View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Those are really interesting points, current Priv salescould provide a good indicator that it is not apps which keep consumers from buying. I also disagree with Chen and BBRYs management that it was the Priv�s higher cost that kept buyers away. Though I can�t exactly agree that advertising is not the best way to spend money, at this point. Advertising works. Advertising is persuading the buyer to take their money out of their wallet, purse, credit card, bitcoin, etc.; and to give it to you in exchange for what it is they want. Consumers have to be shown what they want because they don�t even know it themselves. Fact, I was at the service center the other day getting routine maintenance on my car, well, I overheard a person telling a salesman that he was working six jobs to drive the car he wanted. That is what advertising does, and it works. Product, pricing, placement, promotion. But you can�t determine a profitable price, if you don�t have all the other stuff figured out already. I think Chen is trying to drive meaningful improvement in revenue through B2B software. I think what he wants is to have this stream of cash flow worked out before taking any risks on advertising. The consumer market is riskier than business to business. In other words, we're going to have to be patient a little bit longer before we see BlackBerry hosting SBSW concerts or building sized adverts of whatever future BB-1X device.
    People "buy" iPhones and Galaxy's because of their positive market perception. Given the broad negative perception that BlackBerry has been experiencing, no one can be expected to "buy" a Blackberry. They have to be SOLD a BlackBerry. That takes carrier and retailer buy-in and willingness to do. Carriers aren't willing to sell a BlackBerry because BlackBerry, the company, has been bitten so many times by the carriers, it doesn't want to or can't pay for carrier/retailer promotions, training, sales incentives, etc. Spending on sales incentives would be far more effective than a general market advertising campaigns.

Put another way, BlackBerry phones are like insurance and annuities. They aren't bought. They are sold. BlackBerry's problem isn't as much price or app gap, it's that since 2012, no one wants to sell a BlackBerry. Chen and BlackBerry realized this years ago. Chen revived their corporate sales teams. The PRIV gave his sales teams the ability to go to corporate customers and sell BES, BB10 handsets and BlackBerry Android handsets (instead of an android competitor's handset). With a mid-range Android handset, hopefully more business customers will bite and start buying BlackBerry handsets that are SOLD to them via BlackBerry's enterprise sales teams. We're just lamenting the lack of a consumer sales team and oh yeah, Verizon's glacial pace of bringing the PRIV to market.

There's gotta be an alternate universe where the 2013 BlackBerry turn to a MLM business model for consumer handset sales when it became obvious carriers wouldn't sell their phones. Back in 2013, BlackBerry was spending on BB10 development and had a hungry fan base that would've loved to become MLM consultants that sold BlackBerry handsets.
    bungaboy, Corbu, 3MIKE and 1 others like this.
    04-09-16 02:31 PM
    excellent point. the priv is not lacking apps. so what is it lacking?
    credibility? most people think blackberry is dead. those that are aware of the phones are probably hesitant to invest in a product that may be discontinued. Chen himself has been saying that he would ax hardware if it weren't profitable.

"hey guys, buy my product even though there's a good chance we wont be supporting it in the near future"

where do i sign up!!

the worst part is that they have an excellent product. it's a damn shame. my boss just picked up a Priv. he's blown away by the hub.
    04-09-16 02:37 PM
    250-300 is unrealistic for this device. But at $500 I'm in for one ! Unfortunately if they were a $500 device, currently, BlackBerry would loose (even more) money on them.

Posted via CB10
    XIAOMI Redmi Note 3 Pro 16GB 4G Phablet-199.89 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com - and the only difference you will see - will be the hardware keyboard.

Or even this one Aliexpress.com : Buy Original Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 4G LTE Metal Body Fingerprint Mobile Phone MTK Helio X10 Octa Core 5.5" 1920X1080 13MP 4000mAh from Reliable phone female suppliers on Hong Kong Goldway | Alibaba Group

with Antutu v6 score @48000 - it is very close to priv. you will not see any difference :/
    04-09-16 02:41 PM
    If you want to compare a banana to a BlackBerry Priv, please check the specs! Snapdragon 650, what is that?

Main Features:
    XIAOMI Redmi Note 3 Pro 5.5 inch 4G Phablet Android 5.1 Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 64bit Hexa Core 1.8GHz Fingerprint ID 2GB RAM 16GB ROM 16.0MP + 5.0MP FHD Screen
    Display: 5.5 inch, 1920 x 1080 Pixel Screen with 403 PPI
    CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 64bit 1.8GHz Hexa core ( 2 x A72 + 4 x A53 )
    GPU: Adreno 510
    System: Android 5.1 ( MIUI 7 )
    RAM + ROM: 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM
    Camera: 5.0MP with f/2.0 aperture front camera + 16.0MP with 78 degree wide-angle, f/2.0 aperture back camera
    Fingerprint recognition:
    By pushing fingerprint sensor area, you can unlock your phone and enter into your app, safe and considerate design to protect your privacy and account security
    Sensor: Light sensor, G-sensor, Proximity sensor, Hall Sensor, gyroscope, E-compass and fingerprint sensor
    SIM Card: Dual SIM dual standby. One is Micro SIM card slot,

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    04-09-16 09:42 PM
    to be honest, I will never ever pay 300+ GBP for the phone as I did with passport. Especially for Android.

you can get really good specifications Android (namely Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, Note 2) for less than HALF the price. load up all BBRY apps - and Voila! you got same android (as android is just android) but without hardware keyboard (which is the only no go to android now for me).

why to pay more?
    Stick with your Snapdragon 650, I still don't know what that is! They probably were made before I was born. LMAO

04-09-16 09:49 PM
    excellent point. the priv is not lacking apps. so what is it lacking?
    credibility? most people think blackberry is dead. those that are aware of the phones are probably hesitant to invest in a product that may be discontinued. Chen himself has been saying that he would ax hardware if it weren't profitable.

"hey guys, buy my product even though there's a good chance we wont be supporting it in the near future"

where do i sign up!!

the worst part is that they have an excellent product. it's a damn shame. my boss just picked up a Priv. he's blown away by the hub.
    I did miss you alot!!!!!!!! Tell your boss that the hub is yesterday's technology.

Last edited by bbjdog; 04-09-16 at 10:15 PM.
    04-09-16 09:52 PM
    Have a look at Walmart:

BlackBerry Priv STV100-1 GSM Slider Android Smartphone (Unlocked) - Walmart.com

It's a five day delivery for any of these phones, the question is, "why are we offering so many phones in the first place?". They had 4 comments when the phone was first offered and they have the same four comments today. Let's move on here as this system isn't working.

I still think the HW division should be spun off to an American subsidiary with all that comes with a native location. In Canada, our publicly traded companies carry a lower P/E ratio, aren't protected by the OSC at all and are often raided by hedge funds. Let BlackBerry supply software solutions for everyone and carry a high multiple like other best of breed, leading sector companies that are growing organically at a rate 10% higher than their peers. Then world_traveler would get his money back, we would still have our foot in the door on HW and everyone would be happy. Someone else needs to take hold of the HW division and make it their own, i.e. PROFITABLE! To your point, it isn't the OS that killed HW its the lack of direction regarding how to bring a phone to market. I'll say it again, a Passport/Classic hybrid with duel sim and duel OS and I will buy spares in case the world comes to an end and they disappear. At $ 399.00 they could sell millions via online only.
    Totally agree with you Morgan, with one exception, no spinning HW. A new creative approach to selling hardware is needed and not advertising or listening to these regurgitated material (BlackBerry dead and so on)will help. BlackBerry needs to be creative and ponder what will separate us from them, what people like, and what rules the world. Sorry for being a little cryptic.

Cheers mate and hope you are having a good weekend.

morganplus8, Corbu, 3MIKE and 3 others like this.
    04-09-16 10:08 PM
    I would have to agree that it's the price of the PRIV that's probably keeping people from jumping on right away. I found myself buying all the new BB10 phones from z10 to the passport..paying full price but just to have it slashed a few months after release and just feel it's completely a waste as a consumer and a **** off when it comes to my wallet. Right now im waiting for the PRIV to drop lower for a renewal upgrade, only reason for me to get it is for the apps... can't see myself abandoning the bb10 OS altogether so my passport will still be my go to!

Sorry for the rant but im sure im not alone in this camp and the thing that frustrates me and others is that BlackBerry has not learned from its past mistakes, I think one main thing that is really affecting sales is the damn staggered release to different countries. Anyways enough about the rants, I'm sure it's a tough time for shareholders right now but we've been through this before and we all know it goes in cycles so just be patient, BlackBerry won't be bankrupt it's only about addressing the HW but times will still get better it's just taking much longer than expected. Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 01:13 AM
    Stick with your Snapdragon 650, I still don't know what that is! They probably were made before I was born. LMAO

Yeye. You can go with Helio X Octacore processor.

And nevertheless, antutu benchmark gives quite similar score as priv. Huge battery and performance with no lags at all.

If you need snapdragon 820 or any - that's ok. But if you will see no difference in performance - why would it matter?

and yeah - check the price difference.

CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    Last edited by yessuz; 04-10-16 at 03:40 AM.
    04-10-16 03:06 AM
    The Priv is overpriced. We all agree on that (deep in our hearts). The point is, if Chen wanna keep the hw division open, that BlackBerry doesn't need a mid-spec device. There are tons out there that will for sure cost way less than the two rumored BlackBerry's handsets that will eventually come out. BlackBerry needs two devices priced as midrange device, but almost high-end specs wise. Something like a repackaged Priv without the keyboard and the edges and with a FHD screen instead and a 5 mpx front camera. Price it 399$ or 349$ and sell it. It will compete thanks to the camera, the build quality, the battery, the internal storage and the amount of RAM. Plus, it will probably sport a revamped Hub and the best integration with Marshmallow...

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-10-16 04:10 AM
    Hey everyone,
    Well we are back to the HW debate, and what they should do

My opinion, just sell the priv for much much cheaper and for enterprise, give it away at cost plus 10% if they bundle up the full suite of software offerings.

They made a great, unique device, keep making them, I'm sure they're cheaper to manufacture now then in October and sell them for dirt cheap.
    If there is no R&D associated with getting more made, isn't this a better solution?

Because, like everyone else, I am worried that BlackBerry definition of midteer phone will be lower than mid spec'd and higher than mid price.

Priv for $499 unlocked usa and keep the re-orders coming.

I know software is the future, but I also know one-stop shopping sure is nice for businesses too

And yes, I agree that the brand is tarnished amongst consumers, a Samsung priv would definitely sell, intact it would probably be their biggest seller.... that's the most frustrating part of all of this

Posted via CB10
    b121, 3MIKE, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    04-10-16 05:27 AM
    Unfortunately, Chen has already made clear what his assessment has been: 'the market' didn't want a $700 high-end phone. Forget the fact that 90+% of the population don't know what the Hub is and about the same number have never heard of the Priv in the first place. It wasn't that he hadn't advertised its existence and it's benefits sufficiently; it was the simply that they didn't want it.

He's right about the price, but instead of releasing a high-end phone with a sub-high-end price, like a sensible person, or a mid-range device with a sub-mid-range price, expect a mid-range device, still priced too highly, again, with very little marketing. Chen's mindset is absolutely fixed on this looping, unsuccessful strategy, and is not likely to change.

Whichever way he tries to explain it, it was one thing to make a complete mess of BlackBerry 10; there is absolutely no excuse under the sun for not being able to sell Android phones. No excuse at all.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and techvisor like this.
    04-10-16 05:45 AM
    My opinion, just sell the priv for much much cheaper and for enterprise, give it away at cost plus 10% if they bundle up the full suite of software offerings.
    Since the legitimation of keeping HW alive is the end-to-end mantra, I'd say : a-bso-lu-te-ly.
    bungaboy, La Emperor and Mr BBRY like this.
    04-10-16 06:10 AM
    expect a mid-range device, still priced too highly,
    Didn't he spoke about a $250-350 range ? Seems pretty legit IMHO for a BlackBerry device (remember: these are made to last if you refer tho history).
    3MIKE, bungaboy and La Emperor like this.
    04-10-16 06:12 AM
    Yeye. You can go with Helio X Octacore processor.

And nevertheless, antutu benchmark gives quite similar score as priv. Huge battery and performance with no lags at all.

If you need snapdragon 820 or any - that's ok. But if you will see no difference in performance - why would it matter?

and yeah - check the price difference.

CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    Believe in what you want too! A quote: you get what you paid for.

3MIKE likes this.
    04-10-16 07:06 AM
    When was the last time BB or RIM paid out a dividend? While I can appreciate the reason to support, to gain my investment money some sort of payback is necessary periodically.

I support BB by buying their products, they need to reward investors.

This is dated but is still relevant.

Three U.S. Dividend Paying Stocks Priced Under $30
    04-10-16 08:49 AM
    Real life story instead . . .

Oh look, another ghost sign…

Oh look, another ghost sign? - Chuck Miller

I looked up.

Holy smoke.

Another ghost sign, right on the brick itself.

How the he|| did I miss this one?

I grabbed the camera closest to me – the one on my BlackBerry PRIV cell phone (have I mentioned how much I love this BlackBerry PRIV?), and snagged this shot.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-priv-camera.jpg
    Andy_bb_king, Corbu, 3MIKE and 2 others like this.
    04-10-16 09:14 AM
    Didn't he spoke about a $250-350 range ? Seems pretty legit IMHO for a BlackBerry device (remember: these are made to last if you refer tho history).
    Yeah, I like that price range a lot. The question is whether the device they release is one that roughly matches other Android devices selling for about $400, or for about $200. The price needs to be enticing regardless of the price range.

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub and techvisor like this.
    04-10-16 09:15 AM
    When was the last time BB or RIM paid out a dividend? While I can appreciate the reason to support, to gain my investment money some sort of payback is necessary periodically.

I support BB by buying their products, they need to reward investors.

This is dated but is still relevant.

Three U.S. Dividend Paying Stocks Priced Under $30
    Oh heck no. Not for me. I certainly hope BlackBerry can use my dollar better than I can.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 09:50 AM
    I realize it's 2016.

From the CB Archives . . .

Taking out the Troll Trash - 2014 Edition

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...dition-889377/

" . . . Here's the deal. While things are mainly good here on the busiest and best BlackBerry forum on the net, a lot of members, including myself, are starting to get really annoyed with some of the posts being made by a small minority of individuals. These are the members who consistently have nothing but bad things to say. They don't necessarily "break the forum rules", but they know them well and play them like a fiddle so they can persist in the forums. These people bring it down for everybody else." . . .

" . . . The thing I would hate to see more than anything else is a GREAT member get banned for something minor / small. The infraction system prevents this from happening. However, the drawback of the infraction system is that while it benefits great members who occasionally do a "bad" thing, it also benefits the consistently bad eggs... aka the FORUM TROLLS who don't do anything worthwhile or value added around here. They're not breaking the rules in a horrible way, but they're here bringing down the community for everybody else with every post they make instead of making it better." . . .

" . . . People have different opinions and don't have to agree on everything. That's expected. However, if a single member is going to bring this community down by their consistent negative contributions and never add anything of merit or substance to the forums, I'd rather them not be a member at all (even if they didn't "break" the rules). I'd rather have a smaller forum community vs. a bigger community that is infested with trolls." . . .
    04-10-16 09:51 AM
    Real life story instead . . .

Oh look, another ghost sign�

Oh look, another ghost sign? - Chuck Miller

I looked up.

Holy smoke.

Another ghost sign, right on the brick itself.

How the he|| did I miss this one?

I grabbed the camera closest to me � the one on my BlackBerry PRIV cell phone (have I mentioned how much I love this BlackBerry PRIV?), and snagged this shot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Priv Camera.JPG 
Views:	1127 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	396674
    Thanks Bungaboy, but I prefer fiction. Lol

bungaboy likes this.
    04-10-16 09:58 AM
    OT or NOT

I would love to get a Aston Martin for the price of a Ford Focus! Why does a Aston Martin cost so much, it's only four wheels and a steering wheel. I truly don't understand why! Focus gets me from point a to point b, might be a little bumpy, but its life.

I will repeat myself, lower Priv price and introduce Priv 2. This system has been around for decades! Creative thinking is needed for all BlackBerry products. Make them want a BlackBerry, need, and so on.

Cheers gang!

@ Bungaboy, love your current post!

Last edited by bbjdog; 04-10-16 at 10:45 AM.
    3MIKE and CDM76 like this.
    04-10-16 10:18 AM
    Thanks Bungaboy, but I prefer fiction. Lol

OT: In the "Non-Fiction" stories . . .

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160410_045619.png

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160410_045720_edit.png
    3MIKE likes this.
    04-10-16 10:25 AM
    OT: In the "Non-Fiction" stories . . .

Name:	IMG_20160410_045619.png 
Views:	1054 
Size:	227.8 KB 
ID:	396682

Name:	IMG_20160410_045720_edit.png 
Views:	1055 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	396683
    I was right! First from the bottom. Lol

bungaboy likes this.
    04-10-16 10:43 AM
    OT or NOT

I would love to get a Aston Martin for the price of a Ford Focus! Why does a Aston Martin cost so much, it's only four wheels and a steering wheel. I truly don't understand why! Focus gets me from point a to point b, might be a little bumpy, but its life.

I will repeat myself, lower Priv price and introduce Priv 2. This system has been around for decades! Creative thinking is needed for all BlackBerry products. Make them want a BlackBerry, need, and so on.

Cheers gang!

@ Bungaboy, love your current post!

100%. Priv 2, full blown price while Priv 1.0 is a bargain.
    That would be the easiest way to start

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 02:18 PM
113,256 ... 38893890389138923893 ...