View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Believe in what you want too! A quote: you get what you paid for.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Coming back to the story:
    http://www.gizmochina.com/2016/01/15...ores-compared/

Interesting, huh?

CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    04-10-16 05:34 PM
    Forget the fact that 90+% of the population don't know what the Hub is and about the same number have never heard of the Priv in the first place.
    Posted via CB10
    Do you really think that 10% of the population knows what the Hub and the Priv are? Not even close. If we are talking about U.S., Canada and the EU countries, I would guess about 1% know that Blackberry still exists and about .2% know what both the Hub and the Priv are. (I'm not exaggerating. Blackberry should know these numbers, but they don't.)
    04-10-16 05:38 PM
    Stick with your Snapdragon 650, I still don't know what that is! They probably were made before I was born. LMAO

Sure, sure.

Looks like 650 snapdragon is not that bad, huh? And not even ancient.

Just to be clear, I am huge BlackBerry fan and fanboy who will be first to defend BlackBerry, but if I will be forced to buy new Android, it will be very hard to justify, why to pay huge sum of my hard earned cash for yet another android. At least for me.

And I would never ever ridiculous price for samsung, lg, htc or similar, very expensive but the "high end" android phone. Because for me, they just absolutely the same and almost all "specialities" are just plain gimmicks (i.e. Touchwiz or so).

CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    04-10-16 05:41 PM
    100%. Priv 2, full blown price while Priv 1.0 is a bargain.
    That would be the easiest way to start

Posted via CB10
    Then BlackBerry can make that phone that Morgan and I keep dreaming of having one day, dual Sim and dual OS. This is what we want and need, now BlackBerry has to make it happen. Totally agree with the Priv 1.0 for bargain price (will become mid-range phone) and a full blown Priv 2. Here is a list of the BB10 phones, in no specific order. Z10,Z3,Z30,Q10,Q5,Classic,Passport,leap,P9982. I had to check if I had them all, because I could not remember some of the models. Like someone said, stick to a model and build on it.

04-10-16 05:48 PM
    Coming back to the story:

Interesting, huh?

CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    Read below

"In this comparison, we will take a look only at the AnTuTu scores, because that�s readily available at the moment. This is not an extensive comparison, rather it focuses on just the benchmark scores."

Like I told you, believe what you want to believe! I still want to buy a Aston Martin for the price of a Ford Focus!

Last edited by bbjdog; 04-10-16 at 06:02 PM.
    04-10-16 05:52 PM
    04-10-16 06:00 PM
    Read below

"In this comparison, we will take a look only at the AnTuTu scores, because that�s readily available at the moment. This is not an extensive comparison, rather it focuses on just the benchmark scores."

Like I told you, believe what you want to believe! I still want to buy a Aston Martin for the price of a Ford Focus!

No one talks about aston martin for focus price.

It's more of BMW 320 vs all new Mondeo. For the same specs bmw will be 30% more expensive. But in the end, user experience will be close.

P.s. I've just seen that note3 live in action. Very impressive for the price tbh. It's not that it is the same. But experience is very good. So why to pay more?

CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    04-10-16 06:13 PM
    @Yessur
    Do your own research!

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/sn...processors/650

And the 808 below.

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/sn...ors/comparison

And here is a description on the Snapdragon 650 from Qualcomm. Please note the "efficient performance".

"The Snapdragon 650 processor supports high-quality, efficient performance, multimedia, gaming and connectivity, thanks to its powerful 64-bit capable hexa-core CPUs, integrated X8 LTE with Cat 7 speeds, Qualcomm� Adreno� 510 GPU, and support for 4K Ultra HD video."

Last edited by bbjdog; 04-10-16 at 06:51 PM.
    morganplus8, Corbu and rarsen like this.
    04-10-16 06:23 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bang-your-head-syndrome.png
    bungaboy, 3MIKE, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    04-10-16 07:11 PM
    I did some checking and Chen eventually sold Sybase to SAP. That was his real success.

The question is who will buy BB now? I don't see that they have the intellectual property base to make the company a saleable asset. They have no leadership in phones. Their MDM software leadership is being eroded. Their security may or may not be better than the Apple security.
    The problem is that the opportunity to sell has now past. The myth of BB as a security stalwart with good software has been usurped by Apple and others. It looks to me that Chen will spend the cash tilting at windmills (the Priv) until it is all gone.
    In my view, the best buyer is MSFT. They can incorporate the security and physical keyboard features into a surface phone that high end users are willing to pay good money for a proper phone that is what the new HP phone is supposed to be.
    No-one wants BB10 or Android BlackBerry. The market answer was so clear along these years. Chasing the low end $400 market is only throwing good money after bad. Why should Chen burn more cash on a lost business.
    Chen needs to prepare the company for sale or step aside and let someone else do it.
    04-10-16 09:36 PM
    I did some checking and Chen eventually sold Sybase to SAP. That was his real success.
    Wow. That was news to 11/05/13 me when I read:

I don't know if that was the first post about John Chen in this thread, but it's probably close enough. That was on page 2174 of this thread. Please start there and read all 1,721 pages until you're all caught up.

Thank you.

[ps. MODS: sorry for this highly sarcastic post. It just needed to be posted.]
    [psst. Hassan00: Sorry for my rudeness. Thanks for the diversion. I've gotta get back to work now. Please, feel free to post, but if you really want to find the audience you're seeking, I'm pretty sure they can be found in the Armchair CEO thread, two forums up, one over, and then down one child forum.]
    Last edited by BanffMoose; 04-11-16 at 12:20 AM.
    04-11-16 12:06 AM
    @Yessur
    Do your own research!

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/sn...processors/650

And the 808 below.

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/sn...ors/comparison

And here is a description on the Snapdragon 650 from Qualcomm. Please note the "efficient performance".

"The Snapdragon 650 processor supports high-quality, efficient performance, multimedia, gaming and connectivity, thanks to its powerful 64-bit capable hexa-core CPUs, integrated X8 LTE with Cat 7 speeds, Qualcomm� Adreno™ 510 GPU, and support for 4K Ultra HD video."

Yeah. Do your own research
    The newest budget chipset from SnapDragon, better results. Crazy, huh? and what is wrong with the "efficient performance"?

So that's the point - budget devices from china - are much better value than "premium" but "huge bucks" devices from major manufacturers like Samsung and others, and then, since it's same android like any other (with few gimmicks as differentiator), the natural question rises: why to pay more if you get the same or similar.

check the reviews and you will understand what I am talkin' about. Check the Benchmarks (73+K on Antutu, 1393/3348 on geekbench). It is more than impressive. do your research before criticizing.

now, back to the topic:
    I still hold some BBRY shares, but I am in somewhat loss (not huge). and still wait for the good news
    CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    Last edited by yessuz; 04-11-16 at 06:39 AM.
    04-11-16 02:40 AM
    [info]
    Ok kids, we're Monday now, let's keep the weekend OT outta here.

There's plenty of forum sections where you can discuss it (chips) in details but frankly, unless you focus on gross price and how they can affect the supply chain performance,
    we're really swimming in a barely related to the stock area .

Thanks and, moreover, have a GREAT week !
    [/info]
    04-11-16 06:43 AM
    Priv love!

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/04/...-of-the-class/

Corbu, bungaboy, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    04-11-16 07:32 AM
    Love it!

http://view.b.blackberry.com/?qs=88c...732ab687d4c8a1

Corbu, masterful, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    04-11-16 07:39 AM
    Remember this?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...l#post12370295
    BBM 1st with 45%
    WhatsApp 2nd with 25%
    04-11-16 07:46 AM
    How Now Brown Cow Shoes?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-buy-direct-april-11.jpg
    04-11-16 08:51 AM
    How Now Brown Cow Shoes?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB Buy Direct April 11.JPG 
Views:	1354 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	396769
    I truly love the picture, a BlackBerry Priv with a BlackBerry Passport! Maybe they should have included the Z30, I still like that phone as an all touch.

Cheers!

04-11-16 09:01 AM
    I wish there was Buy direct from BlackBerry for all people that have CrackBerry IDs and it will be two birds one stone - more CrackBerry users and more BlackBerry sales! Blaze, are you reading this?

Posted from my trusted Passport
    Uzi, morganplus8, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    04-11-16 09:17 AM
    BlackBerry finally comes up with one and multiple good products that can sell to main street, selling more devices shouldn't be hard. Admit it that BlackBerry 10 is not for everyone. Android is for most. So good days should be ahead. All needed is good products that can sell + creative selling strategies (not just marketing strategies). Tesla does not spend big on marketing but it has good selling strategies! BlackBerry can borrow some of its ideas. But I am sure JC knew all of this already. Once he turns the focus to device after software is successful, results will be seen!

04-11-16 09:34 AM
    Time for a group buy thread.
    04-11-16 10:02 AM
    BlackBerry finally comes up with one and multiple good products that can sell to main street, selling more devices shouldn't be hard. Admit it that BlackBerry 10 is not for everyone. Android is for most. So good days should be ahead. All needed is good products that can sell + creative selling strategies (not just marketing strategies). Tesla does not spend big on marketing but it has good selling strategies! BlackBerry can borrow some of its ideas. But I am sure JC knew all of this already. Once he turns the focus to device after software is successful, results will be seen!

Their one shot at doing that with Android was the PRIV. Going forward I don't see BlackBerry getting the support from Carriers for another go at the consumer market. And let's be honest, they aren't set up to be a competitive hardware manufacture. What they need is a little more tweaking of Android - hopefully with the Marshmallow update. If that sets BlackBerry apart enough from other OEM's (even KNOX and BlackPhone), then Enterprise will show interest in their products and overlook the higher prices that BlackBerry will be asking. But that tweaking won't appeal to consumers, so they'll stick to the best bang for the buck they can get, and the latest and greatest gimmicks.

And I agree JC knew all of this already...
    techvisor likes this.
    04-11-16 10:40 AM
    Their one shot at doing that with Android was the PRIV. Going forward I don't see BlackBerry getting the support from Carriers for another go at the consumer market. And let's be honest, they aren't set up to be a competitive hardware manufacture. What they need is a little more tweaking of Android - hopefully with the Marshmallow update. If that sets BlackBerry apart enough from other OEM's (even KNOX and BlackPhone), then Enterprise will show interest in their products and overlook the higher prices that BlackBerry will be asking. But that tweaking won't appeal to consumers, so they'll stick to the best bang for the buck they can get, and the latest and greatest gimmicks.

And I agree JC knew all of this already...
    Before you tweak my words and keep sticking to your own old thoughts, read my key words above Creative Selling Strategy.

Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    04-11-16 11:12 AM
    I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not, but I just read an article saying BBRY should use QNX as an open source OS.
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/3964...f=72&dr=1#alt2
    04-11-16 11:43 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bang-your-head-syndrome.png 
Views:	774 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	396737
    Worth a repost at this time, thanks Corbu!

Corbu, bungaboy and StormieTwo like this.
    04-11-16 01:04 PM
113,256 ... 38903891389238933894 ...