View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Shout out to Kadakn01 (or Dusdal or... ?) who mentioned they were going to retire only half of the debt months ago.. so perhaps there's indeed not much else going on as I expect this info got to them through the PR departement

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, kadakn01 and Mr BBRY like this.
    08-28-16 03:47 PM
    Shout out to Kadakn01 (or Dusdal or... ?) who mentioned they were going to retire only half of the debt months ago.. so perhaps there's indeed not much else going on as I expect this info got to them through the PR departement

Posted via CB10
    Kadakn01 if I'm not mistaken

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    _dimi_, Corbu and kadakn01 like this.
    08-28-16 03:58 PM
    Yeah and sp barely moved...that says something....

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, _dimi_, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    08-28-16 04:10 PM
    Regardless of the reasoning, why is it that there was a huge drop on issuance, but no prorated gain on half redemption + better rates on the rest?
    The perception that they need or don't need more cash is already built into the current day's price. It's been pretty clear from the last few quarters that they're pretty stable with their cash position. The debt buyback doesn't really change the fact. In fact, the debt buyback can actually be thought as a bit of a negative since their cash position is now weaker.

At the end of the day, a stock's price is driven by speculation and manipulation so not every piece of news will change it, while other "no news" will move moutains.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 04:57 PM
    I don't think there is anything major going on...this approach gives Prem what he wants and also gives Chen more control over EPS growth. There will be more buybacks and likely more Rev growth via takeovers. The big long suck from continued SAF declines is only going to be a factor for 1-2 more quarters, so comparables will all start improving very shortly. They are setting this up for institutional holding again, and it won't take too much longer to get there. The big question mark still hovers over the hardware side, but the comparables can't get any worse, so that ends up being just another cylinder to fire on.

If any of the new convertible holders try to reestablish short positions, there may be a chance to buy more shares if price gets under pressure.....

Posted via CB10
    So you think there is nothing to read into the perceived urgency of execution, rather than wait till Nov, 2016?
    08-28-16 05:50 PM
    OT - (maybe this one won't be deleted :| ) I just wanted to share a super short video of what I was doing yesterday. I'm sailing north to Desolation Sound and had quite good wind and seas. 25 knot sustained with gusts to 30. Exciting, to say the least, and bloody exhausting when doing it all solo. Lol. I would liked to have shot more video, but I kinda had my hands full.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 06:20 PM
    Blackberry : JP Morgan raises target price to $8 from $7; "rating neutral"
    rarsen, La Emperor, dusdal and 4 others like this.
    08-29-16 07:12 AM
    OT - (maybe this one won't be deleted :| ) I just wanted to share a super short video of what I was doing yesterday. I'm sailing north to Desolation Sound and had quite good wind and seas. 25 knot sustained with gusts to 30. Exciting, to say the least, and bloody exhausting when doing it all solo. Lol. I would liked to have shot more video, but I kinda had my hands full.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty sure you had the motor running in the background....

Lol, kidding of course!

Posted via CB10
    08-29-16 07:12 AM
    Blackberry : JP Morgan raises target price to $8 from $7; "rating neutral"
    They are bumping it up for the next ER so they don't look so stupid at the end

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    08-29-16 08:35 AM
    From the Related Technologies file with some mainstream smartphone hardware numbers, IMHO helping understand the increasing BB emphasis on software with higher margins on specialized niche products expected to greatly increase:

Apple, Samsung capture all of industry's smartphone profits | ZDNet
    "Apple accounted for 75 percent of the smartphone industry's profits in the second quarter, but that's down from more than 90 percent a year ago due to Samsung's Galaxy device lineup, according to Canaccord Genuity. Apple industry profits are sliding -- but keep in mind that the company is capturing profit share with 11.7 percent smartphone unit share in the second quarter. Walkley said that Apple's industry profit share is at its lowest point since the second quarter of 2014 before the iPhone 6 launched. Inside the Greater China region, share has shifted to Chinese OEMs as well. In fact, in Q2/C15 Apple was number 1 vendor of smartphones in China, and we now believe in Q2/C16 Apple fell to the number 5 vendor behind Huawei, OPPO, Xiaomi and VIVO."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Completely separate general information as some may know I'm in the international industrial electrotechnical sector, all of global electronic or electrical goods now represent 17.7% of total trade value.
    La Emperor, Corbu and CDM76 like this.
    08-29-16 08:43 AM
    This was a good buy inmo. I hear more blackberry success news with this company than any other blackberry subsidiary.
    http://bizblog.blackberry.com/2016/0...source=twitter

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    rarsen, La Emperor and Mr BBRY like this.
    08-29-16 08:45 AM
    08-29-16 09:18 AM
    08-29-16 10:49 AM
    BlackBerry's Form 6-K:
    Material Change Report, dated August 26, 2016
    https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/d...3/pr082916.htm
    rarsen, masterful and Superfly_FR like this.
    08-29-16 12:11 PM
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/jpmorg...172800292.html
    JPMorgan Positive On Blackberry's Debt Reduction Moves

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ: BBRY)'s announcement on Friday that it plans on partially paying off and partially refinancing its current convertible debt to reduce interest expenses is a smart move, at least according to Rod Hall of JPMorgan.

[...]

Hall estimated that BlackBerry will save close to $50 million in interest expenses annually from the transactions. As such, the analyst increased his fiscal 2017 earnings per share estimate by $0.05 to $(0.14) and his fiscal 2017 estimate was boosted by $0.09 to $(0.36) per share.

"We see this as a good transaction for BlackBerry as the one-time additional payment effectively allows for the significant reduction of annual interest expenses," Hall wrote.

Shares remain Neutral rated with a price target raised to $8 from a previous $7.
    08-29-16 03:35 PM
    Just doesn't make sense to me.
    More than 86% of the world�s iPhones can still be hacked with just a text http://www.businessinsider.com/iphon...message-2016-8

08-29-16 04:53 PM
    Just doesn't make sense to me.
    More than 86% of the world�s iPhones can still be hacked with just a text http://www.businessinsider.com/iphon...message-2016-8

And this is why BlackBerry should still be relevant. The company people view as secure (Apple) has many security holes, while BlackBerry has virtually none.
    rarsen, La Emperor, CDM76 and 1 others like this.
    08-29-16 05:04 PM
    And this is why BlackBerry should still be relevant. The company people view as secure (Apple) has many security holes, while BlackBerry has virtually none.
    And yet BlackBerry says they are secure but people don't believe them. Apple says they are secure, news like this still come out and people still believe Apple.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-16 05:10 PM
    So you think there is nothing to read into the perceived urgency of execution, rather than wait till Nov, 2016?
    He waited till it would be booked in q3, but I think the deal was in the works for a while...the premium was starting to rise, so he probably wanted to do it before it would be too costly.

Posted via CB10
    fanBBRY likes this.
    08-30-16 12:29 AM
    OT: Apple
    European Commission - PRESS RELEASES - Press release - State aid: Ireland gave illegal tax benefits to Apple worth up to ?13 billion

https://www.theguardian.com/business...land-state-aid
    Apple ordered to pay up to €13bn after EU rules Ireland broke state aid laws

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-37218692
    EU takes on Apple, Ireland and the United States
    Last edited by Corbu; 08-30-16 at 06:50 AM.
    fanBBRY, rarsen, sidhuk and 6 others like this.
    08-30-16 06:27 AM
    08-30-16 06:36 AM
    Blackberry stock price is at 7.96, in case nobody knows. LOL

Change of topic

From my TD alerts,

-Analyst Actions: Piper Jaffray Initiates Coverage on Sophiris Bio with Overweight Rating and $7 PT
    2016-08-30 08:30:00 AM ET (MT Newswires)
    08:30 AM EDT, 08/30/2016 (MT Newswires) --

Price: 3.53, Change: +0.16, Percent Change: +4.75
    08-30-16 08:37 AM
    I also noticed on TD alerts today this: BlackBerry?s (BB) ?Buy? Rating Reaffirmed at TD Securities - BBNS

So basically they reaffirmed their buy rating, and a $9 CDN price target. While I generally don't give analysts the time of day, and find it almost offensive when the stock can move double digit percentages on their ratings changes can someone explain to me what's going through their head here? So it's a buy rating, great. And that's because you think it will be at $9 CDN in the not too distance future? But wait, it's currently trading at 10.40 CDN. So if you think the stock will be ~15% lower than current levels, why would anyone buy it? Unless they think the general market is due to go down 30% I suppose....
    ZayDub, dusdal and Superfly_FR like this.
    08-30-16 09:10 AM
    Blackberry stock price is at 7.96, in case nobody knows. LOL

Change of topic

From my TD alerts,

-Analyst Actions: Piper Jaffray Initiates Coverage on Sophiris Bio with Overweight Rating and $7 PT
    2016-08-30 08:30:00 AM ET (MT Newswires)
    08:30 AM EDT, 08/30/2016 (MT Newswires) --

Price: 3.53, Change: +0.16, Percent Change: +4.75
    OT: SPHS

Overweight wow?

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    OlympusMons likes this.
    08-30-16 09:12 AM
    On the topic of TD ratings, I saw this: BlackBerry?s (BB) ?Buy? Rating Reaffirmed at TD Securities - BBNS

Basically it says TD reaffirms their buy rating, and have a price target of $9 CDN. While I generally don't give analysts a whole lot of mind, and find it almost offensive that their ratings changes can affect stocks to the tune of double digit percentage price changes, I do have to ask here what's going through their head in cases like this. So it's a buy. Good enough. Because you think it's going to $9CDN? But wait, the stock is currently at like 10.40 CDN. So you think the stock is going to decrease by 15%, and that's the sound basis of a good investment. Can anyone explain what's going on here? This is hardly a unique situation for ratings as a whole.
    ZayDub likes this.
    08-30-16 09:19 AM
113,256 ... 39723973397439753976 ...