View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OT: sorry just quick update started a short term short position on ECA avg price $7, just think it'll pull back a bit before climbing again. GL!

Posted via CB10
    I just sold an enormous block of ECA at $ 5.52/US and there is still more sitting there if the stock gets back up to the high. I'm making plenty of trades including some option trades on BBRY, ECA and buying pharma. Busy day! My main concern is that we are almost 12% up from the recent market lows and 17,190 on the DOW and 2023 on the S&P will usually cause some profit-taking (200-dma's). Good luck with your trade!

Re: BBRY
    I would like to see BBRY get closer to my target of $ 8.25/shr for this cycle. Looks mushy in here.
    03-04-16 11:17 AM
    37.00 - 38.00 is a level that I am watching and paying close attention too. 36.00 shorts are starting the pressure and time will tell this story line.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Last edited by bbjdog; 03-04-16 at 02:16 PM.
    morganplus8, 3MIKE and sidhuk like this.
    03-04-16 11:31 AM
    Is mushy good?

Posted via CB10
    lech31 likes this.
    03-04-16 12:27 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security file, also various medical insurance companies including mine (with Fitbit wearables) located in Canada have started promoting client prizes and lower costs. Personally am questioning how they guarantee secure access when using these ? :

Qualcomm teams with UnitedHealthcare to push wearable wellness in the workplace | ZDNet
    03-04-16 12:31 PM
    Is mushy good?

Posted via CB10
    I didn't like its performance thinking we should have made another intraday high. I sold some Calls against a block of stock that expire prior to earnings, my thinking is that there isn't much news coming, the stock has hit its market value as determined by analysts, and, it is not likely to get above $ 8.50/shr within the next couple of weeks. I'll take that money and if the stock drops below $ 8.00 soon, I'll sell some naked puts and buy it at $ 7.80 net. I sold a large block of ECA and that means looking for a new investment. BBRY could surprise me and make a new high today but I feel comfortable losing that block at $ 8.50/shr given my reasons in my earlier post. I also looked at shorting ECA but changed my mind as you never know just how high they will take it.
    bungaboy, sidhuk, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    03-04-16 12:42 PM
    Yah ECA still making new highs today, will have my short open until next week, like you said we had a strong rally as of late...selling will probably happen soon at a loss of about 2.5k atm on my short

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 12:53 PM
    Yah ECA still making new highs today, will have my short open until next week, like you said we had a strong rally as of late...selling will probably happen soon at a loss of about 2.5k atm on my short

Posted via CB10
    My last block of ECA just went through at $ 5.65/shr, all out. It is strong right now, but I needed to exit the trade to start a new round of buying in something else. Be careful with it, I mentioned that it could get to $ 6.50/shr before it sees some selling in here with OPEC just around the corner. I still think the DOW is within 130 pts of a top, the S&P 500 within 10 or slightly more points as well.
    sidhuk, rarsen, lech31 and 5 others like this.
    03-04-16 12:57 PM
    Same M+8. Out of ECA at $7.56. Sweet. What a fun Friday it's been.

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    03-04-16 01:30 PM
    BBRY I guess some are running with profits.

Posted via my PRIV
    morganplus8, sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    03-04-16 01:32 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security file, also various medical insurance companies including mine (with Fitbit wearables) located in Canada have started promoting client prizes and lower costs. Personally am questioning how they guarantee secure access when using these ? :

Qualcomm teams with UnitedHealthcare to push wearable wellness in the workplace | ZDNet
    Don't think the Insurance Companies would use your data to increase your premiums due to "their" perceived risk factors of your data? Or, that they may use your data to try to deny or reduce your claims?

I doubt such a highly regarded Industry would even think that way! Don't you?
    03-04-16 01:42 PM
    Was wondering M8 you ever finish buying your block of SPHS? I'm setting my sell price well above your $7 i dont know if $10 is wishful thinking but it should reach there if a BO or partnership is around $200M. Or is this the wrong way to calculate this? They have 16.8M outstanding and CEO stated he looking for non dilutive ways for financing.

200M/16.84M = $11.88 SP

Not familiar with BO effects

Thanks for your insight good sir!

My last block of ECA just went through at $ 5.65/shr, all out. It is strong right now, but I needed to exit the trade to start a new round of buying in something else. Be careful with it, I mentioned that it could get to $ 6.50/shr before it sees some selling in here with OPEC just around the corner. I still think the DOW is within 130 pts of a top, the S&P 500 within 10 or slightly more points as well.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 03:31 PM
    Just wanted to drop by and say hi. I've been lurking around but have been too busy with work to say much. Hope everyone is enjoying the stock ride lately and you all have a great weekend!

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    03-04-16 03:56 PM
    OT: Thanks Morgan for your insight on ECA, among other things.

Like some of you guys, I was able to get a good chunk of Encana last Friday, and gladly got out at $7.22C this morning. Finished strong though, against my suspicion of profit taking. Maybe Monday. ;-)

Still got a good chunk of BBRY. Maybe a boost next week from the AtHoc Pentagon news release..

Happy weekend all.
    03-04-16 04:12 PM
    03-04-16 06:29 PM
    For the novice investors out there I thought I'd post a link to a relatively light-hearted podcast about a bet that Warren Buffett made with hedge fund managers about index vs active investing: http://www.npr.org/sections/money/20...iant-vs-boring
    OlympusMons, CDM76 and 3MIKE like this.
    03-04-16 11:17 PM
    early2bed,

hey since you had some advice for the novice investors, any advice about what you wrote a few days back on the Verizon priv forum that it would never launch?

early2bed
    02-29-16, 10:02 AM

All they have to do is claim technical issues and that would be the end of it. There's no reason to believe this launch will ever occur.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12290723
    03-05-16 01:53 AM
    03-05-16 08:37 AM
    Was wondering M8 you ever finish buying your block of SPHS? I'm setting my sell price well above your $7 i dont know if $10 is wishful thinking but it should reach there if a BO or partnership is around $200M. Or is this the wrong way to calculate this? They have 16.8M outstanding and CEO stated he looking for non dilutive ways for financing.

200M/16.84M = $11.88 SP

Not familiar with BO effects

Thanks for your insight good sir!

Posted via CB10

Hi Slipstream!

No, I haven't been able to buy my shares. You might think that the volumes are there to buy a large number of shares, yesterday for instance, there were 230,000 traded but I wasn't able to get any. The reason being is that they are cross trading blocks and not actually offering them up for everyone. I placed an order to sell a block of SPHS just to put a lid on it and then made an offer to buy shares and both sat for hours and traded around my bid/ask. It is really hard to get my hands on a large block without a major correction in the market itself. I'll keep trying but it is frustrating to say the least.

As for a proper valuation, the only reason this one isn't trading much higher is the simple fact that the study itself is done at a University or public venue and not a clinical study from a private sector group. The problem there is in the financing for the next trial, it is far more difficult to raise cash for the next leg of the study when you are developing the product this way. Private money wants too much equity and this company doesn't want to give it up! And so the valuation is not "normal" it would/should be much higher given their success.

You can easily make justification for a $ 25.00/shr stock if the last 7 patients who report in late April have similar results to the 11 earlier ones. Think of HALO, with 80 MM shares back then, it popped to a $ 1.0 B valuation as its Phase III data proved positive for PAN Cancer. A broad based end point like Prostrate cancer should carry a very high valuation. They run the risk of getting bought out here, it could happen at any time, the number today would have to be just above valuation which is currently above $ 6.00/shr now. This is why I can't buy shares, they are crossing them to maintain interest in the play but it is not available unless you want to pay up. I want that block but I don't know at what price I'll have to pay, this is the problem with such a small float. Good luck with it and hold onto it until the next data comes out! It is really a second half of the year play.

As for the general market, I didn't want to be caught holding a pile of ECA over the weekend, there is plenty of time for negative news to hit the wires over-night in Asia so I decided to step aside and see if the market can still go higher from here. Sometimes you just have to think/act outside the box and this is one of those times.

Because of all of this, I'm a buyer of BlackBerry right now on any weakness.
    03-05-16 09:16 AM
    Thanks Morgan+8 for clearing up some of my thoughts.

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    03-05-16 09:35 AM
    Thanks Morgan+8 for clearing up some of my thoughts.

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    Thanks my friend, to be clear, its just me selling here, my wife owns a position in the stock and won't be selling anytime soon. I see it hitting an RSI=70, the market has come a long way, so I want to have some buying power now. If ECA drops back below $ 5.00/US for even a minute I may own those shares again. I do like ECA, it is one of the best run companies out there today, so I'll own it down the road. I would like to line up some investments that have huge news in the weeks ahead and that includes SPHS and BBRY. Best of luck with your trades.
    sidhuk, La Emperor, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    03-05-16 02:39 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-12446090_233903313621606_415805667_n.jpg
    bspence87, sidhuk, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    03-05-16 08:32 PM
    I love her choice of fruit

 Priv... cue the comeback!
    03-06-16 04:47 AM
    The one she's holding

 Priv... cue the comeback!
    03-06-16 04:48 AM
    Sunday reading material.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/03/...tuff-linkedin/

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    rarsen, Corbu, morganplus8 and 4 others like this.
    03-06-16 06:30 AM
    Encryption
    NIce little video summary

How Encryption Works — and How It Can Be Bypassed

The debate between privacy and national security has never been more heated, with Apple and other tech firms going up against the government. So how are text messages encrypted, and what are the controversial "backdoors" that could allow access to them?
    How Encryption Works ? and How It Can Be Bypassed
    morganplus8, sidhuk, 3MIKE and 3 others like this.
    03-06-16 10:33 AM
113,256 ... 38463847384838493850 ...