1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Maybe we will get some Radar love tomorrow

http://ca.blackberry.com/internet-of...ar-device.html

Passport running on 10.3.2. 2876
    ZayDub, masterful, fanBBRY and 4 others like this.
    08-17-16 07:29 PM
    Is anyone still invested in ECA? Ever since I got out, it just keeps on going up.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    **raises hand**

Corbu and Mr BBRY like this.
    08-17-16 07:32 PM
    Maybe we will get some Radar love tomorrow

http://ca.blackberry.com/internet-of...ar-device.html

Why tomorrow? Is there any event tomorrow?
    08-18-16 12:02 AM
    Why tomorrow? Is there any event tomorrow?
    I suspect it might be because Wal-Mart was reporting earnings this morning (Wal-Mart reports second-quarter earnings) and there were some rumours, a while back, that Wal-Mart might be one of the companies doing some Radar trials (BlackBerry's Radar, Internet of things meets trucking system, critical to turnaround | ZDNet). Thus, perhaps, some information coming out of the EC. I might be wrong...
    08-18-16 06:32 AM
    I suspect it might be because Wal-Mart was reporting earnings this morning (Wal-Mart reports second-quarter earnings) and there were some rumours, a while back, that Wal-Mart might be one of the companies doing some Radar trials (BlackBerry's Radar, Internet of things meets trucking system, critical to turnaround | ZDNet). Thus, perhaps, some information coming out of the EC. I might be wrong...
    Corbu, thank you... This will be intereseting to wait and see.
    rarsen, Mr BBRY, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    08-18-16 07:38 AM
    Bbry doing nicely...slow and steady gains.

M8 - thoughts on SPHS breaking down below $5? How closer to $4 after a few days of downtrend. How quickly do funds need to unload the stock if it doesn't get back above $5?

Thoughts that public float now appears to be 6M shares and 12M shares held by institutions?

Posted via CB10
    SPHS:

Sorry for the delay, I'm at the lake most days in the summer. The float is 21 MM shares and the institutional mix is probably around 50/50% right now. We were really heavy on volume just above $ 5.00/shr and the company give us little reason to hold that level hence it failed. We really only filled the previous gap of $ 4.55 - $ 4.90 on this drop, it found support just below that gap and now looks ready to resume its upside. You can imagine that there is plenty of talk about next steps for this one, it isn't clear where they want to take it next so I could see a Fund selling out at the $ 5.00/shr average over time. I do believe there are more than enough non-regulated Funds out there that will absorb any stock that comes up for sale. I also believe it is done on the down side for this cycle unless the general market or Hilary opens her fat mouth. I mentioned awhile back to watch out for the blow-off volume, 28 MM shares when the total float is only 21 MM shares is that kind of blow-off. So now we are creating the launching price levels for another run higher.

ECA - I sold out just below $ 6.00/shr, my wife still holds onto a very large block of this one and their earnings surprise was clearly not expected by me! She will hold the stock until she has an enormous gain as she golfs a lot and doesn't watch it like the rest of us!

BBRY - Looks like it is breaking down, it has pulled back to correct its over-bought levels and options expiry is this Friday. Thanks goes out to Kadakn01 for his terrific information on options roll-outs. The volumes on BBRY have been backing up, so we might just be seeing a little profit-taking at these pre-earnings levels from the past Q date. I can see it clearing $ 8.23/shr in the days ahead and mounting a run to the 2016 highs as we head for Sept. and earnings. I feel that Chen is going all out to show a profit in HW, he has many phones on sale, launched the DTEK50 in time to get the biggest bang for initial shipments, and he includes several other inputs to that category now so I think he is going to surprise Wall Street this time around.

PSDV - I love this one, we own a large block of it and we won't sell until it clears $ 6.00 plus.

That should do it, MOBL is heading for its true valuation which is sub- $ 3.00/shr so all is good with the world.
    08-18-16 09:56 AM
    OT from Related Technologies file:

Samsung Shares Hit Record High - NASDAQ.com
    "That makes Samsung five times as valuable as Japan'sSony Corp. and puts it within striking distance of Chinese internet giants Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. and Tencent Holdings Ltd. as Asia's most valuable technology companies. Operating profit at its mobile unit jumped 57% in the April-to-June period from a year earlier. Samsung's stock gains, which have boosted the company's value by 44% over the past year, stand in contrast to rival Apple Inc., which has fallen 5.8% over the same period amid slumping iPhone sales. Samsung has bounced back after two difficult years in smartphone wars to reassert itself as the industry's dominant player."
    08-18-16 12:15 PM
    BlackBerry InstaGram Post...I like the attempt at marketing -- hope it bears fruit

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160818_144957.png
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160818_145006.png

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    08-18-16 02:52 PM
    Wow SPHS... up another $1 after dollars

Correction : sorry mistaken from another trade
    Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    08-18-16 05:17 PM
    SPHS:

Sorry for the delay, I'm at the lake most days in the summer. The float is 21 MM shares and the institutional mix is probably around 50/50% right now. We were really heavy on volume just above $ 5.00/shr and the company give us little reason to hold that level hence it failed. We really only filled the previous gap of $ 4.55 - $ 4.90 on this drop, it found support just below that gap and now looks ready to resume its upside. You can imagine that there is plenty of talk about next steps for this one, it isn't clear where they want to take it next so I could see a Fund selling out at the $ 5.00/shr average over time. I do believe there are more than enough non-regulated Funds out there that will absorb any stock that comes up for sale. I also believe it is done on the down side for this cycle unless the general market or Hilary opens her fat mouth. I mentioned awhile back to watch out for the blow-off volume, 28 MM shares when the total float is only 21 MM shares is that kind of blow-off. So now we are creating the launching price levels for another run higher.

ECA - I sold out just below $ 6.00/shr, my wife still holds onto a very large block of this one and their earnings surprise was clearly not expected by me! She will hold the stock until she has an enormous gain as she golfs a lot and doesn't watch it like the rest of us!

BBRY - Looks like it is breaking down, it has pulled back to correct its over-bought levels and options expiry is this Friday. Thanks goes out to Kadakn01 for his terrific information on options roll-outs. The volumes on BBRY have been backing up, so we might just be seeing a little profit-taking at these pre-earnings levels from the past Q date. I can see it clearing $ 8.23/shr in the days ahead and mounting a run to the 2016 highs as we head for Sept. and earnings. I feel that Chen is going all out to show a profit in HW, he has many phones on sale, launched the DTEK50 in time to get the biggest bang for initial shipments, and he includes several other inputs to that category now so I think he is going to surprise Wall Street this time around.

PSDV - I love this one, we own a large block of it and we won't sell until it clears $ 6.00 plus.

That should do it, MOBL is heading for its true valuation which is sub- $ 3.00/shr so all is good with the world.
    Just curious... If biotech stocks take a hit whenever Hilary says something... whats the effect if she's elected?

08-18-16 07:43 PM
    Just curious... If biotech stocks take a hit whenever Hilary says something... whats the effect if she's elected?

Destruction of investments?
    08-18-16 07:45 PM
    Absolute kaos

Posted via the CrackBerry App on DTek50
    08-18-16 10:44 PM
    Hi

BlackBerry Ltd: BBRY Stock is Setting Up for a Big Run

I'm not a professional of technical analysis; but this descending triangle looks very interesting. What do you think of it?

If we're going up, weekly MA200 stands at 9.42.

Expect to read our pros!

Thanks.
    08-19-16 08:30 AM
    OT from the SECURITY files:

'Massive' Locky ransomware campaign targets hospitals | ZDNet
    "observed a spike in the number of attempts at Locky deliveries during the first half of August, with hospitals accounting for over half the instances in which hackers attempted to infect a user with a ransomware payload."

Vulnerable smart home IoT sockets let hackers access your email account
    http://www.zdnet.com/article/vulnera...24037827013043
    Last edited by rarsen; 08-19-16 at 11:54 AM.
    08-19-16 10:24 AM
    FWIW: thestar.com
    https://www.thestar.com/business/201...eculation.html
    BlackBerry’s outlook improves, renewing buyout speculation

Analysts say the company's turnaround is still a process, even with a boost from its Radar system and software strength.

A rally in BlackBerry shares on an upbeat outlook for its software business has eased some of the short buying pressure on the stock and even renewed speculation about the possibility of a buyout.

But analysts say the company’s turnaround remains very much a work in progress despite growth catalysts, including a truck-tracking system dubbed Radar, suggesting BlackBerry needs to break even on hardware or exit the business before any advanced merger or acquisition discussions can take place.

Shares in the mobile-technology company — scheduled to announce second-quarter results on Sept. 28 — are up 22 per cent in the last three months and have gained nearly 5 per cent since Steven Li of Raymond James last week raised his rating to outperform from perform and lifted his target price to $10.50 (U.S.).

Li said the company has shifted its focus to a fast-growing, profitable and high-margin software business from money losing smartphone sales.

BlackBerry, however, launched the DTEK50 in late July, a $299 touchscreen-only Android device based on a design from Alcatel, but with what it calls BlackBerry-level security. The company is also rumoured to be planning another Android phone for release in late October or early November.

The challenge is whether the Waterloo company can convince enough corporate IT departments to buy volumes of the mid-range devices, said CCS Insight’s Nick McQuire.

But Li sees “only positives from here on” for BlackBerry, thanks to software sales gains and the removal of inventory and other balance sheet risks thanks to CEO John Chen’s decision to outsource hardware design and manufacturing.

“Now, think of the potential of licensing a ‘secured version’ to Android manufacturers and have their device enterprise ready,” Li said in a report to investors.

If the DTEK fails to perform in the market and BlackBerry cannot break even on hardware, Li said it will become a software-only company, which Wells Fargo analyst Maynard Um calls a positive thanks to “margin accretion.”

Um estimates fiscal 2017 revenue would decline to around $1.07 billion from $1.91 billion if the company were to shutter the business, but gross profit margin would increase to 79.5 per cent from 50.5 per cent.

That would equate to 2017 earnings per share of $0.27 versus the forecast, for a loss of 10 cents.

In the meantime, Li said there is “a lot to like” about BlackBerry, notably recurring software revenues of around 80 per cent and the company’s guidance for 30 per cent year-on-year software revenue growth.

“There are also a couple of near-term catalysts to boot,” he added, including the company’s move to buy back convertible debentures and its asset-tracking foray.

In March, BlackBerry unveiled Radar, a cloud-based technology that monitors the location of trailers and containers and delivers real time data to transportation managers via a secure, online portal accessible from mobile devices.

After BlackBerry’s most recent earning report, Chen called asset-tracking and connected cars a $6-billion market opportunity that’s growing at 20 per cent year over year.

And he said BlackBerry Radar offers advantages over competitors, including ease of use to allow the generation of more revenue per trailer and prevent theft.

BlackBerry conducted two “successful” proof-of-concept trials with corporate partners before the commercial launch that targets an initial market of North America, followed by Europe.

“Feedback’s been very strong,” Chen told analysts in June. “I don’t have the details of the entire pipeline, but it seems like that everything [coming] back has been very strong,” though he said BlackBerry has not factored Radar sales into 2017 earnings assumptions.

BlackBerry has faced years of declining revenue from hardware and legacy user fees and has been working to offset the drop with software sales and licensing deals.

In 2013, BlackBerry sought solicitations of interest for all or part of the company in the wake of the failed launch of its proprietary mobile operating system BB10 and reportedly entertained ultimately unsuccessful overtures from companies including China’s Xiaomi and Korean device-maker Samsung.

Chen said in June that BlackBerry is not currently seeking proposals but noted that he has a duty to consider any offer that would add to shareholder value. He has also said that Canada’s Liberal government may not take as hard a line of foreign buyouts of leading tech companies as did former PM Stephen Harper.

Analysts continue to see value in BlackBerry’s assets, including its patent of mobile technology, but Neil Mawston, executive director of mobile technology research firm Strategy Analytics, said potential outright buyers remain wary thanks to ongoing red ink and uncertainty over the future of the hardware unit.

BlackBerry, in its fiscal 2017 first quarter, posted a loss of $670 million on a worse-than-forecast annual revenue decline fuelled by a 14-per-cent drop in smartphone sales.
    08-19-16 12:42 PM
    Bbm youtube ad. Very long.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=3MyqRdkGctU

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, morganplus8, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    08-20-16 02:47 AM
    FWIW: thestar.com
    https://www.thestar.com/business/201...eculation.html
    BlackBerry�s outlook improves, renewing buyout speculation
    We're back on the buyout wagon again?

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    08-20-16 06:16 AM
    Posted a week ago and already viewed more than a million times. Emtek...
    08-20-16 07:20 AM
    Posted a week ago and already viewed more than a million times. Emtek...
    Hmm. It says it's only been viewed 558 times
    08-20-16 07:24 AM
    Hmm. It says it's only been viewed 558 times
    Check this one out. I could be wrong, though.

08-20-16 08:25 AM
    Oh. That one has. But I think it's because it's from Indonesia. They have lots of BBM users there
    08-20-16 09:18 AM
    http://www.techradar.com/us/news/pho...ticle-comments
    Interesting comment section in terms of how Rooting effects. Nice to see security and dtek50 being discussed with samsung's flagship. Security and BlackBerry.

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    08-20-16 12:42 PM
    ... Speaking of Hillary crashing stocks, I present some Bad Lip Reading for your weekend.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160820_110259_edit.png

Does anyone else have the feeling that 'They' don't want her elected?

Now, where did my flat white get to??
    morganplus8, rarsen and Mr BBRY like this.
    08-20-16 01:05 PM
    Dear Mr. Putin: Here�s Why You Should Help Save My Beloved BlackBerry | TIME - http://time.com/4447974/dear-mr-puti...ed-blackberry/

Some lite reading

CDM76 likes this.
    08-21-16 08:11 AM
    https://techcrunch.com/2016/08/01/ve...in-telematics/

So Verizon purchasing of fleetmatics ($60/shares) gives potentially boost to Radar.

Radar is not just GPS but also tracks inventory in real time which is really great for companies tracking their inventories.

08-21-16 09:32 AM
113,256 ... 39663967396839693970 ...