View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I've pretty sure that page has been there for a while now. It's just very general information and really just a placeholder of a page.

Posted via CB10
    I think so too
    08-02-16 10:59 PM
    Wow, indeed!!

It would be a real bonus if BlackBerry could make this (BlackBerry Radar) a profitable Line of business adding to both revenues and profitability.... very interested to see them succeed here. Any word on when this is going live?

Posted via CB10
    Don't get too excited. Fleetmatics is a ****ty company that is way overvalued. The space is crowded and I think the only reason they bought them was the tax jurisdiction.
    08-03-16 12:26 AM
    OT : Security - hack of medical data.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/hac...rology-clinics

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, W Hoa, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    08-03-16 05:06 AM
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/blackb...130000154.html

BlackBerry Launches Software Licensing Program for Its Mobility Solutions Business

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Aug 3, 2016) - BlackBerry Limited (BBRY)(BB.TO), a global leader in secure mobile communications, announced today the launch of a software licensing program for its Mobility Solutions business by introducing the BlackBerry� Hub+ for Android. A suite of BlackBerry applications, BlackBerry Hub+ makes productivity and communication on Android 6.0 Marshmallow smartphones effortless.

BlackBerry's Mobility Solutions unit manages the BlackBerry smartphone business and development of device software offerings that includes maximizing the best of BlackBerry 10 software features and making them accessible on other platforms.

"An important initiative of the Mobility Solutions unit is a software strategy that combines BlackBerry's strength in security, engineering savvy and device experience. The result - the ability to extend the best of BlackBerry's secure communications and productivity features to any Android M consumer, enterprise or government customer," said Ralph Pini, Chief Operating Officer and General Manager, Mobility Solutions, BlackBerry. "Our customers have always raved about the unique experience of our proprietary productivity apps such as the BlackBerry Hub, calendar and contacts, amongst others. I'm excited that we're now able to offer these amazing features to all Android users that demand the most out of their smartphones."

The Best of BlackBerry…on Android

BlackBerry Hub+ for Android is a suite of applications that includes the BlackBerry Hub, calendar, contacts, notes, tasks, device search, launcher and password keeper applications for Android smartphones.

Users can download a free trial from Google Play and access BlackBerry Hub+ from any Android device running 6.0 Marshmallow. The trial includes a suite of applications, including the BlackBerry Hub, calendar and password keeper. After a 30-day trial, users can continue using the apps for free with an ad-based experience, or subscribe to the entire suite of apps for 99 cents a month, which will include additional features: contacts, tasks, device search, notes and launcher. Additionally, users can choose to download the full suite from Google Play or just pick their favorite apps.

For users on BlackBerry� 10, PRIV™ and DTEK50™, all of these apps come fully integrated for a seamless out of the box experience.
    Great move BlackBerry! I just hope it gains traction. This move still hasn't paid off for BBM, but there is potential. Let's hope we see some offset in the SAF revenue decline.
    08-03-16 08:35 AM
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/blackb...130000154.html

BlackBerry Launches Software Licensing Program for Its Mobility Solutions Business

Great move BlackBerry! I just hope it gains traction. This move still hasn't paid off for BBM, but there is potential. Let's hope we see some offset in the SAF revenue decline.

Wow!

This could be hundreds of millions of brand new service revenue

In the other side, it's some arguments less in favor of BlackBerry android phones.

Posted via CB10
    fanBBRY likes this.
    08-03-16 08:58 AM
    Wow!

In the other side, it's some arguments less in favor of BlackBerry android phones.

Posted via CB10
    Software licensing makes way way more money than selling pancakes

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    08-03-16 09:02 AM
    08-03-16 09:22 AM
    It remains free on BlackBerry devices, right?

Posted via CB10
    masterful likes this.
    08-03-16 09:40 AM
    It remains free on BlackBerry devices, right?
    For users on BlackBerry� 10, PRIV™ and DTEK50™, all of these apps come fully integrated for a seamless out of the box experience.
    08-03-16 09:56 AM
    So technically you could save $1 month until your priv dies or DTEK50

fanBBRY likes this.
    08-03-16 10:11 AM
    So technically you could save $1 month until your priv dies or DTEK50

Plus, still missing monthly security updates and no hardening of the OS.
    Would be interesting to see the pricing for IOS.

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    08-03-16 10:50 AM
    Finally a couple steps in the right direction . Been a long time since Blackberry made 2 or 3 correct steps in a row without dropping the ball.
    bspence87 and CDM76 like this.
    08-03-16 12:15 PM
    08-03-16 12:16 PM
    08-03-16 12:18 PM
    Wow!

Posted via CB10
    I think that if BlackBerry doesn't really intend on non businesses buying their secure phones, then those businesses that do buy the secure phones are buying them for the added security enhancements, not the productivity suite. These other non BlackBerry androids don't have the "special security sauce" baked into the hardware, so there's still an incentive (a huge one imo) to purchase BlackBerry hardware. On the other hand, consumers (which we've lost anyway for the most part) can still be monetized by using bbies apps, which if the experience is favorable, maybe they will convert to our hardware in the future too

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    08-03-16 01:17 PM
    BlackBerry is setting the stage for life after it quits making BlackBerrys - Recode
    By Ina Fried

BlackBerry hopes Android owners will pay 99 cents per month to use its software on their devices.

With BlackBerry moving its phone efforts onto Android, the company is trying to salvage what good ideas it can from the spectacular flop that was the BB10 operating system.

The company is taking the Hub feature, which brings together email, social media and messaging into one spot, and making it available as an Android app via the Google Store.

BlackBerry Hub+ will run on all Android phones with the Marshmallow version of the operating system, with a 30-day free trial. After that, BlackBerry says it will charge 99 cents per month for its suite of Android software, which includes its take on contacts, notes and tasks as well as on-device search.

The move to offer the Hub broadly for Android could be preparation for BlackBerry’s next life, in which the company doesn’t make its own phones. CEO John Chen has said he would exit the hardware business if he couldn’t turn things profitable this year.

And that hardware effort appears to be on the ropes. The initial Android phone, Priv, a sleek slider phone, did not sell well. The company’s just-introduced second Android phone, the DTEK 50, is a rebadged version of Alcatel’s Idol 4. While that cuts down the design costs and manufacturing risks, it would also appear to make it hard for BlackBerry to stand out.

Chen has said in the past he wants to see BlackBerry’s software on other companies’ phones.

“We are going to build a business on putting [our software] on other people’s devices,” Chen said at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona last year, referencing the Hub as a possible option. He also said he might be open to licensing some features to other phone makers.

BlackBerry has already brought the BBM to Android and iOS, though perhaps a little too late to capitalize on what was once a very popular chat platform.

Chen knows that if BlackBerry’s future is one that doesn’t include phone hardware, it needs a strong business in software. He’s been working hard in that area, making sure BlackBerry’s core server software can manage all kinds of devices and also looking to create consumer businesses where he can.

Software is already on pace to generate $500 million in annual revenue, though BlackBerry still gets a lot of revenue from hardware.
    Superfly_FR and rarsen like this.
    08-03-16 01:30 PM
    Someone should tell Fried that 500 million was last years software goal..

Posted via CB10
    08-03-16 01:57 PM
    Everyone needs to get ready for "Blackberry Mach 2" in September. Chen is gonna kill the phone division. There's absolutely no reason for someone to buy these new phones. In a saturated market, you better bring flash and invention or you will be lost in the sea of identical phones. I'd like to hear someone sell me on why this phone will do any better than the Priv. I demand an answer!!!
    08-03-16 06:07 PM
    Everyone needs to get ready for "Blackberry Mach 2" in September. Chen is gonna kill the phone division. There's absolutely no reason for someone to buy these new phones. In a saturated market, you better bring flash and invention or you will be lost in the sea of identical phones. I'd like to hear someone sell me on why this phone will do any better than the Priv. I demand an answer!!!
    Of course you are entitled to have your own opinion. Good luck!
    CDM76 and masterful like this.
    08-03-16 06:18 PM
    fanBBRY, what is your opinion?
    08-03-16 06:46 PM
    My opinion is that blackberry will fail to win you as a customer. They better focus on the remainder of the 7 billion people over the world. What do you think? Am I right ?
    08-03-16 07:06 PM
    I'm a stockholder so they already won me over
    08-03-16 07:13 PM
    When you look at what the DTEK50 offers, there isn't a sea of identical phones. Enterprises do their research, and with security becoming an ever-growing concern, BlackBerry DOES stand out. The problem wasn't as much sales numbers but the cost to manufacture. With costs once again lowered, even a small uptick in sales creates a whole new landscape for BlackBerry's hardware division

Let's not be quitters here, and give it an honest effort. Afterall, that's why we're still taking our lumps as BBRY investors, right?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-03-16 09:27 PM
    http://www.marketwired.com/press-rel...ry-2148061.htm
    BlackBerry Announces Normal Course Issuer Bid for Convertible Debentures

August 04, 2016 09:00 ET

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Aug. 4, 2016) - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB), a global leader in secure mobile communications, today announced that it has received acceptance from the Toronto Stock Exchange (the "TSX") with respect to a normal course issuer bid ("NCIB") to purchase up to US$125,000,000 principal amount of its 6 percent unsecured convertible debentures (BB.DB.U) (the "Debentures"), representing 10 percent of the issued and outstanding Debentures in the public float as at July 31, 2016. BlackBerry can purchase the Debentures pursuant to the NCIB through the facilities of the TSX or alternative trading systems commencing on August 8, 2016 and ending on November 13, 2016, or such earlier time as the NCIB is completed or terminated by BlackBerry. Any Debentures purchased under the NCIB will be cancelled. BlackBerry has entered into an automatic purchase plan dated as of August 2, 2016 with BMO Nesbitt Burns Inc. to allow for the repurchase of Debentures at times when BlackBerry ordinarily would not be active in the market due to its own internal trading blackout periods, insider trading rules or otherwise.

As of July 29, 2016, BlackBerry had US$1,250,000,000 principal amount of Debentures outstanding and the average daily trading volume for the 6 months prior to July 31, 2016 was US$184,182. Under the NCIB, daily purchases will be limited to US$46,045, other than block purchases.

"We intend to take advantage of our strong cash position to repurchase convertible debentures in order to reduce both our interest expense and potential future dilution of our shareholders," said John Chen, Executive Chairman and CEO, BlackBerry.

The price that BlackBerry will pay for any shares under the share repurchase program will be the prevailing market price at the time of purchase. The actual principal amount of Debentures to be purchased and the timing and pricing of any purchases under the NCIB will be determined by BlackBerry. There is no assurance that any Debentures will be purchased under the NCIB and BlackBerry may elect to modify, suspend or discontinue the NCIB at any time without prior notice.

BlackBerry had a normal course issuer bid in place which terminated on June 28, 2016, pursuant to which BlackBerry purchased 12,606,978 of its common shares at a weighted average price of US$7.35.

The TSX has neither reviewed nor accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this news release.
    08-04-16 08:05 AM
    http://www.marketwired.com/press-rel...ry-2148061.htm
    Can someone please dumb it down.

CDM76 and Superfly_FR like this.
    08-04-16 08:38 AM
113,256 ... 39593960396139623963 ...