Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    04-12-16 09:36 AM
    04-12-16 09:45 AM
    M8 hate to bother you with this but what's your updated thought on the ECA trade? Bollinger bands are tightening and volume is still relatively low, i was looking at the CMF and reading up on the bb squeeze on the chart and it looks like it might go to the downside..but im not confirmed yet. Thoughts?

Update: ECA just broke thru 200ema but on light volume...im starting to wonder if this is a headfake, they reached 70 rsi now too going into weekend with DOHA opec meeting
    Posted via CB10
    I mentioned this would be a tough short, they have agreement on a freeze for oil production this morning, but as I have been saying all along, will it address the glut (nearly full tanks) and will they cheat? The stock is just overbought now with RSI and price outside the BB's so a pull back is in order. I still wouldn't buy it here as I have little faith in a freeze holding in here. The worst is out there, if consumers take up the slack in inventories the energy complex could hold but the general market has to hold as well so that's too many "ifs" for me. Again, you can make money or at least breakeven if the market falters or we have seen a top in energy on the news. GL
    04-12-16 10:16 AM
    OT: In regards to oil and ECA, don't go against the trend until a reversal is triggered. Pay close attention to the API report this evening and the EIA report tomorrow morning. I had oil dropping to 28.00, but got of the south bound train when the EIA report got bullish. Now I'm waiting on these two reports to see if I get off the north bound train. GL

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    rarsen likes this.
    04-12-16 11:32 AM
    OT: In regards to oil and ECA, don't go against the trend until a reversal is triggered. Pay close attention to the API report this evening and the EIA report tomorrow morning. I had oil dropping to 28.00, but got of the south bound train when the EIA report got bullish. Now I'm waiting on these two reports to see if I get off the north bound train. GL

Problem is, he is short the stock and looking to cover so that train has left the station.

We have Saudi Arabia and Russia, two of the most honest leaderships in the world, telling us they will freeze production. Do you trust them? Then, we have Iran and Iraq telling us to pound salt, they won't freeze production. At $ 42.00/bbl no one is better off here, and so we have a long way to go to sort this one out. Hope has flown out the window with today's announcement (more players involved and a cut in production was needed) so now it is up to the average consumer to decide if energy is cheap enough to consume more. Let's see if they sell on the news in the days ahead.
    rarsen, Corbu, cjcampbell and 5 others like this.
    04-12-16 12:09 PM
    OT: morganplus8

Mid-July event for your consideration, hosted at a very special place.

Seventh Annual British Motoring Festival - July 16, 2016 - King's-Edgehill School, Windsor, Nova Scotia

British Motoring Festival
    morganplus8, sidhuk, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    04-12-16 12:45 PM
    Problem is, he is short the stock and looking to cover so that train has left the station.

We have Saudi Arabia and Russia, two of the most honest leaderships in the world, telling us they will freeze production. Do you trust them? Then, we have Iran and Iraq telling us to pound salt, they won't freeze production. At $ 42.00/bbl no one is better off here, and so we have a long way to go to sort this one out. Hope has flown out the window with today's announcement (more players involved and a cut in production was needed) so now it is up to the average consumer to decide if energy is cheap enough to consume more. Let's see if they sell on the news in the days ahead.
    Thanks Morgan!

To stay on topic, I'm thinking of sending Morgan and SF to Australia, so we can get a 14 hour head start on BlackBerry stock. Lol

In regards to Arabia and Russia, they may be someone we can't trust, but I believe they have come to the realization that cheap oil prices have had an effect on their economy, not to mention the world economy. Banks would be in extreme trouble if current trends persist. These countries might be enemies, but it's in their best interest to keep oil at a certain level. Too expensive oil will hurt consumption and to cheap it will hurt the economy. It's a tight rope that they are walking on. Current consumption has been limited by the high gasoline price, is that how certain countries wish to move away from being dependable on oil (battery)? Or is it a cash cow that the average consumer must pay.

Last edited by bbjdog; 04-12-16 at 01:27 PM.
    04-12-16 12:53 PM
    04-12-16 01:19 PM
  9. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Well, if they are pursuing strategic options, let's hope they do it quietly this time?

If Chen is serious about 30% organic growth in software, though, I would argue investors would be better off if BBRY stays independent for at least another year. Wouldn't you agree?

If they deliver on that 30%, BBRY should be worth more a year from now.
    Still falls way short... much more is needed on cost reduction (ditch HW) and increase in revenues (more IP, acquisitions, IOT... )...

I am not in any way an expert on this...However, it seems the Market has already dismissed the 30 percent increase in software / services as not enough or "insignificant"...when considering everything so the next move is Chen's.....and he is running out of time on HW, at the very least... Hopefully, as was with BBM it's not too little, too late...

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    Last edited by world traveler and former ceo; 04-12-16 at 08:09 PM.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and techvisor like this.
    04-12-16 07:50 PM
    Still falls way short... much more is needed on cost reduction (ditch HW) and increase in revenues (IP, acquisitions, IOT... )...

I am not in any way an expert on this...but it seems the market has already dismissed the 30 percent increase in software / services as not enough or "insignificant"... next move is Chen's.....and he is running out of time on HW at the very least...
    I really will be back in BBRY the moment they drop hardware. I think we'll see $10+ soon after that. I was hoping we'd hear more than a strong hint on this in this ER, but we didn't. Yet. Maybe 2 more quarters of this ambiguity?

I'm a big believer in focus, and a bigger believer in culture. I think having sales failure after sales failure in hardware does more than just drag down the financials, it also perpetuates a culture of losing, IMO. That pallor can't be good for recruiting great talent or retaining whom you have. When your big strategic goal for a division is to just break even, and you obviously cannot or will not make the major investments it takes to really become a player again in hardware, then I think it's time to stop. It will be painful, but I actually like the software company that will emerge that will be worth more than $7.

BBRY as an enterprise software company probably won't reach $100 anytime this century, or even $50, but it gives them a good chance at stable growth, which they really need.

The decline in this stock hasn't been because of mean-spirited analysts or a "short army" wielding iPhones or Martian conspiracies or any of that other childish nonsense. The stock has declined solely because the company itself has been shrinking rather remarkably for a long time now. I think they have a chance to arrest and then finally reverse that decline if they focus on enterprise software and use what's left of the SAF to build/buy more of it.
    Last edited by app_Developer; 04-12-16 at 08:34 PM.
    04-12-16 08:23 PM
    Last week's news... but still:
    UAE's Fast Telecom to offer BlackBerry products in Middle East | Gulf News Journal

BBRY, recognized as a leader in secure mobile communications, and its partnership with Fast Telecom, a leading distributor of telecom equipment, means residents in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Lebanon, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Egypt and Morocco will have access to BlackBerry products.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-smartphone-365072_1280.jpg
    bungaboy, sidhuk and 3MIKE like this.
    04-12-16 08:38 PM
    Cheers mates, time for a classic.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...RE&PC=RIMBINGD

More Pink Floyd

And this one is a must watch from 1994!

Last edited by bbjdog; 04-12-16 at 09:25 PM.
    Corbu, rarsen, randall2580 and 1 others like this.
    04-12-16 08:49 PM
    Still falls way short... much more is needed on cost reduction (ditch HW) and increase in revenues (more IP, acquisitions, IOT... )...

I am not in any way an expert on this...However, it seems the Market has already dismissed the 30 percent increase in software / services as not enough or "insignificant"...when considering everything so the next move is Chen's.....and he is running out of time on HW, at the very least... Hopefully, as was with BBM it's not too little, too late...

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    At least with BBM, it isn't so much 'too little, too late' as simply 'not good enough'. There was a huge amount of interest in BBM with it went cross-platform, and it wasn't lateness that doomed it; it was the fact that it didn't work. To this day, I have iOS and Android friends who complain that they don't get notifications properly on BBM. As for Channels....who's ever heard of them? Instead of making them personal forums sort of like Facebook or Instagram, they decided on making them advertising or corporate things that no one cares about at all. I was personally really excited when I saw it for the first time, and then shocked that there wasn't even an option or category for 'personal' page. I haven't even looked at BBM Channels in over a year, so perhaps that's changed. Who knows, but it hasn't been lateness that's hurt things. It's been sheer lack of quality.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 02:19 AM
    Well, as a footprint and out of open hours, here's yesterday activity on Nasdaq.
    At least we had some action and a colorful finish, despite (because ?) a relatively low volume.

As many here planned, once dust settled, we're back in the same area than before E.R, witch, IMHO is a pretty good sign if we consider we've been traveling in the $6 area for a while. Sure, the overall indexes are in play here but so were they too when we plunged after E.R.

My reading : Investors give BBRY another chance but are prompt to make the use of any weak signal. A lot of money has been made on this stock by the "dark side" ... who'd want to kill the milk cow ?

FTR :
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    04-13-16 05:47 AM
    Some Passport love!

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/04/...ll-a-position/

Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    04-13-16 08:06 AM
    At least with BBM, it isn't so much 'too little, too late' as simply 'not good enough'. There was a huge amount of interest in BBM with it went cross-platform, and it wasn't lateness that doomed it; it was the fact that it didn't work. To this day, I have iOS and Android friends who complain that they don't get notifications properly on BBM. As for Channels....who's ever heard of them? Instead of making them personal forums sort of like Facebook or Instagram, they decided on making them advertising or corporate things that no one cares about at all. I was personally really excited when I saw it for the first time, and then shocked that there wasn't even an option or category for 'personal' page. I haven't even looked at BBM Channels in over a year, so perhaps that's changed. Who knows, but it hasn't been lateness that's hurt things. It's been sheer lack of quality.

Posted via CB10
    I think one good thing that came out of the attempt to take BBM crossplatform. It gave BlackBerry developers some experience with Android and in taking BlackBerry Apps and bringing them to the Android platform. If the PRIV had the same growing pains that BBM had, I guess sales could have been worse...

I'm afraid that iOS is still an issue for BlackBerry and BBM. Might be why they have canceled or postponed the BlackBerry Experience Suites.... With much of enterprise and goverment using iOS devices today it would be difficult to release the BlackBerry Experience Suites without iOS support. And I'm not sure with the way iOS works that you would ever have the real BlackBerry Experience.
    04-13-16 08:36 AM
    I think one good thing that came out of the attempt to take BBM crossplatform. It gave BlackBerry developers some experience with Android and in taking BlackBerry Apps and bringing them to the Android platform. If the PRIV had the same growing pains that BBM had, I guess sales could have been worse...

I'm afraid that iOS is still an issue for BlackBerry and BBM. Might be why they have canceled or postponed the BlackBerry Experience Suites.... With much of enterprise and goverment using iOS devices today it would be difficult to release the BlackBerry Experience Suites without iOS support. And I'm not sure with the way iOS works that you would ever have the real BlackBerry Experience.
    So release it for Android. Show how garbage iOS is vs this experience on Android.
    04-13-16 08:52 AM
    So release it for Android. Show how garbage iOS is vs this experience on Android.
    The experience was going to be for Enterprise mainly... I know the US Enterprise market isn't the whole world. But it is key for BlackBerry, and sadly it is dominated by iOS now. Releasing an BES addon Suite for Android only would have been a failure.

I think the change with Good now being the face of BlackBerry EMM along with the cost associated with just the few apps they made for the PRIV. Chen saw that it was just too expensive to create that suite of apps for the three promised platforms, never mind the cost of maintaining and updating. With very little expectation that those enterprise customers would opt to pay for something that they might not really need. As apparently BBM meetings didn't get much demand.
    CDM76 and techvisor like this.
    04-13-16 09:30 AM
    I think they have a chance to arrest and then finally reverse that decline if they focus on enterprise software and use what's left of the SAF to build/buy more of it.
    Software revenue is expected to grow 30% in FY2017, but that's not really organic growth. Most of it is acquired revenue from GOOD and Athoc for the first, second and part of the third quarter that weren't included in FY2016.
    Let's say the acquired revenue is $50 million per quarter, that represents 24% of the expected growth, only 6% of the growth would be really organic.
    Of course the assumption is that IP licencing revenue is stable. That big black box is doing a great job obfuscating the results and guidelines (as planned).

I don't think the software business is that great.
    early2bed and techvisor like this.
    04-13-16 09:49 AM
    Some Passport love!

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/04/...ll-a-position/

It's not 'love' if BlackBerry have published the thing themselves, but thanks. Self-love has its appeal as well, naturally.

Posted via CB10
    Iggy City, CDM76 and techvisor like this.
    04-13-16 10:13 AM
    Well, as a footprint and out of open hours, here's yesterday activity on Nasdaq.
    At least we had some action and a colorful finish, despite (because ?) a relatively low volume.

As many here planned, once dust settled, we're back in the same area than before E.R, witch, IMHO is a pretty good sign if we consider we've been traveling in the $6 area for a while. Sure, the overall indexes are in play here but so were they too when we plunged after E.R.

My reading : Investors give BBRY another chance but are prompt to make the use of any weak signal. A lot of money has been made on this stock by the "dark side" ... who'd want to kill the milk cow ?

FTR :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	1130 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	396982
    For the love of God man , ......................

Don't bring out your charts! We have witnessed charts reverse the course of a stock, to send it in the opposite direction to that of the general market, to stifle its very life and to reduce it in a material way.

Our goal now is to let it mysteriously move higher, for no reason, just because it can. To let those around talk it down and even claim to be out of it looking to buy back much lower, only to be wasted, to be set aside, not holding any of our beloved stock. When you point out goodness, you are upsetting the balance of investing nature causing strange things to happen. The last thing we want now is to have certain others owning our beloved stock. So please refrain from showing charts with green colours in them and a mountain of positive lines, things of that nature. Only the selected few should partake in this wonder, alas, it is not a thing of beauty for all to bear.

Please, let's return to our discussion on why BlackBerry is a failure at everything ............... and go.
    rarsen, cjcampbell, Corbu and 14 others like this.
    04-13-16 10:15 AM
    It's not 'love' if BlackBerry have published the thing themselves, but thanks. Self-love has its appeal as well, naturally.

Posted via CB10
    Regardless of who wrote the article, the user is what it's about and that's some love right there.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, Corbu, W Hoa and 4 others like this.
    04-13-16 10:17 AM
    Software revenue is expected to grow 30% in FY2017, but that's not really organic growth. Most of it is acquired revenue from GOOD and Athoc for the first, second and part of the third quarter that weren't included in FY2016.
    Let's say the acquired revenue is $50 million per quarter, that represents 24% of the expected growth, only 6% of the growth would be really organic.
    Of course the assumption is that IP licencing revenue is stable. That big black box is doing a great job obfuscating the results and guidelines (as planned).

I don't think the software business is that great.
    Well, of course the proof of the pudding is in the eating in 3 months.

I would argue, though, that any growth in Good in FY2017 is actually organic growth since Good is fully part of BBRY entering this year.

Chen was clear on the call that he expects 30% organic growth in software in 2017. We'll see if he's right. It's true he has been knows to move goalposts around from quarter to quarter.
    04-13-16 10:22 AM
    04-13-16 10:41 AM
    Regardless of who wrote the article, the user is what it's about and that's some love right there.

Posted via CB10
    CJ, what does he/she know about love. Some people just want to trash anything they read. Cheers mate!

Info:

http://app.biz.blackberry.com/e/es?s...d=1831&elqat=1

04-13-16 10:43 AM
113,256 ... 38923893389438953896 ...