View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    A few bits extracted from this Bild article referred to by Secusmart (in German):
    Megasicher, total verschl�sselt | So sieht das neue Kanzler-Tablet aus! - Handy - Bild.de

In the next few months thousands of bug-proof equipment would be delivered.

Unit price: 1750 Euros per unit.

In future it is planned to equip Samsung smartphones with the Secusmart technology, Erdmann said at IFA.

In addition, delivery of SecuTablets also to the governments of Canada and the United States is possible.
    https://www.secusmart.com/en/for-pub...es/secutablet/

09-06-16 07:22 AM
    09-06-16 07:53 AM
    Japan is next?

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-06-16 08:40 AM
    09-06-16 12:14 PM
    General article reading of markets and some catalysts presently influencing volatility, with US elections among them:

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/gl...000000185.html
    morganplus8, 3MIKE, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    09-06-16 04:11 PM
  6. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Japan is next?

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    They already did similar thing there with the PRIV...not with any of the main carriers there..with Bic camera I believe....

Posted via CB10
    masterful and morganplus8 like this.
    09-06-16 04:59 PM
    No new information learned but a general positive resume of present BB status, calling it several baby steps but all contributing to turn the company around:

BlackBerry: Baby Steps - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha
    "All the while, the company continues to execute behind the scenes. When the company turns that corner with a big news item, whether it is a good earnings report or a significant partnership, the blanket will be lifted and the bulls will start to run. We want to own the stock now, at these prices, before that takes place. BlackBerry's baby steps should not be ignored."
    09-06-16 07:20 PM
    09-07-16 07:33 AM
    MOBL on its way to worthless soon:

Here are the "total equity" figures from the last 5 quarterly statements:
    $88.70M
    $74.22M
    $68.14M
    $64.55M
    $48.67M

Good work Faucette!
    09-07-16 10:33 AM
    MOBL on its way to worthless soon:

Here are the "total equity" figures from the last 5 quarterly statements:
    $88.70M
    $74.22M
    $68.14M
    $64.55M
    $48.67M

Good work Faucette!
    Thank you for the laugh, Faucette thinks it is valued at $ 7.00/shr on an acquisition basis which is total nonsense. How do you justify $ 3.00/shr today let alone $ 7.00/shr on a buyout when sales are stuck at $ sub 160 MM and cash is heading South? I hope Chen is going to shut them out of the market and not consider buying them unless it is with similar terms as the Good deal at 50 cents on the dollar. What an embarrassment this is for Faucette.

Again, thanks for pointing this out to the board.
    09-07-16 10:58 AM
    androidcentral's review:
    BlackBerry DTEK50 review: The phone with no name | Android Central

BlackBerry DTEK50 Bottom line

No, this isn't the definitive review of the DTEK50. For that, check out CrackBerry's far more thorough, far less evasive attempt to figure out this phone. I am just happy to have come out of this experience with a renewed appreciation for BlackBerry's stubborn perseverance.

The DTEK50 isn't a great phone, but it's not a bad one, either. Despite my ambivalence I recommend you at least seek one out, if only to disavow yourself of the idea that BlackBerry circa 2016 in any way resembles the hardware giant you have been defending or raging against for the past seven years. Under John Chen's reign, success looks very different — it looks like a phone designed and built by another company, utterly unremarkable and free of affect.

And its best chance at success in some time.
    09-07-16 12:24 PM
    Some OT here,

Thought I would update the board on my trades having stayed home to shift some holdings. I have just sold out of ECA and purchased a large portion of todays volume in SPHS. The stock is under pressure right now so it didn't take much effort to buy those shares. I'll forget about it for a few weeks and let the market find support. I do think that the general market looks like it wants to rally hard in the coming days and weeks taking all investments higher.

Today AAPL is inventing the cell phone again so we are backing up for that news. BlackBerry had one if its lightest volume days yesterday, ..... for this year. Let's get AAPL's invention out of the way and see how we close across the board. I hope someone is around to give their opinion on our competitions new product offering. GL
    La Emperor, sidhuk, Corbu and 8 others like this.
    09-07-16 12:24 PM
    Ot: eca

Sorry to beat the Bush on this topic m8, I've been just playing with a few thousand shares just to play the ranges of eca but technicals doesn't really seem to be helping much as energy sector is moving on the freeze talks again. Would you just sit this out or try to analyze the TA? Like right now if it reaches the 52 week high or a bit higher I'd start to short it but finding where to cover is hard because it's been shooting up on random days, it has touched it's 50ma before a move up as always....and I don't want to go just long on this based on the risk in commodities, who knows maybe another sell off like last year around this time. You think I will need to wait till September passes to see any real downside? Appreciate your insight Morgan sry to keep bugging u about this.

More ot: I saw that huge block on the bid side for sphs Morgan, I think I know who the culprit is
    Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-07-16 12:30 PM
    09-07-16 12:41 PM
    09-07-16 12:43 PM
    Ot: eca

Sorry to beat the Bush on this topic m8, I've been just playing with a few thousand shares just to play the ranges of eca but technicals doesn't really seem to be helping much as energy sector is moving on the freeze talks again. Would you just sit this out or try to analyze the TA? Like right now if it reaches the 52 week high or a bit higher I'd start to short it but finding where to cover is hard because it's been shooting up on random days, it has touched it's 50ma before a move up as always....and I don't want to go just long on this based on the risk in commodities, who knows maybe another sell off like last year around this time. You think I will need to wait till September passes to see any real downside? Appreciate your insight Morgan sry to keep bugging u about this.

More ot: I saw that huge block on the bid side for sphs Morgan, I think I know who the culprit is
    Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    No problem at all, I needed to get this trade done with SPHS (yes, those blocks were mine) and ECA is a strange one, their EPS surprised so many of us that the stock is getting plenty of support now. It's the commodity that forced me out of the trade, the range appears to be plus or minus $ 3.00/bbl and I don't see upside in that. I see the stock going to $ 10.60/shr/US on this run, I stepped out early as I'll be out of the house re: trading for a few days. I then see it moving sideways. In the interim, there are hurricanes that could drive it much higher, a glut of product and nowhere to store it, and more product going through refineries now. We had a large profit in this one and I really like SPHS for the balance of this year. Biotech wants to run even with Mylan and Hilary in its way, I like how things are shaping up for the general market and BlackBerry for sure. So I placed my bet on SPHS and BlackBerry for Sept., due to not understanding energy well enough. I look at it this way, if energy breaks down, so does the general market, I don't see that in Sept. So I sold ECA. to make a strategic move. I wouldn't want others to follow me here its just that I have talked about it and I do follow through on my plans. You can hold ECA for a few pennies more but be quick on the trigger as it is looking toppy here, this is my personal opinion of course!

PS: I'll mention HALO too as it has achieved my target, it looks great, not likely to move much higher without the general market. In conclusion, my bets are BBRY at a record amount of investment and SPHS based upon the underwriting.
    sidhuk, Corbu, OlympusMons and 6 others like this.
    09-07-16 12:46 PM
    No new information learned but a general positive resume of present BB status, calling it several baby steps but all contributing to turn the company around:

BlackBerry: Baby Steps - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha
    "All the while, the company continues to execute behind the scenes. When the company turns that corner with a big news item, whether it is a good earnings report or a significant partnership, the blanket will be lifted and the bulls will start to run. We want to own the stock now, at these prices, before that takes place. BlackBerry's baby steps should not be ignored."
    As you know, I'm no fan of SA, but you seem to post the better links from them and I'm in full agreement that you buy them ugly when no one is watching and BBRY falls into that category. So thanks for proof reading these articles for me! When the stock starts its long awaited return, the first thing you'll see is everyone who held it for years wanting to take profits, then they sit on the sidelines for years waiting to get back in. This article is pointing this out to many, you need to do as much homework as you can, get a position if you like what Chen is doing and wait it out. When the stock takes off, sit back and smile, do nothing and let others scratch their collective heads.
    sidhuk, Corbu, OlympusMons and 8 others like this.
    09-07-16 12:59 PM
    From my TD alerts, hope I beat Corbu, because Corbu is fast on the draw.

BlackBerry Announces Completion of Debt Restructuring
    2016-09-07 02:30:00 PM ET (Marketwired)
    WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Sep 7, 2016) - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB), a global leader in secure mobile communications, today announced that it completed the redemption of all of its 6% unsecured convertible debentures (BB.DB.U) (the "6% Debentures") on September 2, 2016. The redemption was announced and a notice of redemption was issued on August 26, 2016. None of the 6% Debentures were converted into common shares of BlackBerry prior to redemption.

BlackBerry also announced that it has completed the previously announced private placement of USD$605,000,000 aggregate principal amount of 3.75% unsecured convertible debentures to Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited and other institutional investors. RBC Capital Markets acted for BlackBerry in the completion of the transaction.
    09-07-16 01:36 PM
    Yes I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take that Corbu! LMHO

Cheers mate and all the best.

OT:

I have been in a bear fund or beer fund since oil hit $48.00 again. I really see no reason for oil and gasoline prices to be so high. If gasoline won't drop then oil needs to head south. This is only a random thought and should never be taken as investment advice!!!!!!!!!!!

Morgan, LOVE your sarcasm in your post about Apple!

Cheers!
    09-07-16 01:43 PM

LOL!
    morganplus8, rarsen and Mr BBRY like this.
    09-07-16 01:57 PM
    Hi Corbu. Can you 'translate ' these tweets please? Thanks!

Sent from my awesome Z30
    morganplus8 and alludba like this.
    09-07-16 02:36 PM
    Sure.

First one:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-crwwgnfwiaaehiq.jpg

Join QNX for the Minnesota Medical Info Day on Oct 27, 2016 in Bloomington, MN. Register now
    Medical Info Day
    Second one:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-crr28kfwiaahb0l.jpg

Join QNX for the New England Medical Info Day on October 6, 2016 in Woburn, MA. Register now
    Medical Info Day
    09-07-16 02:45 PM
    09-07-16 02:49 PM
    Thanks Corbu!

Sent from my awesome Z30
    Corbu, sidhuk and b121 like this.
    09-07-16 03:53 PM
    If only government didn't work so slow. Last week we finally upgraded to BB10, our BBOS 7 phones got updated to the classic. And of course tons of complaints as everyone wants full touch. But gov doesn't care what we want, just what the price is.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on DTek50
    09-07-16 08:43 PM
113,256 ... 39763977397839793980 ...