View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Price may be surprisingly low, but people will still beach and complain about it being too high. I guess when nothing else to complain about..

Posted via the CrackBerry App on DTek50
    09-28-16 03:11 AM
    Hi guys,

I have to set a sell order (half of my position) and I'm not sure where to place the trigger (i mean, I *have* to, I must make the deal right now).
    note : US$ for simplicity but I'm with bb.to (CAN$) [is there something I should care about regarding this ?]
    I see we broke the $8 in PM and my average sits around $8.75.
    The conservative approach would be to set the price there (and sit on the fees).
    The "rational" one would be to set it at $9s (52w high is $9.46)
    The "optimistic" would be sitting in the $10s
    The "I want what you're smokin'" (lol) in the $12s

So, my strategy is to mix it but remember, I have no real time system; have to fax ... lol.
    Maybe something like
    100 @ $12
    100@ $10
    200@ $9
    100@ $8.75

I know it's a bad idea I ask for advices here and you'll probably dont want to go there but ... I'm a bit on the emotional side (will explain later) and some rational thinking will help ME to set the right bar ...

Thanks & cheers!
    GL to all !
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-28-16 at 04:16 AM.
    Uzi, rarsen and Corbu like this.
    09-28-16 03:47 AM
    Rev 352M, EPS 0.00

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-28-16 05:56 AM
    Est. 390M, EPS -0,05

09-28-16 05:58 AM
    Est. 390M, EPS -0,05

Ending internal hardware development.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 06:00 AM
    Ending internal hardware development.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting way of saying " we are getting out of hardware but still selling hardware "

09-28-16 06:13 AM
    Interesting way of saying " we are getting out of hardware but still selling hardware "

What about the G20, governments, bankers and lawyers. Are they okay with using iPhone or slap android?

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    09-28-16 06:17 AM
    New CFO...

09-28-16 06:19 AM
    BlackBerry Announces First Major Device Software Licensing Agreement

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/blackb...110400188.html

WATERLOO, ON and JAKARTA, INDONESIA--(Marketwired - Sep 28, 2016) - BlackBerry Limited (BBRY)(BB.TO), a global software leader in securing, connecting and mobilizing enterprises, announced an agreement with newly formed joint venture PT BB Merah Putih to license BlackBerry software and services for the production of handsets for the Indonesian market. This partnership accelerates BlackBerry's overall focus on driving software growth, specifically developing and licensing device software offerings, including security solutions and applications, through its Mobility Solutions business unit.
    09-28-16 06:20 AM
    What about the G20, governments, bankers and lawyers. Are they okay with using iPhone or slap android?

Doesn't matter. They don't have a choice. If they wanted Blackberry to keep BB10 then they should have supported Blackberry more and purchased more BB10 devices. At end of day Blackberry can't produce unprofitable products just because very few people want them to.

howarmat, 3MIKE and alludba like this.
    09-28-16 06:43 AM
    New CFO...

BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) announces it *appointed Steven Capelli*to serve as the CFO of the company, effective October 1.Capelli was hired away from Sybase where he was President of Worldwide Field Operations.Current CFO James Yersh is leaving the BlackBerry for personal reasons.

3MIKE and alludba like this.
    09-28-16 06:52 AM
    I like the profit and guidance, but would like to see revenue levels a little higher, especially in the Europe, ME, and Africa region, which showed a big drop q over q. Not sure how this is spread between SAF declines, mobile, and software, but this 'region' may need a bit more focus...everything else is pretty much as expected. I want to also see the DTEK60 announced....

Posted via CB10
    alludba, 3MIKE and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-28-16 07:01 AM
    Hmm, so earnings seem like another mixed bag. Surprised to be honest
    09-28-16 07:03 AM
    On the call...who was the car manufacturer using their software over the air?

09-28-16 07:15 AM
    8M mobility division loss (cut from 21M loss last Q). 90M hardware rightdown (clearing out BB10 I assume).
    09-28-16 07:20 AM
    On the call...who was the car manufacturer using their software over the air?

BlackBerry Outsourcing Handset Business - WSJ

BlackBerry Ltd. on Wednesday said it would outsource the making of handsets—the business that once allowed it to dominate the consumer smartphone market—and instead turn its full focus to developing secure software and services to drive growth.

The Canadian technology company said it plans to end all internal hardware development and outsource it to partners.

“We are reaching an inflection point with our strategy. Our financial foundation is strong, and our pivot to software is taking hold,” Chief Executive John Chen said in a release announcing the move, along with the company’s fiscal second-quarter results.

The announcement of the strategy shift came alongside news that BlackBerry Chief Financial Officer James Yersh will depart at the end of October for personal reasons. He will be succeeded by Steven Capelli, who worked with Mr. Chen in previous roles, including at Sybase.

Waterloo, Ontario-based BlackBerry, once the dominant smartphone maker, has been targeting the mobile-device software and services market to drive growth after struggling to compete in the consumer market with Apple Inc.’s iPhones and devices powered by Alphabet Inc.’s Android operating system.

For the quarter ended Aug. 31, BlackBerry said software and services revenue more than doubled from a year earlier, to $156 million. Still, that was down slightly from $166 million in the previous quarter.

BlackBerry ended the quarter with overall revenue of $334 million, down 32% from a year earlier and below the $394 million analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected.

The company said it swung to a loss of $372 million from a profit of $51 million a year earlier. Adjusted to exclude items, however, BlackBerry broke even on a per-share basis for the second quarter in a row. Analysts had expected a loss of 5 cents a share.

BlackBerry’s decision to drop the handset operations comes after Mr. Chen said earlier this year he would give the company until September for the handset business to become profitable following moves to scale back its device lineup and outsource manufacturing to Taiwanese electronics manufacturer Foxconn Technology Group. During a luncheon discussion on Monday, Mr. Chen said he had no plans to sell any of the company’s assets and would prefer instead to license BlackBerry’s technology and patents to others.

On Wednesday, BlackBerry said it had reached what it called its first major device software licensing agreement with newly formed joint venture PT BB Merah Putih to license BlackBerry software and services for the production of handsets for the Indonesian market.
    masterful, alludba, 3MIKE and 3 others like this.
    09-28-16 07:22 AM
    8.80 PM down to 8.10.

EOD guesses? ER is pretty good. Forecast is better. This should regain $9.
    3MIKE likes this.
    09-28-16 07:26 AM
    Spiller, will probably end in the red.
    09-28-16 07:27 AM
    Wow. BB is not part of the Indonesia hardware JV. They are only licensing to the JV. I guess this means ZERO risk and only licensing BB name and royalties per unit for device software. "Only royalty based business plan"

Not sure what this means for the DTEK60 revenue/risk ?
    09-28-16 07:33 AM
    Wow. BB is not part of the Indonesia hardware JV. They are only licensing to the JV. I guess this means ZERO risk and only licensing BB name and royalties per unit for device software. "Only royalty based business plan"

Not sure what this means for the DTEK60 revenue/risk ?
    They are developing secured android so users will still get updates.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    09-28-16 07:53 AM
    8.80 PM down to 8.10.

EOD guesses? ER is pretty good. Forecast is better. This should regain $9.
    8.30 EOD. !
    09-28-16 08:03 AM
    They are developing secured android so users will still get updates.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    I get that. But zero risk is the ideal model. This is very good news. I wasn't clear when he responded to the question about Indonesia being royalty and outside of indonesia still partnering and taking in hardware revenue (DTEK50/60), as he said no hardware revenue anywhere? So does this mean the arrangement with Alcatel is similar? JIT builds, zero risk, and licensing the hardened android / chipset / software?
    09-28-16 08:04 AM
    8.30 EOD. !
    I think a final grasp bear raid down to 7.60 so the shorts can cover then back over 8 and hopefully high 8s/9 EOD. Numbers seem good enough to me to make this 9. Upgrades will be coming shortly too.
    09-28-16 08:06 AM
    We need our financial experts here!

Posted via CB10
    alludba, Mr BBRY, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    09-28-16 08:33 AM
113,251 ... 39873988398939903991 ...