03-18-16 09:16 AM
    I have to reshare this!

The subject of the hour

Funny apple commercial

Nice one... thanks for sharing

Passport running on 10.3.2. 2876
    3MIKE and bungaboy like this.
    03-18-16 10:14 AM
    General OT from the Related Technologies and Security file, anyone aware of Insurance implications and even Legal responsibilities including problems collecting proof ?

?FBI to drivers: Watch out for these malware attacks on your car | ZDNet
    http://www.zdnet.com/article/android...tag=TRE17cfd61
    Last edited by rarsen; 03-18-16 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Android Trojan
    03-18-16 10:44 AM
    Hey guys,
    using some of our huge (lol) readers base, for once and the good !

If you have a tweeter account, please RT (and ask for cascading RTs !)

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    Corbu, rarsen, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    03-18-16 11:34 AM
    I have to reshare this!

The subject of the hour

Funny apple commercial

Good laugh 3MIKE, thanks!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    morganplus8, rarsen and 3MIKE like this.
    03-18-16 12:33 PM
    Hey guys,
    using some of our huge (lol) readers base, for once and the good !

If you have a tweeter account, please RT (and ask for cascading RTs !)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	1381 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	394598
    What is Facebook and Whatsapp????????? I don't use them! They want my information, they can pay me for it!

03-18-16 12:34 PM
    Friday OT:

I sure hope my bro's took a chance on Mannkind, arguably the best treatment for type 1 and 2 diabetes on the market. This one is making me smile

We also have THLD and OREX as another beaten down stocks
    Corbu, Mr BBRY, 3MIKE and 1 others like this.
    03-18-16 01:07 PM
    03-18-16 01:44 PM
    What is Facebook and Whatsapp????????? I don't use them! They want my information, they can pay me for it!

The problem with whatsapp is your friends who have you in their contacts have already given it to them....

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 01:55 PM
    The problem with whatsapp is your friends who have you in their contacts have already given it to them....

Posted via CB10
    Not a problem for me, because if anyone wants to contact me it will be through BBM or nothing. I do not have freinds on Whatsapp and will never communicate through Whatsapp. So the same question remains, what is whatsapp or Facebook????

3MIKE likes this.
    03-18-16 02:42 PM
    Not a problem for me, because if anyone wants to contact me it will be through BBM or nothing. I do not have freinds on Whatsapp and will never communicate through Whatsapp. So the same question remains, what is whatsapp or Facebook????

If you don't have friends on whatsapp you're ok...but you have to be the point 001%

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE likes this.
    03-18-16 03:02 PM
    If you don't have friends on whatsapp you're ok...but you have to be the point 001%

Posted via CB10
    So your stating that Whatsapp has 99% of smart phones usage! Good laugh! But anyways I'm the proud 001% that is not a sheep, cheers mate!

huwit, rarsen and 3MIKE like this.
    03-18-16 03:11 PM
    No. I'm stating that mathematically most people are probably in someone's phonebook who uses whatsapp (say you have 100 contacts and just uses whatsapp then they have that persons contact list and numbers and hence your number).

I'm guessing 1 in 100,000 people are only on contact lists where none of their friends use whatsapp.

Maybe this assumption is only valid outside of Asia markets (Korea, japan) where other apps reign king.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 03:18 PM
    No. I'm stating that mathematically most people are probably in someone's phonebook who uses whatsapp (say you have 100 contacts and just uses whatsapp then they have that persons contact list and numbers and hence your number).

I'm guessing 1 in 100,000 people are only on contact lists where none of their friends use whatsapp.

Maybe this assumption is only valid outside of Asia markets (Korea, japan) where other apps reign king.

Posted via CB10
    To continue your list Africa, Indonesia and many more. Argumentative at best, but let's agree to disagree and get back on topic. Cheers!

03-18-16 03:36 PM
    Back on topic sounds good.
    Please proceed that way

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 04:59 PM
    Friendly reminder

http://press.blackberry.com/en/finan...6-results.html

03-18-16 05:22 PM
    I have to reshare this!

The subject of the hour

Funny apple commercial

John Oliver does a good job getting to the bottom of news items with a sense of humor

They also showed a BlackBerry Passport on the segment, and said it was popular but unfortunately made light of the fact that it isn't 1998 anymore

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by farmwersteve; 03-18-16 at 07:18 PM.
    Clemens28 likes this.
    03-18-16 07:05 PM
    Short interest ratio improving. Place your bets.
    Do we fall, meet, or beat come April 1?
    I say beat.

Attachment 394642
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-19-16 at 04:59 AM. Reason: *cough* *cough*
    3MIKE, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    03-19-16 01:06 AM
    Short interest ratio improving. Place your bets.
    Do we fall, meet, or beat come April 1?
    I say beat.

Attachment 394642
    Big surprise beat due to hardware growth / Priv sales. Non IP software up marginally but overall software down without new IP agreements.

$10 close.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-19-16 at 04:59 AM.
    03-19-16 03:38 AM
    Meet come April 1st with the usual drop, then a run back up thanks to good guidance.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Corbu like this.
    03-19-16 09:05 AM
    I have to add, perhaps I'm a bit more negative regarding BB10 development than most of you are (2 of my banking apps stopped working after an update so it feels like I've gone backwards)...
    Posted via CB10
    Hey _dimi !!

I can see why you are ticked off at losing a couple of bank apps but the real topic here is BlackBerry and their Q4 show on April first!

I always enjoy reading your thoughts and predictions on earnings so will you take a moment to tell us what we can expect?

I know we have PRIV sales in 31 more Countries this time around, we have Chen telling us to look for sequential growth for the last two quarters of Fiscal 2016, and, we have some nice product combinations coming from Good Tech and BlackBerry too. The Q looks like it is a sleeper, it could be huge but we just don't know how well the PRIV ramped up in the quarter. It won't take much for us to show a healthy profit this quarter, guidance will be VERY important, and of course, everyone's favourite, will there be more phones and what will their specs be? The best news for me is the fact that year over year comparisons will become so much better in Fiscal 2017. We have been plagued by those comparisons but the Fiscal 2016 numbers flattened out and are easy to beat.

I guess I'm looking for $ 600 MM plus, a 1 MM in handset unit sales number and a very nice profit followed by a conservative guidance for 2017.

Now it is your turn ........................ others, please join in.
    03-19-16 12:46 PM
    Fun fact:

It goes with little doubt that I'm excited about Q4 and here is my first chart in a long time on BBRY:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-march-19-2016.png

What makes this chart so interesting is the end of 2015 highs seem to slant in the same direction as the early 2015 high for the year. There is also a base line for support that currently crosses $ 6.50/shr as our base. But the most interesting aspect of this chart is the curved nature of the fall from mid-Summer until today. We dropped off in an accelerated manor followed by a run in the same vein. Spiller is right, we could easily pop into the $ 10.00 area and maybe touch $ 11.00 on good news. It isn't very often that you see a chart pattern that follows a curve and it is bullish when it happens. I would watch the price of the stock to see if it can maintain this rally by closing above recent closing highs of $ 8.20 plus. A close in the high $ 8.00's going into earnings would look great right about now. Is it a coincidence that we are following this curve?

I might do something I haven't done in many years and that is to take a Call Option fling on some short term options for the heck of it. I'm not suggesting that anyone else should do this but it looks like something I can see paying off big for those who dare.
    03-19-16 02:02 PM
    Wow.
    Watch the video folks. Water proof passport or what?
    http://utbblogs.com/blackberry-passp...7-under-water/

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    03-19-16 02:37 PM
    Fun fact:

It goes with little doubt that I'm excited about Q4 and here is my first chart in a long time on BBRY:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBRY March 19 2016.png 
Views:	811 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	394684

What makes this chart so interesting is the end of 2015 highs seem to slant in the same direction as the early 2015 high for the year. There is also a base line for support that currently crosses $ 6.50/shr as our base. But the most interesting aspect of this chart is the curved nature of the fall from mid-Summer until today. We dropped off in an accelerated manor followed by a run in the same vein. Spiller is right, we could easily pop into the $ 10.00 area and maybe touch $ 11.00 on good news. It isn't very often that you see a chart pattern that follows a curve and it is bullish when it happens. I would watch the price of the stock to see if it can maintain this rally by closing above recent closing highs of $ 8.20 plus. A close in the high $ 8.00's going into earnings would look great right about now. Is it a coincidence that we are following this curve?

I might do something I haven't done in many years and that is to take a Call Option fling on some short term options for the heck of it. I'm not suggesting that anyone else should do this but it looks like something I can see paying off big for those who dare.
    M8! Love your insights. But I'm gonna call you out. . Didn't you buy options about 3 weeks before last ER and sell out when the SP was over 9? So maybe just twice in a few years if you go again?

I'm loaded with Jan 17 options at various strikes and picked up more of these recently with the SP around $7. I did have some march 18 $8 options that I was lucky to get out of a week or so ago at .42 ....taking a bit of a loss because I didn't sell them after the ER when they were 3x...and they were worth as low as .03 at one point in the $6 dip. That said I did get in to some April 8 $7 options with the SP around 7 so unless the Priv only sold 10 units it should make up for it.

Come on Chen...show us that $15 value by EOY....starting with a nice Rev gain and +EPS April 1...and of course...hardware profitable!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 02:55 PM
113,256 ... 38553856385738583859 ...