View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hard to be all that excited today. I was hoping to hear something about hardware. I've never seen a Priv in the wild, so I wasn't expecting much, but then you don't even see them often in the shops. BlackBerry have got to show some kind of conviction. The argument that advertising and marketing isn't cost-effective has been proven wrong now. It was a bad idea not to back the Passport or even the Priv sufficiently. If BlackBerry 10 is killed off by neglect and sheer incompetence, we've got (maybe) a PKB Android something to 'look forward' to, and if that fails, we have to sit around looking forward to how 'safe and secure' BlackBerry can make our refrigerators and toasters. I'm not a happy camper today, and really think it's time for Chen to go and make room for a better thinker. BlackBerry is boring and in danger of drifting beyond hope. Let's have a proper CEO who actually knows his own product, believes in them, and can lead real innovation, brand repair, and sales.

Thanks for the help, Chen, but it's time to gooooooo.

Posted via CB10
    Intrestor and anon(4086547) like this.
    04-01-16 11:26 AM
    Chen is on Bloomberg
    morganplus8, rarsen and JLagoon like this.
    04-01-16 11:33 AM
    This E.R is depressing
    The Priv was a total failure.
    04-01-16 11:39 AM
    Thank you, Bacon Munchers.
    04-01-16 11:43 AM
    The Priv was a total failure.
    Agreed. Too bad. Now the last straw strategy is to build a mid level device and sell direct to enterprise. And if that does't work, exit hardware.

It's my fault, I never did buy that Priv, so their device business is failing. Now what phone should I buy? Maybe Priv's will go on sale on kijiji now and I can pick one up cheap. Else a Nexus 6P or S7 edge ?
    04-01-16 11:49 AM
    The Priv wasn't a failure. The people in charge failed the Priv. It's an Android phone with very good specs, but simply wasn't given enough marketing and advertising - the usual.

As usual, I feel for the talented and hardworking BlackBerry staff, the foot soldiers, who have been working their asses off for a good few years now only to see their hard work let down by poor strategy from above. Lions led by donkeys.

Loads of people in this forum are deep in the red, and I feel for them too. No R&D, no advertising. What's the point?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 11:51 AM
    Who's reading the charts today and has a hunch what's going on ...... do I see up on decent volume and down on low volume? Someone said shorts will start covering at $7.71 and that's about where it topped out so far today. Let's get this back above there and see where we can close. I'll take a $7.80 close but I'd like an $8 close. Move up slowly next week and probably stay in the $8 range for a bit. #hope
    I will say quickly here, the numbers are $ 7.60 /shr as our weekly starting point for the price of the stock, the $ 7.61/shr mark is the 200-dma and $ 7.46/shr is the 50-dma so we did well this morning to stay above both the 50-dma and the 200-dma. We have since given up the 200-dma which isn't a surprise and the 50-dma was just tested on the first sign of volume this afternoon. Volume itself dried up when day traders left the scene. And so for me a close of anything greater than $ 7.61/shr is a real win for the stock given the media take. GL

I haven't heard the webcast and I'm reading the good posts on this thread for my update. Will comment later.
    04-01-16 11:55 AM
    Unfortunately hombre, the BlackBerry blog is probably the only place where you will see a positive headline.

Egads.

I may stand alone, but this ER is exactly what I was expecting to see.
    Much can be said about trolling here too.
    Corbu, sidhuk, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    04-01-16 12:00 PM
    PSA for the serious contributors to this thread:

A friend of mine will have a Conference Call with BBRY next week. If you have any questions that you would like him to bring up, feel free to post them here and I will pass them along. Please have your questions ready by Monday 9 AM at the latest.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Corbu; 04-01-16 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Important: Added deadline
    04-01-16 12:07 PM
    PSA for the serious contributors to this thread:

A friend of mine will have a Conference Call with BBRY next week. If you have any questions that you would like him to bring up, feel free to post them here and I will pass them along.

Thank you.
    I'm curious as to be their presence at MATS was received. How do they feel they are positioned against the incumbents? How have the beta test trials been going? What's the margin? Is it integrates into any, or planned to, of the large dispatch softwares?

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, La Emperor, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    04-01-16 12:20 PM
    Hard to be all that excited today. I was hoping to hear something about hardware. I've never seen a Priv in the wild, so I wasn't expecting much, but then you don't even see them often in the shops. BlackBerry have got to show some kind of conviction. The argument that advertising and marketing isn't cost-effective has been proven wrong now. It was a bad idea not to back the Passport or even the Priv sufficiently. If BlackBerry 10 is killed off by neglect and sheer incompetence, we've got (maybe) a PKB Android something to 'look forward' to, and if that fails, we have to sit around looking forward to how 'safe and secure' BlackBerry can make our refrigerators and toasters. I'm not a happy camper today, and really think it's time for Chen to go and make room for a better thinker. BlackBerry is boring and in danger of drifting beyond hope. Let's have a proper CEO who actually knows his own product, believes in them, and can lead real innovation, brand repair, and sales.

Thanks for the help, Chen, but it's time to gooooooo.

Posted via CB10
    Position just opened up, are you interest in it? LMAO

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    bungaboy, Corbu, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    04-01-16 12:21 PM
    Position just opened up, are you interest in it? LMAO

I think he may be available . . .

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-thorsten-heins-leaves-bla-008.jpg
    04-01-16 12:27 PM
    sorry but hardware here as we know it is finished. The sooner the transition to software only the better imo
    04-01-16 12:33 PM
    BlackBerry has been such a deception since Chen took over.

All products and services have been managed in phasing out mode : BB10 OS and handsets, SAF, BES... � handful of products have been launched, still many have already disappeared : BBM Meetings comes to my mind.

It's almost as if BlackBerry in late 2013 was worth almost nothing : some cash, some IP, plus the revenues existing products could generate till end of life, minus all the operating costs during the same period. Chen kept on saying he was developing software, committed to hardware, turning to enterprise customers. He let us dream of a bright outlook for BB10 and BES. Actually he slashed costs (labor, R&D, and others), started an acquisition spree, and now he is selling us Android, Good Technology, Secusmart and Movirtu. And Android is just a short term joke intended to partially compensate BB10 and SAF.

Great!

So how come any customer can trust BlackBerry now? What's the catch ?

Really if there is only one question : how do they secure customer confidence ?

As a consumer and one-time shareholder I do not trust BlackBerry anymore. If I were a corporate client I wouldn't either. So I wonder.

Je suis Charlie
    04-01-16 12:41 PM
    Oh my. The sky has fallen . . .

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bringoutyerdead.gif
    04-01-16 12:45 PM
    sorry but hardware here as we know it is finished. The sooner the transition to software only the better imo
    I agree with you. One of the analysts asked today about the strategic value of hardware, and Chen really fumbled through that answer.

I think investors don't like ambiguous statements about a business that BB may or may not decide to stay in depending on if they can or cannot actually make any money in it ever again badly. Don't just read the transcript, listen to the audio. It was cringe worthy.

I bet there is much more than $8/share in value there if they just drop the hardware and say look we're using the remaining SAF revenue to fund a really interesting enterprise software business that is growing strongly now and looks to continue that strong growth. Keep it simple.
    04-01-16 12:50 PM
    I think he may be available . . .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thorsten-Heins-leaves-Bla-008.jpg 
Views:	932 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	395882
    Thanks for the smile on my face! Cheers mate.

bungaboy likes this.
    04-01-16 12:52 PM
    The Priv wasn't a failure. The people in charge failed the Priv. It's an Android phone with very good specs, but simply wasn't given enough marketing and advertising - the usual.

As usual, I feel for the talented and hardworking BlackBerry staff, the foot soldiers, who have been working their asses off for a good few years now only to see their hard work let down by poor strategy from above. Lions led by donkeys.

Loads of people in this forum are deep in the red, and I feel for them too. No R&D, no advertising. What's the point?

Posted via CB10
    How much did those folks returning their Priv 4 times to get one that didn't have a screen click impact their hardware this Q? Better just start building slabs again. Passport and Z30 -- solid devices. Build that Vienna/Rome with mid range specs and make it pretty and solid with a touch capacitive keyboard and release it in May with Android 6. Hardware is dead by end of year.....
    04-01-16 12:58 PM
    Where did those BROWN SHOES go?
    La Emperor and Mr BBRY like this.
    04-01-16 01:17 PM
    Blackberry interview on Bloomberg

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos...ardware-battle

Posted on my Priv
    04-01-16 01:25 PM
    Where did those BROWN SHOES go?
    Found them!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160401_142539.jpg

04-01-16 01:27 PM
    BNN - Watch TV Online | BlackBerry still very much in hardware business: Pollitt

Despite hardware revenues weighing on BlackBerry's Q4 results, Doug Pollitt, an analyst at Pollitt & Co. says it's still an important part of the business.
    04-01-16 01:27 PM
    I hate these headlines that appear to ask a question but really state an opinion/prejudice:

"Is BlackBerry losing the hardware battle" (Said)

=

"BlackBerry is losing the hardware battle" (Meant)

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    04-01-16 01:34 PM
    Amber and JC:
    BNN - Watch TV Online | BlackBerry CEO Chen unhappy with Priv phone performance

BNN's Amber Kanwar speaks with BlackBerry CEO John Chen about the company's latest results.
    04-01-16 01:37 PM
    I hate these headlines that appear to ask a question but really state an opinion/prejudice:

"Is BlackBerry losing the hardware battle" (Said)

=

"BlackBerry is losing the hardware battle" (Meant)

Posted via CB10

I have read that if they ask a question in the headline . . . the answer is NO!
    morganplus8, cjcampbell and rarsen like this.
    04-01-16 01:38 PM
113,256 ... 38693870387138723873 ...