browsing with my Priv on CB10 so that counters are not visible.
    Just a little pop in to say I'm still monitoring this great place you guys made such a treasure resource. I'm a bit off the scene recently for several reasons, nothing really bad though, maybe I just need some air and keep my eyes away from digital, besides my daily work for paying customers.
    Our thread, I mean your (collectively) thread will hit the 100K milestone pretty much for its 5th anniversary also coinciding with the target I set when I first dived into the BlackBerry Story and became an addict.
    I'm not sure as of date what will be my decision when time will come to say "well, this 3-5 years target is today and ... " .

Time will tell !
    Cheers all, missing you !
    SF

Acceptance is the first step to recovery....
    10-14-16 02:50 PM
    Acceptance is the first step to recovery....
    Same to you when you have not been using BlackBerrys but addictively spreading FUD across all the threads.

Posted from my trusted Passport
    ZayDub, morganplus8, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    10-14-16 03:19 PM
    To the guy who started it all......
    10-14-16 03:29 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-suuuperfly.jpg

Merci-Thanks
    Same to you when you have not been using BlackBerrys but addictively spreading FUD across all the threads.

Posted from my trusted Passport
    But see I haven't accepted my addiction... even left for awhile (actually my first account was open in 2008), but came back. And if you look at my post history... I do try to help those with issues. But I don't sugar coat the stupid movies of this company....

This was my first post in this thread five years ago...
    Most analyst are worried that the MANAGEMENT is going to STAY and drive the company into the ground. Having a Billions in CASH is great, and means that RIM unlike PALM has time to turn things around. But if your revenues keep declining each quarter eventually you will start posting losses and for a big company it does not take long to burn through a Billion.

Sure they would still have assets, but with Canadian Government involvement it could take years to sell off those assets. Uncertainty is what is driving down RIM...
    IF PlayBook OS2 is all that was promised, IF RIM can get developer on board for the new OS10, IF they can get the new phones out and they are as good as what other manufactures have out (and are priced accordingly). The Uncertainty will go away and the stock will rise.
    But OS2 wasn't what we hoped for, BlackBerry didn't get developers on board for BB10... and the Z10 was a competitive product. Thus the stock keep falling... Not because of what I did, but because of what BlackBerry didn't do.
    alludba, bobert65 and techvisor like this.
    Superfly!

Congratulations for being bold in the face of adversity, showing some faith and having the courage to go against the grain.

Be well and hang in there.

10-14-16 03:49 PM
    10-14-16 03:50 PM
    10-15-16 12:28 PM
113,256 ... 39983999400040014002 ...