View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    For the love of God man , ......................

Don't bring out your charts! We have witnessed charts reverse the course of a stock, to send it in the opposite direction to that of the general market, to stifle its very life and to reduce it in a material way.

Our goal now is to let it mysteriously move higher, for no reason, just because it can. To let those around talk it down and even claim to be out of it looking to buy back much lower, only to be wasted, to be set aside, not holding any of our beloved stock. When you point out goodness, you are upsetting the balance of investing nature causing strange things to happen. The last thing we want now is to have certain others owning our beloved stock. So please refrain from showing charts with green colours in them and a mountain of positive lines, things of that nature. Only the selected few should partake in this wonder, alas, it is not a thing of beauty for all to bear.

Please, let's return to our discussion on why BlackBerry is a failure at everything ............... and go.
    Nicely done Morgan, but you have to do something about this character named SF. His charts are driving me crazy and I can't take it anymore. Lol

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    04-13-16 10:47 AM
    edited : I'm just dumb.
    P.S : but I'm glad there was no J word inside !!! (THIS is what can reverse lol)
    04-13-16 10:48 AM
    Nicely done Morgan, but you have to do something about this character named SF. His charts are driving me crazy and I can't take it anymore. Lol

Maybe you'd prefer this type of image ?
    I think we all elaborate about BES and all but here are some figures and opinions I'd like to share ... of course, it's ugly !
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture1.png
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    04-13-16 10:50 AM
    edited : I'm just dumb.
    P.S : but I'm glad there was no J word inside !!! (THIS is what can reverse lol)
    You know that Morgan is not an iPhone user, because in that post he never used the letter i. Lol

rarsen and Superfly_FR like this.
    04-13-16 11:02 AM
    Maybe you'd prefer this type of image ?
    I think we all elaborate about BES and all but here are some figures and opinions I'd like to share ... of course, it's ugly !
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture1.PNG 
Views:	1373 
Size:	340.1 KB 
ID:	397003
    That is truly terrible, what is BlackBerry going to do about it?

Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-13-16 11:30 AM
    The experience was going to be for Enterprise mainly... I know the US Enterprise market isn't the whole world. But it is key for BlackBerry, and sadly it is dominated by iOS now. Releasing an BES addon Suite for Android only would have been a failure.

I think the change with Good now being the face of BlackBerry EMM along with the cost associated with just the few apps they made for the PRIV. Chen saw that it was just too expensive to create that suite of apps for the three promised platforms, never mind the cost of maintaining and updating. With very little expectation that those enterprise customers would opt to pay for something that they might not really need. As apparently BBM meetings didn't get much demand.
    I think they will release it once it's stable on M.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 01:54 PM
    Encryption
    Senators Issue Encryption Proposal That Requires Firms to Comply With Court Orders - WSJ

�Discussion draft� could escalate clash between Silicon Valley and Washington

WASHINGTON�Two key lawmakers Wednesday circulated a proposal that would require companies to unlock encrypted technology when served with a court order, a notable change in the law that could escalate the clash between Silicon Valley and Washington.

Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr (R., N.C.) and the panel�s vice chairman, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D., Calif.), are seeking input on proposed legislation that attempts to address one of the thorniest security issues vexing policy makers�how to deal with the use of technology that cannot be read for law enforcement or national security purposes.

The 10-page �discussion draft� would require firms, when served with a court order, to provide �such information or data� or �provide technical assistance as is necessary to obtain such information or data� when the government is seeking to obtain encrypted material.

A company would be required to assist the government if the data �has been made unintelligible by a feature, product, or service owned, controlled, created, or provided by the covered entity or by a third party on behalf of the covered entity.�

Congress has been facing pressure to craft a balance between security and privacy when it comes to encryption, while the courts have been grappling with the issue, most prominently as a result of legal battles between the Justice Department and Apple Inc. over defendants� encrypted iPhones.

�I have long believed that data is too insecure and feel strongly that consumers have a right to seek solutions that protect their information�which involves strong encryption,� Mr. Burr said in a statement. �I do not believe, however, that those solutions should be above the law."

The draft has a long way to go before becoming law, and its chances for adoption in the short term are slim. Many technology companies, including Apple, have opposed any requirement that firms help circumvent encryption, which is now commonplace in smartphones and other devices. A number of lawmakers, including Sen. Ron Wyden (D., Ore.), have said they would oppose efforts to weaken encryption.

But other lawmakers from both parties, joined by many law-enforcement officials, say Congress must intervene because of concerns that terrorists and other criminals use encryption tools to plan attacks or conceal crimes.

A wide range of companies would be required to comply with the proposal if it became law, including device and software manufacturers, electronic communications companies, and remote communication companies.

Technology firms that oppose weakening encryption have said that to comply with court orders they would have to fundamentally alter the way they encrypt messages, likely requiring them to retain access to keys that unlock communication. For many companies, those keys don�t currently exist.

Some industry leaders also warn that weakening encryption would make it easier for hackers and foreign governments to obtain consumers� private messages or data.
    04-13-16 02:15 PM

The problem is who's law... USA, Canadian, Great Britain, France, China, Pakistan, North Korean.

I see a need for a new department and new taxes.....
    techvisor likes this.
    04-13-16 03:14 PM

The problem is who's law... USA, Canadian, Great Britain, France, China, Pakistan, North Korean.
    That's right. Now how do you pick and choose which governments are "good" (and need access to criminal communications) and which are "bad" (and must not have access to dissident communication), for instance.

Plus you have the fact that this prevents companies from even pursuing the most secure communications tools, which are the ones that are difficult/improbable to decrypt by the publisher/host of the service, regardless of court order.
    Elephant_Canyon and techvisor like this.
    04-13-16 04:02 PM
    04-13-16 04:05 PM
    OT: MobileIron Sets the Date for Its First Quarter Fiscal Year 2016 Earnings Announcement

MobileIron announced today that it will release its first quarter fiscal year 2016 earnings on Thursday, April 28, 2016.

MobileIron will host a conference call and live webcast at 1:30 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time (4:30 p.m. EDT) to discuss the company's financial results and business highlights. Interested parties may access the call by dialing 1-855-327-6837 in the U.S. or 1-631-891-4304 from international locations. The live webcast will be available on the MobileIron Investor Relations website at Investor Relations | MobileIron | The Platform for Mobile IT. A replay will be available through the same link.
    04-13-16 06:26 PM
    OT:
    Better late than never... Pretty good day for HALO. Cheers!
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    04-13-16 10:15 PM
  13. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    OT:
    Better late than never... Pretty good day for HALO. Cheers!
    OT: indeed,and green day for bbry!..... but what's going on with SPHS?? ...

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and Mr BBRY like this.
    04-13-16 10:25 PM
  14. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    http://n4bb.com/official-blackberry-...ry-10-devices/

Sorry if already posted...or old news

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by world traveler and former ceo; 04-14-16 at 03:11 AM.
    04-14-16 02:39 AM
    BlackBerry Stopped Peoduction of BB10 Devices

Sorry if already posted...or old news
    I could go on ad infinitum about such recent headlines as I have been monitoring the hundreds of articles that have been published since JC gave his interviews to The National and Gulf News, last week (all relevant headlines/articles were posted in our thread before they were picked up by anybody else around the world, take my word for it). I won't post this trash here. Let's just say that based on a single sentence for which no direct quote was supplied and, perhaps, one other loosely interpreted statement, what passes today for "the media" (a good example of which N4BB has become; you won't find me giving them a click) have launched themselves on a series of ever more dramatically titled articles lambasting BlackBerry and spewing out unverified information. Seems as if this company can do nothing right.... We already know that, as some in this thread share that point of view. One lesson though, for me: given the prevailing lack of professionalism and integrity of most people "reporting" on his company, JC might be well advised to be less candid in some of his interviews so as to control the message better in these difficult times.
    Last edited by Corbu; 04-14-16 at 06:25 AM.
    04-14-16 06:11 AM
    04-14-16 06:53 AM
    04-14-16 07:55 AM
    What's that sh...?

Exclusive: How Canadian Police Intercept and Read Encrypted BlackBerry Messages | Motherboard

Blackberry have to give a strong answer quickly.
    rarsen likes this.
    04-14-16 09:02 AM
    What's that sh...?

Exclusive: How Canadian Police Intercept and Read Encrypted BlackBerry Messages | Motherboard

This only applies to messages outside of BES. So if you and I are on BIS and send messages to each other, they are "encrypted" starting with the same global key. If someone has that global key (there have been strong rumors of a few LE agencies having this and BBRY themselves certainly have this key), then you can decrypt all of those messages.

This has been a known issue for a very long time, but it doesn't affect users in a BES domain communicating with each other.
    Last edited by app_Developer; 04-14-16 at 09:35 AM.
    kadakn01 likes this.
    04-14-16 09:17 AM
    What's that sh...?

Important things to know about it.

"RCMP inspector Mark Flynn testified in a heavily redacted transcript that BlackBerry “facilitated the interception process,” however, Flynn also stated that facilitation could mean mere information sharing or a physical action to aid interception."

And

"It’s not entirely clear how the RCMP obtained BlackBerry’s global encryption key, based on the court records obtained. However, redacted court documents state that the RCMP sent so-called “comfort letters” to BlackBerry asking for assistance in intercepting messages and in “taking the appropriate steps and proceeding with configurations to ensure successful interceptions of certain devices.”"

"The defence also states that the RCMP communicated with BlackBerry whenever the police began monitoring a new BlackBerry PIN “to request their assistance,” and when they stopped."

Love the way a story is spinned!

Last edited by bbjdog; 04-14-16 at 12:47 PM.
    Corbu, sidhuk, kadakn01 and 7 others like this.
    04-14-16 09:32 AM
    What's that sh...?

What the.... this all happened back between 2010 and 2012. It's been reported on and discussed and discussed and discussed here, there have been other similar case pop up in Great Britain and the US.

Basic BBM uses a shared key that BlackBerry does have. You want privacy, pay for BBM Protected.... or use one of the free IM that are supposedly secure and haven't been used to get criminals arrested.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-14-16 11:13 AM
    04-14-16 11:19 AM
    What the.... this all happened back between 2010 and 2012. It's been reported on and discussed and discussed and discussed here, there have been other similar case pop up in Great Britain and the US.

Basic BBM uses a shared key that BlackBerry does have. You want privacy, pay for BBM Protected.... or use one of the free IM that are supposedly secure and haven't been used to get criminals arrested.
    Key tech in the bust was pin to pin messages, not BBM

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 11:25 AM
    Key tech in the bust was pin to pin messages, not BBM

Posted via CB10
    Quote from the article.....

BlackBerry (formerly RIM) encrypts all messages sent between consumer phones, known as PIN-to-PIN or BBM messages, using a single “global encryption key” that’s loaded onto every handset during manufacturing. With this one key, any and all messages sent between consumer BlackBerry phones can be decrypted and read.
    As I said this has been discussed before.....even in the older reports about this, it was BBM that was talked about.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-14-16 11:37 AM
    When you go to the rcmp reports its pin to pin motherboard and others added BBM.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Jahcure; 04-14-16 at 04:06 PM.
    Corbu, rarsen, masterful and 1 others like this.
    04-14-16 11:53 AM
113,256 ... 38933894389538963897 ...