View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    From the iVerge....scary (in a good way)

Hands-on with BlackBerry's touchscreen phone | The Verge
    Wow did I read it right from iverge?

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    La Emperor and sidhuk like this.
    07-27-16 08:55 AM
    Wow did I read it right from iverge?

Cant Believe Verge said that, dont trust these guys.
    BBRY at least it got some bump.
    and SPHS what a roller coaster. LOL
    07-27-16 09:54 AM
    Sorry, but this had to be printed here, FTR
    How long before we hit he $8's ?
    GL to all !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    07-27-16 10:52 AM
    Sorry, but this had to be printed here, FTR
    How long before we hit he $8's ?
    GL to all !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	449 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	404925
    Not the SF Indicator! LMAO!

Cheers!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    07-27-16 10:55 AM
    Morgan any thoughts on BBRY having a high RSI (almost 70.00)and bouncing through the 200 ma? Normally a sell situation for me. Thanks.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry.jpg
    sidhuk, rarsen, La Emperor and 1 others like this.
    07-27-16 11:19 AM
    Unboxing the BlackBerry DTEK50: A CIO?s first take on the new Android smartphone | IT World Canada News

[...]

Bottom Line

BlackBerry got a lot right with the new DTEK50. The price point is excellent and the cost of ownership in terms of peripherals adds to the cost savings in a meaningful way. For their intended customer base of SME�s and security conscious consumers this matters.

In terms of usability, as I noted, BlackBerry doesn�t get enough credit for the ergonomics and practicality of their hardware and software. Only BlackBerry fans really seem to appreciate some fo the features which really do make setup and operation easy and enhance productivity.

Even for the sophisticated road warrior, this phone has a lot going for it. It�s elegant and light. It�s responsive and has great productivity features. And it�s secure � for those of us carrying valuable data on our phones, that matters.

If they can get that message through to a budget conscious SME user, John Chen may have two successes to his credit � the transformation of BlackBerry into a serious enterprise software firm and the resurrection of the handset, perhaps not to its past glory, but at least to a respectable niche offering. Time will tell.

Good first impression on this one. I�ll be checking it out over the next few days.
    W Hoa, Uzi, ZayDub and 7 others like this.
    07-27-16 11:33 AM
    Morgan any thoughts on BBRY having a high RSI (almost 70.00)and bouncing through the 200 ma? Normally a sell situation for me. Thanks.

Name:	bbry.JPG 
Views:	1341 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	404927
    Sorry guys, I'm on the run lately and not near a PC. Here is a quick chart:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-july-27-2016.png

You are right, we have touched RSI=70 and not done well in the past. We now have resistance at $ 7.50/shr and a down sloping line to boot. The strength on this run looks better than the past and the general market is excellent so I think we can pop up into the higher channel and build from there.
    A lot of stocks have made good runs and now its BBRY's turn. We are making highs all day and there doesn't seem to be any selling into this rally so I'll look for it to stay above its 200-dma and press that $ 7.50 level. The press/media has been good on the new phone and HW was the only area where we were taking a ton of heat. Watch how it handles the next channel up from here.

RE: SPHS - We had that blow-off top in the volume that I mentioned you should be watching for, it doesn't mean the rally is over but it will take a few days to settle down before it rallies again. This happened when it hit $ 3.00/shr and we backed up slightly to regroup.

Yes, I love PSDV, we own a ton of it and they are able to make blind patients drive again, that's crazy. It isn't a SPHS but it is going higher and will be bought out.

That should do it, gotta go!
    rarsen, sidhuk, W Hoa and 14 others like this.
    07-27-16 11:55 AM
    DTEK50 pre-orders Canada. $429

ShopBlackBerry Online Store - DTEK50
    07-27-16 12:50 PM
    07-27-16 03:10 PM
    Anybody have an idea of what the "50" in DTEK50 indicates?

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    07-27-16 04:11 PM
    A nod to 50 Cent....

Posted by my Passport SE
    07-27-16 04:28 PM

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    Great question but no

ZayDub likes this.
    07-27-16 04:53 PM

My understanding:
    Z10-Z30-DTEK50 --> All Touch "evolving".

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub, Superfly_FR and rarsen like this.
    07-27-16 05:13 PM

I guess the yet-to-be-announced high-end version will be named BlackBerry DTEK100.

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub likes this.
    07-27-16 06:09 PM
    I guess the yet-to-be-announced high-end version will be named BlackBerry DTEK100.

Posted via CB10
    Don't think so because the next is with keyboard

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    ZayDub likes this.
    07-27-16 06:39 PM
    07-27-16 06:50 PM
    Pretty cool and cheap way to market your product.

Superfly_FR, CDM76 and rarsen like this.
    07-27-16 06:51 PM
    BlackBerry Ltd Jumps As Analysts Positive On DTEK50 - ValueWalk

BlackBerry shares are marking their second day of gains after the company unveiled its second Android-based phone. The question now is whether a less expensive Android phone will convince the masses to return to BlackBerry, and it will be quite a while before we know the answer to that question. For now, analysts seem pleased with the direction CEO John Chen is taking.

BlackBerry looking like a “hardware design house”

RBC Capital Markets analyst Paul Treiber noted that structurally, BlackBerry is “looking more like a hardware design house.” Chen recently referred to the company as such, replacing the description of a “handset manufacturer.” Treiber explained that the DTEK50 is basically the very first customized phone that was designed and manufactured by another vendor. Recall that BlackBerry designed the Priv in-house. TCL is manufacturing the DTEK50, according to FCC documents, which also reveal that the handset has nearly the same specs as the Alcatel Idol 4, also made by TCL.

BlackBerry signed its first agreement with another company to manufacture its smartphones in late 2013 when it contracted with Apple assembler Foxconn. The company said on its last conference calls that its agreements have become financially more attractive than the first agreement with Foxconn, noted Treiber. He added that breakeven for BlackBerry’s handset business declined to 3 million per year in April from 5 million at the end of last year.

BlackBerry’s risks reduced

BGC analyst Colin Gillis said he’s positive on the DTEK50 because “the slimmest degree of success can have a material positive impact” on BlackBerry’s sales. He explained in a research note that as the company builds its software business, any sales contribution from phones “is optically very welcome.” He believes the newest Android phone might “find a degree of success as a fleet phone for corporate and government customers.” Time is running out for Chen to make the handset business profitable, as he has pledged to do this by September.

For the August quarter Gillis estimates $392 million in sales, representing a 20% decline year over year. He expects losses of 3 cents per share, which would still be an improvement from last year’s losses of 13 cents per share. He estimates a gross margin of 45% and 500,000 phones sold at an average selling price of $281.

He continues to rate BlackBerry as a Buy with a $9 price target. Interestingly, he downgraded Apple to Sell just before the earnings report that sent its shares higher.
    07-27-16 07:04 PM
    ?Only hand BlackBerry has left?: Will focus on security boost its smartphone sales? | Financial Post

TORONTO — Zeroing in on security gives BlackBerry Ltd. a real shot at eking out a slightly bigger niche in the smartphone market, but only if the former industry titan can stand behind its claim that it created the “world’s most secure Android.”

Tech and marketing experts were cautiously optimistic about BlackBerry’s high-security sales pitch for the DTEK50, released Tuesday by the Canadian company that’s fighting to keep its hold on government and business clients after being largely abandoned by consumers. Investors seemed to like it, too – BlackBerry’s stock bumped up two days in a row, closing at $9.98, up 4.7 per cent on Wednesday in Toronto.

BlackBerry hopes to sell the new phones primarily to small and medium enterprises without resources to adequately protect themselves in the cybersphere, head of global sales Alex Thurber said during the product launch. Rather than selling customers on “pure fear, uncertainty and dread,” BlackBerry painted itself as the choice for the security-conscious.

It’s a message that experts believe will resonate with businesses, with the caveat that the latest device isn’t likely to jolt BlackBerry to success in the consumer market.

Anxiety over security is a growing trend, so leveraging its nascent success in mobile security software is “probably the only hand BlackBerry has left,” said Allen Adamson, who runs New York-based Brand Simple Consulting.

“With the politics, hacking, stolen emails from the Democratic National Committee, it’s certainly a high anxiety time in the U.S.,” he said. “Anyone tapping into that anxiety is tapping into a real fear and concern among many, many consumers.”

If the new phone’s security benefits are meaningful, BlackBerry could attract business customers (and maybe suck in some consumers) in an ultra-competitive market that it no longer has the scale to dominate, he said. But it will need to prove the phone is legitimately secure to lure sophisticated clients.

“If it’s just 98 per cent the same and just two per cent security, if it’s smoke and mirrors, that’s not going to be able to get the brand back on the map,” he said.

Made by China’s TCL, the DTEK50 is basically an Android Alcatel Idol 4 dressed up as a BlackBerry and loaded with extra security features, including software and hardware tweaks. Initial reviews from tech websites including The Verge and Tech Radar were fairly positive.

As for proof the device is the most secure, BlackBerry stated it has the same security software features as its predecessor the Priv, which didn’t sell well due to its high price. It uses DTEK software to monitor security and alert users when they’re at risk. It also promises to provide security patches the very day updates become available, which is much faster than its competitors. It doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor.

BlackBerry has refused to give up on its foundering smartphone segment – it sold just 500,000 devices in its most recent quarter compared to Apple Inc.’s 44 million iPhones – despite calls from investors to drop out of the race. CEO John Chen set a September deadline to stop losing money in the division (it lost US$21 million last quarter) and insists BlackBerry needs to make smartphones to provide end-to-end solutions for loyal customers who demand the highest security.

Schulich School of Business marketing professor Alan Middleton doesn’t believe the new phone will be enough for BlackBerry to turnaround the segment by September, but commended the company for finally focusing on security.

“If they can establish themselves as the secure place to go, that’s a powerful position,” Middleton said. “The risk is they take this positioning and then they get hacked to hell… I hope they’ve got a whole bunch of hackers out there trying to break their systems down.”

The other risk is if BlackBerry tries too hard to grab consumers and loses focus on the business market, which is slower but more cost effective, he said. He doesn’t think BlackBerry’s security position will be hurt by recent reports of its co-operation with the RCMP, he said.

Krista Collins, IDC Canada’s research director for mobility, anticipates businesses that already use BlackBerry, especially in the finance and legal industries, will be most interested in the new phones. But she doesn’t anticipate a wide uptake for companies that use another platform.

“If they’ve already made the switch, it’s hard to go back,” Collins said. “We know that employees have a lot of say in this day in age in brand selection when it comes to smartphones.”

BlackBerry’s security legacy still appeals, she said, but employees’ personal preferences can stop employers from making a switch. If they don’t use the hardware itself, however, she noted that BlackBerry’s security software is now available on all devices.
    07-27-16 07:09 PM
    I just have a bad feeling this phone will tank like the Priv. It's a cookie cutter phone with BB security. Whats the draw for consumer or enterprise? You can buy a good Moto G phone for 150 dollars. Enterprise moving to Apple. Security phone doesn't seem to sell these days
    07-27-16 07:58 PM
    My understanding:
    Z10-Z30-DTEK50 --> All Touch "evolving".

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm I can see this! Keeps with the numerical theme I guess. Maybe a whole line-up of DTEK devices to follow...maybe all future BBs will be of the DTEK variety with an indicator to follow. Just a random thought

Thanks for all of your replies. I was just curious if it had any indication of relevance.

CDM76 likes this.
    07-27-16 09:01 PM
    Wtf is wrong with every writer?
    500k sold last quarter compared to Apple sold 44M ... that's an itard person who wrote that!
    It's like hey I sold more apples than you but wait you sell blackberries so what am I saying?

fanBBRY and CDM76 like this.
    07-27-16 09:05 PM
    Wtf is wrong with every writer?
    500k sold last quarter compared to Apple sold 44M ... that's an itard person who wrote that!
    It's like hey I sold more apples than you but wait you sell blackberries so what am I saying?

LOL!

Each blackberry is cheaper then an apple per pound. I can get more blackberries then apples. That number of forty-four million makes my eye twitch.

LMAO

07-27-16 09:23 PM
    I just have a bad feeling this phone will tank like the Priv. It's a cookie cutter phone with BB security. Whats the draw for consumer or enterprise? You can buy a good Moto G phone for 150 dollars. Enterprise moving to Apple. Security phone doesn't seem to sell these days
    I can also see you failing! But that doesn't change a thing!!!!!!!!!

Dog house is waiting for me, cheers mates!!!!

CDM76 and rarsen like this.
    07-27-16 09:25 PM

Name:	bbry.JPG 
Views:	1341 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	404927
    I'm hoping the Note 7 launch shows a FOCUS app that looks and works exactly like the Android Hub. Aug 2.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 11:55 PM
113,256 ... 39543955395639573958 ...