1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Today would be attending for an empty space
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    BTW here's the link for joining : Investor Events - United States
    Mr BBRY, 3MIKE, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    03-31-16 09:13 AM
    I got about 5000 euro in at $ 8.07 I didn't really count :-0
    It was money I had put aside to go on holiday.
    It was probably a mistake or not??
    03-31-16 09:16 AM
    03-31-16 09:18 AM
    03-31-16 09:31 AM
    Attachment 395728

BBRY (-60%) vs NASDAQ (+80%) since this discussion began. A lot of BBRY longs have long ago thrown in the towel. One could have just bought the index and gone on stock trading vacation for the past 4 1/2 years and been way better off.
    The thing is that to make an 80% gain in an index you have to leave it in for 4 years. Wich is great by the way. You don't even have to look at it and do what ever else you want to do. But with trading BlackBerry or any other stock, you don't do that.
    If you can pick a stock today and know that you are going to match or beat an index in the next 4 years, than you are what we call clairvoyant.
    03-31-16 09:48 AM
    FWIW
    Not a whole lot, judging from past wins and their effect on Blackberry device sales. These matchups are a big joke.
    03-31-16 09:50 AM
    03-31-16 10:07 AM
    03-31-16 10:32 AM
    03-31-16 10:34 AM
    still $ 8.07
    03-31-16 10:42 AM
    Attachment 395728

BBRY (-60%) vs NASDAQ (+80%) since this discussion began. A lot of BBRY longs have long ago thrown in the towel. One could have just bought the index and gone on stock trading vacation for the past 4 1/2 years and been way better off.
    Oh boy, now we are comparing BBRY to healthcare, biotech, banks, steel, gold, financials, transportation, medical devices, solar energy, the list goes on forever! This is a joke right? You aren't serious about thinking that BBRY should be compared to biotech/pharma right?

Since the The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-censored.gif are arriving daily, let's compare AAPL to the "Nasdaq":

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ibb-appl-2016-4-yr-chart.png

Seems that if you invested in AAPL at the start of our BB thread, you would be way behind the "Nasdaq" Index too. At no time could AAPL compare or even breakeven with many parts of the Nasdaq that have absolutely nothing to do with their business sector.

Can you tell the class what this has to do with the tea in China let alone BBRY?
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-31-16 at 12:07 PM. Reason: please let's avoid troubles, thanks !
    03-31-16 11:00 AM
    Hey M8 I know you busy but would you be able to shed some input on ECA and oil trade? I covered half my short at a very minimal loss when it dipped to 7.2 cad but FED dovish tone and lower usd seems to be holding everything up, TA just seems it's in a limbo range of 7-8cad

Thanks again! And hope all is well

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 11:20 AM
    Oh boy, now we are comparing BBRY to healthcare, biotech, banks, steel, gold, financials, transportation, medical devices, solar energy, the list goes on forever! This is a joke right? You aren't serious about thinking that BBRY should be compared to biotech/pharma right?

Since the ***** are arriving daily, let's compare AAPL to the "Nasdaq":

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IBB APPL 2016 4 yr chart.png 
Views:	408 
Size:	17.0 KB 
ID:	395764

Seems that if you invested in AAPL at the start of our BB thread, you would be way behind the "Nasdaq" Index too. At no time could AAPL compare or even breakeven with many parts of the Nasdaq that have absolutely nothing to do with their business sector.

Can you tell the class what this has to do with the tea in China let alone BBRY?

OT: but you brought up the Apple comparison for some reason.

BBRY - Nov 11, 2011 $18.49
    BBRY - March 31, 2016 $8.00

AAPL - Nov 11, 2011 $54.95
    AAPL - March 31, 2016 $109.00

The only way BBRY has done better, is if you have been trading the stock on the highs and lows.... which doesn't seem to fit with the whole "we're supporting BlackBerry" idea of this thread.

Back then, it was easier to see that if something went just right for BlackBerry, they could easily return to $40 - $70 a share. So I do kinda see in the beginning the allure of investing in BlackBerry and calling it support. That was a much different time for the brand.

Today they still have a long road to travel just to get back to the $18 as share.

Even the news today of BlackBerry Radar.... that's another market that is already VERY mature. Devices in our trucks connect to the engine's onboard computer system - we know where they are, where they have been, where the stopped, where the were going too slow, where they were going too fast, how much fuel they burned..... We get maintenance notifications based on factory recalls, based on engine sensors and based on manufacturer's suggested maintenance - as their system includes databases that includes all this info. These systems are much more than just the monitoring devices. And now that they have gone cellular in place of satellite... the cost are pretty low now. From thousand of dollars in equipment, to now the equipment is FREE as part of the service which isn't much more than the service for a smartphone. Have no idea of what BlackBerry is really offering or how it compares to other devices in the market or the difference in security. Just know they are several years late to the game and will have to play catchup to make any headway against deeply imbedded products.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-31-16 at 12:08 PM. Reason: (edited quote)
    Intrestor likes this.
    03-31-16 11:50 AM

Anyway, I predict the stock will drop a little bit lower, to 6.42, there it will bounce to about 7,18, where it will stay for a few days, to depart to 8,13, only to drop down again to about 7.49.

After 7.49 it can either go to 8.99, or, 6.83. Though let's be real; it can go both ways.
    wow my predictions were 100% on point
    03-31-16 11:52 AM
    I'd like to lose to the S7 / Edge. That would make it look fairly realistic given the S7 Edge / S7 family will outsell the Priv at least 10:1.
    03-31-16 11:53 AM
    If you can pick a stock today and know that you are going to match or beat an index in the next 4 years, than you are what we call clairvoyant.
    Or you could be what we call an "index investor"
    3MIKE likes this.
    03-31-16 11:54 AM
    Celebrate your foresight when we hit $8.99 tomorrow....
    3MIKE likes this.
    03-31-16 11:54 AM
    I'll call an $8.24 close. Buyers will show up this afternoon.....
    03-31-16 11:57 AM
    Hey, is ER tomorrow? Or is this the Elmer FUD Family reunion?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-fud-gunfade.gif
    Corbu, La Emperor, sidhuk and 9 others like this.
    03-31-16 12:06 PM
    03-31-16 12:07 PM

Even the news today of BlackBerry Radar.... that's another market that is already VERY mature. Devices in our trucks connect to the engine's onboard computer system - we know where they are, where they have been, where the stopped, where the were going too slow, where they were going too fast, how much fuel they burned..... We get maintenance notifications based on factory recalls, based on engine sensors and based on manufacturer's suggested maintenance - as their system includes databases that includes all this info. These systems are much more than just the monitoring devices. And now that they have gone cellular in place of satellite... the cost are pretty low now. From thousand of dollars in equipment, to now the equipment is FREE as part of the service which isn't much more than the service for a smartphone. Have no idea of what BlackBerry is really offering or how it compares to other devices in the market or the difference in security. Just know they are several years late to the game and will have to play catchup to make any headway against deeply imbedded products.
    BlackBerry isn't competing with the AOBRD (ELD) market. Those units don't monitor trailers, just trucks. I'm fairly sure BlackBerry has done their research with regards to this since the FMCSA has mandated that all trucks on the road must be equipped with them in the near future. Trailer tracking, although others do it, is a different segment of the market as trailers aren't tied into the other systems, they can't provide assistance with drop trailer systems nor stolen trailers, which is a serious problem in the industry. I'm not saying it's an under served segment, but the options available are expensive, are intermittent with their pings, and easily removed by any thief worth his salt. And just to add, the solution BlackBerry seems to be offering is more feature rich, from my cursory glance.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 12:14 PM
    [info]Ok guys, the mod team will be under high pressure tomorrow as per usual with E.Rs
    and we won't probably have time for subtle analysis.
    In that perspective, please try to keep this place as tidy and warm than usually
    and try to be the strongest against any kind of provocation.

Should you feel the pressure, there's a report button for that (but don't abuse, either !)

This, of course is intended to the whole range of contributors and readers without preference.

Don't feel the heat, be bold and don't meet the hammer (nor make this thread closed) !

[/info]
    03-31-16 12:18 PM
    Somewhere in the world it's already April Fool's Day!
    03-31-16 12:28 PM
    Hello out there Blackberry fans! Wow, talk about catching up!! Good to see several of the old crew still around too. I hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to the great advances and opportunities Blackberry is carving a path to. More great things ahead of us for sure.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 12:28 PM
    Wells Fargo: BlackBerry shipped 850,000 Priv smartphones during quarter, but distribution may lag - FierceWireless

The analysts at Wells Fargo Securities expect BlackBerry to report shipping roughly 850,000 Priv smartphones during the company's most recent quarter, a figure the financial analyst firm said would help push the vendor's overall corporate quarterly revenues to around $571 million -- slightly above Wall Street expectations of $565 million.

However, the Wells Fargo analysts said in a report this morning that the Priv appears to only be available in 20 countries across the world so far, a situation that would put BlackBerry behind the goal set by CEO John Chen in December. During the company's quarterly earnings call at the end of last year, Chen said BlackBerry would be selling its Priv Android phone in fully 31 countries by February of this year.

When questioned on the topic by FierceWireless, officials at BlackBerry said the issue would be addressed by the company tomorrow during its scheduled fiscal fourth-quarter results earnings call.

The Priv smartphone represents a new strategic direction for Canada's BlackBerry, which prior to the phone had based its smartphone strategy around selling phones running its own BlackBerry 10 operating system. The Priv runs Google's Android operating system, though BlackBerry has positioned the device as more secure than other Android phones from the likes of Samsung and HTC.

BlackBerry's switch from its own operating system to Google's Android comes as little surprise; comScore reported that Android commanded fully 52.8 percent of the U.S. smartphone market in January, while the BlackBerry operating system hovered at just 0.8 percent.

Moreover, sales of the Priv likely will dictate BlackBerry's eventual strategic direction, including whether it will remain in the cutthroat market for smartphone hardware or if it will vacate the sector altogether. "We believe guidance next qtr will be dictated by sell-through of Priv and expect that visibility to whether a strategic decision needs to be made on the hardware (HW) business could come in the next qtr or two," Wells Fargo analysts said in their report this morning. BlackBerry's software and services business "should see growth for the full year driven by acquisitions and easy comps while Service revs should continue to decline at a mid to high teens percentage pace. We expect to get more detailed disclosure around BBRY's businesses but think the direction of the HW biz will be the most important."

Wells Fargo said it expects BlackBerry to report software revenues for the full-year 2015 of more than $500 million, exceeding the company's goals. The analyst firm also said it expects BlackBerry to report gross margins of 47.6 percent in its most recent quarter, up from corporate guidance of 40 percent.
    03-31-16 12:51 PM
113,256 ... 38643865386638673868 ...