427 37.82%
    Sorry I missed this webcast:
    https://cc.readytalk.com/cc/s/meetin...d=i5xi37jrocby

A summary of what was discussed (in German):
    https://bb10qnx.de/2016/10/zusammenf...euausrichtung/
    rarsen likes this.
    10-11-16 11:01 AM
    Samsung Note 7: The New Fire Phone.
    My replacement note 7 was delivered today. Now I have double the trouble. Still using it. But now they will prob recall everything.... How do they handle that? Nothing is as good when it's not catching fire. Coming from a Passport...
    10-11-16 11:30 AM
    Sorry I missed this webcast:
    https://cc.readytalk.com/cc/s/meetin...d=i5xi37jrocby

A summary of what was discussed (in German):
    https://bb10qnx.de/2016/10/zusammenf...euausrichtung/
    did i read this right?
    "Google has gone to BlackBerry and asked for the development of a secure Android smartphone. It was early, that only Android and iOS are going to get through. Since OS10 was not supported by developers (note: for what reasons I will not light here), one wanted to perceive the offer of Google.
    BlackBerry comes from enterprise and security, Google from the consumer sector. Google wanted to enter the B2B market and provide security. Therefore the cooperation. And BlackBerry just wanted to get in if you can provide the same security as with OS10."
    10-11-16 11:41 AM
    10-11-16 12:18 PM
  5. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    It's Apple that is reaping the benefits... no one else.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor and awindsr like this.
    10-11-16 12:27 PM
  6. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Well Blackberries handsets may be dead. And the Z10 was certainly a flop with lots of inventory right down (boy though, I thought it was a good looking phone). But Samsung's Note 7 recall has to be the worst smartphone result ever. This might even be worse than the Amazon Fire Phone. Which is somewhat ironic.
    More ironic that at this time...BlackBerry is in no position to benefit from it...the market perceiving that they are no longer in the phone business... can Dtek50,60 have any impact? ..doubt it.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    10-11-16 12:34 PM
    did i read this right?
    "Google has gone to BlackBerry and asked for the development of a secure Android smartphone. It was early, that only Android and iOS are going to get through. Since OS10 was not supported by developers (note: for what reasons I will not light here), one wanted to perceive the offer of Google.
    BlackBerry comes from enterprise and security, Google from the consumer sector. Google wanted to enter the B2B market and provide security. Therefore the cooperation. And BlackBerry just wanted to get in if you can provide the same security as with OS10."
    Here is a better quality, quick translation, sidhuk:

2. Why Android?

Google approached BlackBerry and asked for the development of a secure Android smartphone. It became apparent early on that in the long run only Android and iOS would prevail. Since OS10 was not supported by developers (note: the reasons why I will not delve into here), they wanted to process the offer of Google.

BlackBerry comes from the field of Enterprise and Safety, Google from the Consumer sector. But Google wanted to enter the B2B market and also offer Safety. Hence the cooperation. And BlackBerry just wanted to join, if you can offer the same security than with OS10.
    10-11-16 01:53 PM
    More ironic that at this time...BlackBerry is in no position to benefit from it...the market perceiving that they are no longer in the phone business... can Dtek50,60 have any impact? ..doubt it.

Posted via CB10
    Look over at Android Central and their post on the best alternatives to the Note. Not a mention of any BlackBerry device. You'd figure they'd mention at least one BlackBerry device to cover those interested in timely updates and security patches.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-16 03:38 PM
    Look over at Android Central and their post on the best alternatives to the Note. Not a mention of any BlackBerry device. You'd figure they'd mention at least one BlackBerry device to cover those interested in timely updates and security patches.

Posted via CB10
    Does BlackBerry make a bigazz Android phablet?

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-11-16 04:26 PM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar

Posted via CB10
    I know they already spent money on the R&D.... perhaps CEO Chen has Enterprise / Government customers who were asking for this, I don't know; Otherwise,i would rather they not roll out more phones, and spend that money hiring more university of Waterloo Computer science co-op students to focus on ramping up the Blackberry software initiatives: , Radar, and QNX, and other areas that offer a better return.. and where they can be a leader...

At this point Dtek60 could be an amazing phone but the Brand is tarnished and others have the full attention of the market now. I like what they are doing partnering in Indonesia and especially with BBM there... I know he does not want to sell any key assets... but where are they headed with QNX.... can they make money? Where is the win for shareholders?... I don't envy his choices.. hardcore BlackBerry users in large part are sticking with bb10 or older.. or leaving for iPhone or Samsung... every new phone launch is met with the usual very negative commentary..justified or not.... how will this latest launch be any different?.. it won't. IMO

Do fewer things BlackBerry... but win!

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub likes this.
    10-11-16 05:07 PM
    10-11-16 06:36 PM
    Short interest update
    Date as of -------- Short Amt. ------- Daily average volume
    9/30/2016 ------- 57,263,680 ------- 6,245,647
    9/15/2016 ------- 57,344,411 ------- 2,895,561

The Short interest was essentially flat as of last month.

However the average volume went up by more than 2x due to earnings, and the price range was $7.16 to $8.46 so quite a range with a closing price of $7.98 on Sep 30th and a closing price on Sep 15th of $7.24, which would mean quite a bit of trading with no meaningful short interest change. This could mean some new buyers have stepped in on earnings day with nearly 30M shares traded and not short covering.
    Last edited by kadakn01; 10-11-16 at 11:49 PM.
    sidhuk, rarsen, masterful and 7 others like this.
    10-11-16 11:30 PM
    Short interest update
    Date as of -------- Short Amt. ------- Daily average volume
    9/30/2016 ------- 57,263,680 ------- 6,245,647
    9/15/2016 ------- 57,344,411 ------- 2,895,561

The Short interest was essentially flat as of last month.

However the average volume went up by more than 2x due to earnings, and the price range was $7.16 to $8.46 so quite a range with a closing price of $7.98 on Sep 30th and a closing price on Sep 15th of $7.24, which would mean quite a bit of trading with no meaningful short interest change. This could mean some new buyers have stepped in on earnings day with nearly 30M shares traded and not short covering.
    Thanks for the explanation!

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    Jahcure, Corbu, CDM76 and 2 others like this.
    10-12-16 06:44 AM
    They located in the building right next to QNX and are clearly poaching staff.

Posted via CB10
    They started at the top with Dan Dodge... little doubt that Apple is looking seriously still at automotive. And knows that QNX has the experience and that there is a lot of old BlackBerry talent (BB10 based on QNX) either already in the unemployed lines or at least easy pickings for a company with potential.
    10-12-16 09:44 AM
    Anyone notice the large traded volumes for BBRY today?
    10-12-16 10:29 AM
    No but I noticed that BBRY is down again...while the overall market is up. Again.

Posted on my Still Awesome Z30
    10-12-16 01:40 PM
    No but I noticed that BBRY is down again...while the overall market is up. Again.

BBRY follows the market half the time. Market down, BBRY down. Market up, BBRY down.
    CDM76 and Hazo like this.
    10-12-16 01:50 PM

There was some large volumes traded in the morning and the stock came back up. But since then not much of volume traded and the stock is negative.
    10-12-16 01:52 PM
    Get out of hardware they said. We'll value it higher they said.
    CDM76, ZayDub, fanBBRY and 1 others like this.
    10-12-16 02:19 PM
    They need good performance they said. They need good outlook the they said. BBRY has both. They are ready for a breakout they said. Same old crap SP. Samsumg phones are Exploding and catching fire! But BBRY can't even hold above $8.

CDM76 and Hazo like this.
    10-12-16 03:00 PM
    BBRY follows the market half the time. Market down, BBRY down. Market up, BBRY down.
    Proof again of BlackBerry's legendary reliability! No wonder so many of us have stuck with the BlackBerry trade for so long.

LOL

Posted via CB10
    10-12-16 08:22 PM
    Hello Morgan,
    Regarding SPHS, can you please give us an update.
    Thanks

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-13-16 09:04 AM
    Hello Morgan,
    Thanks

Your opinion on the recent PSDV drop as well when you have time.
    10-13-16 10:53 AM
    Register today for the upcoming BlackBerry developer summit.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/10/...terprise-apps/
    10-13-16 11:20 AM
    Hello Morgan,
    Thanks

I'll be brief, SPHS will be presenting on Oct 18th and I'll be listening in on that, there is no additional information available at this time, I hold an huge block of the stock and like how it is holding up here in the face of a collapsing IBB Index. That's it!

Re: PSDV - The stock is down on an earnings play basis, why anyone would think it is about earnings is beyond me. I hold it, will buy much more soon, it is about "methods" not earnings, I like when stocks, without a fundamental reason to be down .... are, I buy them up. Some of the drop is related to the IBB Index.

As for BBRY - we went from a poor HW outlook to a poor revenue outlook, only two analysts downgraded the stock or failed to see the future, everyone else went higher, the runway is clear for BlackBerry to make nothing but positive statements and news releases going forward so lets go.

Regarding the US election and its hold on the general markets, I'll be broadcasting from Iceland in the future if either of these clowns get in! I chose Iceland because of their hot springs and the average height of their women is 5' 8" and they are typically blond. That sounds appealing to me.
    10-13-16 11:55 AM
113,256 ... 39973998399940004001 ...