View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Thanks for the update M8!

I just feel something is up with SPHS atm, the funding they just got made lil sense unless they were paying off the oxford debt which I still believe is the main purpose...that plus layoffs would indicate a deal is wrapping up imo. Hope Woods pulls off what he did before and sell for $300M that would make this stressful year all worth it.

In addition since I don't mind being transparent still holding my ECA short but i've been adding to it. Sounds stupid cause if I went with the flow I would have made a good chunk already but I still don't believe this oil rally, so in deep red with this atm. Sold my AYA shares and waiting to buy HALO at $9 today if i can, charts are peaking up along with IBB above its 3EMA with somewhat oversold levels.

OT: Morgan I know its personal but it's been a long time so I hope your health is doing well my friend and pray your close to a full recovery! keep us updated if you can
    Hi slipstream89 !!

SPHS - they needed $ 1.7 MM to meet their debt obligation for this year, and some working capital to hold them over. The data needs to be very good in order for the CEO to negotiate a substantial deal going forward. We'll know soon enough.

ECA - I mentioned that ECA would be a tough short, it grinds away, moving higher and then a major set-back, dropped below $ 6.00/shr briefly and up we go for a short rally again. Meanwhile storage levels continue to fill up. Still it is a really tough short so trading yourself back into the game is the right thing to do here.

I'm not in AYA at all, HALO is my baby, I love that one, management really has it together there. The IBB Index is holding biotech back, that and the general market deciding if it wants to make all time highs. I think you have everything in order here, the market will come around and make new highs, it is backing and filling while the leadership changes for the next move.

As for my health, I was slated for two major head surgeries and they were cancelled after lining up a South African doctor. He backed out of the surgery and we saw that as a setback for sure, but since then, I have been on a powerful drug cocktail that is working to some extent. It hasn't cured me but it has given me back my physical health, strong as can be now and functional for working at the lake, golfing, motorcycling etc., so I live a solid life now without being cured. With 7 major head surgeries I'm exhausted with it all, don't know if I have one more left in me! We'll see, for now, its boating and golfing every day! GL
    05-17-16 11:37 AM
    05-17-16 11:47 AM
  3. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Hi slipstream89 !!

SPHS - they needed $ 1.7 MM to meet their debt obligation for this year, and some working capital to hold them over. The data needs to be very good in order for the CEO to negotiate a substantial deal going forward. We'll know soon enough.

ECA - I mentioned that ECA would be a tough short, it grinds away, moving higher and then a major set-back, dropped below $ 6.00/shr briefly and up we go for a short rally again. Meanwhile storage levels continue to fill up. Still it is a really tough short so trading yourself back into the game is the right thing to do here.

I'm not in AYA at all, HALO is my baby, I love that one, management really has it together there. The IBB Index is holding biotech back, that and the general market deciding if it wants to make all time highs. I think you have everything in order here, the market will come around and make new highs, it is backing and filling while the leadership changes for the next move.

As for my health, I was slated for two major head surgeries and they were cancelled after lining up a South African doctor. He backed out of the surgery and we saw that as a setback for sure, but since then, I have been on a powerful drug cocktail that is working to some extent. It hasn't cured me but it has given me back my physical health, strong as can be now and functional for working at the lake, golfing, motorcycling etc., so I live a solid life now without being cured. With 7 major head surgeries I'm exhausted with it all, don't know if I have one more left in me! We'll see, for now, its boating and golfing every day! GL
    Wow!! What a story!.... I think I speak for all members here when I say you are a walking miracle!!... bright and generous one at that! LOL... we all wish you continued good luck with your health!

If you are planning to be in Toronto, let me treat you to a round at St. Georges Golf & CC... I am member but rarely get out. Lol live nearby... thanks, as always, for your expert and invaluable insights!

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 12:06 PM
    Is it "Stocks: Real time Quotes Charts"? Couldn't find an app just called "Stocks".
    Yes.

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    05-17-16 12:26 PM
    We'll see, for now, its boating and golfing every day!
    Don't forget Morgan : if you travel France, you'll be my guest at Morfontaine, the least I could do for all the valuable contributions you've made here, making this thread what it is today.

Edit : seems we're not alone playing golf around ... hum ... let me think ... a BBRY world golf tournament anyone ? (ok, ok, we have to get some cash back, first : can't wait !)
    05-17-16 12:44 PM
    MOBL below 3 USD now...

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 12:45 PM
    Wow!! What a story!.... I think I speak for all members here when I say you are a walking miracle!!... bright and generous one at that! LOL... we all wish you continued good luck with your health!

If you are planning to be in Toronto, let me treat you to a round at St. Georges Golf & CC... I am member but rarely get out. Lol live nearby... thanks, as always, for your expert and invaluable insights!

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for those kind words!

I'm better off then many others today, still around and improving, so I'm really enjoying life right now. There was a time when I lost my ability to walk, I knew things were bad so I set about clearing the deck for my family, sold the motorcycle, a Morgan car, etc., real estate, stocks etc., just to make the transition easier for others. I then went on a new drug from a world class doctor and within a matter of months I was able to walk again, and more importantly, drive! So now I'm missing my Morgan to a guy in Romania, my bike was gone, so ..... it was time to go shopping again! Since then, I have a huge appreciation for others in my life and try to do things to help others in anyway I can. I might have to take you up on that offer but it would be much more fulfilling if we were all doing the $ 100 BlackBerry party at that time! Heck, if we could lower that target to $ 25.00 I would appreciate that even more! Best of luck with your investments and let's hope everyone is in the black on all their trades soon.
    05-17-16 03:04 PM
    Hi slipstream89 !!

M8, best of luck to you. I'm not much of a golfer but if you visit 604, I think we got good variety of cultural food here to try.
    05-17-16 03:06 PM
    Don't forget Morgan : if you travel France, you'll be my guest at Morfontaine, the least I could do for all the valuable contributions you've made here, making this thread what it is today.

Edit : seems we're not alone playing golf around ... hum ... let me think ... a BBRY world golf tournament anyone ? (ok, ok, we have to get some cash back, first : can't wait !)
    I can't tell you how much I would love to take you up on that offer! I'm not allowed to fly yet, it is difficult for a guy who used to travel as much as we have in the past. When I get the "all is clear sign" I'll be heading for Europe and meet you anywhere, you decide! We'll come up with something better to do then just golf, you have it all there. You are the big boss of this thread, can we lower that party price down to $ 25.00/shr please? LOL
    05-17-16 03:10 PM
    I was recently complaining to a friend that we had not heard much, lately, about BlackBerry Radar...

And reading just now what follows, I started dreaming about how nice it would be if BlackBerry had been more deeply involved in the field of autonomous-driving technology. Granted it is, through QNX, but perhaps at a more macro level that everyone could acknowledge. Would that not be a nice catalyst? /dream

Autonomous-Driving Venture Targets Heavy Trucks - WSJ

Startup founded by former Google Car engineer aims to retrofit 18-wheelers

An engineer who helped spearhead the self-driving Google car project at Alphabet Inc. has quietly launched a Silicon Valley startup that plans to retrofit tractor trailers with autonomous-driving technology.

Anthony Levandowski, one of the founders of Google’s self-driving car program, left Google toward the end of January. He was joined by Lior Ron, another former Alphabet employee who earlier led Google Maps and the development of the Moto X smartphone.

The new company, Ottomotto LLC, plans to build hardware enabling existing 18-wheelers to operate on highways without driver intervention, taking on larger companies that are currently reserving such technology for new trucks, Mr. Levandowski said in an interview.

Ottomotto counts former Alphabet, Apple Inc. and Tesla Motors Inc. software engineers among its 41 employees, he said.

Mr. Levandowski’s self-funded startup has begun testing three Volvo AB trucks with an eye toward allowing them to travel on the highway without a driver’s intervention. Daimler AG, Volvo, and other manufacturers are working on similar technology. Currently, many trucks are sold with driver-assist technology, but only a handful of states sanction fully autonomous commercial trucks.

An Alphabet spokesman acknowledged Mr. Levandowski’s contribution and said, “we wish him well with his new endeavors.”

Mr. Levandowski’s self-driving truck startup, which prefers to be called Otto, marks the latest in a series of new companies, employee departures and investment alliances transforming Silicon Valley and the traditional auto industry in the race to put autonomous cars on the road. Driverless-car startups have proliferated amid advances in driving sensors and other technology, and Silicon Valley firms and long-standing car companies are rushing to snap up their talent and know-how.

Apple just put $1 billion into Chinese ride-sharing company and Uber Technologies Inc. competitor Didi Chuxing Technology Co., a move that could aid the iPhone maker’s work on an autonomous electric vehicle. General Motors Co. earlier this year bought startup Cruise Automation Inc. and invested $500 million in ride-hailing company Lyft Inc. in part to further work on driverless cars.

Mr. Levandowski declined to pinpoint when Otto’s technology would be ready but said he hopes to sell the autonomous system to truck fleets soon. The gear would allow trucks to travel without a driver using the pedals or steering wheel. He said Otto aims to focus on less-complicated highway driving so the technology can quickly pass muster.

In 2013, the federal government adopted regulations that require more rest time for U.S. truck drivers and limit how much they could drive in a week. It is unclear whether adding new technology to ease driving would allow for more flexibility with those regulations.

“We are focusing on the near-term potential for autonomous vehicles,” Mr. Levandowski said. “It is easier for us to convince ourselves that our technology is better than humans on highways” than in city driving situations, he said.

Tractor trailers have long been considered prime candidates for robotic control. Trucking companies have struggled to recruit and keep drivers, and regulations governing how long they can be behind the wheel have exacerbated the shortage. There were roughly 50,000 too few drivers of big rigs in 2015, according to American Trucking Associations.

Otto aims to help tackle that problem. Robots can save truckers energy and render them more like security guards by handling the monotonous, miles-long stretches between highway exits, he said.

Mr. Levandowski started working for Google in 2007 as an engineer on the company’s Street View program. By 2009, he became among the first to work on Google’s self-driving car effort. He built a Toyota Motor Corp. Prius fitted with sensors for autonomous driving, dubbed a “Pribot,” before Google officially started its self-driving car project. Google eventually purchased one of his startups that helped launch its driverless car program.
    BTW, QNX will be taking part in the following two events, this week:
    http://www.tu-auto.com/activesafety-europe/
    http://www.nxp.com/support/classroom...ECH-FORUM-HOME
    05-17-16 03:12 PM
    Can we expect JC to include the amount of Radars shipped in the smartphone number? Imagine how that would throw everyone off... especially if they miraculously get to break-even

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 04:04 PM
    NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT the Annual and Special Meeting of the shareholders (the �Meeting�) of BlackBerry Limited (the �Company�) will be held on June 22, 2016, at the Humanities Theatre, University of Waterloo, 200 University Avenue West, Waterloo, Ontario N2L 3G1, at 10:00 a.m. (Eastern Daylight Time) for the following purposes:

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 04:09 PM
    05-17-16 06:11 PM
    OT: Industry
    A sign of things to come, more and more?
    SAP and Microsoft Cloud Partnership Underscores Fundamental IT Rethink - CIO Journal. - WSJ

SAP SE and Microsoft Corp Tuesday said the two companies are working together to better integrate their cloud services for corporate customers. Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella appeared on stage at SAP’s annual conference in Orlando, Fla.

Microsoft plans to deliver broad support for the SAP HANA database and business applications on its Azure cloud. There are also new integrations between Microsoft Office 365 and SAP cloud applications. Microsoft has more than 70 million active business users on Office 365 and now they’ll be able to access an expense report from Concur, an SAP service, directly from Microsoft Outlook.

The stakes are high for this shared effort as vendor partnerships and ecosystems are becoming increasingly important as companies move to the cloud. The announcement reflects a fundamental rethinking of information technology happening across many companies. The cloud, once a corporate afterthought, is now the core of IT, forcing a realignment of vendors and their technology. In the midst of all this change, the customer is, at least in theory, ever more central.

“Partnerships are absolutely necessary, more so necessary than in the past if we’re going to meet our customer’s reality,” said Mr. Nadella on stage with SAP CEO Bill McDermott. “We better have empathy for your reality,” he said.

In the old model of information technology, companies purchased software and hardware from different companies, which they put into their own data centers. Once they purchased the technology, they were left on their own to make it all work together. In today’s model, the vendors operate the hardware and software in data centers and corporate customers access them through a Web browser.

Over the last decade, companies have used select software services such as Salesforce and Office 365. Now, a wholesale movement to the cloud has begun and companies are taking it one step further. Instead of operating their own data centers and filling them with their own hardware and software, they’re renting the hardware – so called infrastructure as a service — from cloud providers.

“This is about SAP doing business the way our customers want to do business,” John Torrey, chief strategy officer of SAP business networks & applications group, tells CIO Journal. “Between SAP and Microsoft we have massive customer overlap and we’re compelled to do business in this way,” he added.

Some companies, such as Netflix, have gotten out of the business of running their own data centers and now use cloud providers for IT services instead.

The worldwide public cloud services market is projected to grow 16.5% in 2016 to $204 billion, up from $175 billion in 2015, according to Gartner The highest growth will come from cloud infrastructure services such as Azure and Amazon Web Services. The infrastructure-as-a-service segment is projected to grow 38.4% in 2016.

When customers built their own data centers, they could run whatever software they wanted. In the new environment, companies rely on their cloud providers to help them make that run, said Jason Zander, corporate executive vice president of Microsoft Azure.

As the nature of the relationship changes, customers can expect their service providers to be more cooperative with other providers. “Companies now have an opportunity to pick what they want and know that their vendors are going to really try to help them out as opposed to competing on every angle,” said Mr. Zander.

The utility of the integrations between vendors like SAP and Microsoft will depend in part on the degree to which they cover all platforms, including mobile. “Mashups make sense, but the execution is key,” said Ralph Loura, chief technology officer of skincare firm Rodan + Fields and former chief information officer of Clorox and Hewlett-Packard enterprise group.

By 2020, General Electric plans to move 70% of its computing workloads to the cloud. Greater integration among software vendors and cloud providers makes it easier for developers to access needed data and speed the acceleration to cloud, said GE Power Chief Information Officer Clay Johnson.

“When you have 1,000 or more applications and you’re trying to push more to the cloud, having those integrations and hooks already set there for you is a huge plus,” he said.

GE Power has set up “cloud factories” where employees prepare applications for a move to cloud. There, developers would write lines of code to help connect applications to cloud providers. More built-in integrations from vendors “help us eliminate a few steps.”

“Before developers had to write their own software and basically hook back into SAP somehow,” Mr. Johnson said. “Now all the APIs and all the hooks are going to be right there for developers to write their applications natively back to the platforms.”

More partnerships between software vendors like SAP and Microsoft show an awareness that companies like GE are making a bigger cloud push, Mr. Johnson said.
    05-17-16 07:40 PM
    John McAfee Apparently Tried to Trick Reporters Into Thinking He Hacked WhatsApp

And be seen as a crackpot?

Too me a vulnerability is when someone on the outside can do something with my phone or data without me allowing them. If I install an app from some unknown source and give permission to "everything".... is the vulnerability in the phone or in me?

Or if I accept a free phone from some known hacker.....
    No, I would not like BlackBerry to be seen as a "crackpot". I would like to see BlackBerry being recognized for finding vulnerabilities in phones and software, helping reinforce their image as the gold standard in mobile security.

That would be a class of marketing that couldn't be easily replicated by other hardware and software providers.

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub likes this.
    05-18-16 12:13 AM
    http://time.com/3558936/fingerprint-...fth-amendment/

Apparently the fifth amendment here in the US doesn't cover phones with fingerprint scanners. This is the kind of story I read that gives me another reason to love my BlackBerry, but then also makes me realize that unfortunately, the majority of people just flat out don't seem to care about this type of thing. So it goes.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 12:20 AM
    can we lower that party price down to $ 25.00/shr please? LOL
    I believe this would be a fair approach regarding current status and a more achievable target (would fit my needs any day !).
    And yes, much more to do in France than golf, but don't forget your clubs though !!!
    Sorry, I should have anticipated your "no flight" condition ... unless you choose to go on a cruise ... but hey, it takes times though I stopped biting my nails a while back about you and I'm now sure you're getting closer every day to full "green lights".

----

Just read this SA rticle today (BlackBerry Gets Its Facebook Fix, What Gives? - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha) you don't have to, but you may like/hate it.
    Want some love ?
    The 18 million download count was published last month so it's fitting to say that the number would've only inflated by now. The download figure is pretty high considering that BlackBerry managed to sell only 10.2 million handsets over the past 2 years collectively. Clearly BlackBerry users aren't leaving the mobile platform otherwise the download count wouldn't have been so high.
    What's interesting is that there's a pretty good amount of downloads pointed there and that may catch attention for several app developers; I mean Nemory's studio is not that big and I'm pretty sure these 18million figure makes him happy every day.
    Shall we see BlackBerry's weakness turn into advantage ... again ?
    rarsen, Corbu, morganplus8 and 2 others like this.
    05-18-16 02:26 AM
    Why the Constitution Protects Passwords But Not Fingerprint Scans

Apparently the fifth amendment here in the US doesn't cover phones with fingerprint scanners. This is the kind of story I read that gives me another reason to love my BlackBerry, but then also makes me realize that unfortunately, the majority of people just flat out don't seem to care about this type of thing. So it goes.

Posted via CB10
    Reason is simple : they ("police") don't have to ask.
    Once someone is under arrest and is physically present (or has a fingerprint record); he's basically toasted. They don't even have to request permission. Fingerprint ARE NOT secure when used as a single ID factor.
    Final point. Known for decades already.

P.S: now, just wonder how it goes for "criminals".
    P.P.S : anyone with a biometric passport has a fingerprint record ...
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 05-18-16 at 04:35 AM.
    rarsen, Corbu, La Emperor and 4 others like this.
    05-18-16 02:28 AM
    Really interesting, especially if you consider some aspects of the app ecosystem ... [you beat me at it Corbu, again ! ]

Your mobile has your budget with RealSpend - Enterprise Times
    SAP has announced RealSpend, a new mobile app that provides real-time visibility of current budgets and spending for managers. Exactly what mobile devices are supported is difficult to determine with the initial press release not mentioning any specific support for devices. Interestingly a search on the SAP website reveals that RealSpend is supported on Blackberry 10 and iPads.
    rarsen, Corbu, morganplus8 and 1 others like this.
    05-18-16 03:23 AM
    Another partnership announced today : https://www.idnomic.com/mobile-guard...bes12/?lang=en
    “With the compatibility of Mobile Guard for CMS and BES12, we are expanding the portfolio of third party business solutions for our multi-OS EMM platform. These security services give users alternative authentication choices and more for accessing data on their devices.”

Mark Wilson, SVP and Chief Evangelist at BlackBerry.
    And to the French tech !
    05-18-16 04:33 AM
    05-18-16 06:29 AM
    Why the Constitution Protects Passwords But Not Fingerprint Scans

Posted via CB10
    Think the ROME is suppose to have a fingerprint scanner....

Does that mean users or enterprise have to use them... no, but it would be there for those that want it.
    05-18-16 08:05 AM
    Increasing positive evaluation and another learning experience:

Why BlackBerry (BBRY) Could Beat Earnings Estimates Again - NASDAQ.com
    "Looking for a stock that might be in a good position to beat earnings at its next report? Recent estimates have been moving higher for BlackBerry. In fact, the Earnings ESP (Expected Surprise Prediction) for BBRY is positive, which is a great sign of a coming beat. And when you add this solid Zacks Rank to a positive Earnings ESP, a positive earnings surprise happens nearly 70% of the time, so it seems pretty likely that BBRY could see another beat at its next report, especially if recent trends are any guide."
    05-18-16 08:47 AM
    Increasing positive evaluation and another learning experience:

Why BlackBerry (BBRY) Could Beat Earnings Estimates Again - NASDAQ.com
    "Looking for a stock that might be in a good position to beat earnings at its next report? Recent estimates have been moving higher for BlackBerry. In fact, the Earnings ESP (Expected Surprise Prediction) for BBRY is positive, which is a great sign of a coming beat. And when you add this solid Zacks Rank to a positive Earnings ESP, a positive earnings surprise happens nearly 70% of the time, so it seems pretty likely that BBRY could see another beat at its next report, especially if recent trends are any guide."
    Hopefully we will see some rally soon before ER

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    ZayDub and 3MIKE like this.
    05-18-16 09:13 AM
    Enterprise File Sharing and Synchronization Market by Application Types, by Deployment Type, by

Various key EFSS vendors and service providers profiled in the report are as follows:
    1. Microsoft Corporation
    2. Google, Inc.
    3. AirWatch (VMWare, Inc.)
    4. Citrix Systems, Inc.
    5. WatchDox, Inc. (Blackberry Limited)
    6. Egnyte Inc.
    7. Dropbox, Inc.
    8. Sugarsync, Inc.
    9. Syncplicity LLC

* just a report, but interesting to read and learn about this market, see a summary below.............................

“The rising need for digitalization of business processes and file sharing solutions, with mobility support, in enterprises to drive the Enterprise File Sharing and Synchronization (EFSS) market”
    The EFSS market size is expected to grow from USD 1.11 billion in 2015 to USD 3.51 billion by 2020, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 25.7%.
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 5 others like this.
    05-18-16 10:12 AM
113,256 ... 39183919392039213922 ...