View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Excellent read, given the scarcity of real news as to what is going on inside the company...
    https://www.channele2e.com/2016/06/0...nnel-strategy/
    Inside BlackBerry’s Device, Smartphone Channel Strategy

Source: BerryFlow
    Last edited by Corbu; 06-04-16 at 08:29 AM.
    06-03-16 06:55 PM
    OT:

RIP.
    cjcampbell, rarsen, sidhuk and 6 others like this.
    06-04-16 12:09 PM
    Blackberry should perhaps give a look at this small company : https://lumigon.com/products/t3.html

They are small, but have some good ideas.
    morganplus8, Corbu, CDM76 and 3 others like this.
    06-05-16 07:54 AM
    This has been pointed out several times since the thread was retitled. It's been opened up to allow a broader area for discussion without going "off topic", but that all comments are still subject to the http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-r...elines-783587/.

And before you ask, we do not discuss moderator actions within threads.

[WARN] If you have a complaint or issue with a Moderator, please bring it up privately via private message, or send an email or PM to either the Moderator Team Leader, Matt (howarmat) or our Community Manager, James Falconer.

Do not discuss your complaints in-thread.

[/WARN]
    Says "page not found"

Posted via CB10
    06-05-16 11:27 AM
    Says "page not found"

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! I've fixed it
    06-05-16 11:33 AM
    Hey M8, if you have time what do you think of the recent HALO results? is this going to tank the stock again? thanks in advance was just hoping for someone with more knowledge on the science behind it
    abouthsu likes this.
    06-05-16 11:56 AM
    Hi Gang,
    I'm still lurking in the background here. Glad to see all the regulars still active on this thread.

I might take the day off and go to the AGM on the 23rd. Anybody else going?
    Superfly_FR and rarsen like this.
    06-05-16 12:15 PM
    Hey M8, if you have time what do you think of the recent HALO results? is this going to tank the stock again? thanks in advance was just hoping for someone with more knowledge on the science behind it
    I know some of you are in this one so I'll make it brief, the data released on Saturday was mixed, it proves that PEGPH20 works well with AG, it proves that incidences of thrombosis are/were greatly reduced (43% to 9%) and this was one of the issues with this old study, incidents of patient bleeding produced a mandatory halt in the study based on high initial thromboembolic rates. At that time, (2014) we went through a period where patients were only given AG. And so today, we get the balance of a mixed study (PEG + AG vs. AG alone, back to PEG + AG) that pretty much confirmed the interim data given to us throughout 2015. As I mentioned ,this is a messy study, how often do you see the FDA halt a study, bring it back and encourage the same pharma to ramp up a Phase III without seeing final data on the one study the caused the halt in the first place! If you are reading messages on the Yahoo board, do not listen to Pentech50 at all cost, he is hell bent on taking this one down. The facts are clear to me, HALO will be looking at doing another study with this combo (AG) and that costs money. The stock could be bought on the data and sold on the cost for the Phase III study so we have to see how it trades on Monday. Keep in mind that fully 40 of the 135 patients in this arm weren't allowed to continue with PEG so it stands to reason that our resulting efficacy numbers would be down. Remember, 40 - 135 doesn't sound like a deal breaker but this is at a time when they were still enrolling patients so the percentage of discontinuation is very high on a percentage basis. That's my take on it given a brief read of the data. It implies that we could take longer to bring the drug to market (maybe), it will definitely take more funds to run another study, and, is the FDA pushing for a fast track status based upon this data? I think they are, it saves lives, it needs more research but morbidity is what matters with this cancer. In any case, I would like to hear from the company on the matter.
    Corbu, StormieTwo, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    06-05-16 12:48 PM
    Hi Gang,
    I'm still lurking in the background here. Glad to see all the regulars still active on this thread.

I might take the day off and go to the AGM on the 23rd. Anybody else going?
    Considering it as well. Wish it was the day off the ER like it is every other year. Would like to hear the mood of some of the bigger shareholders after an ER, especially with the mockery Chen's made of the last few calls.
    06-05-16 03:47 PM
    AtHoc:
    BlackBerry's AtHoc Enhances Its Platform to Improve Rapid Response Crisis Communications

SAN MATEO, CALIFORNIA--(Marketwired - June 6, 2016) - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB), a global leader in secure mobile communications, today announced that AtHoc, a division of BlackBerry, has released a new version of its market-leading crisis communications platform.

These new capabilities give AtHoc customers additional pre-planning resources and automated processing of crisis communication activities, to help resolve critical incidents with less manual intervention and fewer improvised, on-the-spot decisions. It also assists staff members in preparing for a wider range of emergency scenarios more easily, and in responding to crises faster with fully-automated business rules, outreach, and response.

"Critical events are inherently complex, and our customers have been asking for faster and more efficient ways to manage their crisis communications," said Joseph Ng, Senior Director of Marketing and Strategy at AtHoc. "They want to be able to customize their workflow so that users understand the nature of threats sooner, and alerts are escalated faster. It's all about business continuity and resilience, and we are proud to address those needs directly with this new release from AtHoc."

AtHoc consistently monitors and evaluates the crisis communication discipline, and this updated platform directly addresses some of the core 2016 Crisis Communication Trends. It significantly simplifies the management of emergency situations with several new enhancements:

• Real-Time Alert Rules. Enables users to create rules for forwarding alerts received from external organizations and sources. It also helps operators to predefine response processes on common incident types. For example, a hospital receiving a notification from fire or police that a major crisis has led to a large number of injuries will not lose time initializing and launching its own alerts. The incoming notifications will automatically be routed to the appropriate medical and administrative personnel. A recent example of the need to plan and coordinate communication processes is January 2016's Winter Storm Jones, as described here.
    • Automated Staff Mustering. A new fill count capability automatically contacts a roster of staff members who possess the right skills and training until the required number of people has been reached, and acknowledged their assignments. At that point, the system stops seeking additional respondents, freeing up resources and personnel for other priorities. For example, in a chemical plant, all available qualified workers can be summoned to the scene of a problem, until enough people have responded to cover all of the contingencies.
    • Management Alerting. Pre-configured escalation rules that automatically alert supervisors when line staff cannot be reached, or decline an assignment for some reason. This enables managers to analyze an issue, and communicate the situation up the chain, requesting assistance from senior individuals. In an IT organization, as an example, if a critical system goes down and the normally assigned technician is unavailable, qualified managers up to the CIO can be called to step in and fill the gap, or activate a predetermined contingency plan.
    • Severity-Codified Notifications. Easy-to-use templates enable organizations to designate the level of severity when setting up and issuing an alert. The look and feel of the alert will automatically correspond to the seriousness of the situation. Supervisors can receive emails with a familiar red headers at the beginning of the crisis, to denote extreme urgency, in addition to any other forms of contact. The personnel contacted during the fill count can also receive supplementary emails with the red headers. However, people told to wait and be available for later shifts will receive companion emails with orange or yellow headers, indicating a lower level of urgency.

Together, these new innovations significantly improve rapid response time by turning complex business processes into efficient, effective, crisis communications to deliver faster, more automated actions. Many of these new functionalities have already deployed at major North American airports, maritime ports, large refinery operations centers, and at some of the world's largest healthcare organizations, among other customers.
    06-06-16 06:55 AM
    haha Corbu, you're so fast !
    Have a great week gang !
    06-06-16 08:34 AM
    haha Corbu, you're so fast !
    Have a great week gang !
    Thanks SF.

But this one's not on me. A dear friend of us both found it first. Kudos to him!
    La Emperor and Superfly_FR like this.
    06-06-16 08:41 AM
    OT:
    Tough start for HALO...
    06-06-16 08:42 AM
    Some may think that's OT, other may believe there's some value in the #Efficiency and #Productive marketing approach.
    That's a pretty impressive article, if you ask me, and from a solid source, insider he was.
    P.S: Make the coffee first, that's a 12-15 minutes read ...

https://medium.com/swlh/how-technolo...df3#.hj746bs19

For the lazy ones :
    I’m an expert on how technology hijacks our psychological vulnerabilities. That’s why I spent the last three years as a Design Ethicist at Google caring about how to design things in a way that defends a billion people’s minds from getting hijacked.
    [...]
    They [product designers] play your psychological vulnerabilities (consciously and unconsciously) against you in the race to grab your attention.
    [...]
    By shaping the menus we pick from, technology hijacks the way we perceive our choices and replaces them with new ones. But the closer we pay attention to the options we’re given, the more we’ll notice when they don’t actually align with our true needs.
    [...]
    We need our smartphones, notifications screens and web browsers to be exoskeletons for our minds and interpersonal relationships that put our values, not our impulses, first. People’s time is valuable.
    And we should protect it with the same rigor as privacy and other digital rights.
    06-06-16 09:00 AM
    06-06-16 09:40 AM
    BlackBerry Priv may have done worse than we thought - CNET

Anxious to see their new device strategy take form...
    Is someone is going jail this time?

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    morganplus8, Corbu, CDM76 and 3 others like this.
    06-06-16 10:40 AM
    I'm not happy with the CNET "quote". Once again, a mysterious "insider" with nothing else than "more returns than we would like" metrics and no mention that AT&T being first, they have received the very first batch of devices (probably the most affected by HW day 1 defaults and SW glitches, as for other manufacturers) ...
    Won't claim this is fantasy and have zero legs but once again, a very foggy statement. At best.
    06-06-16 11:34 AM
    Is someone is going jail this time?
    He must be free by now...
    Wireless executive gets prison after BlackBerry leak | Reuters
    06-06-16 11:35 AM
    I can give an anecdotal response. I am on my 4th AT&T Priv and might be on my 5th if I thought taking this one back would fix the problems I continue to have with this phone.

The first 2 definitely had troubles I attribute to rushing the phone to market. The first had a bad radio, the 2nd had a bad sim tray. Both of which I've seen documented by other AT&T early adopters. The 3rd phone I had for less than 24 hours as it had a bad digitizer.

The 4th has a notably better build quality than the first three, if just feels more solid and doesn't have the poor back the early phones did - this one was built about 50 days after the first 2 and apparently BlackBerry and their suppliers read the complaints early on.

But the 4th still has the overheating problems the other 2 had (I don't count the 3rd as I didn't have it long enough to get to know it). It's laggy. Locks up every day at some point - which feels to me (not being a programmer) that the phone has very poor memory management. The Bluetooth has trouble with my car, won't stay connected, no other phone has this problem and the first 2 had it too.

My Priv currently is sitting on my desk with no SIM in it. I nearly threw it through a wall when it locked up at an important time on a business trip I took in April. I'm desperate for Marshmallow to come to it, the forums say it fixes a lot of what I'm listing here, and AT&T shows no signs of getting it to me, I'm hoping it come with the June update that is supposed to come very soon.

Initially I wrote this thread here on CrackBerry: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-priv-1050684/

I had intended to follow up but my experience is not good, and I see enough folks having better experiences than I have that I don't believe it's the norm for this phone. Good people like Jerry and Russel at Android Central and Bla1ze here love the phone. I have found it to be nothing but frustrating.

And to revisit my post and the part where the manager who has a Priv talks me out of returning the phone, I was in the store for another reason just recently and so was he I started to ask him how he's liking his Priv - his response was he was having too many problems with it and moved on.

I'm just trying to relate my own personal journey with an AT&T Priv. You're mileage may vary. There are some who believe here on CrackBerry that the AT&T variant of the phone has problems others do not, I personally believe that. Could be something AT&T adds to the phone. I also believe that the 808 is prone to overheating and crashing. Other phones like the LG V10 seem to have similar problems.
    Corbu, kadakn01, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    06-06-16 12:03 PM
    A carrier citing high returns is a death knell for a smartphone line. There were rumors of high returns at webOSNation which the die-hards never believed even though there were plenty of forum members who had returned more than one handset. Statistically, if one person legitimately has to return multiple handsets then the overall return rate must be pretty high. Let's say you have a big barrel full of jellybeans that are either black or white. If someone blindly reaches in there and pulls out four black ones in a row then you know for sure that there are a ton of black ones in there, not just 5 or 10 percent.
    06-06-16 12:16 PM
    06-06-16 12:30 PM
    BlackBerry Priv may have done worse than we thought - CNET

Anxious to see their new device strategy take form...
    CNET has never been a supporter of BlackBerry. And neither has AT&T. Now they are collaborating against BlackBerry. Brutal.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-16 12:36 PM
    CNET has never been a supporter of BlackBerry. And neither has AT&T. Now they are collaborating against BlackBerry. Brutal.

Posted via CB10
    Their report is 2 months late. Anyone following the latest earnings call already knew the PRIV isn't selling well with no improvement in sight. This isn't news at this point.

To address the poster who had 5 devices already.. That really blows, and yea rushing the device probably reduced QC efforts. But it does seem to be more prevalent on AT&T handsets. I've had mine since day one from WIND in BC and have had a relativley flawless experience. Creaky back was annoying but I put an expired gift card behind the cover and it's as solid as ever.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    3MIKE and CDM76 like this.
    06-06-16 12:43 PM
    I'm not happy with the CNET "quote". Once again, a mysterious "insider" with nothing else than "more returns than we would like" metrics and no mention that AT&T being first, they have received the very first batch of devices (probably the most affected by HW day 1 defaults and SW glitches, as for other manufacturers) ...
    Won't claim this is fantasy and have zero legs but once again, a very foggy statement. At best.
    Check this video - for a flagship device, the 'clicky backside' is unacceptable. How could the first batch have passed endurance tests?

Posted via CB10
    06-06-16 12:55 PM
    Now, a more 'positive' angle is that this news can't be news, especially to BlackBerry. So comments on Twitter from Alex Thurber saying they're changing the way secure mobile devices are sold, I (so far) give the benefit of doubt. :-)

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, sidhuk, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    06-06-16 01:06 PM
113,256 ... 39263927392839293930 ...