View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    BlackBerry Results Mixed as Revenue Falls - NASDAQ.com

Fourth-quarter results showed signs the company's strategy is working. BlackBerry said it generated $153 million in software and services revenue in its latest quarter, bringing revenue from those sources to $527 million for the fiscal year ended Feb. 29. That surpassed the company's $500 million target.
    Still, Mr. Chen remains committed to the sale of devices, betting a profitable handset business gives the Canadian technology company's software strategy more time to succeed.
    BlackBerry didn't provide specific details about hardware sales for the latest period on Friday. But overall revenue fell almost 30% to $464 million, well below the $563 million analysts were expecting. It also fell below BlackBerry's own guidance for revenue to be at or slightly above the third-quarter level of $548 million, suggesting the handset business remains under pressure.

Mr BBRY, bungaboy, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    04-01-16 08:17 AM
    My SF indicator just triggered
    Beware, this was a FTR
    04-01-16 08:18 AM
    If they jettison hardware they are forecasting a 1.2B+ software and services business for FY17, plus 1.37B cash net debt.

What would that value the company at?
    04-01-16 08:20 AM
    If there's that small of amount in sw and services, then where is the rest of the revenue if hw has very little revenue?
    04-01-16 08:25 AM
    If they jettison hardware they are forecasting a 1.2B+ software and services business for FY17, plus 1.37B cash net debt.

What would that value the company at?
    Depends how much further their balance sheet will shrink. Each quarter we have to endure these restructuring costs, but their biggest liability remains the HW business. How will their balance sheet look like once they accept their defeat in HW? ......

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 08:28 AM
    If whatsapp worth in the billions so no matter what valuations you give or the balance sheet show.

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    04-01-16 08:31 AM
    If there's that small of amount in sw and services, then where is the rest of the revenue if hw has very little revenue?
    Software/Services was $153M. Hardware was about $190M. The remainder was their SAF.
    04-01-16 08:33 AM
    If whatsapp worth in the billions so no matter what valuations you give or the balance sheet show.

It does matter if you're not showing material improvements.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 08:35 AM
    So....yeah

Anyway, last quarter ER the trades were similar to this quarter, I think theere was immediate downpressure, but then a Siler lining appeared and the stock shot up

...anyone see any chance of this today? Any silver lining yet?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 08:37 AM
    Any news on BBM numbers? It was interesting to see them make the Privacy and Control features free again. Very good move from Chen. Great leaders know when to change their minds for the greater good.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 08:51 AM
    04-01-16 08:58 AM
    04-01-16 08:59 AM
    So....yeah

Anyway, last quarter ER the trades were similar to this quarter, I think theere was immediate downpressure, but then a Siler lining appeared and the stock shot up

...anyone see any chance of this today? Any silver lining yet?

Posted via CB10
    Silver lining is that BlackBerry is in pretty good shape.

Hardware does look bad, and will continue to affect the bottom line. And BIS still is eroding away. But fundamentally BlackBerry has a solid Software and Services company.... it's just looking to be a small Software and Services company.

So now it's about valuation of the stock in relation to where Chen is projecting they'll be in a year.
    04-01-16 08:59 AM
    Amber:
    BNN - Watch TV Online | CEO Chen calls BlackBerry quarter ?reasonably good? despite plunge in handset sales

BlackBerry CEO John Chen describes the smartphone maker’s fourth-quarter as “reasonably good” even as handset sales sank and revenue missed forecasts. Amber Kanwar has the details from the company’s headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario.
    04-01-16 09:33 AM
    So Faucet said his target is 4-5x 600M software business and $7 target. So now that Chen has guided to a 700M software business, I guess his target will have to go up proportionally (17%) to $8.20 ?

Why do I doubt he will print that today / Monday.
    3MIKE, rarsen, morganplus8 and 7 others like this.
    04-01-16 09:56 AM
    Already 2x normal daily volume. I like that someone feels the stock has value down here
    04-01-16 10:11 AM
    04-01-16 10:14 AM
    BlackBerry Posts Mixed Results as Revenue Falls - WSJ

BlackBerry Ltd. posted a smaller loss than expected in its latest quarter and surpassed a key goal for annual software and services revenue, but overall sales slumped amid an uncertain outlook for its smartphone business.

The Waterloo, Ontario, company, which holds just a fraction of the global smartphone market, has pegged much of its turnaround efforts under Chief Executive John Chen on the sales of higher-margin mobile-device management software and services.

Fourth-quarter results showed signs the company’s strategy is working. BlackBerry said it generated $153 million in software and services revenue in its latest quarter, bringing revenue from those sources to $527 million for the fiscal year ended Feb. 29. That surpassed the company’s $500 million target.

BlackBerry also said it expects its software and services business to grow by about 30% next year.

Still, Mr. Chen remains committed to the sale of devices, betting a profitable handset business gives the Canadian technology company’s software strategy more time to succeed.

In November, BlackBerry launched its first ever device, the Priv, powered by Alphabet Inc.’s Android operating system. It promised a smartphone that combines BlackBerry’s security expertise with the social media and entertainment apps available on Android devices that users covet.

BlackBerry didn’t provide specific details about hardware sales for the latest period on Friday. But overall revenue fell almost 30% to $464 million, well below the $563 million analysts were expecting. It also fell below BlackBerry’s own guidance for revenue to be at or slightly above the third-quarter level of $548 million, suggesting the handset business remains under pressure.

The Canadian smartphone maker said it had a net loss of $238 million, or 45 cents a share, in the final quarter of fiscal 2016, compared with a year-earlier profit of $28 million, or 5 cents a share.

Adjusted to exclude items, such as charges related to restructuring and acquisition costs, BlackBerry said it lost 3 cents a share. Analysts had expected a loss of 10 cents, according to a Thomson Reuters poll.

Mr. Chen indicated the company’s strategy is working.

“Overall, BlackBerry’s [fourth-quarter] performance was solid as we made progress on the key elements of our strategy, which are to grow software faster than the mobility software market, achieve device profitability and generate positive free cash flow,” he said in a statement.
    04-01-16 10:24 AM
    04-01-16 10:27 AM
    BNN - Watch TV Online | Blackberry, a turnaround story

Colin Gillis, Senior Technology Analyst, BGC Partners joins BNN to discuss Blackberry's latest quarter. He tells us why Blackberry is a turnaround story and why BGC has a buy rating on the company.
    04-01-16 10:40 AM
    This E.R is depressing
    sixaxis_ms likes this.
    04-01-16 10:47 AM
    This E.R is depressing
    But not surprising
    04-01-16 10:52 AM
    How can they sell End to End encryption when they don't have hardware in place?
    I questions their (analyst) understanding of Technology or what is security....

Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-01-16 10:56 AM
    04-01-16 10:59 AM
    Who's reading the charts today and has a hunch what's going on ...... do I see up on decent volume and down on low volume? Someone said shorts will start covering at $7.71 and that's about where it topped out so far today. Let's get this back above there and see where we can close. I'll take a $7.80 close but I'd like an $8 close. Move up slowly next week and probably stay in the $8 range for a bit. #hope
    04-01-16 11:01 AM
113,256 ... 38683869387038713872 ...