Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    08-09-16 09:15 AM
    The official PR:
    INPS CHOOSES BLACKBERRY’S BES12 TO SECURELY MANAGE ITS MULTI-PLATFORM MOBILE FLEET
    http://press.blackberry.com/en/press...ile_fleet.html
    08-09-16 10:22 AM
    08-09-16 12:40 PM
    Short interest
    As of July 15 ------------------- 53.7M
    As of July 29 ------------------- 54.1M
    Slight increase of about 400K shares

This period covers bbry going from 6.64 to 7.74

Posted on my Priv
    08-09-16 03:06 PM
    OT from Related Technologies file, Huawei and TELUS to create 5G in Downtown Vancouver:

Huawei Canada - Press Releases
    "This innovative new project will test approaches to deliver a next-generation converged fibre-wireless network in downtown Vancouver."
    Comment: From a Montreal newspaper, it could possibly reach up to 100 times speed of G4 ???
    Le Montr�al intelligent de demain | Technologie
    08-09-16 04:10 PM
    Apple died with Steve Jobs. Has Tim Cook released anything inventive? The watch bombed, tv has been a no show, and the Iphone is stale. Apple is now Microsoft when Gates retired.
    08-09-16 04:12 PM
    OT: SPHS

Second ER is in but can't copy and paste so here is the link.

http://investor.sophirisbio.com/rele...leaseID=983729

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    Corbu, sidhuk, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    08-09-16 09:20 PM
    OT: SPHS

Second ER is in but can't copy and paste so here is the link.

http://investor.sophirisbio.com/rele...leaseID=983729

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    @Morgan8 would you kindly share your thoughts and comments on the second ER.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    sidhuk, alludba and OlympusMons like this.
    08-09-16 09:34 PM
    OT: NantHealth (NH)

Hey guys! I rarely post here but I read almost everything on this thread.

I wanted to know what you guys thought about NantHealth since they had their IPO in June. I know BlackBerry invested in the company prior to the IPO. What are your opinions on NantHealth as an investment?

Cheers!
    masterful, Mr BBRY, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    08-10-16 06:49 AM
    Analysts accused of underestimating IT security growth | CRN

"It is likely that analyst firms will catch up during the second half of 2016 and update the disproportionately low share of total IT spending which security is expected to account for, over the next five years, in their current reports," said Morgan.

"Many corporations are hesitant to announce breaches they've suffered � and the amounts of their increased security budgets � for fear of reputational damage and of antagonising cybercriminals.

"By 2020, we expect IT analysts covering cybersecurity will be predicting five-year spending forecasts to 2025 at well over $1tn (�770bn)."
    masterful, rarsen, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    08-10-16 06:57 AM
    The Cybersecurity 500 is the definitive list of the world�s hottest and most innovative companies in the cybersecurity industry.

BlackBerry is number 72 overall in the Cybersecurity 500 and BlackBerry is the highest-ranking, mobile-focused company on the Cybersecurity 500 list of �most innovative companies�

BlackBerry is the highest-ranking, mobile-focused company on the Cybersecurity 500 list of most innovative companies: - Gadget Mash
    08-10-16 07:09 AM
    08-10-16 07:17 AM
    BlackBerry Certifies First Global Platinum Solutions Providers for Security and Mobility Services

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/blackb...130000131.html

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Aug 10, 2016) - BlackBerry Limited (BBRY)(BB.TO), a global leader in secure mobile communications, today announced the first wave of Platinum achievements for partners as a result of the renewed Enterprise Partner Program for solutions providers. The program was launched in May and with ISEC7, GFI, GENOA and novalink, already four global partners are now ranked in the top tier level. This highest tier recognizes partners that are qualified to deliver the complete BlackBerry portfolio of competencies and have the most in-depth technology skills and expertise. These long term partners continue to demonstrate commitment on delivering industry leading secure mobility solutions from BlackBerry to customers.

"We are excited that ISEC7, GFI, GENOA and novalink achieved Platinum level in our Enterprise Partner Program by providing excellent consulting, professional services, and support and software lifecycle management opportunities for customers moving to mobile business," said Richard McLeod, Vice President Global Channels at BlackBerry.

To become a Platinum Partner, solutions providers need to build competencies on several disciplines to be a BlackBerry Support Professional, BlackBerry System Integration Professional, BlackBerry Technical Sales Professional and BlackBerry Advanced Sales expert. These four partners have made significant investment in building capabilities for BlackBerry�s secure mobility platform and will benefit from the closest relationship with BlackBerry including an incremental service discount with Support Services. This is their feedback on partnering with BlackBerry.

"?��?��The Platinum Solutions Provider designation will give us a branding advantage in the market, while the new accreditations and competencies included in the BlackBerry Enterprise Partner Program will further improve our capabilities and help us stand out from the crowd," explained Marco Gocht, CEO, ISEC7 Group AG.

"We are delighted to have received the achievement of Platinum Solutions Provider. This confirms the long term trustworthy and solid partnership as well as the mutual appreciation between GFI and BlackBerry. Customers of GFI benefit from this continued highest available partner accreditation by receiving superior mobility consulting, support and development services and get linked to the best in class security and mobility solutions from BlackBerry," said Jan Ratzke, CEO, GFI Informationsdesign GmbH.

"It is important for us to provide our customers with the best full-service for secure mobility management. We are delighted to be the first authorized Platinum Solutions Provider for BlackBerry in Austria. Through our close relationship with BlackBerry and this certification we are able to proof and optimize our in-depth skills and expertise. We stand for solutions on the highest level for the benefit of our customers," added Elmar Jilka, CEO, GENOA net works IT-Beratungs GmbH.

"Being a Swiss company, novalink puts high value on comprehensive expert service as well as customer focus. Partners and clients are being constantly and personally supported in the whole cycle of sales, support, development and workshops. Working with the right partner is important and our new BlackBerry Platinum Solutions Provider status demonstrates that novalink is even more present on the Swiss market and conquers new customer segments," said Christoph Hodel, CEO, novalink GmbH.

As part of the ongoing commitment to provide customers with world-class secure mobility solutions via accredited partners, BlackBerry will continue to invest in building out competencies and providing enhanced resources and support for Platinum Partners. This gives partners the right competitive advantage in the market.
    08-10-16 08:16 AM
    Blackberry really needs to hand this kind of this stuff over the marketing and really push the security narrative. Sadly as a consumer we will unlikely see any big marketing push as they have given up on consumer for the time being but I really hope they make the security case for themselves in the enterprise world.
    08-10-16 08:40 AM

HALO also reported earnings yesterday - could you please also briefly add your thoughts on that @Morgan8 ? Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    08-10-16 08:57 AM
    08-10-16 10:21 AM

OT

I'll give you a quick go on SPHS, they didn't provide us with any more information then we already know, everyone is waiting to see how they will partner up or possibly be acquired and we got nothing on that end of the business. The stock itself is a buy whenever it dips under $ 5.00 as that is the level that many Funds need to support to hold onto it in their accounts. You would do better by looking up and keeping track of the institutional ownership of this one. That number is important and should be growing each month.

Might as well do HALO too - great numbers, revenues up, guidance up, cash up, dropped one study, that's okay, I would rather they drop it then spend the money on something that isn't providing statistically important data. Great that Pfizer is moving their combo along and Enhanze is tracking better then expected. A really nice report. This one is held back by their aggressive spend program but even that was reduced by aprox. $ 15 MM bucks so this Q was a beat in every way. I know, the IBB Index stalled out the last few days but these plays are "A" stocks and will move higher as technicals permit.

BBRY - Is holding its TA levels and the company continues to pump news out every day it seems. I still think we can move above our recent highs of $ 7.91/shr and make a run for at least the top of the channel at $ 8.20/shr soon. We get the most important part of a new product launch in the next Q from the DTek50 and that includes units shipped not just sold to end users any more, so the next Q could be a hot one indeed.

Personal Comment: WTF is going on with MOBL, it is trading at $ 3.39 and that should be $ 2.39 as they dropped another $ 15 MM in cash and looked topped out on revenues. Here is an example of a stock that is being supported against all of the data. I hate this one above $ 2.50/shr. That feels better!

As for the general market, the DOW seems to be stuck in the Summer doldrums right now ,with little commitment these days. Best of luck to everyone!
    08-10-16 10:28 AM
    OT - HALO - One thing that kills me about this one, is the fact that there's around 77% institutional ownership, and a 19.5% short interest.
    morganplus8, Corbu, CDM76 and 7 others like this.
    08-10-16 07:31 PM
    OT: NantHealth (NH)

Hey guys! I rarely post here but I read almost everything on this thread.

I wanted to know what you guys thought about NantHealth since they had their IPO in June. I know BlackBerry invested in the company prior to the IPO. What are your opinions on NantHealth as an investment?

Cheers!
    Quick question for anyone that would know:

If NantHealth is really successful, how and where would this show in the BlackBerry portfolio, and would this potentially affect our stock price?

Thanks in advance.
    08-10-16 08:38 PM
    OT

I couldn't resist. Got my DTEK50 today! I have the Priv, I will be using the DTEK50 for my other line.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-20160811_100056000_ios.jpg
    08-11-16 06:51 AM
    Quick question for anyone that would know:

If NantHealth is really successful, how and where would this show in the BlackBerry portfolio, and would this potentially affect our stock price?

Thanks in advance.
    I think it would be shown under long-term Investments on their balance sheet. So If NH does do well, BlackBerry's long-term investment amount would increase accordingly and so would it stock price since it would reflect the increase in the value of their NH investment.
    StormieTwo and Bacon Munchers like this.
    08-11-16 06:55 AM
    You think this is a good time to buy into HALO, I remember back in 2014 Morgan pointing this stock out and then seeing it take off to above 20 in 2015 and was like **** i missed the boat. So has the boat came back for me ? lol
    Mr BBRY and alludba like this.
    08-11-16 08:26 AM
    Some BBRY opinions from Media starting to turn slowly:

BlackBerry: Will Bears Give Up Now? - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha
    "Violating the short-term trendlines is easier compared to the hardened long-term trendlines. Interestingly, the cap imposed by the long-term resistance line is also near $8 per share. On a purely technical basis, if the stock manages to close above this resistance line on a weekly basis, and sustain there, we can surely expect the bears to cave under pressure. A resultant ferocious upside move cannot be ruled out in that case.

For the non-believers in price action, I cannot stress enough but distressed stocks frequently rise violently higher on positive news or development."
    08-11-16 09:28 AM

Published on Aug 11, 2016
    Mobile operator,Vodafone Germany, now offers Enhanced SIM-Based Licensing (ESBL) by BlackBerry. With the new ESBL offering, Vodafone customers can get BES12, a cross-platform EMM solution by BlackBerry, integrated with their wireless monthly subscriber billing. Hear Joachim Jokisch, Senior Product Manager Mobile Ecosystems, talk about how the ESBL offering is providing customers an improved purchasing experience by consolidating operational costs into one monthly invoice.
    La Emperor, rarsen, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    08-11-16 10:01 AM
    Comments from Dylan Habkirk (in his bbm channel) indicates the next full touch device will be out before halloween!!! This is super exciting.
    ZayDub, Superfly_FR and StormieTwo like this.
    08-11-16 11:24 AM
113,256 ... 39623963396439653966 ...