View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Comments from Dylan Habkirk (in his bbm channel) indicates the next full touch device will be out before halloween!!! This is super exciting.
    I'm looking forward to the pkb device! But it's still stinks it's on android. It will have to be pretty compelling to convince me to switch. The Classic is showing its age though and isn't as responsive as I'd like. Probably due to lack of memory. Wish it was more in line with the passport spec wise

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    Mr BBRY and OlympusMons like this.
    08-11-16 11:29 AM
    Apple died with Steve Jobs. Has Tim Cook released anything inventive? The watch bombed, tv has been a no show, and the Iphone is stale. Apple is now Microsoft when Gates retired.
    He's got them working on that car, managing to swipe Dodge away from the QNX team, while he was at it.
    08-11-16 11:46 AM
    He's got them working on that car, managing to swipe Dodge away from the QNX team, while he was at it.
    Timmy also gave shareholders a bloated OS, two year old technology and declining revenues, declining ASP and declining earnings too. Can't wait to see what a two year old car looks like. Dodge needs to get out of town .......... asap.

In better news we are tracking a multi month closing high for BBRY! If we can take out the March highs, we'll have a great rally going on here.
    fanBBRY, Corbu, masterful and 11 others like this.
    08-11-16 01:23 PM
    BBRY just dropped PRIV pricing by $150 to $500 USD. Bigger drop of $250 in Canada now $650 CAD. This is getting a lot interesting on hardware profitability.
    masterful, CDM76, Jh4454 and 1 others like this.
    08-11-16 02:18 PM
    Comments from Dylan Habkirk (in his bbm channel) indicates the next full touch device will be out before halloween!!! This is super exciting.
    Would be amazing it is was a partnership with one of the next Nexus phones (there are 3 of them). Quite doubtful though as Blackberry sauce would need to be working on Nougat out of the gate...
    masterful and StormieTwo like this.
    08-11-16 03:04 PM
    Anyone else think Chen has front loaded the Indonesia BBM licensing to make Hardware business unit profitable for this Q? I believe it averaged out to 8M per quarter, even if he took a 'first and last' quarter cut it would give him 16M of the 20M needed to break even. Add in the channel fill rev for DTEK50....
    alludba, fanBBRY and Munx like this.
    08-11-16 03:54 PM
    fanBBRY, what are you suggesting?
    08-11-16 04:10 PM
    fanBBRY, what are you suggesting?
    I sense some big money rolling in... Wait for it...Ka-ching!!!
    08-11-16 05:39 PM
    Old Radar article: Hoping to hear more about Radar - maybe have to wait until the ER.

Posted via CB10
    fanBBRY likes this.
    08-11-16 06:23 PM
    Old Radar article: Hoping to hear more about Radar - maybe have to wait until the ER.

Posted via CB10
    Will likely be a year MINIMUM before we start to see any real benefits from radar.

Posted via CB10
    StormieTwo likes this.
    08-11-16 06:45 PM
    Will likely be a year MINIMUM before we start to see any real benefits from radar.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe. If it's true that Wal-Mart is a customer, I'd imagine we'll be hearing earlier than that. I have a hunch that it's why Chen was confident hardware division will be profitable this q - but I'm probably crazy.

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub likes this.
    08-11-16 07:50 PM
    More updates soon,

For now the 13F's are just starting to come in.

Some changes:

Fidelity bought about 4.5M shares last quarter and added 18.5M to thier converts in BBRY. Why this is notable is that at the end of 2015 they sold nearly 6M shares, so it is nice to see them buying those back and buying some of the debt as well. they now own about $29,780,000 in debt, and 11.8M shares of stock.
    morganplus8, CDM76, Munx and 9 others like this.
    08-11-16 09:27 PM
    Just watching todays BNN Market Call, where Guest Ross Healy (according to internet he predicted the fall of Nortel. This is someones quote "Healy is most famous (at least to me) for his contrarian announcement in 1999 that Nortel Networks shares were worth less than $10 at a time when Nortel shares were hitting highs of more than $110. Healy was not quite right—Nortel shares declined to almost nothing in two short years and I have been client of his ever since.)"

Today:
    In reply to a call in question on BB, said he was Bullish a year ago and still is ($20+Stk) be patient and positive. No one can match their quality network, software going just gangbusters, personally not sure why still in phones but its OK, as hard to let go
    Elements of company worth a lot, Value remains solid and growth in some elements spectacular .
    Last edited by seven90; 08-11-16 at 11:03 PM.
    08-11-16 10:40 PM
    Raymond James upgrades BBRY to market outperform, sets price target of $10.50. People are starting to take notice, this may be the news that gives us a breakout.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-16 07:09 AM
    In reply to a call in question on BB, said he was Bullish a year ago and still is ($20+Stk) be patient and positive. No one can match their quality network, software going just gangbusters, personally not sure why still in phones but its OK, as hard to let go
    Elements of company worth a lot, Value remains solid and growth in some elements spectacular .
    Here is the link:
    Video - BNN

Thanks seven90!
    08-12-16 07:17 AM
    Raymond James upgrades BBRY to market outperform, sets price target of $10.50. People are starting to take notice, this may be the news that gives us a breakout.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-original_60453792.jpg

Thanks Radagast2012!
    08-12-16 07:24 AM
    08-12-16 07:44 AM
    Hence the 4% surge today.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-16 08:37 AM
    Use to be. Every time there is an upgrade or a good news about BlackBerry, stock had to start or end the day in Red. Let's see the trend now.

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    08-12-16 08:42 AM
    Use to be. Every time there is an upgrade or a good news about BlackBerry, stock had to start or end the day in Red. Let's see the trend now.

This time there seems to be a broader optimism on BBRY from multiple sources (regarding various business units). I wouldn't under estimate this rally.

The analyst upgrade is just an effect of the optimism seen and not the cause.
    rarsen, sidhuk, La Emperor and 1 others like this.
    08-12-16 08:55 AM
    08-12-16 09:16 AM
    I'm long $BBRY since a few weeks because I really do believe this software future makes sense. Seems more and more people are realizing this. That's cool. Should be a nice little gain for all of us.
    kadakn01 and Superfly_FR like this.
    08-12-16 09:19 AM
    This time there seems to be a broader optimism on BBRY from multiple sources (regarding various business units). I wouldn't under estimate this rally.

The analyst upgrade is just an effect of the optimism seen and not the cause.
    No one cut BlackBerry/john Chen any slack (lol Mobil). To the point that BlackBerry is nothing but a "Real Company". Hats are off to John Chen and his team that they didn't give in to the haters, doom and Gloom.

08-12-16 09:24 AM

I agree, we might be seeing the changing of the guard here, MS was not BlackBerry's friend for so many years, and now, they leap into the $ 10.50/US area on their first revision.

Looking at today, we have only one analyst jumping off the bashing ship here, it is Friday, mid Summer, the stock is over-bought, it has only been above $ 8.20/shr for 7 days this year and most of that was plunging, BUT, we are holding nicely at $ 8.00/plus/shr on heavy volume! Can we do the unthinkable on a down day for everything else and set ourselves up for a concerted move to a new March 2016 closing high next week? Too bad the trading day is 6 1/2 hours long, I want to see us go for gold right now! Let's build a base above $ 8.00/shr and set ourselves up for next week.
    08-12-16 09:51 AM
    Chen really does need to show hardware unit profit this Q. That will remediate the hardware money losing noise and let the company be valued without the hardware weight holding it down...and then hardware unit can just be a 'bonus' to the business going forward.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-16 11:46 AM
113,256 ... 39633964396539663967 ...