For those following BlackBerry's investment in NantHealth:
    Currently about $19, see under symbol NH
    Up about $5 from the ipo price

Posted on my Priv
    06-02-16 10:06 AM
    You are unique

http://app.biz.blackberry.com/e/es?s...d=1867&elqat=1

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    06-02-16 11:33 AM
    But looking at this another way, doesn't this contract validate the theory that BB can sell software like AtHoc without needing devices at all?
    I think it's a dual headed situation.
    Roughly you have 70% of current SW clients who - say - "don't care".
    Then, you have 30% where it is mandatory to be compliant with their security standards (and probably don't see an advantage using competitor's devices).

It's not "all in", but I'd tend to believe the 30% portion of the cake is not the weaker one on the revenues side ...

P.S: about the Pentagon/AtHoc deal, I forgot to mention CB blog *blush*
    http://crackberry.com/pentagon-expan...ckberrys-athoc
    06-02-16 12:42 PM
    Nanthealth is a +2billion dollar company... wth

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    06-02-16 01:55 PM

Posted on my Priv
    Nice profits for those lucky peeps

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    06-02-16 02:17 PM

Posted on my Priv
    From open it went straight to 21 in a half hour then a slow consistent fade for the rest of the day.

Still up handsomely though and quite the bounce off $17.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    06-02-16 02:54 PM
    QNX:
    Google's Director of Android Engineering Talks About Its Car Strategy - Fortune

Fortune sat down with Patrick Brady, director of engineering for Android Auto. We dug into the company�s recent announcements around Android Auto, an in-car software platform that brings the functionality and feel of a smartphone to the vehicle�s central screen. More importantly, it offers a tweak to the next generation of Android enabling automakers to more easily use the open source operating system to create a customized, turn-key infotainment system that controls HVAC, navigation, AM/FM, media streaming, Bluetooth calling and media streaming, multi-channel audio, and digital instrument clusters.

[...]

How easy will it be for QNX, which licenses its Unix-like operating systems for infotainment and safety functions, to operate on Android? Will QNX be a competitor or a partner?

In many ways, you could say Android and QNX are competitors, but in other ways they�re very complementary.

QNX was built around operating real-time safety critical operations, and Android was built around great connected services and things like that. They�re actually a natural pairing.

If you want an advanced ADAS system, I would not advise you to choose Android today. That�s not what Linux and Android were built for. QNX runs in so many safety critical systems from airplanes to automotive, I think they could be quite complementary, and I think you will see instances where cars run both.
    06-02-16 06:19 PM
    I read this as "We're in talks and partnering on a lot so will plug the plus side of the competition".

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 06:33 PM
    06-02-16 06:36 PM
    Haven't been posting much lately. Doesn't take much to know why, but had to post a chart after the latest run. 1 red day in 10 is, well, unheard of in the land of BBRY. Based on the time frame till the next ER, I see a sideways move between here and $7(ish) and should the ER be as "hoped", it could play out a nice inverted H&S pattern. The 200 is just overhead so that'll help push it down, then tack on the doubters and fearful. "If the ER comes positive, this is the absolute best place to be, IMHO.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2016-06-02-7.48.29-pm.png
    06-02-16 06:49 PM
    Haven't been posting much lately. Doesn't take much to know why, but had to post a chart after the latest run. 1 red day in 10 is, well, unheard of in the land of BBRY. Based on the time frame till the next ER, I see a sideways move between here and $7(ish) and should the ER be as "hoped", it could play out a nice inverted H&S pattern. The 200 is just overhead so that'll help push it down, then tack on the doubters and fearful. "If the ER comes positive, this is the absolute best place to be, IMHO.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-06-02 at 7.48.29 PM.png 
Views:	339 
Size:	183.7 KB 
ID:	401325

Appreciate your contributions and hope you're making good use of that new home of yours I look forward your analysis in three weeks!
    Last edited by howarmat; 06-02-16 at 09:54 PM.
    06-02-16 07:05 PM
    Appreciate your contributions and hope you're making good use of that new home of yours I look forward your analysis in three weeks!
    Back in Onterrible now to get stuff sorted. Will be back home in a few short weeks. Thanks for the well wishes!!
    Last edited by Elite1; 06-02-16 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Removed quote of deleted post
    06-02-16 07:20 PM
    WTF??? Why would any of the recent posts be deleted???? Or any part of them?
    06-02-16 09:15 PM
    This has been pointed out several times since the thread was retitled. It's been opened up to allow a broader area for discussion without going "off topic", but that all comments are still subject to the http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-r...elines-783587/.

And before you ask, we do not discuss moderator actions within threads.

[WARN] If you have a complaint or issue with a Moderator, please bring it up privately via private message, or send an email or PM to either the Moderator Team Leader, Matt (howarmat) or our Community Manager, James Falconer.

Do not discuss your complaints in-thread.

[/WARN]
    06-02-16 09:31 PM
  15. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    For those following BlackBerry's investment in NantHealth:
    I believe their investment was $10mm.... minor position, but perhaps most valuable is BlackBerry medical IOT synergies .. hopefully THAT turns out really well for them.

Blackberry's stake : 1 for 5 split for IPO? That means BB's 3.57m shares @$2.7995 ($10m) became 714K shares @ $14 pre-IPO (please confirm)...

From my awesome Passport
    Last edited by world traveler and former ceo; 06-03-16 at 01:49 PM.
    CDM76 likes this.
    06-03-16 06:57 AM
    I believe their investment was $10mm.... minor position, but perhaps more valuable in terms of future BlackBerry software and IOT.. synergies .. hopefully this turns out really well for them.

Blackberry's stake : 1 for 5 split for IPO? That means BB's 3.57m shares @$2.7995 ($10m) became 714K shares @ $14 pre-IPO (please confirm)...

From my awesome Passport
    Never have seen an amount for the investment that BlackBerry made, other than the first one which was said to be around $200K. Or that BlackBerry actually was receiving a "stake" in the company and not just a partnership deal.

Now I wouldn't be surprised if so far the research and development involved in the HBox and probably other NantHealth solutions hasn't exceeded $10Million.... but do we know that BlackBerry gets a part of the company, or just the profits from the sale of future products that they have helped develop?

Might be a good question for a shareholder to ask Chen during the shareholder meeting this month....
    CDM76 likes this.
    06-03-16 07:48 AM
    Never have seen an amount for the investment that BlackBerry made, other than the first one which was said to be around $200K. Or that BlackBerry actually was receiving a "stake" in the company and not just a partnership deal.

Now I wouldn't be surprised if so far the research and development involved in the HBox and probably other NantHealth solutions hasn't exceeded $10Million.... but do we know that BlackBerry gets a part of the company, or just the profits from the sale of future products that they have helped develop?

Might be a good question for a shareholder to ask Chen during the shareholder meeting this month....
    Answer:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...l#post12425537

And this, originally posted by sidhuk, is worth a repost:
    http://www.cnbc.com/2014/04/15/why-w...anthealth.html
    06-03-16 07:56 AM
    Well... with the jobs miss and a likely sell-off, there goes our breakout.
    06-03-16 07:58 AM
    10:30 coffee time. Let the serious guys come back after the break to get some cheap shares back in the basket *nudge**nudge*
    morganplus8, Corbu and rarsen like this.
    06-03-16 09:35 AM
    NH:
    NantHealth Announces Commercial Availability of GPS Cancer? and Launch of GPS Cancer Browser on a Secure Mobile Platform at the 2016 American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting | Business Wire

GPS CancerTM results are available to doctors in an easy-to-read report or accessible through the GPS CancerTM Genome Browser, a mobile application available on smartphones including the BlackBerry Priv.
    Thanks, S!
    06-03-16 10:28 AM
    Ok, so, on the SW front, I often have people questioning me about the difference between BES and Good.
    I believe it's useful for us all to get a global idea of how they interact. [ok, ok, you read between the lines : how they don't cannibalize lol]
    Short video, lots of information :

P.S: remember this is a B2B audience before calling "the brown shoes"
    06-03-16 11:29 AM
    06-03-16 11:57 AM
  23. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    06-03-16 12:48 PM
    Android was right call by CEO Chen ...

Android Is Surging at the iPhone's Expense - NASDAQ.com
    I don't think there is any question left on that issue. Those of us who grew up in the age of early PC's remember this story. Windows finally took over the overwhelming majority of the market. Apple Computers struggled to maintain their tiny position at the higher end and then moved on to different markets all together.

Amiga, BeOS, Atari, NeXTstep, etc. all died. (Well, NS sort of lives on I guess.)

I agree Chen made the right call. Maybe he made that call too late, though. We shall see.
    06-03-16 01:15 PM
    Man why is halo down 7% compared to the rest...IBB and acad are n't down that much...

EDIT: well thats my mistake for not looking for indepth yesterday but there was teh ASCO 2016 conference today...ppl must have been selling prior to data http://finance.yahoo.com/news/halozy...130000919.html

anyone able to comment on this? where does HALO go now :/ thank you!
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by slipstream89; 06-04-16 at 10:51 AM.
    morganplus8, Corbu and rarsen like this.
    06-03-16 02:41 PM
113,256 ... 39253926392739283929 ...