702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Change of topic:

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/04/...ommunications/

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    04-14-16 12:14 PM
    04-14-16 12:56 PM
    When you go the rcmp reports its pin to pin motherboard and others added BBM.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry's global decryption key was obtained by Canadian Police in 2010 | CrackBerry.com
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-14-16 12:59 PM
    04-14-16 01:12 PM
    Why post a link to the CB blog when it has no thought or any sort of research beyond the one article as its source? It didn't even quote anything beyond a snippet of the writers thoughts. One more disappointment from them in a rush to post something.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 01:25 PM
    Why post a link to the CB blog when it has no thought or any sort of research beyond the one article as its source? It didn't even quote anything beyond a snippet of the writers thoughts. One more disappointment from them in a rush to post something.

Posted via CB10
    Well a few days later CrackBerry did do a little "research" on Pin-to-Pin security..... Is PIN to PIN messaging secure? | CrackBerry.com
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-14-16 01:44 PM
    Very Good explanation Indeed. Thanks Corbu
    Corbu, La Emperor, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    04-14-16 01:52 PM
    The highlighted sections says it all. Its my understanding that BlackBerry never gave the keys, but helped in capturing and decryption.

Important things to know about it.

"RCMP inspector Mark Flynn testified in a heavily redacted transcript that BlackBerry �facilitated the interception process,� however, Flynn also stated that facilitation could mean mere information sharing or a physical action to aid interception."

And

"It�s not entirely clear how the RCMP obtained BlackBerry�s global encryption key, based on the court records obtained. However, redacted court documents state that the RCMP sent so-called �comfort letters� to BlackBerry asking for assistance in intercepting messages and in �taking the appropriate steps and proceeding with configurations to ensure successful interceptions of certain devices.�"

"The defence also states that the RCMP communicated with BlackBerry whenever the police began monitoring a new BlackBerry PIN �to request their assistance,� and when they stopped."

Love the way a story is spinned!
    04-14-16 02:00 PM
    Very Good explanation Indeed. Thanks Corbu
    Don't those fools wish they had entrusted BlackBerry with their sh** LOL
    Corbu, rarsen and sidhuk like this.
    04-14-16 02:03 PM
    Don't those fools wish they had entrusted BlackBerry with their sh** LOL
    Another telling example of the extent to which, even today, most people in a variety of industries (even major law firms) have no clue of what "Security" is all about.

CDM76, kadakn01, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    04-14-16 02:12 PM
    If this thread keeps heading in current direction, i'm going to need a loan for my beer and wine! Any contributors here care to lend me some drinking money? I will be starting a GoFundMe campaign. Cheers mates!
    ZayDub, La Emperor, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    04-14-16 02:18 PM
    Another telling example of the extent to which, even today, most people in a variety of industries (even major law firms) have no clue of what "Security" is all about.

Totally agree with you mate! I learned the hard way, after this picture from my phone ended up on the internet.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-images-4-.jpg
    04-14-16 02:45 PM
    Let's move back on topic, that's old news.
    Also the answer to the why above.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    04-14-16 03:22 PM
    Social media's stale news effect spurs stock volatility, study finds - Bloomberg

Anyone watching the stock market has seen this: A post hits Twitter containing old news, and investors react as if it were new.

A working paper by researchers at Oxford University suggests the phenomenon is prevalent, creating a source of excess volatility for investors. It found evidence that the unmediated flood of news and opinion that pours over the social media transom results in some stocks getting whipped around for weeks by the same facts.
    04-14-16 03:38 PM
    What a nightmare.
    Have to wipe it from my memory (to be able to sleep) and be sure all backups are unlinked to all my servers by tomorrow !
    04-14-16 04:53 PM
    When you go to the rcmp reports its pin to pin motherboard and others added BBM.

Posted via CB10
    CSEC identified the following security issues with BIS-based BBM/PIN-to-PIN communications:
    1.PIN-to-PIN transmission security: PIN-to-PIN is not suitable for exchanging sensitive messages. Although PIN-to-PIN messages are encrypted using Triple-DES, the key used is a global cryptographic “key” that is common to every BlackBerry device all over the world. This means any BlackBerry device can potentially decrypt all PIN-to-PIN messages sent by any other BlackBerry device, if the messages can be intercepted and the destination PIN spoofed. Further, unfriendly third parties who know the key could potentially use it to decrypt messages captured over the air. Note that the “BlackBerry Solution Security Technical Overview” [1] document published by RIM specifically advises users to “consider PIN messages as scrambled, not encrypted”.
    2.PIN Address Vulnerability: A BlackBerry device that has been used for PIN messaging should not be recycled for re-use. The reason is that the hard-coded PIN cannot be erased or modified, and therefore the PIN does not follow a user to a new device. Even after memory wiping and reloading, the BlackBerry device still has the same PIN identity and will continue to receive PIN messages addressed to that PIN. This can expose unsuspecting users of BlackBerry devices to potential information compromise in the following ways: •A new owner of the recycled BlackBerry device could view PIN messages sent from a colleague of the previous owner who is unaware that the message is now going to the wrong recipient (recall that the PIN is a device ID, and not a user ID).
    •A message sent by the BlackBerry device’s new owner contains a known PIN credential which might be mistakenly accepted as being from the previous owner (impersonation).

3.Bypass of Virus/Malware Scanning and Spam Filtering mechanisms: As described previously, PIN-to-PIN messaging bypasses all corporate e-mail security filters, and thus users may become vulnerable to viruses and malware code as well as spam messages if their PIN becomes known to unauthorized third parties.
    04-14-16 06:06 PM
    04-14-16 10:25 PM
    04-15-16 12:28 AM
    So, what do we think 'the market' is going to be looking for from BlackBerry at the next ER anyway? For the first time in a while, there doesn't seem to be much salient news to look forward to.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-16 03:30 AM
    http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/...ngerprint-data

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160415_110413.png

Probably a minority around here, but anyone who really wanted priv to come with a fingerprint scanner

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, CDM76 and Superfly_FR like this.
    04-15-16 05:07 AM
    I think it's time for a MSFT bid @ $15. Prem will take a haircut less than 10% ?

MSFT can put money behind secured android and become the enterprise leader and fight iOS enterprise market share, offer Android with PKB and people will buy knowing they aren't going bankrupt, and also use the PKB patents for Win 10 phones.

Then add in all the other goodies EMM, patents, IoT. 10B is a drop in the bucket for all this.

Google could do the same, and should. The stock won't get much cheaper if at all...now is the time.
    04-15-16 08:33 AM
    So, what do we think 'the market' is going to be looking for from BlackBerry at the next ER anyway? For the first time in a while, there doesn't seem to be much salient news to look forward to.

Posted via CB10
    hardware will again decline significantly. need software Q/Q growth of 6-7%. Hopefully keep the loss at (.05) or better.
    04-15-16 08:35 AM
    Calling a green day and $7.19 close.
    04-15-16 08:43 AM
    So, what do we think 'the market' is going to be looking for from BlackBerry at the next ER anyway?
    A hardware exit strategy with details of the financial impact i.e. what will have to be written off.

Philippines voter hack: election hack is 'freaking huge' (Wired UK)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160415_110413.png 
Views:	1371 
Size:	169.3 KB 
ID:	397166

Probably a minority around here, but anyone who really wanted priv to come with a fingerprint scanner
    Not that anyone currently leaves their fingerprints all over everything that they use or touch every day in pubic or are already collected by just about any government employer or Uber driver registration or Disney theme park entrance. Other than that, your fingerprints safe and secure if they are not hash-encoded in the secure enclave of your smartphone.
    04-15-16 09:32 AM
    OT: indeed,and green day for bbry!..... but what's going on with SPHS?? ...

Posted via CB10
    I see no one has answered your question so here goes. SPHS still has that notice from the NASDAQ for a delisting, it isn't because they are trading below $ 1.00 anymore, it is because their market value is below $ 35 MM bucks, and has been for months now. This is common news in the investment community, almost all public Funds function by the rules governing what they can hold in their portfolios and that doesn't include a delisted stock. You will see stock sales come into the market as some funds move out of the trade because they have to, via their charter rules. It isn't possible to know when the dump of stock will end and the company isn't helping because they aren't telling us how they will raise funds to take their Phase III to market so no one wants to pounce on the stock despite the price. We are to hear from the rest of the safety study at the end of this month and at that time, they should announce how they will be raising capital. All of this will clear the air. For me, its some cheap stock.
    sidhuk, CDM76, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    04-15-16 09:44 AM
113,250 ... 38943895389638973898 ...