View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    If we go to 9.00 I will take my girlfriend out to dinner! And I will bring flowers to my mother.
    03-31-16 04:49 PM
    I remember John Chen said a while ago that investors will be satisfied in one year. When was that?
    CDM76 and 3MIKE like this.
    03-31-16 05:12 PM
    I remember John Chen said a while ago that investors will be satisfied in one year. When was that?
    Last December
    bungaboy, Corbu and 3MIKE like this.
    03-31-16 07:20 PM
    BlackBerry isn't competing with the AOBRD (ELD) market. Those units don't monitor trailers, just trucks. I'm fairly sure BlackBerry has done their research with regards to this since the FMCSA has mandated that all trucks on the road must be equipped with them in the near future. Trailer tracking, although others do it, is a different segment of the market as trailers aren't tied into the other systems, they can't provide assistance with drop trailer systems nor stolen trailers, which is a serious problem in the industry. I'm not saying it's an under served segment, but the options available are expensive, are intermittent with their pings, and easily removed by any thief worth his salt. And just to add, the solution BlackBerry seems to be offering is more feature rich, from my cursory glance.

Posted via CB10
    I was also under the impression this device will also monitor Temps, humidity too (unless I'm mistaken). These are key measurements to ensure that the contents have been held at proper Temps and humidty the entire journey
    Frozen goods need to be kept frozen, not frozen then thawed and frozen again...but without a sensor with continuous data, this would be hard to prove

Good luck to all in less than 12 hours

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, CDM76, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    03-31-16 07:33 PM
    Well at least I got the name right. Although normally I would be flogged with a wet noodle otherwise. Lol

Posted via CB10
    If it's Corbu's friend above on the beach doing the flogging, I'll stand in for you just this one time!

Seems like there are a few good signs out there, lets hope JC brings it all home for us tomorrow and end the week with a happy cold one, one and all!
    Corbu, morganplus8, 3MIKE and 4 others like this.
    03-31-16 09:03 PM
    If it's Corbu's friend above on the beach doing the flogging, I'll stand in for you just this one time!
    03-31-16 09:11 PM
    July /August I think

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 09:33 PM
    July /August I think

Posted via CB10
    Only Corbu can confirm it

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    03-31-16 09:51 PM
    Excited for tomorrow's news!
    I'm hopeful for good numbers all around. We know software is solid, Priv numbers seem moderate to mildly successful and we always have the IP wildcards. I'm still a big believer in Chen being a financial engineer, so if all three are strong, we are back; he won't let one part of the company get too big if it allows for future disappointment.

Who knows on news? Could be partnerships, new products (hopefully a phone!), more stock buybacks, an acquisition. There is just so much going on at BlackBerry, that it's nearly guaranteed to be exciting.

No matter what, it's been a great last three months here and the experience is worth more than the money I have invested. Thanks to the regulars for all your contributions, and good luck to all tomorrow!
    3MIKE, kadakn01, Corbu and 8 others like this.
    03-31-16 09:56 PM
    Only Corbu can confirm it

Sorry guys... I actually don't remember that one!!!

Maybe if I have another ... Let me try!
    bungaboy, 3MIKE, masterful and 2 others like this.
    03-31-16 10:10 PM
    03-31-16 10:19 PM
    Not a whole lot, judging from past wins and their effect on Blackberry device sales. These matchups are a big joke.
    But at least in this case, I see the two best phones here as the Priv and the Lumia. You could say the same for the Lumia device and their lack luster sale, but that doesn't discount it as being a gorgeous piece.
    I'll take one of each please.

Hey fellas,
    Here we are again, at that time...
    Nothing to add, but I think this ER will glean a bit of both hope and respect. I really don't see it as being a flop like some (late comers) here are motioning.

Talk again on the other side of this.
    Oh, and FWIW: (gulp!)

Attachment 395832
    CDM76, bungaboy, 3MIKE and 3 others like this.
    04-01-16 01:04 AM
    BlackBerry Reports Software and Services Growth of 106 Percent for Q4 and 113 Percent for Fiscal 2016

Company Reports Positive Free Cash Flow for Eighth Consecutive Quarter and Positive EBITDA for Ninth Consecutive Quarter

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - April 1, 2016) - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB), a global leader in mobile communications, today reported financial results for the three months and fiscal year ended February 29, 2016 (all figures in U.S. dollars and U.S. GAAP, except where otherwise indicated).

Q4 Highlights
    �Non-GAAP total revenue of $487 million
    �Non-GAAP software and services revenue of $153 million, up 106% percent for the same quarter year over year, allowing software and services revenue to grow to $527 million in FY 2016
    �Adjusted EBITDA of $78 million
    �Cash and investments balance of $2.62 billion at the end of the fiscal quarter
    �Non-GAAP loss of $(0.03) per share
    �Unveiled a new QNX software platform to enable automotive companies to build a full range of secured automated driving systems and in-car acoustics
    �Showcased at CES, the Internet of Things (IoT) over-the-air software platform as well as BlackBerry Radar, the IoT asset tracking device and software interface
    �Launched five secure enterprise mobility management suites, combined complementary BlackBerry and Good capabilities, to provide a holistic management, messaging, collaboration, application enablement and content management platform
    �Launched a cybersecurity consulting service to help customers assess and mitigate risks; recently acquired Encription Limited to accelerate these efforts, especially for the connected car and IoT industries
    04-01-16 06:04 AM
    Absolutely no mention of phones. Sad day for BlackBerry fans.
    04-01-16 06:08 AM
    OK THAT'S IT!!!!! I've had enough. I'm leaving and selling EVERYTHING this morning . I can't take it anymore.

You have to be a fool to believe everything you read!!

Happy April 1st 😈😎🐡🐒

And GL to all today!! 🐡
    04-01-16 06:08 AM
    The full report here : BlackBerry Reports Software and Services Growth of 106 Percent for Q4 and 113 Percent for Fiscal 2016
    I like this part
    32% for software and services, 29% for service access fees (SAF), and 39% for hardware and other revenue
    Need explanations about this (bolded); do we read "buy-back program" ?
    Basic GAAP net loss reflects a purchase accounting impact of $23 million on GAAP revenue, a non-cash credit associated with the change in the fair value of the debentures of $40 million (the "Q4 Fiscal 2016 Debentures Fair Value Adjustment"), pre-tax charges of $192 million related to restructuring and acquisition costs, stock compensation of $17 million, and amortization of acquired intangibles of $28 million.
    oops, not, sry
    and $36 million used to repurchase 5 million shares
    Finally ... (sry guys, editing while reading lol)
    We more than doubled our software and licensing revenue in Q4 and exceeded our target of $500 million for the full year.
    Fasten seat belts or shall we see the party downers back in force ?

Bottom line:
    Questions ...
    - What's the HW+others revenue split for BB10/Android/IoT-QNX (mark : $100mil.+ / year for automotive alone ...)
    - What's the current deployment sate for Priv (countries (what abt the 30+ Feb. target/ Why) + carriers)
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 04-01-16 at 06:53 AM.
    bungaboy, W Hoa, tinochiko and 5 others like this.
    04-01-16 06:15 AM
    What a dissapointment.. :|

Posted via CB10
    Intrestor likes this.
    04-01-16 06:35 AM
    Not a great ER. Software is going well, but hardware is continuing to decline. Everyone is going to jump on the fact that revenue continues to decrease

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Andrew4life; 04-01-16 at 06:58 AM.
    Intrestor likes this.
    04-01-16 06:40 AM
    160M in phones? That's it? For a full quarter Priv launch? They must be out of phone business. Wtf is that? Not exciting verbage. Good software, in line SAF, phones bomb. Shocked.

Posted via CB10
    Intrestor likes this.
    04-01-16 06:43 AM
    Welcome to the Getting out of Hardware edition of the CrackBerry Forums.
    04-01-16 06:49 AM
    160M in phones? That's it? For a full quarter Priv launch? They must be out of phone business. Wtf is that? Not exciting verbage. Good software, in line SAF, phones bomb. Shocked.
    It's actually closer to $190M, isn't it? Still not great.

I like the software gains. I'd like to know how much of that is organic, of course. If you believe software and services are the future, then I think you have to be pretty content with these results. It's in the right direction at least.

Hardware purchase commitments are down, which is good news IMO.
    04-01-16 06:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    How do you calculate this number ?
    04-01-16 06:54 AM
    But they still have 168M in purchase commitments. Maybe they won't officially announce getting out of phones until they can dwindle this down another quarter....I though they said Priv was selling in magnitudes of previous BlackBerry launch. Passport sold 250K it's first quarter. Priv should have sold minimum 400K and bb10 200K. Head scratcher.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 06:54 AM
    I want to hear they sold their hardware / keyboard IP to Google in early Q1. Sheesh.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 06:56 AM
    And experience suite will launch soon.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 06:57 AM
113,250 ... 38663867386838693870 ...