View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
  1. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    BlackBerry BBM in Indonesia.... Let's hope it takes off in this previously reported deal with Emtek

http://jakartaglobe.beritasatu.com/b...r-207-5m-deal/

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 08:11 AM
    BlackBerry BBM in Indonesia.... Let's hope it takes off in this previously reported deal with Emtek

Emtek Taps Blackberry Messenger in $207.5m Deal | Jakarta Globe

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for that find, is it me or did we ever hear what the payment size was for that deal back then? This article is dated but that dollar value makes BBM extremely valuable. I wonder if the payment is divided/pro-rated over the length of the contract .............
    Corbu, rarsen, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    09-03-16 09:39 AM
    Thanks for that find, is it me or did we ever hear what the payment size was for that deal back then? This article is dated but that dollar value makes BBM extremely valuable. I wonder if the payment is divided/pro-rated over the length of the contract .............
    That Jakarta Globe article is from June 28, 2016

This might help, from June 27, 2016:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...l#post12484553

The deal, worth US$207.5m over six years, sees the owner of three of the country’s biggest free-to-air TV stations join forces with the 11 year-old messaging app, which remains hugely popular in Indonesia, its biggest market globally.
    09-03-16 09:53 AM
    I'm not mentioning any names here but this guy needs to beach that sailboat and help us out here! I know he would post the Bollinger Bands for BBRY and show everyone that we are about to make another leg up from here. The stock was over-bought, it then fell to the lower end of the bands which have tightened, RSI is down to a level that will allow the stock to go on another run here. The general market looks good, we are into another quarter, everyone will come back from "boating" and start to trade again.

Attachment 407638

We rallied, paused, built a nice base, and we are ready to rally again.

Update: I'll pay good money to get a video of this guy stepping onto the dock after being out to sea for two weeks! Good luck.

Final Update: I'm selling out of ECA on this next leg up and putting all the money into SPHS, please don't follow me as this could be risky!
    Well done Morgan. Sorry I haven't been keeping up to date on the charts. As for a video after two weeks, we'll see. Lol. In the meantime, here's a pic after a week. Totally private anchorage on the inside of Otter island in Desolation Sound. Was so peaceful, I couldn't even bring myself to put on any music.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 407698
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160902_155625.jpg  
    09-03-16 11:29 AM
    Well done Morgan. Sorry I haven't been keeping up to date on the charts. As for a video after two weeks, we'll see. Lol. In the meantime, here's a pic after a week. Totally private anchorage on the inside of Otter island in Desolation Sound. Was so peaceful, I couldn't even bring myself to put on any music.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 407698

Nice picture! But you are not telling the whole story, what about the part about peeing in the water while naked? LOL...
    09-03-16 12:58 PM
    Nice picture! But you are not telling the whole story, what about the part about peeing in the water while naked? LOL...
    Lmao.... this is a family site plasmid. But yes, my current anchorage is secluded and I'm the only one here. Figured I'd get au naturale. Haha

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 01:14 PM

http://jakartaglobe.beritasatu.com/b...r-207-5m-deal/

Posted via CB10
    Emtek "has bought the license to provide digital media content*over the Blackberry Messenger platform over the next six years for $207.5 million,*"

Great find World Traveler !!! That's no chump change and I'm excited that Blackberry is finding unique ways to monetize bbm. Hopefully will see more of these types deals in future

Posted via the CrackBerry App on DTek50
    alludba, sidhuk, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    09-03-16 01:43 PM
    Thanks for the laughter gang! It's been awhile since I had a good laugh on this thread. But please keep that picture of CJ to yourself, it's not pleasant. LMHO!
    Corbu, rarsen, CDM76 and 5 others like this.
    09-03-16 01:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 407698
    Actually I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit jealous, you are in the midst of God's country there. Great video too, our lake is calm and boring most of the time. You can sail away forever where you are. Don't be shy and post more pics, they are great. Take care.

PS. How far are you from Powell River?
    Last edited by morganplus8; 09-03-16 at 03:15 PM.
    09-03-16 03:02 PM
    09-03-16 03:24 PM

Actually I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit jealous, you are in the midst of God's country there. Great video too, our lake is calm and boring most of the time. You can sail away forever where you are. Don't be shy and post more pics, they are great. Take care.

PS. How far are you from Powell River?
    Took this screen shot for a buddy curious to where I am. Just so happens, Powell River squeaks in on the bottom right.

Just got my hook set at a new anchorage. Tenedos Bay. Kinda busy, but there's a trail to a fresh water Lake I want to go check out.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160902_173401.png

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 04:46 PM
    From my TD alerts

Alert Details
    3 earning estimates have been revised up and the consensus estimate has increased from -0.054 to -0.05 for Q3 2016. To research this company view in WebBroker.

And

Alert Details
    4 earning estimates have been revised up and the consensus estimate has increased from -0.16 to -0.14 for 2018. To research this company view in WebBroker.

Cheers mates!
    09-03-16 07:09 PM
    It's the long weekend so I don't mind sharing these. Still a couple more days to kill before market matters. Some of the many pics I've taken over the last week.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160826_202411.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160827_153917.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160827_200659.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160829_121851.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160829_140057.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160831_085502.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160902_115351.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160902_123849.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160902_201323.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160903_083111_hdr.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160903_160311.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160903_180819.png

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 08:53 PM
    And... so I throw in a little BBRY... lol.... Here's a couple of charts. The first is the daily. I, personally, worry that a H&S pattern may come in so it needs to hold onto the $7.50 area. The second is the hourly, and only to show how resistance and support areas have an effect. Keep in mind, I haven't drawn a new line on here in months, yet the price action still sees them at certain levels.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2016-09-03-7.10.01-pm.jpgThe BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2016-09-03-7.09.37-pm.jpg
    09-03-16 09:15 PM
    Hey m8 just a quick question if you don't mind, where do you think halo will be heading to before the elections? Debating when to sell it, I want to be out of all bios before the election except for sphs also do you think eca will reach its 50ma before it's next leg up? Its been a strong support area for the stock, thank you as always!!

I'm not mentioning any names here but this guy needs to beach that sailboat and help us out here! I know he would post the Bollinger Bands for BBRY and show everyone that we are about to make another leg up from here. The stock was over-bought, it then fell to the lower end of the bands which have tightened, RSI is down to a level that will allow the stock to go on another run here. The general market looks good, we are into another quarter, everyone will come back from "boating" and start to trade again.

Attachment 407638

We rallied, paused, built a nice base, and we are ready to rally again.

Update: I'll pay good money to get a video of this guy stepping onto the dock after being out to sea for two weeks! Good luck.

Final Update: I'm selling out of ECA on this next leg up and putting all the money into SPHS, please don't follow me as this could be risky!
    Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-03-16 09:51 PM
    Hey m8 just a quick question if you don't mind, where do you think halo will be heading to before the elections? Debating when to sell it, I want to be out of all bios before the election except for sphs also do you think eca will reach its 50ma before it's next leg up? Its been a strong support area for the stock, thank you as always!!

I jumped out of HALO at $10.10 and wanting it to get closer to $9 but it's being stubborn. lol
    La Emperor likes this.
    09-03-16 09:59 PM
    CJ those pics are amazing. Looks like amazing vacation !!! I am willing to bet that Morgan isn't the only one jealous of your trip

Posted via the CrackBerry App on DTek50
    09-04-16 01:41 AM
    I jumped out of HALO at $10.10 and wanting it to get closer to $9 but it's being stubborn. lol
    I sold 1000 shrs at 10.10, been holding the rest to sell higher I was hoping it would have returned to 11$ at least by now

OlympusMons likes this.
    09-04-16 10:35 PM
    09-05-16 08:09 AM
    Unfortunately, it seems to be a late to publish, old article. It mentioned pre-orders and the date of July 21.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-16 09:38 AM
    Day off today in WS?
    Indeed Christophe, for Labor Day:
    https://www.nyse.com/markets/hours-calendars
    masterful and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-05-16 09:48 AM
    Thanks.

For Dtek I knew it. Was thinking that we had here some news about the next phones...

Merci Corbu

Posted via CB10
    Corbu likes this.
    09-05-16 10:13 AM

Just a couple of quick points here, I think the general market will trade very well in September, this bodes well for all stocks including BlackBerry and others. The Biotech Index (IBB Index) took a huge dump due to Mylan, it is now just starting to regroup from that BS. HALO looks great, it is working off the sell-off and will likely move back to $ 10.50/shr soon. Between now and the election, pharma will struggle though, as the sector is being ignored. Please be aware that the IBB Index is at a major inflection point right now, the 50-dma is about to cross up through its 200-dma and that is bullish, will the index do it on volume and start a new trend higher? I believe it happens this week so have a look at that.

I'm moving out of ECA on this next leg up, I don't see it testing its 50-dma because it couldn't get anywhere near that level on the pullback in oil to $ 40.00/bbl. We have refineries coming back on, hurricanes starting to arrive and a battle to end all battles in over-production. I can't continue to hold ECA much above $ 10.00 knowing the unpredictability of the commodity. In the very short-term, the stock gapped up on Friday, it looks to be making another run at its recent highs and the general market is back to business for a new quarter and looking good. For these reasons I want to sell ECA and move to SPHS which is dirt cheap here ..... including an IBB Index that could turn very bullish after sitting it out for much of 2016.
    09-05-16 10:36 AM
    OT:
    Apple?s New iPhones Arrive, as Glow Fades - WSJ

No big changes are expected for new iPhones, which face shrinking sales and fresh competition

As it nears its 10th year, the iPhone is maturing.

Apple Inc. Wednesday will introduce new versions of its flagship smartphone, but they likely won’t include the kind of significant new features that Apple consumers have come to expect every other year.

The new models will arrive at a critical juncture: iPhone sales are shrinking for the first time; consumers are waiting longer to upgrade their phones; and Apple faces fresh competition from rivals including Samsung Electronics Co. and Huawei Technologies Co.

The iPhone propelled Apple’s extraordinary growth in recent years, making it the world’s most valuable company.

Apple sold nearly six times as many iPhones in the year ended Sept. 26, 2015, as five years earlier. The phone accounted for nearly two-thirds of the company’s revenue.

More recently, though the glow from Apple’s initial large-screen models, introduced in 2014, has faded. IPhone revenue fell 23% in the quarter ended June 25, and Apple shares are down 4.9% over the past 12 months.

“The easy growth is starting to disappear,” said Neil Cybart, an independent Apple analyst. Research firm International Data Corp. estimates that iPhone sales will grow only 1.5% a year between 2015 and 2020.

In response, Apple has ratcheted up research and development spending, which reached $8.1 billion in the year ended September 2015, from $2.4 billion in 2011. The company is exploring new products, such as an Apple-branded vehicle, code named Project Titan. And while the Apple Watch—which could also see an upgrade at this week’s event—has been a modest success, Chief Executive Tim Cook is still looking for another breakout hit to rival the iPhone.
    It is a tough act to follow. The iPhone proved particularly popular in China, where Apple’s sales totaled $58.7 billion in the year ended September 2015.

As elsewhere, though, Apple sales in China have cooled, falling 33% in the most recent quarter, compared with the prior year.

In a July conference call with financial analysts, Mr. Cook said he is “very encouraged” by Apple’s prospects in China and India.

Analysts are less sanguine, noting that Apple’s big surge in China followed its introduction on China Mobile, one of the nation’s biggest wireless carriers.

“You don’t have another China Mobile out there,” Mr. Cybart said. “You don’t have another pocket of a couple hundred million people who could buy an iPhone over the next couple of years.”

Analysts and Apple watchers don’t anticipate a radical iPhone redesign this week, breaking with Apple’s tradition of offering a significant hardware overhaul every two years. Instead, they expect the device—likely to be called the iPhone 7—to resemble the iPhone 6, introduced in 2014. Screen sizes will likely remain 4.7 inches and 5.5 inches.

Apple on Monday declined to comment on “rumors” ahead of Wednesday’s announcement.

The Wall Street Journal reported earlier this year that Apple plans to eliminate the 3.5-millimeter headphone plug, which will make the phone thinner and improve its water resistance. Critics panned the idea; technology website the Verge described it as “user-hostile and stupid,” because it could render millions of headphones obsolete.

The Journal said Apple plans more radical changes for next year’s models, the iPhone’s 10th anniversary. Apple could eliminate the phone’s home button, add a fingerprint reader directly into the screen and even change the phone’s display to an edge-to-edge organic light-emitting diode (OLED) screen, people familiar with the matter said.

“The technology is maturing to the point where the advances aren’t nearly as large as they were in the past,” said Jan Dawson, chief analyst with Jackdaw Research.

Still, Mr. Dawson said Mr. Cook will have one objective when he takes the stage Wednesday: “They need to make sure that the people who bought the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus two years ago see the iPhone 7 as a meaningful upgrade,” he said.
    09-05-16 07:57 PM
    Reading material
    U.S Gov and BLackBerry
    We support over 80,000 users across multiple divisions of the Department of Homeland Security, including the United States Coast Guard, which expanded its long-running relationship with AtHoc last month. That same month, the United States Senate selected AtHoc as its primary crisis communications solution, and we received Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) approval from DISA for both BES12 and BlackBerry OS 10.3.2.
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/09/...erry-software/
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-07-16 at 09:24 AM.
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    09-06-16 07:20 AM
113,256 ... 39753976397739783979 ...