View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Is this still a thread about BBRY? Or is it about AAPL now?

 Priv... cue the comeback!
    Math basics: you cannot sum apples with blackberries...

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 10:43 AM
    Feel free to look for and contribute solid BBRY info. If you can find it, by all means, post it for our collective enlightenment. It will be appreciated.
    03-02-16 10:54 AM

Is this sarcasm, if not, WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!

LOL
    03-02-16 11:03 AM
    Okay reading time

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/03/...sales-program/

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Corbu, 3MIKE, morganplus8 and 5 others like this.
    03-02-16 11:18 AM
    Information week published a list of the top 8 operating systems for IOT. Guess who is not in the list. I would post a link but I got pi$$ed off reading it and deleted the message.
    How could anyone not consider QNX as a front runner. Maybe not the top but darn close.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, Corbu, 3MIKE and 4 others like this.
    03-02-16 11:34 AM
    Capacity to comprehend is not shared equally, some are much more distant than others unfortunately :

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-there_are_two_kinds_of_people.jpg
    morganplus8, Corbu, 3MIKE and 4 others like this.
    03-02-16 11:37 AM
    Information week published a list of the top 8 operating systems for IOT. Guess who is not in the list. I would post a link but I got pi$$ed off reading it and deleted the message.
    How could anyone not consider QNX as a front runner. Maybe not the top but darn close.

Posted via CB10
    I presume because most are looking at it from a hardware perspective than a software one, as long as the b2b's know, at first anyway

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub likes this.
    03-02-16 11:42 AM
    More positive news!

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) is undergoing a massive overhaul. Investors must watch out for these interesting developments that will forever change their outlook on BBRY stock.
    >>>Related articles:
    http://www.profitconfidential.com/st...lackberry-ltd/
    03-02-16 12:59 PM
    The interesting part of all of this is that the San Beradino government, who in fact owns this phone, was running a trial of an EMM provider's services (I think it was MobileIron but I am not sure), but this division was not on it. We would not have this problem if it was.

The FBI has admitted it was looking for a chance like this with a crime like this to force this discussion.

In fact, this single Apple phone is not much different from my BlackBerry Priv. Both are encrypted and will wipe your phone after so many failed attempts at the password which is the encryption key. If you substitute a BlackBerry Priv for the Apple 5c in question, I wonder how BlackBerry responds. I know there were many companies that supported Apple's brief in appeal of the judge's decision, I did not see BlackBerry as one of the companies mentioned.

In the USA this question has been hashed as Apple vs Terrorist Killer and that seems so easy. In his testimony yesterday the FBI director admitted they have other phones for crimes not quite as heinous they want opened as well.

Once this is done and the world knows it's done, whats to stop other governments from insisting "you did it for the FBI now do this for us". There are countries in this world where doing things you take for granted are against the law.

This is not an easy conversation but it's one we have to have. It should not, in any case, be easy for the government to get access to my personal information. My phone is unprecedented in the amount of information it stores about me. If Snowden taught us anything at all it's that the process will be abused - or was the German Chancellor up to something that the US Govenment needed surveillance too?

For one, I am very happy Apple is standing up on this matter. This is a discussion worth having.
    03-02-16 01:18 PM
    It was indeed MOBL, randall2580.
    03-02-16 01:21 PM
    http://www.mideasttime.com/blackberr...search/777573/

Reading material

3MIKE and bspence87 like this.
    03-02-16 01:23 PM
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but how I understand the Apple story currently is that they decided to 'encrypt' iOS in such a way that allowing/facilitating instances to break into a single device would jeopardize every one of their devices on the market today? If that's the case, not so smart.

But what I'm trying to understand is why WhatsApp or Facebook are being brought into this discussion, together with Apple. If they are in the same boat (while there is a huge difference between an OS and an application), than what would be the difference between let's say Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp or 'consumer' BBM?! I didn't expect the normal consumer to be protected that much anymore? And still a VP from Facebook is some where sitting in a Brazilian jail... hmmm?

I have yet to see what exactly the government is asking for. If it is outright access to anyones privacy, than I sure hope they can solve it with a lawful work around like BlackBerry's - or BlackBerry can be happy if they'll be allowed to serve even the enterprise market in the future. Perhaps we'll get to see a future where BlackBerry is prohibited unless used by government officials.

Anyway, ignore the above. I'm on a rant and know absolutely nothing about this matter!!! :-)

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE, rarsen, morganplus8 and 2 others like this.
    03-02-16 01:24 PM
    Feel free to look for and contribute solid BBRY info. If you can find it, by all means, post it for our collective enlightenment. It will be appreciated.
    Also feel free to post comments on biotech companies, any article with the word 'security' in it, random technology info prefixed with 'OT', and pictures of scantily clad women or other random photos that you think will please the regulars.

Posted via CB10
    spiller and 3MIKE like this.
    03-02-16 01:36 PM
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but how I understand the Apple story currently is that they decided to 'encrypt' iOS in such a way that allowing/facilitating instances to break into a single device would jeopardize every one of their devices on the market today? If that's the case, not so smart.

But what I'm trying to understand is why WhatsApp or Facebook are being brought into this discussion, together with Apple. If they are in the same boat (while there is a huge difference between an OS and an application), than what would be the difference between let's say Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp or 'consumer' BBM?! I didn't expect the normal consumer to be protected that much anymore? And still a VP from Facebook is some where sitting in a Brazilian jail... hmmm?

I have yet to see what exactly the government is asking for. If it is outright access to anyones privacy, than I sure hope they can solve it with a lawful work around like BlackBerry's - or BlackBerry can be happy if they'll be allowed to serve even the enterprise market in the future. Perhaps we'll get to see a future where BlackBerry is prohibited unless used by government officials.

Anyway, ignore the above. I'm on a rant and know absolutely nothing about this matter!!! :-)

Posted via CB10
    @dimi Simplest way to look at this is encryption is a lock. Some locks can be picked fairly easily. Some are virtually impenetrable. Apple uses encryption to lock the information on your phone. BlackBerry does the exact same thing with the Priv. If the phone was a Priv instead of a 5c the Government would be having the same request, this time to BlackBerry instead of Apple to push software to the phone that would allow the government unlimited tries (currently both the Priv and any phone with iOS 9 is 10 times before the phone is wiped) at accessing the phone. That and a decrease in the time between password entries is what he US government is currently requiring of Apple, the decrease would mean they could try all possible iterations in weeks instead of years. So the government isn't asking Apple to break the encryption, they are asking them for unlimited tries at "picking the lock" as the FBI director put it yesterday.

The messaging systems you cite above, and most other cloud based systems likely use encryption to keep your messages, information, photos, private. Just like the phone where the key resides makes a big difference as to how secure your information really is. In fact, Apple has given the USA government all cloud based information they have about these 2 people as they hold the keys in those instances. But, some companies, like Secusmart for example, leave the keys on the device or with the individual, or on a BES server.

Right now, strong encryption is the best "lock" we have. Encryption at its basic level is math and there is strong encryption that is open sourced and freely available to anyone who wants it which means that really serious bad guys will always have access if that's what they really want, that cat is already out of the bag and no laws can prevent it.

So the question isn't so much about the locks but who holds the keys
    03-02-16 01:49 PM
    I know this isn't really related to BBRY or other stocks, and etc., but my app for stock news eats battery. What should I do
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20160302_145153.png

03-02-16 01:53 PM
    Also feel free to post comments on biotech companies, any article with the word 'security' in it, random technology info prefixed with 'OT', and pictures of scantily clad women or other random photos that you think will please the regulars.

Posted via CB10
    and you wanted this thread to be closed, if i recall.
    not sure why are you so against the so called "Regulars". by the way, you are regular too IMO. corbu has better track record when it comes down to the posts. certainly better than you IMO.
    03-02-16 02:05 PM
    Thank you randall

Posted via CB10
    randall2580 likes this.
    03-02-16 02:08 PM
    Let's move on...

Posted via my PRIV
    3MIKE and ZayDub like this.
    03-02-16 02:14 PM

03-02-16 02:18 PM
    Password reset??????

3MIKE likes this.
    03-02-16 02:22 PM
    OT:

Chesapeake CEO gets indicted and the day after he is dead?

3MIKE, rarsen and Corbu like this.
    03-02-16 02:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    Don't forget the Monkey pictures! I want credit for it!

morganplus8, sidhuk, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    03-02-16 02:29 PM
    MOBL up another 9%.. something's up?!

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 02:50 PM
    MOBL up another 9%.. something's up?!

Posted via CB10
    Brought out ?

Posted via my PRIV
    03-02-16 03:04 PM
    Corbu mate, how about a picture of your girlfriend. I just purchased a new set of pills. If you do not post a new picture, I will have no choice but to post a picture of Coco! LOL

morganplus8, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    03-02-16 03:15 PM
113,256 ... 38433844384538463847 ...