View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Welcome Bacon!

I truly hope Morgan is not seeing Boobs on his TA charts, if he is, then a visit to the doctors is recommended. LOL

Back on topic!

Still his hat isn't as nice as my hat!

Attachment 392813
    Why do I get the feeling you have a chimp on your shoulder?

Perhaps, you are just a chimp off the old block?
    morganplus8, rarsen and 3MIKE like this.
    02-29-16 12:50 PM
    Sitting in a big resistance area and light volume. If it can close up here, that's just at the 200-dma, +/-. Personally, I'd expect, and prefer, a bit of a pull back to the 50-dma, refresh the RSI and push on through with volume and conviction.

Posted via CB10
    And, if it lasts more than 4 hours, seek medical assistance?
    02-29-16 12:51 PM
    Bungaboy is back!!

Good laugh Bunga! and by the way, I do have a chimp on my back.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-thk82jtsjo.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-thzrjmovvf.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-th7kddgzjr.jpg
    Last edited by bbjdog; 02-29-16 at 02:28 PM.
    02-29-16 01:52 PM
    BlackBerry's turnaround effort may be falling behind, says Cormark - Cantech Letter

At Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Cormark analyst Richard Tse says BlackBerry (TSX:BB, Nasdaq:BBRY) did not have a great showing.

Tse notes that while his investment thesis is partly based on a rollup strategy, he noticed that some competitors were showcasing more developed solutions at the world�s largest mobile industry exhibition. While the analyst has in the past pointed out that things like Mobile Device Management and Enterprise Mobility Management (MDM/EMM) would be keys for BlackBerry going forward, he says he now sees increased risk in them.

�In particular, while incumbents like AirWatch continued to maintain a big presence, we noticed an equally well-rounded portfolio of EMM solutions from Samsung KNOX and IBM�s MaaS360 which were arguably further along when it comes to an integrated platform than BlackBerry,� says Tse. �All that is to say that even with a pivot, growing competition heightens the level of risk to owning this name. The market is moving quickly and from what we saw at MWC, we believe the risk to BlackBerry from a market perspective is considerably higher than we thought going into this year�s trade show. �

From the Mobile World Congress, BlackBerry issued press releases touting its acquisition of Encription Limited, a UK-based cybersecurity consultancy, also that its BlackBerry�s Enterprise Solutions and Services will be available to Microsoft users via the Azure cloud platform, a move the company says would offer users of Microsoft�s cloud architecture will have full access to their BES12 licenses without having to build their own IT infrastructure, and highlighted an expanded partnership with Sharecare, a digital health engagement platform, launching a BBM Sharecare channel to provide consumers with insights into their health.

BlackBerry CEO John Chen talked about the Encription deal.

�BlackBerry is the gold standard when it comes to security and we�re always evolving to maintain this high standard as the complexity of enterprise mobility and security increases,� he said. �We recognize that security vulnerabilities are a top risk concern for public and private sector organizations alike. The creation of our Professional Cybersecurity Services practice and acquisition of Encription reinforces our commitment to providing customers the industry�s most secure mobility solutions and helping them to assess and mitigate risks.�

Another space Tse believed BlackBerry could have success in pivoting to was the Internet of Things, particularly in asset tracking, where the company is expected to soon have a product launch. But the analyst says he some advanced solutions that were already deployed in the market with large logisitics companies. One offering from AT&T caught his eye with an �impressive� demo that offered similar functionality to BlackBerry�s proposed offering.

In an update of several coverage companies to clients from Mobile World Congress, Tse maintained his �Buy (Speculative)� rating and one-year price target of (U.S.) $11.00 on BlackBerry.
    02-29-16 03:32 PM
    02-29-16 03:32 PM
    Someone should check his, and his family's bank balances for the last couple of months. Lol

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 03:43 PM
    http://www.cantechletter.com/2016/02...-says-cormark/

For some reason its impossible to read in a BB10 browser..

Ignore, thanks Corbu!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Corbu likes this.
    02-29-16 03:47 PM
    Morgan.... you know we are all waiting for your assessment of the numbers and the call.... haha On the T/A side, I see that we look to have completed a 15 month long head and shoulders pattern. The positive ER, imo, should allow the completion to result in the next stage to be an upward move. Curious as to your thoughts on both aspects.
    Corbu, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 5 others like this.
    02-29-16 04:30 PM
    Someone should check his, and his family's bank balances for the last couple of months. Lol

Posted via CB10
    He has to backtrack a bit based on the share price. Nice moves in the last few days though...hopefully there's follow through.

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 05:17 PM
    He has to backtrack a bit based on the share price. Nice moves in the last few days though...hopefully there's follow through.

Posted via CB10
    How so? The market got pummeled, BBRY followed, and in the last few weeks, BBRY has actually performed quite strong. He has been positive during some of the worst times as he looked further down the road than next quarter.

I was half joking with my last comment, but at the same time, I know that Wall Street isn't above board so expect manipulation on every street corner. I never take analyst comments at face value, but I will watch for their sentiment towards a stock knowing their influence.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, rarsen, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    02-29-16 06:42 PM
    02-29-16 06:50 PM
    02-29-16 07:18 PM
    OT: self driving cars. Until a self driving car can actual think for itself and not be programmed, I'm out!

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/02/29/googl...nor-crash.html

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Corbu, rarsen, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    02-29-16 09:07 PM
    02-29-16 09:27 PM
    02-29-16 09:54 PM
    Priv love.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/02/...n-google-play/

Corbu, Superfly_FR, 3MIKE and 5 others like this.
    02-29-16 10:19 PM
    Some TA points of interest, if markets agree today.

Alert Name: New Alert
    Alert Criteria:
    BBRY (NASDAQ)
    Classic Patterns; Short-term Patterns; Indicators; Oscillators
    Any Opportunity Type (Bullish or Bearish)
    Daily and Weekly Events
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY:NASDAQ)

Double Bottom -- Intermediate-Term Bullish
    ----------

Price Crosses Moving Average (50-day) -- Intermediate-Term Bullish
    ----------

Price Crosses Moving Average (200-day) -- Long-Term Bullish

02-29-16 11:58 PM
    OT: self driving cars. Until a self driving car can actual think for itself and not be programmed, I'm out!

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/02/29/googl...nor-crash.html

It may only be a matter of time before one drives off a cliff. Even when working, I'll bet the plan is to take sponsored routes, passing billboards owned by Google...

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    03-01-16 02:45 AM
    Morgan.... you know we are all waiting for your assessment of the numbers and the call.... haha On the T/A side, I see that we look to have completed a 15 month long head and shoulders pattern.
    Is that bad?

 Priv... cue the comeback!
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-01-16 03:01 AM
    Noob question: if A LOT of companies (GM,Ford,Boston Dynamics,etc etc..) are using QNX and BlackBerry is claiming that QNX can be found on millions of devices I am wondering why it produces so little profit? Did they license it on a year basis? Or they are all using it with some kind of free-to-use license? Can someone clarify that to me? Sorry again for the dumb question..it's something I woke up to and I know you guys are the ones who can resolve this rebus to me

Posted via CB10
    3MIKE and CDM76 like this.
    03-01-16 07:05 AM
    At one point last year Chen said under the old guard qnx agreements were not getting a fair value and when renegotiated he would work on getting fair value. I think that has now started. But no one knows the details of a license per car for the base qnx system, or what they would charge for qnx car 2.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 07:38 AM
    Noob question: if A LOT of companies (GM,Ford,Boston Dynamics,etc etc..) are using QNX and BlackBerry is claiming that QNX can be found on millions of devices I am wondering why it produces so little profit? Did they license it on a year basis? Or they are all using it with some kind of free-to-use license? Can someone clarify that to me? Sorry again for the dumb question..it's something I woke up to and I know you guys are the ones who can resolve this rebus to me

Posted via CB10
    QNX used to be a small company before the 60million customers. And you don't become a big company by charging a huge amount right from the start. Now that they are bigger, they have to decide on the right amount, too much and people will go to other platforms, too little and they're selling themselves short.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 07:58 AM
    Morgan.... you know we are all waiting for your assessment of the numbers and the call.... haha On the T/A side, I see that we look to have completed a 15 month long head and shoulders pattern. The positive ER, imo, should allow the completion to result in the next stage to be an upward move. Curious as to your thoughts on both aspects.
    Hi CJ !!

This is a big OT for those who don't follow HALO:

The numbers were positive, they met forecasts for 2015, milestone and initial payments for PEGPH20 and ENHANCE during Q4 allowed them to show a profit which is always nice but not essential to me. This company isn't about profit/loss its about PAN cancer, lung cancer, breast cancer, the list goes on. They are trying to reach out to all of these leading cancers and that's exciting news. So this year is an ambitious one for HALO and I personally wanted to hear from Dr. Torley about the pipeline, and within that, the timeline for announcements and data. It turns out that we'll be hearing a great deal from the company starting this quarter. What they provided this quarter was a sense of assurance that their budget was needed, it encompasses a great deal of research and that's works for me.

I will clear up one issue that seems to be getting a bad rap and that is the $ 150 MM loan against future awards for PEGPH20 and ENHANCE. So many investors are missing the point of these contracts with big pharma. Think of BlackBerry and their patent portfolio, it is worth somewhere between $ 1.5 B and a much higher number to them. The contracts signed by HALO are no different, they are setup for an initial drug test, a $ 25 MM payment is made, if they test the drug for the very first patient, they get $ 1 MM - $ 5.0 MM as a milestone (that is the big pharma under contract). So many investors think that's it, they have forward sold all of the rights to each program. This is simply not the case, each contract is for 7 - 9 drugs, so multiply that times the potential for up to $ 160 MM in total milestone payments for each drug tested, and you can see that the value of these two programs is in the Billions, not millions. I estimate they have close to 48 drugs assigned to this payment program so you can do the math. In conclusion, it was so easy to receive a backing for $ 150 MM because it represents only 1/10th of the value of those contracts to date. Can you see how easy it will be to raise more capital in two more years if they continue with the suite of cancer programs they are aggressively going after today? This is one amazing company.

As for the TA, you had better hope that isn't a head and shoulders pattern my friend as H&S resolve to the downside by value of the neckline stock price to the top of the head as a range for the drop and that's more then the current price of the stock! I had a quick look at the chart and I saw an inverse H&S that failed to breakout when the market wasn't bullish this fall. Have a look at the trading for all of 2015. The second reason I don't think we are seeing a 15 month H&S is due to the length of time to form it. You usually don't see that much forethought taken for these formations. So I would look for a pattern that saw the stock and the IBB Index get overbought for the past three years followed by a exit of the sector as a whole. I would look to take direction for HALO in the IBB Index itself, the stock will now outperform that index but as you can see, the IBB Index has the Hilary curse on it right now. The stock has built a really nice base, the first line of resistance is aprox. $ 9.00/shr and I hope it doesn't get too far ahead of itself as I would like to buy even more!

Hope I answered your questions, now we can resume our show starring BlackBerry and its breakout of the 50-dma and the probable run well above the 200-dma as they fall so easily. What a nice move and long over due. GL
    03-01-16 08:08 AM
    OT: HALO
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/edited...051214140.html
    Edited Transcript of HALO earnings conference call

Thanks Morgan!
    03-01-16 09:07 AM
    Any reason BBRY is down in a rally, with three bullish signs?

 Priv... cue the comeback!
    03-01-16 10:34 AM
113,256 ... 38413842384338443845 ...