View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    It never fails. BBRY can't catch a break even with decent numbers. Down 6% today due to overall markets being lower, but this comes on the heels of an ER report that didn't tank the stock and some were even bullish afterwards...too many external stimuli, but I take solace believing that these are still bargain basement prices so I think I'll load up. Bought my last lots around $8 and 7 has been support for the longest, which is where we traded after ER, so sounds logical to have a bounce back to at least that range after this sell off dissipates -- just like what happened in the beginning of the year. These cycles/trends w/ BBRY are so predictable.

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    06-27-16 01:20 PM
    BlackBerry Wants to Be the WeChat of Indonesia With Emtek Deal - Bloomberg

BlackBerry Ltd. is following the example of hugely popular Chinese app WeChat with a plan to turn its BBM messaging application into a one-stop shop for watching video, getting celebrity updates and shopping online.

Seeking to boost its software and services business as handset sales continue to decline, BlackBerry signed a deal with PT Elang Mahkota Teknologi Tbk., one of Indonesia�s top media companies, to bring its video content onto BBM and begin developing new applications and services for the messaging app. Indonesia is a bastion of BlackBerry popularity, with 60 million of its roughly 90 million worldwide BBM users living in the archipelago nation. The BBM software isn�t exclusive to BlackBerry handsets and can run on Android to iOS.

WeChat, owned by Tencent Holdings Ltd., has become the tool millions of Chinese use to navigate their daily lives, integrating social media, payments, web browsing and messaging into a single application.

�We want to make exactly that type of offering in Indonesia but we also want to make it global,� James Mackey, BlackBerry�s head of corporate development, said in a phone interview. BlackBerry will get a fee from the Indonesian company known as Emtek for each user on BBM it gets to show its content to. The deal initially focuses on Indonesia but has the potential to expand to other countries, Mackey said.

For more about WeChat�s ubiquity in China, click here.

BlackBerry Chief Executive Officer John Chen is working to find ways to squeeze extra revenue out of the assets he has at his disposable as falling phone sales pull down revenue faster than software growth can offset it. BBM has maintained a foothold for the company in Indonesia where consumers use the app as one of their main forms of communication.

Tech giants like Facebook Inc. and Apple Inc. have also embraced the all-in-one messaging application concept by forging partnerships to let consumers chat directly with businesses and make payments through their apps.

Around 80 to 100 BlackBerry employees will transfer to a Toronto-area office Emtek is building to help work on the partnership, Mackey said. Waterloo, Ontario-based BlackBerry fell 5.6 percent to $6.30 at 1:33 p.m. in New York, echoing a broader market sell-off as stocks reacted to continued uncertainty around the U.K.�s exit from the European Union.
    06-27-16 01:22 PM
    Great news for BlackBerry, yet the stock continues to get pounded!... shorts?...WS manipulators? Is CEO Chen and the BlackBerry Brand viewed so skeptically?... so negatively? ... stock is so undervalued yet.... wft?!! Talk about a manipulated stock

What can CEO chen do to change this?

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry licenses away BBM in the Indonesian market - one of the biggest BBM markets (close to 1/3 of the BBM users) for $200 million over six years. That puts a price tag on the value of BBM in general.... a very, very low price tag.

I know you want your value back... that's not going to happen until hardware is profitable or gone. But long term there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
    06-27-16 01:27 PM
    BlackBerry licenses away BBM in the Indonesian market - one of the biggest BBM markets (close to 1/3 of the BBM users) for $200 million over six years. That puts a price tag on the value of BBM in general.... a very, very low price tag.

I know you want your value back... that's not going to happen until hardware is profitable or gone. But long term there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
    They made a deal that allows them to retain BBM Protected for businesses, and potentially gets them lots of revenue/profit coming out of Indonesia in the future. Or did they say their partner is getting all of it?!

Imagine if they could do a few deals like this in their key markets (South Africa, Nigeria). Perhaps not the deal you'd expect but I for one am very happy to see JC exploring such opportunities. I'm sure it took a lot more effort than a deal you would expect to see.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-16 02:14 PM
    They made a deal that allows them to retain BBM Protected for businesses, and potentially gets them lots of revenue/profit coming out of Indonesia in the future. Or did they say their partner is getting all of it?!

Imagine if they could do a few deals like this in their key markets (South Africa, Nigeria). Perhaps not the deal you'd expect but I for one am very happy to see JC exploring such opportunities. I'm sure it took a lot more effort than a deal you would expect to see.

Posted via CB10
    I think every small amount helps.

Just pointing out why investors might not be jumping up and down about it... especially with what else is going on.

Will be interesting to see what the details are in the deal... some have kinda made it sound like they bought BBM in that market. Other than it more of a right to exclusively be the content providers and use BBM in their marketing and promotion of their own services.
    06-27-16 02:32 PM
    I think this bbm deal is the first real money bbm has made BlackBerry.

If this can be cookie cut out in other countries, that's a perk

Also, this will likely make bbm even more popular in indo and hopefully it has a trickle down effect to other people who connect to their friends in indo.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-16 02:44 PM
    I think every small amount helps.

Just pointing out why investors might not be jumping up and down about it... especially with what else is going on.

Will be interesting to see what the details are in the deal... some have kinda made it sound like they bought BBM in that market. Other than it more of a right to exclusively be the content providers and use BBM in their marketing and promotion of their own services.
    One would think that if they actually bought it, there wouldn't be revenues over a prolonged period of years being announced. It seems that BlackBerry sold a contract for exclusivity for a period of time.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-16 02:47 PM
    One would think that if they actually bought it, there wouldn't be revenues over a prolonged period of years being announced. It seems that BlackBerry sold a contract for exclusivity for a period of time.

Posted via CB10
    Hey CJ,

They get a quarterly equivalent payment of $ 8.65 MM, and ................... "BlackBerry will get a fee from the Indonesian company known as Emtek for each user on BBM it gets to show its content to. The deal initially focuses on Indonesia but has the potential to expand to other countries, Mackey said."

This isn't a bad deal at all. For fun, divide the 60 MM population in the world population and multiply times the payment, not bad. Let's stop going down tomorrow and pop the general markets so BlackBerry stock can out perform again. Cheers.
    06-27-16 03:49 PM
    OT : 655k medical records hacked in US

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/hac...zation-records

Posted via CB10
    rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    06-28-16 04:08 AM
    I am told Morningstar has upgraded BBRY to Buy.

UPDATE: Their target price remains at 8. They probably upgraded to Buy on account of the SP falling so low. That seems to be the context. More of a "circumstantial" upgrade than anything.
    Last edited by Corbu; 06-28-16 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Added UPDATE
    06-28-16 06:45 AM
    I'm buying more this morning. I'm usually highly skeptical of "buying opportunities" as I find that is too often used to rationalize emotional behaviour when a company is failing.

Having said that, at ~$6.30, I'm buying more.
    06-28-16 06:55 AM
    Great news for BlackBerry, yet the stock continues to get pounded!... shorts?...WS manipulators? Is CEO Chen and the BlackBerry Brand viewed so skeptically?... so negatively? ... stock is so undervalued yet.... wft?!! Talk about a manipulated stock

What can CEO chen do to change this?

Posted via CB10
    Here's our pic of the day, probably.
    Let's be extremely cautious, I've heard of a not know � depreciation last night (lowest level in 30 years, oh, dear) ...
    But you'll be interested to see how parallel these lines are ... even before the Brexit was a "fact".
    So let's play the turtle game for a while (?) and finally, rejoice BBRY performance is "on par" (*) with their deep pockets competitors, can we ?

(*) I mean heading in the same direction - competitors have financial surface that allow counter-measures (SP support) plus "gamble cash" (effective financial opportunity) to balance more efficiently the Brexit effect .

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-28-16 at 08:44 AM. Reason: wording, more precise description.
    06-28-16 08:36 AM
  13. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Hey CJ,

They get a quarterly equivalent payment of $ 8.65 MM, and ................... "BlackBerry will get a fee from the Indonesian company known as Emtek for each user on BBM it gets to show its content to. The deal initially focuses on Indonesia but has the potential to expand to other countries, Mackey said."

This isn't a bad deal at all. For fun, divide the 60 MM population in the world population and multiply times the payment, not bad. Let's stop going down tomorrow and pop the general markets so BlackBerry stock can out perform again. Cheers.
    Indeed! Excellent analysis, as always Morgan! ...

Give credit to BlackBerry Ceo Chen.. they are looking at all ways to monetize their assets while forging ahead with transition to high margin Software and services.... licensing BBM, mobile software, IP,.. even security.... reducing dependence on past mobile phone HW and SAF.... will lead to a sustainable, growing, profitable, more streamlined BlackBerry of the future...

Just added to my bb.to position ...still deep in red, though ... but confident CEO chen will eventually turn this around.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 09:37 AM
    Given this stocks performance I'm pretty confident a buyout offer at $15 a share would move the share price by atleast a dime.
    06-28-16 10:26 AM
    Take this bargain price and add more to your portfolio in anticipation of the September earning report.
    Not giving any advice but that is what I am doing.

Thanks to SPHS and all of you guys!

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    06-28-16 10:29 AM
    OT: today's green I think it's a fake head. Anyone else with the same feeling?

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    06-28-16 10:30 AM
    FWIW:
    Is this BlackBerry’s next QWERTY smartphone?
    https://berryflow.com/2016/06/blackb...ty-smartphone/
    06-28-16 11:09 AM
    06-28-16 12:01 PM
    06-28-16 01:13 PM
    Hey guys, so is John Chen still sticking with September as his make or break date concerning hardware? Last earning call he stated that, but in the current call he listed making hardware profitable as a huge goal. So, why the change? Is he more confident now or is this desperation? Do you guys see surprises in the September call or another boring call? With the Priv being a bomb and the 2 new phones not coming out until 20176, I see very few exciting news to make the stock move. Am I wrong?
    06-28-16 02:23 PM
    Line's IPO price indicates strong demand -

Japan�s Line Corp. on Tuesday set a price range for a Tokyo share sale that could value the messaging app operator at up to $6.57-billion (U.S.)

Line has approximately 200 million users with the largest component being in Japan.
    06-28-16 05:26 PM
  22. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Line's IPO price indicates strong demand -

Japan�s Line Corp. on Tuesday set a price range for a Tokyo share sale that could value the messaging app operator at up to $6.57-billion (U.S.)

Line has approximately 200 million users with the largest component being in Japan.
    Having lived in Tokyo five years, up to last summer... it's all they use in Japan, together with their total addiction to Apple / iPhone.... it's a total saturation there (LINE).

So frustrating ... as a longtime BlackBerry investor and user... glad to FiNALLY see some monetization efforts by BlackBerry, with the most recent news Re: Indonesia...

It's a joke..LINE will have twice the market cap of BlackBerry...

It's even more imperative that CEO Chen move ASAP, to cut additional strategic deals with key partners, while they can, to facilitate the monetization of BBM, in areas where BBM still has competitive advantages, before it looses all advantages to these new players who have deep pockets and growing market share.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by world traveler and former ceo; 06-28-16 at 06:01 PM.
    rarsen, W Hoa and OlympusMons like this.
    06-28-16 05:38 PM
    06-28-16 06:10 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-13534569_1060645404016386_142748809_n.jpg

realdhabkirk #BlackBerry #Neon (Current Design in Carrier Testing)
    06-28-16 06:34 PM
    06-28-16 06:36 PM
113,256 ... 39413942394339443945 ...