1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Anything for you, bbjdog...

And a nice weekend to everyone!!
    Here you go Bspence87!

Anything for bbjdog! Please send a large pizza and a 24 pack of Rickards Red. I will send you my address via PM. Cheers mates!

Bbjdog is one lucky monkey!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Last edited by bbjdog; 04-15-16 at 09:19 PM.
    Corbu, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    04-15-16 09:04 PM

Sorry Corbu. Missing from the scene is the sexy Priv.
    Without it, all I see is nice lawn furniture.

Regarding all the noise with the RCMP. Don't be concerned. The e-Division does not have the manpower to simply eavesdrop on folks with 6 year old BlackBerry's without just cause. In fact, without cause, it would mean early dismissal on the 'investigators' part if he/she got audited.

This isn't China.

Okie-Dokie, anyone find it odd that with said news that the short interest ratio is down for the day? Is this just due to the weekend??

Apologies to the guys reading on a small device. Too lazy to crop and edit for a larger picture this time.

Safe weekend gents!
    Attachment 397280
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160415_195609.png  
    04-15-16 10:04 PM
    John Chen’s promise of two new $400 BlackBerry Android phones being a positive development.

Competitive pricing is always a great strategy to attract buyer interest.

BlackBerry still offers the most secure version of Android. Government firms and private corporations will always prioritize BlackBerry for their handset needs. The Full article>>

BlackBerry Stock Predictions: BlackBerry Can Still Make It As An Android Phone Vendor
    3MIKE and Andy_bb_king like this.
    04-16-16 05:54 AM
    That CTV article was the worst I have read in a long time. The first paragraph has few facts and the ones it does have are incorrect. The rest of the article contradicts itself several times.
    I think BlackBerry needs to get ahead of this before it gets totally blown out of proportion.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-16 07:09 AM

And a nice weekend to everyone!!
    How does she, or for that matter, anyone, get into those? LoL

EDIT: Or out of them?
    Last edited by bungaboy; 04-16-16 at 08:28 AM.
    Corbu, rarsen, morganplus8 and 3 others like this.
    04-16-16 07:35 AM
    04-16-16 08:41 AM
    Weekend OT:

http://www.macleans.ca/politics/otta...-quantum-leap/

rarsen and 3MIKE like this.
    04-16-16 08:55 AM
    That CTV article was the worst I have read in a long time. The first paragraph has few facts and the ones it does have are incorrect. The rest of the article contradicts itself several times.
    I think BlackBerry needs to get ahead of this before it gets totally blown out of proportion.
    All in all, not a good week for BlackBerry in terms of PR.
    04-16-16 08:56 AM
    This is how far out from reality this gets in just two days.

http://www.informationweek.com/black...mpaignId=20648

Make sure to read the comments

Posted via CB10
    04-16-16 10:57 AM
    Amateur hour at BlackBerry as usual it seems! Haven't seen any official response from BlackBerry yet. They fire their Spin Doctors too? Fact Check no longer working? Seems not for over 3 months . . .

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-fact-check.jpg
    morganplus8, Corbu, CDM76 and 3 others like this.
    04-16-16 12:06 PM
    OT: Security and Health related.

Hacking Health event at IWK discusses patient access to personal records

Hospital event brings together more than 120 people to discuss digital solutions to health-care problems

Hacking Health event at IWK discusses patient access to personal records - Nova Scotia - CBC News

" A group of health-care professionals and IT engineers are looking to create digital solutions like apps that could help patients access more of their personal health information, such as X-rays and blood results.

Dr. Raymond LeBlanc, a professor at Dalhousie's faculty of medicine, says giving patients more access to their own information can empower them.

"[It] allows them to make decisions, and understand if they are getting better or not," he said. "Patients need to have a role to play in managing their chronic diseases."

LeBlanc was one of the attendees at the Hacking Health Cafe at the IWK Health Centre on Thursday evening.

The event brought together more than 120 people in an informal setting to discuss digital solutions to issues in the health-care industry. Similar events have been held in more than 30 cities worldwide, and aim to connect people in health care and research with engineers, developers and entrepreneurs.

Closing the information gap

The co-founder of Hacking Health, Luc Sirois, says the information gap between physicians, technologists and patients needs to be closed to find solutions for health problems.

Hacking Health Halifax will be hosting caf�s and workshops leading up to a weekend hackathon in November. Competing teams of health-care professionals, developers and entrepreneurs will then present their final projects to an audience.

The IWK research services will work with the participants and help develop their ideas into prototypes.

Teams in other cities have created apps to help patients and physicians organize appointments or access information about diseases.

A new approach

Thursday's event was the first of its kind in Atlantic Canada.

One of the attendees, Bill Swan, suffers from asthma. He believes that patients are often ignored, even though they have a lot of information to offer health professionals.

"The doctor has to have the patient's hat on to understand what problems the patient is seeing and how these problems are affecting them," said Swan. "
    04-16-16 12:09 PM
    Amateur hour at BlackBerry as usual it seems! Haven't seen any official response from BlackBerry yet. They fire their Spin Doctors too? Fact Check no longer working? Seems not for over 3 months . . .
    Very good point. Sadly. No pushback whatsoever. And if/when it does come, it will be too late and it won't get as much play.
    bungaboy, rarsen, 3MIKE and 1 others like this.
    04-16-16 12:26 PM
    interview (14 min) with Chen and NDTV (india) last week

Last edited by kadakn01; 04-16-16 at 12:42 PM.
    04-16-16 12:27 PM
    interview (14 min) with Chen and NDTV (india) last week

For those who think outside the box!

Nice interview Kadakn01, thanks for sharing. Please listen to the 10:25 on forward to understand BlackBerry key dilemma with the RCMP. Great a key and immediately erase it, so no one has the key. John Chen you are the best!

Last edited by bbjdog; 04-16-16 at 02:42 PM.
    04-16-16 01:34 PM
  15. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Since the last Earnings it's been absolutely atrocious!...

And publicly commenting that your flagship phone is too expensive and uncompetitive at the high end in an over saturated, highly competitive market . ?!? ...what??! ... six months later you conclude this?

...this PRIV phone should have been priced $569 from day one to have any reasonable chance to succeed..... big miss! ... good phone. Bad price.. where has this been said before with regard to Blackberry?... do BlackBerry listen to their base? Let alone carriers and others? .... nice phone. Overpriced. --->DOA.(low volume sales.. same thing)....

It saddens me to say this but BlackBerry (CEO Chen) clearly can no longer compete on hardware against deep pocketed big players with massive R&D budgets and economies of scale in their favor .. alone.

How does BlackBerry expect to make a profit.. at these price points ... and without marketing?... what can one expect??!..except what is occurring now?
    "Sales not meeting expectations"
    ... continuing theme, it seems.

Time for bold thinking and action is now!....IMO

1. find a buyer for the HW business asap, or
    2 a partner to take on the complete manufacture of phones with Blackberry "characteristics".. as well as support of legacy BlackBerry phones .. generate some IP / licensing revenues, or if this is not feasible...
    3. Cut costs, wind down / shut down mobile phone business, and focus exclusively on software and services that are scaleable upwards and are profitable.

I realize the strategic value of owning the complete end to end solution, but... as now an increasingly shrinking niche player, one still need to be profitable, and have inovative, highly desired product(s) that some segment of business / professionals are willing to pay a premium for (ie Porsche)...

... to continue to prop up a money losing segment of your business can bring the whole ship under....
    at what point are you in too deep?.... to recover... I can't answer that.... but the stock price and massive short position is one sign....

... stop this foolishness right now, before there is nothing of value left in BlackBerry, IMO, and focus where you (still) have a chance to win and grow revenues and profits.

Oh, and finally, secretly, via high level Canadian Government contacts, let it be known that offers from Microsoft or Samsung, or any non-chinese big player, to purchase BlackBerry outright, would be supported / welcome, highly encouraged by the Canadian Government. All options must be on the table. But do it privately, and not in the press....before it turns into a Nortel.

And for God's sake do a much better job of managing your public relations.

... just my opinion... what do I know? LOL

End of rant.

Posted via CB10 on my amazing Passport....sorry PRIV
    Last edited by world traveler and former ceo; 04-17-16 at 01:56 AM.
    tmurphx5 likes this.
    04-16-16 06:44 PM
    So, if we lived in a just world, the crooks would go to jail, right?

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/goldm...b_9673214.html

It's no wonder why there are vigilantes.

But it's all good. We will all have a laugh, and forget about any ruined lives. Meanwhile, people are going to jail for reefer possession.

04-16-16 11:32 PM
    Absolutely, I hold a large position in it and invest weekly as other trades come due. I don't buy everything at once, I guess I am the king of averaging down! Sometimes it is really difficult to stay with a biotech trade when it doesn't perform like ACAD or HALO but we have to remember that many investors have never heard of this one and they are a one trick pony, but trust me, this is how ACAD and HALO first began, patience is the word for this trade. I have always said it was a second half of the year trade and it certainly is shaping up this way.

Re: BBRY - I was away yesterday and missed the whole nostalgia thing with old encryption technology, why are we bringing that old news up again? Seems our national news couldn't wait to break the story at 11:00 PM last night, go BlackBerry, you aren't irrelevant after all. I wish we could go back to talking about Apple's amazing 10 failed sign-ins and your phone is dog **** story, that one was so complex and interesting.
    Thanks m8. I'm slowly increasing and adding positions as well. I like the managements team as well.
    morganplus8, rarsen and Mr BBRY like this.
    04-17-16 02:42 AM
    Can we figure out how profitable they were in Q4/can become one year from now - excluding HW?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-16 04:34 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fact Check.JPG 
Views:	963 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	397338
    Imho the only thing that matters is: will they confirm their uncompromised consumer privacy/security before the market opening tomorrow? I'd rather have them think this through.. and I doubt much media will pick It up during the weekend anyway..?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, rarsen and Mr BBRY like this.
    04-17-16 08:28 AM

And publicly commenting that your flagship phone is too expensive and uncompetitive at the high end in an over saturated, highly competitive market . ?!? ...what??! ... six months later you conclude this?

...this PRIV phone should have been priced $569 from day one to have any reasonable chance to succeed..... big miss! ... good phone. Bad price.. where has this been said before with regard to Blackberry?... do BlackBerry listen to their base? Let alone carriers and others? .... nice phone. Overpriced. --->DOA.(low volume sales.. same thing)....

It saddens me to say this but BlackBerry (CEO Chen) clearly can no longer compete on hardware against deep pocketed big players with massive R&D budgets and economies of scale in their favor .. alone.

How does BlackBerry expect to make a profit.. at these price points ... and without marketing?... what can one expect??!..except what is occurring now?

2 a partner to take on the complete manufacture of phones with Blackberry "characteristics".. as well as support of legacy BlackBerry phones .. generate some IP / licensing revenues, or if this is not feasible...
    3. Cut costs, wind down / shut down mobile phone business, and focus exclusively on software and services that are scaleable upwards and are profitable.

I realize the strategic value of owning the complete end to end solution, but... as now an increasingly shrinking niche player, one still need to be profitable, and have inovative, highly desired product(s) that some segment of business / professionals are willing to pay a premium for (ie Porsche)...

... to continue to prop up a money losing segment of your business can bring the whole ship under....
    at what point are you in too deep?.... to recover... I can't answer that.... but the stock price and massive short position is one sign....

... stop this foolishness right now, before there is nothing of value left in BlackBerry, IMO, and focus where you (still) have a chance to win and grow revenues and profits.

Oh, and finally, secretly, via high level Canadian Government contacts, let it be known that offers from Microsoft or Samsung, or any non-chinese big player, to purchase BlackBerry outright, would be supported / welcome, highly encouraged by the Canadian Government. All options must be on the table. But do it privately, and not in the press....before it turns into a Nortel.

End of rant.

I know I feel the same way sometimes but I still think that with perseverance BlackBerry will make it!

Maybe this can help ;

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-17-16 08:31 AM

End of rant.

Is that you, Vic Alboini? LOL.. Just kidding of course.

Back in 2011, BlackBerry (and you as an investor) decided to 'ride this one out'. If they had taken a decision similar to Yahoo's decision today, probably we all would have been better off. But that doesn't change the fact that the situation BlackBerry is in today, is the least precarious they have been in for many years now.

Big decisions are just around the corner. And 6 months is a very fair timeframe for JC to ask from us. Can they continue to run down their purchase commitments/inventory? Can they introduce the Passport for Android at a minimal cost/current price point of the BB10 version? If they can, why should they not be allowed? Why can (even smaller) niche players stay in HW while BlackBerry should be forced out ASAP at liquidation values?

Rushed decisions are rarely good ones. Especially when they now have what we didn't have before, fruits from JC's work, time that is?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, 3MIKE, ZayDub and 4 others like this.
    04-17-16 08:48 AM
    Imho the only thing that matters is: will they confirm their uncompromised consumer privacy/security before the market opening tomorrow? I'd rather have them think this through.. and I doubt much media will pick It up during the weekend anyway..?
    What would you have BB come out and say exactly?
    04-17-16 09:06 AM
    What would you have BB come out and say exactly?
    Clarify the matter.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-16 09:23 AM
    Clarify the matter.
    Sorry, I want to make sure we're talking about the same matter. Are you talking about pin to pin messaging?
    04-17-16 09:26 AM
    I don't go to buy BlackBerry Stock because I think it will going to be a figure 6 or under and the hardware business is doomed for them and I'm a big fan of BB10 and without upgrade of Android runtime this summer , me and my coworkers who using still BlackBerry are forced to move away from BBOS10. We allready don't use BES10 anymore since february 2015 and most of us has the BlackBerry Z30 and some the Passport.

We have allready a stock of nexus 5 phone's to be used, but I'm not ready for that . My wife and daughter allready move from Z10/Z30 to a nexus 5X but both still liked BlackBerry OS 10 more, but they are happy with some apps and to charge it every day
    04-17-16 09:34 AM
113,256 ... 38963897389838993900 ...