• No

427 37.82%
    04-25-16 01:13 PM
    Nice close today on volume.

Passport running on 10.3.2. 2876
    04-25-16 03:07 PM

Very. Impressive rally. Excited for tomorrow. BBRY is a different stock than it used to be; it's now difficult to bring it down.
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    04-25-16 03:23 PM
    Very. Impressive rally. Excited for tomorrow. BBRY is a different stock than it used to be; it's now difficult to bring it down.
    Fun fact, the last time the 50-day moving average cut up through the 200-day moving average for BBRY occurred in July 2014! We have waited 22 months for something positive to happen to the stock on a TA basis. GL
    04-25-16 05:33 PM

I just looked and went: 'What? Nice!'
    04-25-16 05:41 PM
    https://berryflow.com/2016/04/blackb...lide-keyboard/
    BlackBerry Just Enabled Swype Typing On Priv Slide Out Keyboard

masterful, rarsen, CDM76 and 8 others like this.
    04-25-16 06:31 PM
    Marshmallow is here for the Priv: Here's everything you need to know http://www.crackberry.com/what-marshmallow-means-priv

Wohooo!
    04-26-16 08:22 AM
    Press Release:
    PRIV by BlackBerry Now Runs on Android Marshmallow

New Updates Added to the Company's Secure Android Smartphone

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - April 26, 2016) - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB), a global leader in secure mobile communications, has released the Android 6.0 Marshmallow (M) mobile operating system for PRIV, the first-ever BlackBerry smartphone fully powered by Android. PRIV with Android M is now available on ShopBlackBerry.com, and coming soon to all major carriers offering the smartphone. Existing PRIV users will be able to upgrade to Android M by downloading the software update on their device.

Android Marshmallow on PRIV brings users more ways to improve their mobile security by providing new opportunities to monitor and control privacy with its unique DTEK app. Users will obtain greater productivity through enhancements to the BlackBerry keyboard, BlackBerry Hub, BlackBerry launcher and battery performance. Updates to the BlackBerry camera will foster their creativity.

"PRIV by BlackBerry is the most secure Android device in the market and we continue to find ways to further enhance users' security and privacy by adding new features with the Marshmallow operating system update," said John Chen, Executive Chairman and CEO, BlackBerry.

Raising the Standard for Privacy and Security

Building on BlackBerry's legacy of security and keeping customer data private, DTEK by BlackBerry has been updated to empower users with more ways to monitor and control their privacy - better protecting PRIV from malware, hacks and data breaches.

Customized Personal Data Permissions - Apps demand access to personal data, even when it's not necessary for the app to function properly. DTEK gives the power back to users to control what to share and when. Turn permissions off at any time and still continue to use the app.
    Improved Notification Settings - Users will only be shown notification controls for sensors that a given app has specifically requested access to. For example, if an application does not request microphone it will not appear in the list.
    S/MIME Support - The new S/MIME feature in BlackBerry Hub adds another level of security by allowing users to digitally sign and encrypt their emails.

Enhanced BlackBerry Keyboard

The BlackBerry Keyboard has been updated to provide better predictive typing, accuracy, and control.

More Emoji - Users now have access to over 200 new and updated emojis.
    New Gesture Typing - The new swipe capability allows users to slide their fingers from key to key to enter words on the virtual and/or physical keyboard.
    Enhanced Word Prediction - Better word predictions anticipate the next word based on where users place their fingers on keys. Predictive typing now also learns words with numbers and provides better name suggestions based on a user's contacts.
    Better Cursor Control - Activate "Cursor Control" mode on the physical keyboard for easier positioning and control. Tapping a key on the physical keyboard more accurately places the focus cursor on screen.

Know What You Want, When You Want

Customized notifications to better organize apps and manage productivity with a touch of a button.

Mute Indicator - Users can now see the phone's mute status at a glance via the floating phone indicator that appears when a call is active. Green for when call is active and not muted, yellow for when a call is active and currently muted.
    New Apps in BlackBerry Hub - Staying connected with friends has never been simpler. Now view notifications from app favorites Instagram, Skype, Slack and Pinterest directly in BlackBerry Hub to easily manage all messages in one place.
    Updated BlackBerry Launcher - Better organize apps and widgets into Recent, Personal, and Work sections. Pop-up Widgets are now turned on by default for new users. Set a default home screen, delete a home screen, and remove apps with a flick.

More Battery Life

Get even more out of PRIV with updates to further improve the battery life. When PRIV is at rest, Doze automatically puts the device into a sleep state to increase standby battery life. The App Standby feature will keep infrequently used apps from impacting the battery life.

Engage Your Creative Side

Added tools help customers capture the perfect image with ease and add their own creative flair.

Capture Professional and Cinematic Quality Videos - Record videos at 24fps in 4k, 1080p or 720p, for high-quality footage to share on social media.
    Slow Motion Video* - Capture smooth slow motion video with the PRIV's camera that's up to four times slower. Capture video at 120 fps, which plays back smoothly at 30 fps. The slow motion effect can be applied after taking the video and can be applied to all or any portion of the video.
    * Audio is not enabled for slow-motion video at this time.

For more information on PRIV, go to BlackBerry.com/PRIV. Follow all updates to PRIV on the Inside BlackBerry blog (blogs.BlackBerry.com). A full list of Android 6.0 Marshmallow updates can be found at: https://www.android.com/intl/en_ca/v...rshmallow-6-0/
    04-26-16 08:38 AM
    04-26-16 08:53 AM
    And in its usual fashion..... we get good news (such as Priv now running Marshmallow) and the stock price drops. I'll never figure out this freaking stock.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 09:46 AM
    And in its usual fashion..... we get good news (such as Priv now running Marshmallow) and the stock price drops. I'll never figure out this freaking stock.
    It's not BBRY specifically, it's the entire market.
    04-26-16 10:02 AM
    OT: Security
    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...t-group-admits
    Swift: fraudulent messages sent over international bank transfer system
    https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/ex...--finance.html
    Exclusive: SWIFT warns customers of multiple cyber fraud cases
    04-26-16 10:05 AM
    It's not BBRY specifically, it's the entire market.
    If that was the case my ECA.TO, CIBC, Organigram and Ballard Power stocks would all be down too. So far just BBRY and PSDV are down.......

Posted via CB10
    Corbu likes this.
    04-26-16 10:23 AM
    IBB is down, apple, nflx, amazon and other tech stocks are also down, so tech and bio is taking a beating, aka nasdaq.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    04-26-16 10:30 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160426_092428_edit.png

Oh man, oh man, oh man, oh man...

You gotta like natural evolution.
    04-26-16 11:28 AM
    04-26-16 12:43 PM
    If that was the case my ECA.TO, CIBC, Organigram and Ballard Power stocks would all be down too. So far just BBRY and PSDV are down.......

Posted via CB10
    An update to an OS doesn't change anything fundamentally with the company so why would the stock shoot up? Marshmallows OS been out for a long time. If they announced 1M priv sold that will make a nice SP jump, ECA is not down because oil is up and they are have direct correlation between them, all energy is up. HALO down hard which I like cause i can buy back in cheaper

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and iamagod like this.
    04-26-16 12:56 PM
    Morganplus8,

It seems ECA continues to go up. Was trying to find an entry point but just can't seem to find it. How long would this rally last for and what would be the next entry point be?

Thanks for your input!

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-26-16 01:06 PM
    Morganplus8,

It seems ECA continues to go up. Was trying to find an entry point but just can't seem to find it. How long would this rally last for and what would be the next entry point be?

Thanks for your input!

Posted via CB10
    ECA - I can't touch it now, I'm a buyer below $ 6.00 in the $ 5.50/shr area US and it has rallied as if oil were trading around $ 60.00/bbl today. We are long ECA in other accounts but it is not for me at these levels. The theory is that as the US slows production, demand will rise in the months ahead, but as I have mentioned, it trades at $ 60.00/bbl now. GL

As for BBRY - we are down slightly, the 50-dma will remain above the 200-dma for a few more days here. The volume has all but dried up, we can't get to 2 MM shares at 2:30 PM in the afternoon, nothing there. This is good as you want light volume sell-offs and heavy volume rallies. We are of course waiting on Apple to shock and awe us with wonderful numbers, or not. It is looking really bad here, trending below it anemic 50-dma today and looking to sink this evening, we'll see.
    rarsen, KuroKei, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    04-26-16 01:38 PM
    Thanks Morgan for your input! Much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, rarsen and Mr BBRY like this.
    04-26-16 02:28 PM
    Enjoyable

http://app.biz.blackberry.com/e/es?s...d=1842&elqat=1

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    rarsen, morganplus8, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    04-26-16 03:01 PM
    OT: Apple misses!

Edit: Twitter too

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 03:34 PM
    OT: Apple misses!

Edit: Twitter too

Posted via CB10
    Rough day for the sector tomorrow?
    04-26-16 03:41 PM
    Short interest update BBRY
    As of 4/15 ................ 73,563,705 M
    As of 3/31................. 75,574,638 M

Drop of 2M shares and includes the recent earnings and drop of share price from $8.09 to $6.93
    Related : Tim Cook just said smartphone market is not growing.
    Posted on my Priv
    Last edited by kadakn01; 04-26-16 at 04:42 PM.
    04-26-16 04:24 PM
    04-26-16 04:53 PM
113,256 ... 39053906390739083909 ...