View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I think the last two candles make a nice bullish harami!
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-22611.jpg  
    06-28-16 08:06 PM
    Anyone else feel like we are in the matrix???

What country is next to fall?
    What will be the next worldwide scandal?
    Cast your votes.

Oh yah... stay on topic BM:

How about that BBMX video, eh?
    Um... Go BlackBerry!!
    06-28-16 10:53 PM
    06-29-16 02:20 AM
    Anyone else feel like we are in the matrix???

What country is next to fall?
    What will be the next worldwide scandal?
    Cast your votes.

Oh yah... stay on topic BM:

How about that BBMX video, eh?
    Um... Go BlackBerry!!
    We should go see the Oracle! She knows. And watch out for agent Smith. Lol
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    06-29-16 05:11 AM
    We should go see the Oracle! She knows. And watch out for agent Smith. Lol
    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7060941.html

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, 3MIKE, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    06-29-16 08:45 AM
    Goldman Sachs Cuts Alphabet, Facebook Price Targets On Brexit | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD

According to Goldman Sachs, tech companies with the most sales exposure to the U.K. include Mimecast (MIME) (39% of its total sales), Rackspace Hosting (RAX) (22%-25%), Zendesk (ZEN) (15%), Accenture (ACN) (13%), BlackBerry (BBBY) (12%), Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTSH) (12%), Facebook (10%) and CyberArk Software (CYBR) (10%).
    06-29-16 08:45 AM
    Thanks Corbu ! (couldn't hit the "like" button lol)
    06-29-16 09:19 AM
    I knew it!
    CDM76 likes this.
    06-29-16 09:35 AM
    06-29-16 09:46 AM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Only one I would be downgrading is Goldman Sachs....

Posted via CB10
    06-29-16 10:16 AM
    Only one I would be downgrading is Goldman Sachs....

Posted via CB10
    Yup, considering cost of business goes down as well, and the money is rarely, if ever, repatriated. In BlackBerry's case, their rent of the new office space just declined if using those numbers too.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-16 10:19 AM
    New BlackBerry ad with tie-in to Brookfield Mall pop-up store in Manhattan

06-29-16 12:30 PM
    06-29-16 04:30 PM
    As part of being on the board at Disney, Chen is known to paint BlackBerry banners above where Disney ads reside.
    ZayDub, Corbu, 3MIKE and 3 others like this.
    06-29-16 08:02 PM
    06-30-16 06:12 AM
    06-30-16 06:42 AM
    So do I buy 4 PPSE's now? Drive to popup store in NYC?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 07:04 AM
  18. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    It's already happening... both at University Of Waterloo And with the $100 million startup headed up by Mike Lasaridis...

Quantum Valley....

Posted via CB10
    OlympusMons and 3MIKE like this.
    06-30-16 07:28 AM
  19. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    No surprises here (sadly indeed) ... it's Android for BlackBerry Mobile... but bb10 and older OS still to be supported... my Passport works great!... may get another Passport (SE) this time.... markets have spoken... ecosystems rule....

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 07:35 AM
    It's already happening... both at University Of Waterloo And with the $100 million startup headed up by Mike Lasaridis...

Quantum Valley....

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry would probably have done better if Mike was back. He was more of a visionary.
    (sorry if this is OT)

Posted via Overheating Z10
    06-30-16 07:49 AM
    I wouldn't bet on that. Unless we talk about carrier specific model (At&T ?) this is absolutely the opposite direction of what I've been told in person by Enterprises pre-sales director in Paris a few weeks ago. There is no equivalent (device wise) today to BB10 security and the stronger offer they have is clearly BB10 + Good Suites + BES.

Asked my contact at BlackBerry to comment ... get ready for a "We stand committed ..."
    06-30-16 08:36 AM
    OK guys... So, as promised, here are the answers we were able to get, after last week's EC.

Apologies in advance if you won't find your question amongst the ones for which an answer was obtained. I am sure you will understand that we did our best, in the circumstances, and that we did not control the agenda..

So, some questions + some answers + some general comments below.

My thanks to the person who needs to be thanked. Cheers!

Cjcampbell
    1) With the lack of success of the Priv, do they still have carrier support for the next two devices? They do, but more with the enterprise channel in the carriers, less in the stores. In Canada they have quite bit, but in US they are not sure. The devices they sell will most likely be able to operate on any carrier including verizon cdma.
    2) They seem to have gone to a third party salesforce in Europe via their new partner. MOBL failed with this route and changed to a more controlled and engaged in house team. What makes them think being an add-on to another service will help the bottom line when margin will be trimmed and no control of the message is there? They mainly have more of a fulfillment channel that works in conjunction with their internal salesforce. GOOD was already doing this with success. They control the message with their partners.
    Spiller
    As Priv is not successful, why are they taking so long to release the next two? Next device will be out soon. JC recently mentioned that he planned to discuss that aspect “in the July timeframe”.
    SF
    1) How are relationships with Google; will they enhance, stand or is there any other option for an in-house OS a la Cyanogen [or/and getting closer to MSFT]? No in-house, just Android, can't comment about future deals, but Office 365 is integrated with GOOD and they are closer with Microsoft.
    World traveler
    1) Are there any major IP deals in the works? Is BlackBerry considering taking a much more aggressive strategy in monetization of their IP portfolio? No comment, and they are looking for recurring revenue deals; those take time.
    2) Will BlackBerry seriously entertain offers to sell their Hardware business? Not enough value, currently a detractor from BBRY value.
    3) Beyond the 30 percent growth in software / services forecasted earlier, Is BlackBerry aggressively looking at other options to maximize shareholder value? Re HW, they will have to see, and the TCL/Alcatel deal is probably the future direction (thoughts of the poster, not of BBRY); they are always looking at ways to maximize value.
    BanffMoose
    1) They barely have/had any support as is. My add-on to your question is what are they doing to address the lack of support from CDMA carriers? If Verizon and Sprint are unwilling to sell CDMA phones, will they get concessions from them to allow BlackBerry to sell through Amazon/ShopBB? Not much they can do here, but sell an unlocked device that can work on any carrier directly on shopbbry, etc.
    2A) What is their read on when carriers are moving to VoLTE and will BlackBerry have any devices that support that. Will BB10 devices survive that transition? Not sure.
    2B) Where is the BB10.3.3? Is one security patch a year sufficient to keep up with security threats? Unless there is a specific threat affecting all devices, than once is enough.
    Chrysaurora
    1) I've heard about mid-priced device coming out soon. Would they also be mid-spec'd? You (BlackBerry) have already admitted to overpricing PRIV. But now if you release a mid-priced device and bump-down specs, then it'd fail (same as Priv) because then it'd be an "OVERPRICED" device among mid-spec'd devices. I hope that is being considered by your pricing team. New ASP will be a 3XX so will be free on 2 year contract, and they will have good specs.
    2) You release devices after devices but spend close to ZERO on marketing (advertising) these products. Perhaps you do spend a size-able amount but you spread that amount all over the world and so each 'city' ends up receiving little to no marketing. You need to significantly increase advertising-spend in your major cities. Instead of spending $100M in 100 cities (meaning, $1M per city), perhaps you should spend $100M in 10 cities so $10M per city. 10x the previous amount. Won’t happen while trying to make a profit on HW.
    Morganplus8
    1) How much Convertible Bond reduction could we expect to see in the Fall and what will be the criteria regarding the allocation of who the bonds will come from?
    (The reason: Prem controls whether the company could be sold with his ownership potential, if the largest shareholder(s) held less stock, this would open up some interest in the stock and a higher valuation in the Fall) More than likely another convert deal on better terms, possible a 50 % reduction, reason on convert BBRY is still a high yield type company. They will talk to their advisors and decide. Range is reduction of 500M to 600M and better rate, convert price will depend on where stock is etc. But current share price was about where it was when the original deal was priced. Also they will look at straight debt, but issue is rate could be much higher, so will have to see.
    2) My dream phone will have duel SIM and duel OS (BB10 & Android), is it possible from BlackBerry? Unlikely.
    _dimi_
    1) JC mentioned that there won't be 'any' large acquisitions done this fiscal year. How do they plan to have higher growth rates (compared to market growth of about 15%) in let's say FY2018 if BlackBerry solely relies on organic growth? Will they settle with lesser growth rates? (You may refer to James Faucette who claims their non-acquired business is actually growing by 10%, so slower than the market)
    2) I'd like to hear more about their salesforce: locations, number, different sales forces for different products? Do they work with revenue goals, other KPI's?
    3) JC mentioned that, if they were selling patents, buyers would be lined up. What would be a realistic valuation (range) for their 38,000 patents?
    Value of patents is north of 1B, but can't say for sure as the range has been a few hundred million to several B.

Some questions were answered here:

Other notes… The 501M write-down related to HW was due to IP of HW, mainly the lower volume. Most of that 501M was associated to patents that BBRY had purchased years ago to defend themselves in lawsuits such as Motorola in 2010, etc. Today, with the low volume they do on HW, those needed to be written down as they were not worth as much as they were when they had a 10B HW business. They did not write down the patents they still feel they can monetize. Some were shelf life as well.

With respect to aquisition, they could do a large deal, but will most likely focus on smaller synergistic deals as they have enough to chew on with the 6 companies they already bought and don't want to complicate this integration. They are in trials for the tracking device that are in progress and mkt opportunity is large although they are looking to differentiate themselves as there are many competitors. Mkt is about 5B spent on preventing theft, etc and over that lost on trailers, etc, so huge issue, hence why Sandeep and team felt good mkt. But will take time to ramp up, probably a fiscal 2018 revenue maker. There are not many shared components with HW, other than antenna and security. This can be transitioned to other opportunities in tracking anything once size is smaller of device (use imagination for possibilities).

Customers are demanding a device business, hence the reason to be in it, however it is a detractor of current value. The reason is that customers say security starts with the device and want a lower price hence the 3XX price of the next all touch one (Alcatel idol 4, not confirmed but obvious and follows JC comment about design house etc.) Also they are moving to just securing another device, if this next one fails.

NOC has value and can manage most any of the services BBRY. It can also be used for BBM Protected, is a huge asset and a key differentiator as per the focus at the AGM meeting last week. Current value of company is insane but HW and lower SAF are key detractors. Investors are fixated on HW! SW is key and no longer organic or not, as it is all part of BlackBerry.
    06-30-16 08:52 AM
    Thank you so much Corbu. A lot of great, useful information in there!
    06-30-16 11:15 AM

We are all doing our best and our share to make sure we are well informed. And I was just a small cog on this one. Thanks to the person who made it happen.

Let's hope this thing finally manages to turn itself around for everyone's benefit. And we can finally get to celebrate!

Thanks!
    06-30-16 11:24 AM
    06-30-16 12:20 PM
113,256 ... 39423943394439453946 ...