View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OT - I bit the bullet and dove in head first. Here's the evening view from my new home to be.
    Attachment 399115

Posted via CB10
    Congrats and enjoy that view, Very envious.
    rarsen, Mr BBRY, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    05-06-16 03:51 AM
    UPDATE 1-U.S. trade panel to probe devices of eight smartphone vendors
    May 06, 2016 6:22 AM ET | Reuters

* Eight handset makers are probed over alleged patent violation

* Creative Tech alleges infringement by Samsung and 7 others-ITC

* Infringement involves media file playing feature-ITC

HONG KONG, May 6 (Reuters) - The U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC) is launching an investigation into mobile devices made by eight smartphone vendors including Samsung Electronics Co over an alleged patent violation, the trade panel said on its website.

The probe follows a complaint filed by Singapore-based Creative Technology Ltd and U.S.-based Creative Labs Inc that several handset makers have infringed on their patent, the ITC said in a statement.

The accused vendors are ZTE Corp , Sony Corp, Samsung, LG Electronics Inc, Lenovo Group Ltd, Motorola Mobility, HTC Corp and Blackberry Ltd.

"The products at issue in the investigation are portable electronic devices, such as smartphones, with the capability of playing stored media files selected by a user from a hierarchical display," ITC wrote.

The trade panel said it has not yet made any decision on the merits of the case, and will decide a target date for completing investigation within 45 days after the institution of the investigation.

Creative Technology was not immediately available for comment. HTC said it cannot comment as the case has entered the court process.

Samsung and LG said they are looking into the case and didn't have any other immediate comment. Sony declined to comment. ZTE, Lenovo and other vendors were not immediately available.

"It's rare to see so many vendors involved in one patent infringement case," said research firm Canalys analyst Nicole Peng.

While the share price reaction of most Asia-based companies was muted, Hong Kong-listed shares of ZTE tumbled 11 percent on Friday to their lowest since July 2013. The Shenzhen-based company faced export restrictions imposed by the U.S. Commerce Department in March for allegedly violating sanctions against Iran.

Posted on my Priv
    05-06-16 07:15 AM
    Interesting no American companies are on that list ...hmmm
    rarsen and CDM76 like this.
    05-06-16 08:32 AM
    Sony?

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    05-06-16 09:09 AM
    Sony?

Did you think Sony is an American company? Ha ha ha.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-16 09:19 AM
    I'll let the admin do their job!

CDM76 likes this.
    05-06-16 09:37 AM
    OT: SPHS

@Morgan8 what are you thoughts on their phase 3?

Thanks!

05-06-16 09:39 AM
    That's not within the scope of the USITC. The "I" stands for International.

If an American company wants to pursue an IP issue against another American company, that's what the court system is for.
    CDM76 likes this.
    05-06-16 10:00 AM
    05-06-16 12:39 PM
    Managing and monitoring Mobility from BES to the overall Unified Communications infrastructure

Mobile devices are widely adopted in the world of business today and they have taken on mission-critical status for most enterprises. For this reason, advanced monitoring to ensure services are running optimally at all times is emerging as an integral service.

GSX provides proactive, end-to-end management of BES as an integral part of the overall Unified Communications infrastructure. GSX’s solutions are designed to not only assess the performance of applications themselves, but to monitor all components that might impact the quality of performance.

Save your seat today and join us on May 19!
    11:00AM to 11:45AM - Eastern time zone (US & Canada)
    5:00PM to 5:45PM - Central Europe time zone
    Even if you can’t make the actual webinar, sign-up and we’ll send you a link to the recording.

During this webinar you will learn how improved visibility and enhanced reporting will make IT Admins job easier and efficient.

Exclusive Offer for BlackBerry Customers

As part of the partnership between GSX Solutions and BlackBerry we are thrilled to offer BlackBerry customers a Unified Communications package at a discount price.

Webinar GSX Blackberry Mobility
    cjcampbell, 3MIKE and morganplus8 like this.
    05-06-16 01:39 PM
    05-06-16 03:55 PM
    Bbry closed at $6.69. Mandatory!

OT:

Sophiris Bio Inc. to Raise Approximately $5 Million Through At-the-Market Offering
    2016-05-06 05:30:00 PM ET (PR Newswire)
    Sophiris Bio Inc. (NASDAQ: SPHS) (the "Company" or "Sophiris"), a biopharmaceutical company developing topsalysin (PRX302) for the treatment of urological diseases, today announced that it is raising approximately $5 million at a price of $1.40 per share. Additionally, for each share of common stock purchased, the investor will receive a warrant to purchase one-half of a share of common stock of the Company at a price of $1.40 per full share for a period of five years from closing.

Roth Capital Partners served as sole placement agent. After the placement agent fees and estimated offering expenses payable by the company, the company expects to receive net proceeds of approximately $4.6 million. The offering is expected to close on May 11, 2016, subject to customary closing conditions.

The Company intends to use the net proceeds from the offering for general corporate purposes and to service its outstanding debt owing under a secured promissory note.

The shares described above are being offered by Sophiris pursuant to a registration statement previously filed with and subsequently declared effective by the Securities and Exchange Commission. A prospectus supplement relating to the offering will be filed with the SEC and will be available on the SEC's website at http://www.sec.gov.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    05-06-16 04:44 PM
    So what does this mean for some of us shareholders? does that mean my 4000 shares are now only 2000?
    05-06-16 05:55 PM
    Seems rather odd that raising more capital before Saturday conference. Like to get m8 take on that as well
    05-06-16 08:09 PM
    So what does this mean for some of us shareholders? does that mean my 4000 shares are now only 2000?
    I am hoping it's a share dilution, rather than cutting ours in half.

Sort of regret not selling today and capturing the gains that presented themselves

...or I am way off base and things with spike monday?

Btw, I'm trying to get a BlackBerry staff epp priv open box for $499 can. That would be a pretty good foot in the door on a blackberry factory unlocked priv

My main hangups are:

My passport volume is loud, great for streaming, no external bluetooth needed

Bb10 hub vs Droid hub

Passport form factor is perfect for me

...so why am I even considering a priv??? Um, new device withdrawal , damn, I do have a problem!

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    05-06-16 09:02 PM
    Sorry weekend OT (hope its ok)

I wanted to give this a shot but it'll be great to hear from M8 who may be more knowledgeable in this. SPHS raised 5M and in press release they said it will go to operating cost and service debt owing in a promissory note. From what I read in their 10K filings SPHS only had a debt owing to Oxford group which I think was 5.1M in 2014 and is currently 3.6M in 2015. Oxford group had a restriction on SPHS whereas they cant take on additional debt without written approval, this is where i'm not too sure on this, would it be plausible that SPHS got the permission to raise the 5M to pay off the remaining debt owed to Oxford therefore allowing SPHS to seek out a new partner? or possible buyout? if anyone has experience in this like merger/acquisitions that would be great. Don't know why earlier in the week Woods said he doesn't plan on diluting but yet this comes out right before another conference.

from SPHS 10-K filing page 9

Promissory notes

On June 30, 2014, we entered into a new Loan and Security Agreement, or the New Loan, with Oxford. Under the New Loan, Oxford has loaned a principal amount of $6.0 million to the Company to refinance the Company�s existing Original Loan with Oxford and to provide additional working capital.

The principal amount was used by us to settle approximately $2.9 million of outstanding principal on the Company�s Original Loan, to settle accrued interest on such existing term loan, to settle other fees and expenses, including $0.7 million for a final payment due under the Original Loan, and the remaining cash proceeds of approximately $2.4 million will be used for general corporate purposes.

The principal borrowed under the New Loan bears fixed interest of 9.504% per annum. The Company has the option to prepay the outstanding balance of the New Loan in full, subject to a prepayment fee of 1% to 3% depending upon when the prepayment occurs. Upon the final repayment of the New Loan on the maturity date, by prepayment, or upon acceleration, the Company shall pay Oxford an additional fee of 5% of the principal amount of $6.0 million. This additional fee is recorded as a debt discount and is being recognized as interest expense over the life of the loan utilizing the effective interest method. The repayment terms are interest only payments through July 1, 2015 followed by 36 equal monthly payments of principal and interest. We accounted for the New Loan as a modification.

Pursuant to the New Loan, on June 30, 2014, the Company issued to Oxford warrants to purchase an aggregate of up to 82,192 of the Company�s common shares at an exercise price of $2.19 per share. The warrants expire seven years from the date of the grant. The fair value of $0.1 million for this equity component was derived using the Black-Scholes pricing model utilizing the following inputs: risk-free interest rate � 2.1%, volatility � 72.1%, dividend yield � 0% and expected life in years � 7. The $6.0 million proceeds were allocated to equity and the debt based on their relative fair values. The debt discount will be amortized to interest expense over the life of the debt. Interest on the term loan, consisting of the stated interest rate, final payment fee and amortization of the discount, is being recognized under the effective interest method.

In connection with the New Loan, the Company and its subsidiaries granted to Oxford a security interest in all of the Company�s and its subsidiaries� personal property now owned or hereafter acquired, excluding intellectual property and certain other assets. Oxford has the right to declare a default under the New Loan upon the occurrence of a material adverse change as that is defined under the New Loan, thereby requiring the Company to repay the loan immediately or to attempt to reverse the declaration of default through negotiation or litigation. As of December 31, 2015, the Company was in compliance with all covenants under the credit facility.

As of December 31, 2015, the future contractual principal and final fee payments on our debt obligation are as follows (in thousands):

$ 1,887

Total
    $ 5,565
    Last edited by slipstream89; 05-07-16 at 01:04 AM.
    05-07-16 12:45 AM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    05-07-16 08:24 AM
    Lol. . If they still have 10% market share and we can convert them to a new platform, and then cross sell & up sell.

Besides, its so quite around here. It would give us something to talk about. .

Also fun to watch them drop .

(7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic -> PRIV)
    I say hammer the stock down harder first by aggressively targeting MOBL clients with short term promotional deals to switch to BlackBerry / Good...take out the remains at maybe $150m of so.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, morganplus8, 3MIKE and 1 others like this.
    05-07-16 09:09 AM
    Gartner's Magic Quadrant and how things will be changing for BlackBerry.

While we wait for the 2016 Magic Quadrant this coming June, it�s important to note some changes that have occurred since the publication of this quadrant. The most notable change is the acquisition of Good Technology by BlackBerry. Good Technology was a leader, while BlackBerry has been stuck in the niche category so it will be interesting to see where they will end up in the next few months.

Like it has for many years, the Garner Magic Quadrant reports have laid the foundation for buyers everywhere looking for the best technology in each space. Gartner evaluates each solution included in the quadrant and breaks them down into strengths and cautions and categorizes them based on their completeness of vision and ability to execute into four groups: Leaders, Visionaries, Challengers and Niche Players.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-magic2.jpg

All the players:

Here's Who Made Gartner's 2015 Magic Quadrant For Enterprise Mobility Management | CRN
    05-07-16 09:31 AM
    https://berryflow.com/2016/05/there-...to-bb10-again/
    Why this business intelligence analyst keeps coming back to BlackBerry 10
    05-07-16 10:17 AM
    https://berryflow.com/2016/05/there-...to-bb10-again/
    Why this business intelligence analyst keeps coming back to BlackBerry 10
    It's sad that bb10 is for the time being a 'dead' platform.
    I really can't believe that there are so many out there who put up with lack luster performing phones just to be able to snap chat their junk.

I obviously understand consumerism and know why bb10 more or less failed, but it is still sad to me and I can't seem to get over it

If BlackBerry had figured out just one thing that all consumers needed that they couldn't get elsewhere, we might be in a different place right now.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, CDM76 and rarsen like this.
    05-07-16 10:28 AM
    05-07-16 10:53 AM
    I wonder if Stratford will be the secret location for GMs Bolt - Lyft self-driving taxi service...anyone know how much of the Bolt software is running on top of QNX? Are they involved with GMs self-driving system or is it just infotainment?

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 11:12 AM
    Okay, I have been away at the lake this past week and missed all the action on this thread.

First, SPHS, it is reporting on its 18 patients today, we will get a follow up on the first 7 enrollments, three improved with the treatment, one was completely cured of cancer and three showed little change. We get the next 11 patients plus the update on the former patients. So it makes sense that we would want to see at least a 60% improvement in the 11 patients plus a cure or two and something positive out of the 3 original patients who reported nothing in the first group.

Sophiris Bio Reports Encouraging Preliminary Data from Phase 2a Proof of Concept Study in Localized Prostate Cancer (NASDAQ:SPHS)

As for the funding, look at it this way, they carried a net cash position of $ 5.1 million, net of the current portion of their debt, that is, they didn't have enough cash to run another quick safety study without raising more funds. They sold $ 5.0 MM/ $ 1.40/shr worth of stock, or 3.6 MM shares were sold under the agreement. There will be an additional 1.8 MM shares sold when the 7-year warrants are taken up too. Net proceeds are $ 6.9 MM bucks to SPHS when all the warrants are converted to stock. And so they have some financing in place, not much but enough now to go ahead with the safety study. Now here is what that means to us, they will have a fully diluted common stock position of 16 MM plus 3.6 MM plus 1.8 MM shares or 21.4 MM shares outstanding. They need to get the price of the stock high enough for a market cap of $ 35 MM to avoid their delisting. Simple math tells you they need $ 1,63/shr to avoid the delisting. Can today's news allow the stock to trade above $ 1.63/shr? If this happens for 11 days straight, the delisting comes off the table and more funds can buy the stock. Hope this helps.

As for BBRY, we touched the exact stock price yesterday for the RSI = 30.0 . We needed to see it get to $ 6.59/shr to mark that TA achievement and we did it. To get there, AAPL had to make a new 52 week low so that gives you an idea of how bad the sector leader has fallen in the past four weeks. BBRY volume has dropped to nothing, we are a victim of the sector and the general market lately. On a TA basis the stock is a strong BUY here.

I wanted to say all of this before they break with their results. GL
    05-07-16 11:55 AM
    OT: SPHS
    Hello guys!
    Thank you Morgan again for the analysis. I would like to underline the first sentence of the first paragraph of yours “First, SPHS, it is reporting on its 18 patients today”. Are you sure that they are presenting the results of the remaining prostate cancer patients today? If you are referring to this press release:
    Sophiris Bio To Present Topsalysin Phase 3 Data from Positive PLUS-1 Study as a Late Breaking Poster During the 111th American Urological Association Annual Meeting (NASDAQ:SPHS)
    it says that the presentation will be about the phase 3 prostate hyperplasia trial.
    Last edited by vasilisiou; 05-07-16 at 01:28 PM.
    05-07-16 01:11 PM
113,252 ... 39113912391339143915 ...